TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Was able to get out in PHX today with an old friend and a new friend of his. Played a course called San Marcos in Chandler. (First grassed course in AZ, apparently, 1920’s maybe?) Very cool parkland course; started slow but played steady and posted a smooth 79! (38-41) Haven’t broken that magic number in quite a while! Only happens when you don’t pay attention to your score!!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

On 1/24/2022 at 11:23 AM, Rickp said:

28* this morning in Central FL!!!  Heavy Frost so breakfast with the “Boyz” instead.  I don’t care who you are or where you live 28* is cold🥶

Yes. 28° is cold, but I’ve played in it against my better judgment.  Not much fun when you are playing on frozen ground.  There is no stopping a ball on the green, and yes the course was open.

10 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yes. 28° is cold, but I’ve played in it against my better judgment.  Not much fun when you are playing on frozen ground.  There is no stopping a ball on the green, and yes the course was open.

28* was doable 20 years ago, not any more.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 1/22/2022 at 2:26 PM, chisag said:

... Thanks to you and others. Posted this before but I had a very enlightening experience after my 2nd back surgery in '95. First day of rehab I was complaining to the girl next to me doing the same exercise. Poor me, can't play for another 5 months, why me, a second surgery is just unfair, little pity rant. I asked her of she was recovering from back surgery and she said "No, I have terminal cancer and 6 months to live so I am just trying to keep up the quality of life for the time I have left". She was 27. I started to apologize and she held up her hand saying "I am not looking for your pity. Just enjoy every day like it is your last".

... To say this had a profound effect on me is an understatement and while not always successful, I have tried my best to do just that. A ruined cart, rangefinder and remote is just money. My injuries were far from life threatening so I just thought about all the people in the world so much worse off than me and this incident was merely a small insignificant event and I am grateful I was able to recover so quickly. 

Ya know, this story hit home and brought me back to when one of my best buddies lost his 30 year old son to melanoma cancer. Hardly anything can compare to losing youngsters and every time we grouse about some bad luck we’re having, it’s rarely comparable to what that family dealt with.

yet with that Chisag, nice tumble… **cringe**

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

played this morning with a 2 club wind, it was nice reaching a tough par 3 with a smooth 6 iron. Birdied 2 of the par 5’s to bring the score into decent territory. Got a little sunburn tho as the hat was impossible to keep on

We’re in the middle of the coldest stretch I remember since I moved here almost 12 years ago.

Our courses have been closed most of the last two weeks, and the few days they haven’t first tees we’re pushed back to at least 1030 when they took the tarps of the greens.

No golf until at least Monday, and I’m chomping at the bit. I’ve had 3 league dates and two tournaments postponed. After spending the Holiday season up on Long Island, I’ve only played 5x since mid November. 🙄

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

Friday Bacon Boyz 7:30 Tee Time.  A chilly 42* & 8 mph wind.  First time out after my fall so treading slowly.  I played 4 of the 9 holes, 2par 3’s & 2par 4’s.  Split them with 2 pars & 2 bogies.  
Some minor pain but no bad.  After our cold spell beginning of the week I’m going to give it a few more holes per round.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Friday Bacon Boyz 7:30 Tee Time.  A chilly 42* & 8 mph wind.  First time out after my fall so treading slowly.  I played 4 of the 9 holes, 2par 3’s & 2par 4’s.  Split them with 2 pars & 2 bogies.  
Some minor pain but no bad.  After our cold spell beginning of the week I’m going to give it a few more holes per round.

Go easy, Rick. Listen to your body.

The good thing about living where we live is we know it will warm up soon. Those golf courses aren’t going anywhere. I’m thinking about an over 50* rule this year. I’m so over those low 40’s and damp rounds. 🙄

6 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Go easy, Rick. Listen to your body.

The good thing about living where we live is we know it will warm up soon. Those golf courses aren’t going anywhere. I’m thinking about an over 50* rule this year. I’m so over those low 40’s and damp rounds. 🙄

You’re right about the 50* rule.  A few of the Boyz are at that stage.  They check in with the Starter and straight to breakfast!  

Rick

Left Hand, 

First competition round for the year. Coming back after missing a couple of weeks due to back issues and family commitments. Slow start with 2 bogeys.  Warmed up a bit after that. Finished with 8 over 79 despite a brain fade 3 putt to finish.

Continuing to work on my alignment, amazing how much easier it is to swing the club properly when aiming properly instead of 15 yards right. Irons were as good as I can remember. A couple of 50 yard pitches to 2 feet were a massive improvement over recent form. Putting was indifferent on greens that were slower than normal after 2 inches of rain over the last 2 days. Course held up extremely well.

My mate who I play with most weeks sent me a text telling me he’s never seen me hit irons that well, so something must be working.

Need to get my putting back to normal and hopefully start scoring well.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Gleneagle GC - Arlington, WA

18 holes walking - White Tees

48° - Sunshine

2:57 (1:39 Front / 1:17 Back)

Not bad for my first round of the year. 7 pars, drove 3 greens, and had zero 3 putts. 

39% GIR

43% FIR

35 Putts

Front 44 

Back 49

FA96DA96-1C71-4F20-B898-2490B43895CA.jpeg

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Out early to play. Course had Temporary green  set up cause it was cold

Then by the time I got the back 9 warm enough that greens crew allow to play the regular greens. Didn’t bother counting score due to temporary greens

My full swing was good today.  Driving and iron play. Had a lot of short pitches cause the temp green were in front of the green on the fairway Inside 90 yards had trouble.  Need to learn to spin the ball and play something other than a full swing.  

Edited by Haro

Got the clubs dirty for the first time in over 2 weeks (cold weather and back issues) and while there were a few issues with the driver, I was pretty satisfied with my round.

We teed off at 10am and it was 43* with a 10mph wind, and maybe warmed up to near 50* but the wind picked up, so it wasn’t the best day condition wise. I was in a very nice group though, two new members playing their first time in our league and a guy I get along well with.

We played decent golf, a few really good holes, and a few blowups. We were all between 83-88 when it was done and I won low net in the A flight despite my 85 because… strokes 😂

Takeaway for the round? The PXG irons and wedges are really working out great (I’m so happy I got the same shaft in the wedges!) I can shake off the driver disappointment, I’m usually okay with that club, FWs are driving me crazy though. I’m really wondering why I bother with them at this point. After today I’m throwing a Epic Star 15* in the bag for a couple of rounds. If that doesn’t help, I think l’ll finally cut the cord. I hardly lose anything distance wise comparing it with my 3 hybrid, so at this point it’s just my ego that keeps pulling the damn head cover off the 3 wood.

I was able to get out and play 9 holes yesterday in the 50* day and before the snow storm coming today.  Love how that works.

The ground was still concrete so chipping and approach play was a little odd.  Luckily I was able to get a ton of roll on my drives and actually hit a green on a par 4 from 340 (thank you to 60 yards of roll).  I had 2 birdies and would have had 4 without a couple three putts.  The greens still had snow on a couple of them that had not melted off yet.  

Put the new Ventus TR shaft in my driver and it felt a bit stiffer, but I was hitting it well and finding the center of the face.  One that felt terrible and looked like a massive hook only landed about 12 yards off the fairway and I still had an open shot to the green.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Stag day and it was brutal. Steady 30+ mph cold wind. Easy 3-4 club wind was stoning every shot, or turning them 50 yards off line.

wasn’t a good thing to be said except my lone birdie on a 170 yard par 3, that I teed off with a 3 wood. I crushed the shot and ended up pin high. I swear it went past the green, and the wind actually blew it backwards on the decent…

10 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Stag day and it was brutal. Steady 30+ mph cold wind. Easy 3-4 club wind was stoning every shot, or turning them 50 yards off line.

wasn’t a good thing to be said except my lone birdie on a 170 yard par 3, that I teed off with a 3 wood. I crushed the shot and ended up pin high. I swear it went past the green, and the wind actually blew it backwards on the decent…

What dosen't kill you or your game makes you stronger... or something like that 😆.  Playing in howling winds can be a fun experience and challenge.  Convincing yourself to full swing the 4i from 150 yards is a skill.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)