Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played 9 holes this morning early.  Greens were aerated and in horrible shape.  It looked more like sand dunes! 
Parred 1st 4 hole with 3 legit Birdie looks but sand was a problem, I felt like we needed to do “sweeping” in front of the ball like curling!  5th hole bad bogie with errant Tee Shot behind an oak tree and had no shot at green.  Parred 6 th, then 2 more stoopid bogies and a Par on 9 for a 39.

Hope to be playing Friday if we don’t get rained out.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played hooky for a second day, played Rustic Canyon, and recorded a personal best.  Not the lowest score I've ever recorded , but the first single digit differential I've ever managed.  39/44 83.  9.6 differential.  😀

Same strategy as yesterday -- stay in play and aim to avoid short siding.    I was lights out on the front and serviceable on the back.  Many of the two putt pars were tap ins that could have been birdies and the same for the bogies. 

Only one major stupid.  There's a forced 220 yard carry from the tee on 14 that I pulled into the 'esa' hazard swinging way too hard instead of playing it safe.  Re-tee clipped  the target line tree and dropped into the waste area.  Shot 4 was short.  5  got to the green.  Then two putt for a crowd pleasing triple. Oh well.  Not a lot to be mad about on the day.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

I wish I could spout on about my great play with my lessons, but it seems I’ve taken a step backwards with the legs / hip move. Apparently I am swaying too much, and needed to stack up on a stiff left leg at contact. I didn’t keep a score as I played 2 or 3 balls while working on the new “move”. I did have a few good shots, but it seemed like I was pulling a lot of shots left. I think the gist of this move is to fire the hips through and get a strong turn, rather than a slide..

kinda frustrating…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Got the first round of the '22 season in - in Ireland! My wife and I were over there for a wedding (the oldest son of one her her oldest, closest friends married a nice Irish lass) which was at a really nice resort with a beautiful course .. rolling hills, lots of trees, very natural and .. no surprise for Ireland, I guess .. very wet and muddy..!

But we were able to get out on what turned out to be the nicest day of our trip - sunny, clear, reasonably warm and almost no wind. We ended up sharing one set of ladies clubs, as all the mens' sets were already reserved, but it worked out ok. In fact - I actually hit the driver a few times! Into play!!

We walked the course and unfortunately my wife took a bad spill at one point when she wasn't carefully watching every step and hot an extra slick spot, so we stopped after 9 (and started happy hour 🍻 behind the clubhouse - which they comp'ed us for whatever reason .. everyone we interacted with there was really friendly!!).

I ended up playing relatively ok - not great, not terrible. Put most of the tee shots into play (7/9), generally kept the second shot moving in the right direction, short game was ok (made 2 or 3 up and downs) and lag putting was decent .. even with what may be my least favorite looking putter - an old 2-Ball with a full shaft offset plus the shaft was too long for either of us. But hey it was vacation and we enjoyed rolling the ball with it nonetheless!

Didn't actually keep score but had 3 maybe 4 doubles - found a few water hazards 🤷‍♂️ - then 4 or 5 bogeys and made par on the #9 Par 5.

Looking forward to building on that this season!!

You win the start of the golf season 2022! It's awesome you got to play a bucket list destination like Ireland to kick off your season. I hope your wife is feeling better and you have a safe trip home. 

Played 3 days at Lochinvar Golf Club in Houston TX -- Monday, rainy and windy...Tuesday, course was wet from the 2.5 inches of rain (tornado watch, lightning, thunder) from Monday night and still windy, Wednesday, dry but cool and windy.  Played bogey plus golf all 3 days.  Today, back at my home course, playing the MGA event (2 man team Stableford), but my clubhouse assigned partner was a no show.  I played anyway and again shot bogey golf.  Very frustrated with my ball striking right now.  Not really sure what is going on with my swing, but it's definitely out of whack.  I can write off putting due to still unhealed punched greens, but no excuses for the rest of my poor play. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

3 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Got the first round of the '22 season in - in Ireland! My wife and I were over there for a wedding (the oldest son of one her her oldest, closest friends married a nice Irish lass) which was at a really nice resort with a beautiful course .. rolling hills, lots of trees, very natural and .. no surprise for Ireland, I guess .. very wet and muddy..!

But we were able to get out on what turned out to be the nicest day of our trip - sunny, clear, reasonably warm and almost no wind. We ended up sharing one set of ladies clubs, as all the mens' sets were already reserved, but it worked out ok. In fact - I actually hit the driver a few times! Into play!!

We walked the course and unfortunately my wife took a bad spill at one point when she wasn't carefully watching every step and hot an extra slick spot, so we stopped after 9 (and started happy hour 🍻 behind the clubhouse - which they comp'ed us for whatever reason .. everyone we interacted with there was really friendly!!).

I ended up playing relatively ok - not great, not terrible. Put most of the tee shots into play (7/9), generally kept the second shot moving in the right direction, short game was ok (made 2 or 3 up and downs) and lag putting was decent .. even with what may be my least favorite looking putter - an old 2-Ball with a full shaft offset plus the shaft was too long for either of us. But hey it was vacation and we enjoyed rolling the ball with it nonetheless!

Didn't actually keep score but had 3 maybe 4 doubles - found a few water hazards 🤷‍♂️ - then 4 or 5 bogeys and made par on the #9 Par 5.

Looking forward to building on that this season!!

--
Edit:
We played Lift, Clean and Place. Don't know if it was in the Local Rules but I am not kidding when I tell you that one downhill tee shot .. which I hit pretty well, I'd thought .. was literally *buried* below the surface of the ground!!

We only found it 'cuz we just happened to be walking that way after looking for my wife's ball, which she thought was to the right side .. I found one ball that I thought at the time was mine and hit it after we couldn't find hers - we were sharing the same set of golf balls (in addition to the clubs).

Then as we walked towards where I hit that ball to was when happened across what was my actual tee shot....

I haven’t even read your post yet, but hey… Welcome back stranger!

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

Played last Sunday at orchard Hills CC, was not a stellar day for scoring (99) worst score of the year so far, but it was awesome to be on the course. Somehow over the winter I developed an over the top move. I have been working on "dropping" the right arm which has caused fat and off the housel shots.  When I hit good shots they are more online to my target and distance is longer probably due to (A). new clubs (B). hitting the sweet spot.  My putting was off as well but the greens at this place might be the sneakiest tough greens I've ever played. I love it like that and I can't wait to get back there and give them another whirl. 

Don't think I'll be able to get out until after a short trip to Ill. Going in to see the Sub 70 facilities. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

12 hours ago, JFish350 said:

Don't think I'll be able to get out until after a short trip to Ill. Going in to see the Sub 70 facilities. 

Great timing!  Weather is still a little dicey but Sycamore Golf Club opens for the season today. 😉

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

3 hours ago, JerryB said:

Great timing!  Weather is still a little dicey but Sycamore Golf Club opens for the season today. 😉

One of these trips up I hope to be able to play a couple rounds. We are usually in town for 2-3 days and spent with our daughter getting here moved into or out of the dorms. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

Miserable Bacon Boyz Friday.  Last 36 hours of rain left the course a sopping mess.  Lost 2 balls in casual water!  
only positive take away is the hybrids are really working hard to stay in the bag.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Miserable Bacon Boyz Friday.  Last 36 hours of rain left the course a sopping mess.  Lost 2 balls in casual water!  

... I would gladly donate a dozen balls to casual water! I remember plenty of Springs in Chicago bemoaning the heavy rain. Now I am in a desert and since moving into my home last October I have not seen so much as a sprinkle. Not only does the desert come alive with flowers blooming and trees turning green, it cleans the air and we could really use some rain ... but sadly none in sight. 🥺

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... I would gladly donate a dozen balls to casual water! I remember plenty of Springs in Chicago bemoaning the heavy rain. Now I am in a desert and since moving into my home last October I have not seen so much as a sprinkle. Not only does the desert come alive with flowers blooming and trees turning green, it cleans the air and we could really use some rain ... but sadly none in sight. 🥺

We are couple months away from “rainy season” and ponds are full. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

12 minutes ago, Rickp said:

We are couple months away from “rainy season” and ponds are full. 

... Well feel free to send or truck some of it to Arizona. 

23 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Maybe you can tell me what the he!! this is for? 

rain.JPG.0e00131ec60b7cc1241d02a54fec0158.JPG

Scorpion nesting?   

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

1 minute ago, NRJyzr said:

Scorpion nesting?   

... Yea, I was thinking maybe an insect slide to get from the roof to the rocks. 

*My ex thought the desert had no wildlife other than scorpions and snakes, and I have seen neither the entire time I have been here. Lots of hummingbirds, hawks, pheasant, roadrunners, rabbits, ground squirrels, prairie dogs, coyotes and more. 

I played Wednesday and today at my home course, but I thought I was over in Scotland. Didn't have to play in any rain, but dang the wind! It's hard for me to get in a rhythm with the swing playing in a strong wind. 

Edited by GaDawg

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

First round of the year ✅ and I hope it is signs of things to come this year. 

59F1E59C-CD19-4A3C-8E5C-379B7B17005F.png.d9aad7fa7d0268f04707d31ebeec4172.png

Best first round I have ever played. 78 with 2 birds, 9 pars, 6 bogeys and a single double.

Course was in really good shape for this early, little watery after a good rain last night but todays weather was great. Rolled balls if it was really wet and we didn’t play out of traps. Greens were slow but once ya got used to it was fine.

biggest take aways we’re swing felt amazing and all facets of the game were strong. Only had 2 “ooof bad shot” moments both kn par 3’s and I came back to chip on and 1 putt for par.

112687E3-D845-4DC7-80C6-B9211ACB5E75.jpeg.3d2fb37231b962790405477e8777949e.jpeg

That's a great way to start out the season, Mark! I'm happy to hear the weather is getting nice enough that my northern friends can get out and play. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's a great way to start out the season, Mark! I'm happy to hear the weather is getting nice enough that my northern friends can get out and play. 

It’s really been perfect. Snow melted as it came down over the winter and we have had about 2 weeks of nothing on the ground so it’s been able to fry up. The rain last night soaked a lot of stuff but will be really good for the next few weeks if it stays mild.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

4 hours ago, chisag said:

Same here in SoCal 

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

19 hours ago, chisag said:

... Yea, I was thinking maybe an insect slide to get from the roof to the rocks. 

*My ex thought the desert had no wildlife other than scorpions and snakes, and I have seen neither the entire time I have been here. Lots of hummingbirds, hawks, pheasant, roadrunners, rabbits, ground squirrels, prairie dogs, coyotes and more. 

You forgot Black Widows and tarantula's. 

I lived there 20 years and didn't have a single snake or scorpion in any house. Black widows on the are another story. You moved there when all were dormant and raising/hatching babies. Just be careful looking for your ball in the desert and the hot season starts in April.  Other than Family and golf I am not sure I would ever live there again. I visit a time or two a year and do my best to miss May-October. 

Good luck in your new endeavors. Let me know if you need any Garage door work done, Hope thats ok to post on here.  

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter