TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

You guys in Phoenix and Yuma need to quit sending all that wind to the east. We don't know how to play in it here in Georgia! 

Graham Marsh loses his hat as he tees off into a strong wind on No. 16 during the first round of the Champions Tour’s FedEx Kinko’s Classic in Lakeway, Texas.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

2 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

You guys in Phoenix and Yuma need to quit sending all that wind to the east. We don't know how to play in it here in Georgia! 

... Thankfully I had plenty of experience in Chicago. Pin was on the left edge of a 173 yd par 3 yesterday and I hit a low cut starting 30 yds left of the green that started fading about 5 yds then took a right turn and ran onto the green almost sideways. Happy with par there. While we can get some wind in the spring maybe 10-15 days, the rest of the year is pretty calm. I remember last Spring lamenting the wind and wishing we could have some wind free days and then summer hit with temps around 110 and above without any breeze at all and I regretted my lamenting. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Got a new set of iron   Tour edge E with graphite shifts.  Wanted to try it out on the course.   Had hurt my left knee didnt play for couple of weeks   Excited to get out as it was warmer today 

my swing was awful. Too much arms and not proper body rotation.  I had six lost/OB and quit scoring after 7 holes after realizing I couldn’t put pressure on my knee 

just played out front 9 and time for rehab for another week. I’m going make sure my turning and extension strength on my knee is better before trying to play again 

I didn't play well today.  End of story.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Played my first round with the swing change, shot 91. 1 birdie, 2 pars, 9 bogies, 6 doubles. Obviously not where I want to be but I also understand the new swing is a “go backwards to go forwards” approach and I could tell after the first 9 it was starting to click some. When I did it all correctly hit it great, but when I did not it was worse than before, which makes sense. Drove it well besides a couple holes, stunk in the fairway for the most part, chipped very well and putted so so. 

Excited to play more with this new swing and get more and more used to it! 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

New swing still helping, and had a few really nice shots with it. Shot a 78, with 2 doubles, gah!

7th hole has 2 waters on left, with the first one kind of sticking into the fairway a bit.

hit a hot drive, low and pulled, but hot. It skipped 3 times and skipped up onto a strip of grass between the lakes. So I had 163 to a front pin. Trusted a good 6 iron and landed almost pin high, but it settled about 20’ past. They punched and sanded earlier, not to mention a small puddle from the sprinklers, next to the pin. Threw a put down the left sine and watched it bounce its way into the cup for a birdie.

so, not sure what to call it, like a sandy, but water. So a watery?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Bacon Boyz this morning.  We had 2.25” rain last night so surprised that we were allowed out, cart path only.  
Wasn’t as wet as I thought it would be but no roll and greens were a little slow. Traps we’re a mess, more like mud.  
We picked up a 4th who played from the Tips, another guy who doesn’t know his limitations.  I had a decent day, driver, irons hybrids all OK but putter still not playing nice.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Today is the anniversary of my marriage proposal to my wife (I did it on this day so I could remember it... smart huh?).  So my wife suggested we go the course where I learned to play this stoopid game and walk 18 holes.  It's very flat... in the floodplain of the Yakima River.  We haven't played this course since 2015.  Called for a tee time; pro said anytime after 11am; we got there at 11:20 and got right on... a bad sign for a Friday which is probably the busiest days at our course.

Caught the group in front on Hole #2; waited 10 minutes, and it was like that the entire front 9.  Fortunately, a single walker joined us on #4... more waiting.  As its turns out, there was a mini-tournament for one of the businesses in town ahead of us; only two groups... an 8-some and a 7-some!!  😱  

IMG_1551.jpeg.3a8fddee3c0b06a45889c4b55673b55d.jpeg

Believe it or not, this group is on the tee box.  Looks pretty rough, huh?  The greens were worse.  It has always been a crappy course, but cheap which is why I kept playing this stoopid game 30 years ago.  😂  However, it was never this bad.  Like I said, I haven't played this course in 7 years; might be another 20 years before I go back... I'm 74.

We walked in to the parking lot from the #15 green after 4 hours and 10 minutes.  Don't know my score, but I did hit some monster drives on the rock hard "fairways"; they just bounced in funny directions.  I also had some monster approach shots with short irons; couldn't land balls on the green, had to land them in front of the greens and some still went off the back... and the greens were running maybe 7 on the Stimp!!

Oh well, something to do on our "anniversary".

Happy Proposal Anniversary!

Rick

Left Hand, 

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Today is the anniversary of my marriage proposal to my wife (I did it on this day so I could remember it... smart huh?).  So my wife suggested we go the course where I learned to play this stoopid game and walk 18 holes.  It's very flat... in the floodplain of the Yakima River.  We haven't played this course since 2015.  Called for a tee time; pro said anytime after 11am; we got there at 11:20 and got right on... a bad sign for a Friday which is probably the busiest days at our course.

Caught the group in front on Hole #2; waited 10 minutes, and it was like that the entire front 9.  Fortunately, a single walker joined us on #4... more waiting.  As its turns out, there was a mini-tournament for one of the businesses in town ahead of us; only two groups... an 8-some and a 7-some!!  😱  

IMG_1551.jpeg.3a8fddee3c0b06a45889c4b55673b55d.jpeg

Believe it or not, this group is on the tee box.  Looks pretty rough, huh?  The greens were worse.  It has always been a crappy course, but cheap which is why I kept playing this stoopid game 30 years ago.  😂  However, it was never this bad.  Like I said, I haven't played this course in 7 years; might be another 20 years before I go back... I'm 74.

We walked in to the parking lot from the #15 green after 4 hours and 10 minutes.  Don't know my score, but I did hit some monster drives on the rock hard "fairways"; they just bounced in funny directions.  I also had some monster approach shots with short irons; couldn't land balls on the green, had to land them in front of the greens and some still went off the back... and the greens were running maybe 7 on the Stimp!!

Oh well, something to do on our "anniversary".

Happy proposal anniversary! I think it was cool for you two to celebrate the occasion by going back to where it took place and get a round in, even if the conditions were less than superb. It's a nice memory to make. 

15 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Happy proposal anniversary! I think it was cool for you two to celebrate the occasion by going back to where it took place and get a round in, even if the conditions were less than superb. It's a nice memory to make. 

It certainly makes me appreciate the muni we play at now.  Yes, I am putting up with plugging the fairways, greens and tee boxes  right now, but I know that in a very short time, the course will look and play pretty nice.

I seriously doubt that my old course has been aerated in many years.  Many times I was hitting off dirt in the middle of the fairway because there wasn't even a patch of grass to put the ball on.  It's also flood season... spring runoff from snow in the Cascade mountains.  That course floods every spring; sometimes pretty bad like 6 years ago...  Here is #18 green looking out from the clubhouse.  BTW, the green looks better than it does now!!

IMG_0400.jpeg.45b87cda8f1a219c2156d786e09c5931.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

New swing still helping, and had a few really nice shots with it. Shot a 78, with 2 doubles, gah!

7th hole has 2 waters on left, with the first one kind of sticking into the fairway a bit.

hit a hot drive, low and pulled, but hot. It skipped 3 times and skipped up onto a strip of grass between the lakes. So I had 163 to a front pin. Trusted a good 6 iron and landed almost pin high, but it settled about 20’ past. They punched and sanded earlier, not to mention a small puddle from the sprinklers, next to the pin. Threw a put down the left sine and watched it bounce its way into the cup for a birdie.

so, not sure what to call it, like a sandy, but water. So a watery?

A birdie on water and sand is a seagull? 🤷🏻‍♂️

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

7 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

A birdie on water and sand is a seagull? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hmmm, I know…!

a Seahawk! Haha

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Been a wild one weatherwise lately.  Son and I decided to head out and play 18 at River Heights on Friday before work.  Temps in the upper 30s to start and didn't warm up a ton.  

We both had new 3 woods we were itching to try.  I've got a new to me Tour Edge exotics and he has a brand new Stealth. (Ahh, to be young with no bills to pay, lol)

More of the same for me...long clubs are playing decent, short chips are good, irons and wedges are less good.  Left hand low putting is getting better; two one-putts in the first three holes.  The second one-putt "saved" a 9 on a par 4 after hitting trees on four shots.

Shotscope died during the back nine but I shot 52 on the front with a couple pars.  On the last par five second shot, we switched clubs, dropped a few balls, and swung away.  We both like our new woods, but wow is that Stealth nice!  Nicest sounding club I've heard in my admittedly short golf experience.

Have a round booked tomorrow but it's snowing today... we'll see.

595143.jpg.2fbe5bc2f647b69ac3fac58ebd333144.jpg

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

24 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

My wife and I were joined by a very nice 20-something with a wonderful golf swing; transplant from Colorado with Taylormade bag, Sim2 driver and 3w and P770 irons.  To watch him hit the ball was amazing.  Closest thing to tour level I've seen around here.  Driver was 300+ and straight, flew the ball onto our 280y par 4 #14 risk/reward hole with 3W.  He was sticking iron shots near the flag all day, but he only made 2 birdies because the greens were punched on Sun/Mon.  He did say that he has had 8 birdies in a round... but shot 71.  🤣  Oh yeah... he's a 2 HCP and has been playing golf for only 2 years!  😱  Just not fair... Meanwhile, I shot 85 with 2 doubles; 46/39 which wasn't all that bad after shoveling landscape rock all week.

Always fun watching someone with those skills playing well;  makes me envious of how consistent their shots are. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Played 9 with my 4 year old daughter today, just a great day to get out and hang with her. Played the cheapest course around, but shot 41 which I was happy with. Hit driver great, really only hit one bad drive, rest pretty much were great with a small draw and long. Greens were terrible but I was able to make one long putt to save par and make a couple of others as well. Happy overall and a great time with my daughter! 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

51 minutes ago, Ethan21 said:

I think I may have played with him last year at Columbia Point and he shot 2 under. 

I haven't been on much here or playing much golf lately, my grandpa (the person who got me into golf when I was young) passed away a few months ago and I just couldn't bring myself to do anything with golf. I have since been able to push forward and I am back lurking these forums. I was able to get out and golf today for the first time in months and I felt... ok. Definately have some work to do at the driving range but nothing I can't fix. I had fun and that is what I needed.

Sorry to hear about your grandpa.  I know the feeling; my dad passed away last May at age 90, but he's been in rough shape since his stroke in 2015.  Being isolated for a year in his assisted living facility in Oregon during COVID didn't help one bit!

Hope you can get out for a little golf, especially now that it's warming up.  We all need a diversion from time to time from the daily grind.  And remember... your grandpa would not want you to give up the activity that he obviously loved so much.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

48 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Sorry to hear about your grandpa.  I know the feeling; my dad passed away last May at age 90, but he's been in rough shape since his stroke in 2015.  Being isolated for a year in his assisted living facility in Oregon during COVID didn't help one bit!

Hope you can get out for a little golf, especially now that it's warming up.  We all need a diversion from time to time from the daily grind.  And remember... your grandpa would not want you to give up the activity that he obviously loved so much.

Thank you, sorry to hear about your dad. I will definately be playing more.

• Driver: Taylormade Stealth 9* 
  • Woods: Cobra LTDx 14.5*
  • Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 3 Hybrid
  • Irons: Taylormade P770 4-PW
  • Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 60* and 56*, SM8 50*
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select 1.5

On 4/1/2022 at 10:50 PM, Kenny B said:

Today is the anniversary of my marriage proposal to my wife (I did it on this day so I could remember it... smart huh?).  ......

Wait a minute..... Is this really a thing I am supposed to remember??  Did Hallmark invent this "anniversary" to sell more cards ??  I thought I was doing well remembering the actual wedding anniversary from year to year!  😲

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

2 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Wait a minute..... Is this really a thing I am supposed to remember??  Did Hallmark invent this "anniversary" to sell more cards ??  I thought I was doing well remembering the actual wedding anniversary from year to year!  😲

You remember wedding date!!!  I remember the month then look at calendar where SWMBO has it written in.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I remember our actual wedding anniversary; my wife has to ask me when it is.  She doesn't even know the year we got married (guess it just wasn't important enough 😂).   She knows it's coming up because my proposal date is April 1 and she never forgets that.  🤣   BTW, after I proposed on April 1... on April 2 she asked if I meant it.  

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I remember our actual wedding anniversary; my wife has to ask me when it is.  She doesn't even know the year we got married (guess it just wasn't important enough 😂).   She knows it's coming up because my proposal date is April 1 and she never forgets that.  🤣   BTW, after I proposed on April 1... on April 2 she asked if I meant it.  

Apparently you did!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I guess that was my out if I wanted it!!

It's to your advantage to keep them guessing!!  👍

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

It's to your advantage to keep them guessing!!  👍

Dunno, they seem to be smarter than men.😱

Rick

Left Hand,