TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Finally halfway decent weather today.  58 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze. I actually was able to play all 18 and not bail on weather issues. I'm still a little rusty but got around the course well. Three birdies and two bogies. This was the first time I birdied all three par fives. I was pretty happy about that. Our par 5's are tricky with lefts, rights, and up and downs. Sometimes on the same hole.

Finally got to give the new driver a good test. Let's put it this way. I'll be changing my signature in a few minutes. Titleist TSi1 at 10 degrees with the lightweight shaft in stiff flex. Hitting some bombs leaving me short irons into greens. Most shots were dead center fairway. Took me a little bit to get used to it. I had to lower my tee a little bit. The feel and sound are different than my G400 but the results speak for themselves. 

Another positive for today was I had 29 putts. By shooting a 70 meant I missed a few greens but chipped close for a 1 putt. All in all a good start to the season. If the dormant grass would only turn green! 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Finally found a clearing in the poor weather on Friday after work and I was able to get 9 in. I definitely cannot complain, started off this season right where I finished last season. Driver was my pain last season but, my first swing this season went straight down the fairway. No complaints.

New Titleist TS2 3 wood was the club that I could not wait to try out. Ended up teeing off on my fourth and fifth holes with it and was loving what I was seeing. Just a slight fade but other wise low and fast. I was also able to get it out once for a shot out of the dormant rough on a par 5 with the ball flight there being low, fast, and straight as an arrow. I think that it’s safe to say that we will get along just fine.

My green reading needed a little help but it was not bad for having not been on one since the middle of November. Only one three putt in the 9 holes and a couple of one putts. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

19 hours ago, Ethan21 said:

I think I may have played with him last year at Columbia Point and he shot 2 under. 

I haven't been on much here or playing much golf lately, my grandpa (the person who got me into golf when I was young) passed away a few months ago and I just couldn't bring myself to do anything with golf. I have since been able to push forward and I am back lurking these forums. I was able to get out and golf today for the first time in months and I felt... ok. Definately have some work to do at the driving range but nothing I can't fix. I had fun and that is what I needed.

I'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather and agree with @Kenny B that he'd probably want you to be out there playing the game he loved and introduced you to. It's good to be out and you'll have the positive memories you made with him to last a lifetime. 

Played today at my club for the third time in four days and had a few realizations. I really just can never play steel shafts again. I tired going back to my PXGs and my elbow hates me for it. Second revelation is I am stuck with the long putter. I just simply do not putt well enough with a short putter for my index to try. That being said I played 9 today in 40 mph winds on one of the hardest courses in the country at a few over and it was learning for me. Hopefully windy season in VA ends soon. 

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Wound up with roughly an inch of snow yesterday so the course we were going to play cancelled all bookings for the day.  Both playing partners bowed out so my son and I walked River Heights again.  Got there about 1230 and it was low 40s and sunny so all the snow had melted.  Weather kept getting nicer and wound up as a really good day.

Course was actually a little busy so we skipped around and played match play rather than keep score.  According to ShotScope I shot 87 over 15 holes and he was 1 up when we called it a day.  

Kept shooting up and topping balls all day.  I continue pulling irons to the left.  Really pleased with my short game, though.  Only one bunker shot and it was one of my better strikes.  Chipping around the green has become my strength.  Used a different putter and the heavier head lead to smoother putts.  

We got to break out the birdie juice and afterwards I got two new clubs from goodwill across the street from the course.  All in all...

251.jpg.8a7a06a5b807dd00a8f82c0bc550ac3c.jpg

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm very sorry to hear about your grandfather and agree with @Kenny B that he'd probably want you to be out there playing the game he loved and introduced you to. It's good to be out and you'll have the positive memories you made with him to last a lifetime. 

Thank you and I definately will be out there more, I just had to have a little break for a bit but back at it and having fun!

• Driver: Taylormade Stealth 9* 
  • Woods: Cobra LTDx 14.5*
  • Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 3 Hybrid
  • Irons: Taylormade P770 4-PW
  • Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 60* and 56*, SM8 50*
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select 1.5

9 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Wound up with roughly an inch of snow yesterday so the course we were going to play cancelled all bookings for the day.  Both playing partners bowed out so my son and I walked River Heights again.  Got there about 1230 and it was low 40s and sunny so all the snow had melted.  Weather kept getting nicer and wound up as a really good day.

Course was actually a little busy so we skipped around and played match play rather than keep score.  According to ShotScope I shot 87 over 15 holes and he was 1 up when we called it a day.  

Kept shooting up and topping balls all day.  I continue pulling irons to the left.  Really pleased with my short game, though.  Only one bunker shot and it was one of my better strikes.  Chipping around the green has become my strength.  Used a different putter and the heavier head lead to smoother putts.  

We got to break out the birdie juice and afterwards I got two new clubs from goodwill across the street from the course.  All in all...

I'm glad to hear you had a good day out on the course, there's not much better than sharing the day with your son on the course. What clubs did you pick up at goodwill? 

Played very poorly today, wasn't hitting my irons very well. But probably putting added the most strokes. Greens were punched mid-week and they were super sandy today. It was almost to the point where you had to take a small swing with the putter to get the ball to the hole on long putts. My brain couldn't adjust to it, almost like it didn't want to adjust to it, because normally our greens are pretty fast. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Third round of pennant, missed round 2 as I was away, but scraped back into the team when someone pulled out.  Playing at Winchelsea Golf Club, a very rough 9 hole course with patchy fairways and bermuda greens that are extremely grainy. It's a course I only play if I have to.  My opponent was a 12 year old, which probably got in my head a little.

Drove the ball appallingly, didn't hit a fairway on the front 9. Also missed a couple of short putts that I would rarely miss. Turned 2 down and really had to improve. Really didn't want to lose to a little kid.  Played much more solidly, won 4 of the next 7 and didn't really look like losing a hole until the 17th, but a very good lob wedge from 20 yards from a tight lie left me a 2 foot putt to close out the match 2 and 1.  Relieved to get away with the win. The team needed it, as we scraped through 4 to 3. Team is undefeated after 3 rounds.  Also relieved that I won't have to play there again for at least another year😅

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm glad to hear you had a good day out on the course, there's not much better than sharing the day with your son on the course. What clubs did you pick up at goodwill? 

Got a Tour Edge Bazooka Tungsten Beta Ti 22° 7 wood that has a really nice Golf Pride Tour Wrap grip.  I like the idea of toying with a 7 wood and while I know nothing about grips, this one feels amazingly soft and tacky.

The other is an old Nike Slingshot 4 iron that I'm pretty excited to mess with.16490394881801657517921986917151.jpg.9b6e7742aabd2d8f1b5a8337b3bde880.jpg

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

2 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Thursday…..97….ugh(Plantation Palms)

Saturday …..97….ugh(The Claw)

Sunday…..91…🙂🙂🙂🙂(Plantation Palms) had one birdie.

shoulder feeling much better.

... Haha I thought you were "ugh'ing" at the temps being 97 and 97 and  91 which ain't so bad. Then I read you only had one birdie. 🤪  Glad to hear the shoulder is better!

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Well, Friday was not so good all round. All of our 4-ball played pretty badly and none of us got past 30 points.

A few shots to make it all worthwhile though, mainly with the driver this time:

2nd - 290y uphill, middle of the fairway

7th - 240y 3 wood (after a duffed tee shot) to 12 feet. 

9th -320y drive, just off the fairway

10th - 280y uphill ("you won't get past the bunker") - past the bunker in the fairway

14th - 355y drive (3 yards short of the ditch across the middle of the fairway)

16th - 320y drive that faded perfectly around the corner into the middle. 

18th - Needed a 5 to win, put my drive OB 🤬🤬

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

6 hours ago, JerryB said:

Got a Tour Edge Bazooka Tungsten Beta Ti 22° 7 wood that has a really nice Golf Pride Tour Wrap grip.  I like the idea of toying with a 7 wood and while I know nothing about grips, this one feels amazingly soft and tacky.

The other is an old Nike Slingshot 4 iron that I'm pretty excited to mess with.16490394881801657517921986917151.jpg.9b6e7742aabd2d8f1b5a8337b3bde880.jpg

Nice! Those are some pretty good finds at Goodwill. The thought of a 7 wood is intriguing and that Slingshot looks fairly forgiving for a 4 iron. Have fun with them!

19 minutes ago, Rickp said:

9th hole 130yards Tee shot hit a couple yards right of pin then spun back hit the pin but would not drop!!  Easy Birdie.

So close!!!!!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

So close!!!!!

And yet so far...

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

73 on Saturday.

14 greens.

34 putts.

Guess where I will be practicing this week.

Missed putts for birdie 8,9,3,12,8,9,11,9.

Fun to hit the ball like that, just on the wrong side of variance on the greens. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Cold wet and windy.  The people in the clubhouse thought we were nuts.  They were right; we bailed after three holes.  +6 over three holes which included a birdie!

Was this close to holing for eagle:

Screenshot_20220404-134133-523.png.691a2b7f8c302162e41c829c7ae5e6a5.pngIMG_20220404_101604350.jpg.f368953b0c0ac3b1f10dd4c560b1da13.jpg

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Not nuts, possibly overly zealous👍 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 4/3/2022 at 7:25 PM, JerryB said:

Hope you didn't mess around and get a triple / double 🙂

:ping-small: Driver - 410 LST - 10.5 Degree - Stiff

:titelist-small: Tsi2 3 and 4 Hybrids - Fujikura Ventus 8S

:Sub70: 639 CB 5-7 - Nippon Modus Tour 120 Steel

:Sub70: 639 MB 8-PW - Nippon Modus Tour 120 Steel

:cleveland-small: RTX 3 Wedges - 50, 54, 58

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne Putter

:wilson-small: Duo Professional Ball

Got out for 9 this morning. I played the back nine. It was much wetter than the front nine last week and a bit colder as well, 42°. It took a couple of holes to warm up and my driving continues to go well. I’m spending more time in the fairway and usually in the left half which is a part of the course I’m unfamiliar with. 😂 Last year I was normally in the trees on the right. It was also a round to experiment with a possible 3 hybrid replacement. But the 3HL turned up to 19° was more offline and of comparable distance to my 3 hybrid. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Shot a nice round today, had lots a good bounces too!

go Tiger!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Played 9 last night. The course is still pretty sloppy after all the rain and snow we've had so far this spring. Drove the ball OK, but had tree trouble twice. I think I made decent decisions to recover in both cases, but execution was awful leading to a triple and a double on those two holes. I was +2 on the remaining 7 holes and hit my irons really well. Arccos doesn't necessarily reflect that because I pulled the wrong club twice 🤦‍♂️. I'm looking forward to things hopefully drying out soon so we can start getting some roll.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

On 4/4/2022 at 8:35 AM, Rickp said:

9th hole 130yards Tee shot hit a couple yards right of pin then spun back hit the pin but would not drop!!

An entry for the "Still Aceless" thread... did you remember to take a picture?  I don't see a "Hole in One" badge on your profile, so I presume you are still elidable? 🙂

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 3/31/2022 at 6:50 PM, Rickp said:

Week wrap up.  
Early Monday 9, 60* and cloudy. Greens were horrendous!  Driver, hybrids irons working great but putting was a challenge. Plus 5.

Tuesday 9 in dense Fog!!  Not sure why they let us out, never could see the green let alone the flag.  Greens when we found them were in great shape.  It’s a good thing it’s a course we play often!  Now this is when I hit the green close to the pin and get 2 birdies by never seeing the green.  Plus 3!  
Wednesday Big Boy 9 perfect conditions and course great shape.  Everything working except putter again.  Driver/irons especially working good which has me reconsidering ordering PXG driver& irons.  Maybe after my new knee this summer getting fitted for irons may be way to go.  

DM me. If you decide you do.

I might have a LH set of Gen 3 0311XPs Senior flex available. 😉

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

9 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

DM me. If you decide you do.

I might have a LH set of Gen 3 0311XPs Senior flex available. 😉