TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

5 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

Your welcome, a white one would have been in the water.

... There you go again... sigh. The correct term is "neutral colored" ball. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Friday Bacon Boyz, I played well but not a good morning.  We have a guy who had moved to another city and has returned.  He is not a crowd favorite.  
He started again on Politics and according to him is just one of his many subjects that he knows all.  I had him in our 4some and it wasn’t fun he just takes over every conversation.  Not to drag this out but 2 weeks ago I told him to cool it with the political 💩.  Obviously he didn’t hear me.  He may be looking for a new group but not my call.  This was my last time in same group as him.

You may need to remind him that he is in Florida. Political Subject Closed! 😁

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

4 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

You may need to remind him that he is in Florida. Political Subject Closed! 😁

I showed great restraint and patience that I really don’t have.😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

16 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I showed great restraint and patience that I really don’t have.😁

... One of the great things about being a hippie in the late 60's and early 70's was unless we were protesting, everyone just kept their politics to themselves. Always comments about "long hair" but never politics. Nothing worse than someone bringing up politics on a golf course. 🙄

2 hours ago, edingc said:

Got out with @ncwoz at the short muni to open my season, finally. Weather was not particularly nice. Mid-to-upper 30s, mostly cloudy, 15 MPH winds with 25 MPH gusts. Some snow at times... 🥶

Par 65, shot a 79 for a +14. Looked back and in perfect conditions last summer I shot 77. So not bad at all. The course has several par 3s that are long. Two are 220+ yards, and both played directly into the wind today. 

Hit driver and hybrid well, irons were touch-and-go, putter wasn't too bad. Short game killed me as I didn't have a ton of touch, which is to be expected, plus the wind made everything an adventure.

Lots of good to take away from the round and am excited for better weather to get here.

Totally agree! Even though the scores weren't barn burners, I feel like we played really solid given the conditions. Just another reason to look forward to warmer weather 😉

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

23 minutes ago, chisag said:

... One of the great things about being a hippie in the late 60's and early 70's was unless we were protesting, everyone just kept their politics to themselves. Always comments about "long hair" but never politics. Nothing worse than someone bringing up politics on a golf course. 🙄

I had great hair in 1966 until “Uncle Sam” decided it should be shorter, a lot shorter😜 

Rick

Left Hand, 

My son talked me into playing Sycamore Golf Club late in the afternoon today; 4pm tee time, 50ish but breezy.  Once again we played like trash.  We called it at the turn; I scored a +20 56 and he didn't keep score but likely was similar.

Nearly every hole at Sycamore is a straight par 4.  Well maintained but also, well... boring.  The rough is always extra shaggy so it's actually a bit of a penalty to miss the fairway, which we did pretty often.

On a positive note, Owen pointed out my issue with my irons; I'm basically just rotating and not using my arms at all.  Just the opposite of last year where I was all arms and little rotation.  My last two iron shots were much better as a result.  I wish I could be as observant as he is.

Next decent day looks to be next Saturday but I'm sure we'll get a round or two in before then, ha!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

18 hours ago, Yellow Ball said:

You played the Windmill! Did the 18th hole have a clowns mouth too. 34 putts for mini golf is a little high. 🤣

It did, in fact. It was a picture of your face...

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

15 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Went to the CountryClub for Easter buffet. Well it was a beautiful day and I just so happened to have my golf clothes and clubs in the car. We had two cars there so after the buffet I said boywhat a great day for golf. I got the look but eventually I wore the wife down.  She said fine we will see you later. 

The breeze I imparted in the room was enough to fly a few napkins off the tables as I headed out the door. Course was wide open. Finially no wind and sunshine. Shorts and a golf shirt made for some easy swinging and was hitting greens in regulation instead of coming up short.

Two birds and a bogey on the front and one bird and two bogies on the back for a 71 which is par for the course. Everything is starting to come together and feeling good again. Even the chipping is back in tune.  I birdied the number 1 handicap hole which is a rarity. 

Just to add icing on the cake.. I can see a hint of green trying to come out in the fairways. 

Good shooting 👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

41 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Went to the CountryClub for Easter buffet. Well it was a beautiful day and I just so happened to have my golf clothes and clubs in the car. We had two cars there so after the buffet I said boywhat a great day for golf. I got the look but eventually I wore the wife down.  She said fine we will see you later. 

The breeze I imparted in the room was enough to fly a few napkins off the tables as I headed out the door. Course was wide open. Finially no wind and sunshine. Shorts and a golf shirt made for some easy swinging and was hitting greens in regulation instead of coming up short.

Two birds and a bogey on the front and one bird and two bogies on the back for a 71 which is par for the course. Everything is starting to come together and feeling good again. Even the chipping is back in tune.  I birdied the number 1 handicap hole which is a rarity. 

Just to add icing on the cake.. I can see a hint of green trying to come out in the fairways. 

I think it was a complete coincidence you had your clubs in the car and it sounds like it worked out good for you. I'm glad you were able to get out and it's good to hear its starting to green up. Great shooting, Tom!

2 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I think it was a complete coincidence you had your clubs in the car and it sounds like it worked out good for you. I'm glad you were able to get out and it's good to hear its starting to green up. Great shooting, Tom!

Yes it was a complete coincidence that I put a pair of shorts, golf socks, golf shoes, hat, and clubs in the car without being seen before heading over to the club. 😃

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I’ve had about 2 weeks of bad play, these swing changes are really taking a toll on course. This weekend frustration took over. I just gave up and tried going back to old swing feels, and that surely did not help. After a couple glasses of vino, I realized this is just part of the process. I am gonna take the bad, and focus my practice this week around that and record more of my swings during practice and review them. Back to the grind tomorrow. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

I've been having muscle spasms in my back for awhile; mostly getting out of bed in the morning... figured it was my new pain for the year.  So, today my wife and I played with the other couple we are playing with at a charity scramble at the end of the month.  

We played a scramble again like we did last weekend; used 4 drives from each of us.  We did much better today with 8 birdies, but we also had 2 bogeys (mostly due to the still-punched holes in the greens).  I had a couple of poor shots into greens that hurt my back, but other than those I felt pretty good.  I did mishit my tee shot on the par 3 #15 to 4 inches for a tap-in.  🤣

I was the putting anchor; my speed was dead on today, but some putts didn't break like normal because of the punch holes (generally the holes tend to take some break out).  

I also think I've found a replacement for my 2H for long shots... Callaway Epic Max Heavenwood.  I've never hit a FW so consistently well... straight... and I can even draw it very easily.  I have 29 more days from CPO to see if it's just a "honeymoon effect".

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

39 minutes ago, cjeffs12 said:

I’ve had about 2 weeks of bad play, these swing changes are really taking a toll on course. This weekend frustration took over. I just gave up and tried going back to old swing feels, and that surely did not help. After a couple glasses of vino, I realized this is just part of the process. I am gonna take the bad, and focus my practice this week around that and record more of my swings during practice and review them. Back to the grind tomorrow. 

Don't get frustrated with on course play when you are making swing changes.  They take time and should only be the focus during practice.  Unless you are playing a practice round, you should just go out and play without swing thoughts.  Focus only on the target.  When your swing changes begin to become your new normal, then you will see on course improvements.  Good luck!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Don't get frustrated with on course play when you are making swing changes.  They take time and should only be the focus during practice.  Unless you are playing a practice round, you should just go out and play without swing thoughts.  Focus only on the target.  When your swing changes begin to become your new normal, then you will see on course improvements.  Good luck!!

I appreciate it, yeah I had way too many swing thoughts. The target was almost an afterthought. I have been a mess. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

1 hour ago, JerryB said:

(sighs). C'mon man... 😠

IMG_20220418_082435511_HDR.jpg.2a867ecc95c2e1b1f5fb3dc4b8f10a18.jpg

Exactly why I moved to Phoenix:

Mon 25

96°/62°
Sunny
0%
S 8 mph

Tue 26

98°/64°
Sunny
0%
SSW 10 mph

1 hour ago, MrBandit said:

Played tournament this past Saturday, and for the first time in a long time I had everything working, Driving was consistent, Irons were really good, chipping and putting continue to be the backbone of my game. Putting was as good as expected with the greens full of Poa Anna..so it was putt and prey .. had some putts that it would just jump off line as the very end.. Frustrating, but everyone had to deal with it, so it was who can survive it the best.

The unfortunate thing that happen in this round was coming out the bunker on #2 after hitting a great bunker shot.
As I was stepping out of the bunker, I heard a pop on the bottom of my foot (per webmed Plantar Fascia Rupture)  So I had to hobble the rest of the round, good thing it was on my right foot , it think if it would have been my left I would have to withdraw.

Trying to get an appointment today to confirm. Could be some very minimal golf for the next few weeks if not months.

image.png.755462f176fa03b6f5fe391b8468c2fc.png 

Hope it's not serious.

16 minutes ago, chisag said:

Exactly why I m over to Phoenix:

Mon 25

96°/62°
Sunny
0%
S 8 mph

Tue 26

98°/64°
Sunny
0%
SSW 10 mph

Never really occurred to me before but do people play midday in your area?

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

1 hour ago, JerryB said:

Never really occurred to me before but do people play midday in your area?

... Sure! Up to about 105*. And when it gets above 100* I use a cart because I need the breeze and I can find some shade. I always play twilite regardless of temps but many play early in the summer here when temps are 105-117*. Seems crazy to me to start playing in "cooler" temps then finish in extreme heat. I would rather start in extreme heat and finish as the sun sets and it "cools" off. While the temps drop from say 111* to 106* when the sun disappears it feels like 20* cooler. And as everyone knows ... it's a dry heat.  🥵

... But I am about to do a mini version of winter layoff as I am leaving for Brooklyn to shoot some Humana commercials and an infomercial and won't be back til Saturday. Most I have taken off in 1.5 years since moving here is 2 days and I didn't play this weekend making it an 8 day layoff!  I know some Northeners would tar and feather me for just missing 8 days only but for me that is a long time. 🤪

55 minutes ago, chisag said:

shoot some Humana commercials and an infomercial

Hopefully this won't involve getting bowled over by a Tupperware avalanche

Tupperware Avalanche GIF | Gfycat

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3