TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played nine at River Heights yesterday evening with Owen and our buddy from work.  It was...interesting.  Very gusty to start.  Buddy spent ten minutes digging around for his ball on one hole, then got his cart (and eventually himself) stuck in the mud on another! 

I had two pars, two blow-up holes, and only one 3 putt on my way to a +12 48.  Promising round.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

On 4/21/2022 at 9:02 PM, Kenny B said:

For our anniversary my wife and I went to Walla Walla Washington to play Wine Valley GC.  Wine Valley has been a US Open local qualifying course and hosted the 2021 Northwest Open.  We usually play here once or twice a year.

Last night it rained hard and the course was a little wet; not bad, but some puddles in bunkers (which you really don't want to be in anyway).  It was partly cloudy and 50º with wind 10-15mph... nothing to stop the wind on this course!!!

I shot 84 which is really good for me on this course... 42/42 that included doubles on #8 and #9.  Serious slopes on the greens and greens are very quick downslope and not so much upslope, so difficult to read the break.  It also was very difficult to tell where the green ended and where the fringe and fairway started.  I could putt from 25yards off the green and it was like putting on the greens at my home course!!  Surprisingly, it was very easy for me to pitch ball off these very tight lies with my 60º/12º bounce wedge.  The honey bees were out in force with the alfalfa fields nearby.  I had a bee on every ball when I arrived at it in the fairway.  My wife got stung on #7... yeah that probably caused my doubles on 8 and 9! 😂 

Some pics for you to ponder...

The putting green

IMG_1556.jpeg.73c26fa6104cc45feacc0c424199ddeb.jpeg

IMG_1558.jpeg.19ec7d53bf8cc2273326cf807b7d2ff4.jpeg

Our drives on the par 5 #5... my wife plays Yellow!

IMG_1559.jpeg.379fa014467f5b429453130324d72d38.jpeg

IMG_1560.jpeg.3ca69ca8979a0caf37db913987f92bf1.jpeg

My wife teeing off on the par 3 #14 after I hit the flagstick... ball bounced 12 feet right.  🙄  Thought I had an ace!  Yeah, missed the putt.

IMG_1561.jpeg.e86fcda4a23c5dc7321f9e78cd38ff77.jpeg

Par 4 #17 Very tough green

IMG_1563.jpeg.90f82e57ff79cc2802ed05185fa71c46.jpeg

Par 5 #18

IMG_1564.jpeg.3437b3dbc73c20281140f2257979c7f2.jpeg

This is one of the courses in the 2022 PNW MGS Golf Outing if anyone is interested in joining us June 23-26, 2022 in the Tri-Cities area of Washington.

IMG_1562.jpeg

That's a beautiful course @Kenny B and a great way to get to celebrate your anniversary. I had to look up their website after you posting your pictures and I can see why you said that you don't want to be in the bunkers, they look like they're nasty to get out of. I'm glad you and your wife had a good time and great scoring with the 84.

Had a better day today, but just couldn’t hit it close enough to score, which made for a lot of putts. I had a goal of breaking 90 from the tips, and I did. I’m so close to having my driving range swing on the course, but I’m happy with my progress. 

Score 86

FIR 8/14

GIR 6/18

PUTTS 37

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

6 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Well............. Let's just say I'm still seething over this round. We teed off at 8:10 this morning. There are no tee times being taken at this point in the year. We were 4 groups deep on the first tee.. It took 2.5 hours to play the front 9. I shot 43 with 3 birdies. We waited 20+ minutes to tee off on the back 9.

There was a 4some that was not in front of us on the front teeing off on the back... WTF!?

They took 2 to 3 extra shots each, and gathered like lost puppies to each shot in the group. I was absolutely livid p*ssed after 30 minutes had passed and we were only 3 holes in on the back 9. They would not let us play through. I wanted to leave, but my brother wouldn't hear of it. This ended up being an almost 6 hour round.I shot 43 on the back also. This is the kind of s**t that makes me want to quit playing. I'm still p*ssed off if you can't tell.

It's impossible to play well when you want kill people!

Actually 43/43 with all that going on not that awful.  Give it a couple weeks when Tee Times resume and play gets back to normal.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

36 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Well............. Let's just say I'm still seething over this round. We teed off at 8:10 this morning. There are no tee times being taken at this point in the year. We were 4 groups deep on the first tee.. It took 2.5 hours to play the front 9. I shot 43 with 3 birdies. We waited 20+ minutes to tee off on the back 9.

There was a 4some that was not in front of us on the front teeing off on the back... WTF!?

They took 2 to 3 extra shots each, and gathered like lost puppies to each shot in the group. I was absolutely livid p*ssed after 30 minutes had passed and we were only 3 holes in on the back 9. They would not let us play through. I wanted to leave, but my brother wouldn't hear of it. This ended up being an almost 6 hour round.I shot 43 on the back also. This is the kind of s**t that makes me want to quit playing. I'm still p*ssed off if you can't tell.

It's impossible to play well when you want kill people!

... My personal philosophy is there are basically 2 kinds of people in the world. Considerate and Inconsiderate. Lots of sub categories that fall into each. I have been paired up with considerate slow players that know they are slow, try to keep up but just have a hard time doing so and they feel bad about it fully aware of those behind us. I have also been paired up with slow players that not only have no idea they are slow, they just could not care less and are completely unaware there is anybody else on the course. When confronted, they look back like it is an absolutely new discovery there are other people on the course but a shrug and a few excuses like "we will catch up" or "lost a few balls that slowed us down" or no comment at all and back to their selfish slow play.

... You can talk to and even reason with considerate people but inconsiderate people really just don't care about anyone other than theirownselves. Sadly you were behind them and that can really suck. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Yesterday I shot 82 from the Blue tees; today I played the White (senior) tees and shoot 83.  Go figure.  

I had a much worse ball striking day today and couldn't find the line for putts.  I did have a birdie on the par 5 #13 hole after stuffing a 9i.  However, my shot of the day came on the par 5 #18... my nemesis hole!  After a decent drive I tried to play a layup shot that was straight or slight draw, and I pushed it... into the bunker that runs along the right side of the fairway all the way to the green.  What a nice layup!! {sarcasm}  I hit my 3rd shot from 68 yards, all carry over sand to 12 feet... made par.  This is my first ever long bunker shot approach to reach a green... ever!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Day two of our Guys and Dolls tournament and our team clawed its way from DFL.  I had an OB and water ball to shoot an 83.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

3 hours ago, DStar said:

They finished 15 and I teed off, hit it to 6' whilst they watched. They then proceeded to follow each other to their balls to play...I lost the will to live and my flow evaporated. Doubled 16 and waited around a lot..Teed off on 17, waited some more then thought 'f*** it' and walked in. They apologised for holding me up in the car park and, when I asked why they didn't let me through, said they didn't think they had to let single players through 🤬

I feel ya brother! They didn't let you play through because they didn't thing they had to??? These are the people that Chisag was talking about up thread... inconsiderate... and don't care.

Walked after taking 3 hours to play the front 9. I wasn't going to play the back at the same or worse pace.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Took 4:40 to play yesterday afternoon. CPO, fairways as long as rough, and shag carpet greens. At least I walked, but we waited on every tee on the front 9, the group in front dropped out and we moved at a more normal pace on the back. Probably lost 5 balls to plugs and tall grass, but I don't keep score in these conditions. I know I had 3 birdies on the front - 2 short par 4s where I stuck a wedge inside 5 feet, and a par 3 I made a 12-footer. I also know I didn't have a legit par till #10 lol. Driver was pretty good most of the day, irons were very good, chipping came back, and putting was meh on incredibly slow greens. Most importantly I didn't get impatient and kept my head in the game the whole round. I am liking the start to the season.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

11 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

The disappointing thing about the round, though, was my inability to maintain focus - we'd gotten paired up with a father and son, both very nice but not very good golfers, and our round really sloooowed down ... two separate pairs of golfers came up and asked to play through ... in the first 6 holes..... 🤷‍♂️

If I'm in a foursome and I know that there are two separate pairs of golfers behind me and I'm asked, I tell them to pair up with the twosome behind them.  Depending on who is in the clubhouse, they will put twosomes off rather than pairing them up.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Get out for the second round of the year yesterday. Starting to get things rolling this year. Went 40 on the front with some so so shots, some big pulls with the driver, and just meh in general. Picked things up on the back going 37, found something with the Driver for about 4 holes as seen below, really encouraged to see the distance gains from speed training still there and even this early when it was sub 50 in the morning. Iron game felt better (that is my weakest area according Shot Scope, though looking back at last year not sure if things got updated as last year approach looks much better now all of a sudden), and found the right shaft lean at address to help contact a bit and delivering a bit less loft instead of flipping it a bit. Overall feeling pretty good, and an early year 77 I will take (even if with how 'easy' my home course is this increased my handicap 0.2 to 7.8).

Side note: was this shot stupid, indeed but was it fun also yes

image.png.4d88d9f57306aa5addc4c8f0d82c2b7d.png

image.png.bb455d21354018e8311d9936a585aa5f.png

image.png.81f34512e51939f050f1bf05de4dc6c1.png

image.png.31cbd4292247c130120474fea29c415e.png

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Monday morning Exec 9.  Weather beautiful 65*, 6-8 mph wind and greens were nice.  
Have no clue what I shot as I was fighting driver and long irons, drowned a ball on 1st hole, it didn’t have a crane of survival.  Saying all of that had 2 really nice birdies and clunked a possible 3rd off the pin.  6’ putt, hit the pin dead center and rolled away about a foot.  If we took the pin out it was in.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Well, finally got in 2 rounds this weekend, that were on decent courses.. Been a Very wet spring so far in the Pacific Northwest. Took Grandson with is to play Eastern Washington courses with his Great Grandfather.. we had a great time. Sat greens were plugged and sanded recently but were coming in nicely.. due to that the greens were a little longer than normal and slow, but rolled true. Shot a nice 89, with a few really nice shots including a drive of about 310, a chip that hit the flag and dropped for a kick in birdie.. Sunday was different course, the greens were in very poor shape had several dead spots and some Temp greens as they were having to completely rebuild 3-4 due to tough winter ( course had 6" snow last weekend.) All things considered course itself was in great shape. Shot a 94 on bad greens in the wind.. All in all a great weekend and not to bad for 1st 2 real rounds of the year.. Grandson was awful froggy before we tee'd off on sat, his John Daly approach (hit it as far as he could and go find it then hit it again) does not translate to low scores YET... 15 yrs old can hit the crap out of it just a little inconsistent ( ok a lot inconsistent) , 1st yr of really playing, and has some skill, made HS golf team 1st try and was bumped up to Varsity after 3 weeks.. But still has alot to learn.. Proud Grandpa.. 🙂 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Played 2 tournaments 2 weekend in a row, and came in second both times. The kicker is last week, I played the best I have all year, Driver, Irons, Wedges, Putting all was working. Even with the foot injury. 

This weekend, was the the worse I have played all year, out of no where I got a case of the left. Everything was a a draw or draw pull. I couldn't get out of it, it was so frustrating. Even my putting was horrible, but somehow I was able to squeak out a decent score. The Eagle on #10 was nice surprise.
image.png.1141034a4833edb66dbb86333214b104.png

Stupid golf! 😜

Edited by MrBandit

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

My round yesterday was much better than the previous week.  This was the first week in Central Virginia I did not have to wear several layers.  In fact, toward the end I was too warm!  I made some changes to my Driver.  I installed a mid-size grip and adjusted the loft. I think it helped.  I will keep tabs on it over the next few rounds.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

Hope to get out for 9 this weekend. Using this to say though golf will be different this year for me. Wife and I agreed on only doing 9 hole rounds. This allows me to get a few hours in the morning for myself and her the same in the evenings. Sounds like i can go out every weekend, so ill take that.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Tuesday Exec another beautiful morning 65*, 46 mph winds and sunny.

Holy cow that's windy!!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter