Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

14 hours ago, chisag said:

... Haha pretty true at every level. I am convinced if we had to run up to our ball and hit it within 2 seconds the mental side of the game would almost disappear. I see NBA played that are wide open for a 3 point shot and take extra time, miss it more often than not. But catch and shoot in the rhythm of the game and the make percentage is higher because they aren't thinking, just reacting. In golf if you play the front 9 s well as possible that thought of not playing ell on the back is always there, even when you keep it at bay. Every round is one bad shot away from a disaster. I just can't think of any other sport that is so mentally demanding with all the time in the world to get into your own head.  

This is so true. Back in high school when I was in better shape and a bit silly. I played a round of speed gold in about an hour with 6 clubs or so, and shot the same score as I did played later in the day walking with all my clubs. Golf really is a silly game.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Is it just me or has the rounds/day on this thread been on an all time pace?  The effects of a pandemic combined with a long winter no doubt 😆.  It's great seeing everyone getting out 👍

I am a little surprised we don't have more "close encounter" entries but maybe that's just patina needing to be polished off? 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Saw the below post on IG and noticed how Scottie’s right elbow was a good ways from his body. I always somewhat had the thought of keeping my right elbow closer and pinched into my body. 

3B8D52DA-4BDF-4C77-9AC6-339BEBDF2D52.jpeg.e76762ad3a593636567ada815b80ca05.jpeg

Played 18 yesterday and shot 87 … FIR was 92%. Swung the driver with my right elbow flailing out wide and what a massive difference. 

E8622CF7-A896-4955-B664-6E3B2DA8F485.jpeg.e1b9cad89bf6b2e12a4b0a6d290cec14.jpeg

I’ll admit that it led to over-tinkering with my iron swing while out on the course for a GIR of 22% … but for me, it’s a win. When the driver is in play (as opposed to 3W or hybrid) and it puts you in the fairway, the game is a lot more fun. 😂 

Edited by mikeanthony

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

1 hour ago, mikeanthony said:

Saw the below post on IG and noticed how Scottie’s right elbow was a good ways from his body. I always somewhat had the thought of keeping my right elbow closer and pinched into my body. 

3B8D52DA-4BDF-4C77-9AC6-339BEBDF2D52.jpeg.e76762ad3a593636567ada815b80ca05.jpeg

Played 18 yesterday and shot 87 … FIR was 92%. Swung the driver with my right elbow flailing out wide and what a massive difference. 

E8622CF7-A896-4955-B664-6E3B2DA8F485.jpeg.e1b9cad89bf6b2e12a4b0a6d290cec14.jpeg

I’ll admit that it led to over-tinkering with my iron swing while out on the course for a GIR of 22% … but for me, it’s a win. When the driver is in play (as opposed to 3W or hybrid) and it puts you in the fairway, the game is a lot more fun. 😂 

Jack's elbow was also away from his body at the top of the swing.  It's closer to the body in the downswing as the elbows try to come together.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 hours ago, chisag said:

... Haha pretty true at every level. I am convinced if we had to run up to our ball and hit it within 2 seconds the mental side of the game would almost disappear. I see NBA played that are wide open for a 3 point shot and take extra time, miss it more often than not. But catch and shoot in the rhythm of the game and the make percentage is higher because they aren't thinking, just reacting. In golf if you play the front 9 s well as possible that thought of not playing ell on the back is always there, even when you keep it at bay. Every round is one bad shot away from a disaster. I just can't think of any other sport that is so mentally demanding with all the time in the world to get into your own head.  

Agree.  More often than not, my back nine is better than my front nine.  When I make a bunch of screwups early, I tend to stop thinking and just "make swings to get through the rest of the round".  Now I just have to learn how to start out that way.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Got out this weekend, it was a bit better than last weekend. Driver and wedges were pretty good and the putter has been great. Still not hitting irons very well. Lots of snap hooks but from my playing partners and own deduction I am trying to really take a bigger swing and am chicken winging my elbow promoting the over the top motion. Still shot in the 100s even though I really started to put it together in the back 9. Really wish the range would open so I could get some work to hammer out my iron swing. Already started working on shortening up my swing and have noticed slight improvement 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Is it just me or has the rounds/day on this thread been on an all time pace?  The effects of a pandemic combined with a long winter no doubt 😆.  It's great seeing everyone getting out 👍

I am a little surprised we don't have more "close encounter" entries but maybe that's just patina needing to be polished off? 

Yup, last week or so traffic on this Thread is moving!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Shot pretty good today…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Played the back nine at River Heights today.  It was an interesting round; every hole had a different issue, lol.  I chunked my approach on hole ten a little...IMG_20220502_102508355.jpg.d453da725d140b13a8c60149cf3e3d5a.jpg

Hole eleven saw me top my seven iron tee shot.  It skipped three times along the water before coming to a stop safely on the other side!

On hole twelve I bladed three chips back and forth over the green.

And so on and so forth.  Just a bunch of weirdness.  Greens were freshly mowed but the recent rains meant clumps of grass were everywhere.  Here's how many greens looked: IMG_20220502_112927381.jpg.17c9db56bfd65000a81053ef50034cd1.jpg 

I had a putt on seventeen that looked on line until it hit a little clump of grass and turned hard right.  I'm not good enough to get mad about these things, though.

Shot a +14 50.  Another promising round!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

9 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Shot pretty good today…

Still liking the new irons? Thought you may share more details about them? Just curious.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

First league night last night, shot +5. Round was full of really solid shots and I putted great, just had a few poor swings that kept it from being a great round. I've got the rest of the summer though, so wouldn't want to be all down hill from here haha

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

3 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

the irons (p770’s) are fantastic. They’re 7-15 yds longer, and I’ve been getting used to trusting them. The switch to the regular shafts (Ventus Red 6R) has also been great, and I’m finding that just taking a smooth swing is the key. The 5 and 6 irons in the (p790) are SO easy to hit. This combo set is kind of taking the sting out of getting older, as the extra distance, feel, and forgiveness, are making these things so pleasant to hit.

... You are an excellent living example of my philosophy that everyone should play the most forgiving irons they can effectively play. Awesome you found a set of irons that seem to be doing that for you! 👍

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... You are an excellent living example of my philosophy that everyone should play the most forgiving irons they can effectively play. Awesome you found a set of irons that seem to be doing that for you! 👍

Totally agree with this. It’s not that the Hogan Ptx Pro’s aren’t great stix, but let’s be clear, half that set are butter knife blades. One cannot deny the true joy of a well struck blade shot, but forgiveness isn’t one of their main selling points.

the p770/p790’s still provide a wonderful feeling on a well struck shot, it’s just “different”.

Oh, I forgot to add one last piece of the puzzle that I’m now 2 rounds into. I’ve switched my grip to an interlock, vs an overlay. some might say that that’s not that big of a deal, but let me tell you, it’s significantly different.

it’s funny as I’m getting a new blister. The result of the switch, for me, has been a much higher degree of accuracy all across the board. It seems a bit easier to have a stronger grip, as that was one of my lessons, that is helpful.

53 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Monday & Tuesday Execs…..  Monday borderline ready to quit, irons just not working.  I can feel myself sliding in my backswing to reduce pressure on my right(forward) leg producing low, almost skull shots.  But the putter worked!!!!

Tuesday birdied 1st & 9th with 💩 in between.  The sliding is continuing and will until knee surgery repair, I hope.

Cancelled all Wednesday golf for May, going to reduce golf thru the month.  June 2nd will be here quickly.

Just need to look at the golf game from the perspective of knowing that you have knee issues, yet still are getting out and at least enjoying spring weather, scenery, and having enjoyment with those shots which come off as planned. Better to have some fun and enjoyment rather than not being able to get out and play at all.

Best of luck with the knee surgery too!

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

1 minute ago, rkj427 said:

Just need to look at the golf game from the perspective of knowing that you have knee issues, yet still are getting out and at least enjoying spring weather, scenery, and having enjoyment with those shots which come off as planned. Better to have some fun and enjoyment rather than not being able to get out and play at all.

Best of luck with the knee surgery too!

Yup, you’re right.  Was a beautiful morning👍👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 minute ago, Mtbryant01 said:

After my trip with @Ben_Howell34 to Big Cedar Lodge (I’ll update on his post about how that trip was….it was incredible) I got to play with a buddy at my local club today. 

I shot a 75 today (my best this year and one off my personal best ever)

I had a chip in birdie and then….. a hole in one! Can’t even describe the feeling of seeing the ball drop into the hole off the tee. 149 yd shot, downwind. Pin is on the front. I played a full PW with the slightest fade. Hit 5 ft to the left of the flag, checked up on the side hill and started falling to the right towards the hole. The anticipation was real as I didn’t know if it was tracking or not. I saw it roll into the flag stick, catch the lip of the cup, do a 180 around the flag before falling in.

Beautiful weather, incredible day. I’ve had many lows while playing, but this is why I love going out again and again. The chase for perfection and today was pretty dang perfect.EAE73520-1DCA-402A-9D59-9258D25FDFC2.jpeg.1570a03573346aa9d3b746066451f95a.jpeg

That is definitely an incredible day!! Congrats on the Ace!

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

9 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

I had a chip in birdie and then….. a hole in one! Can’t even describe the feeling of seeing the ball drop into the hole off the tee. 149 yd shot, downwind. Pin is on the front. I played a full PW with the slightest fade. Hit 5 ft to the left of the flag, checked up on the side hill and started falling to the right towards the hole. The anticipation was real as I didn’t know if it was tracking or not. I saw it roll into the flag stick, catch the lip of the cup, do a 180 around the flag before falling in.

Congrats! Took me 65 years to get my first.

17 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

After my trip with @Ben_Howell34 to Big Cedar Lodge (I’ll update on his post about how that trip was….it was incredible) I got to play with a buddy at my local club today. 

Beautiful weather, incredible day. I’ve had many lows while playing, but this is why I love going out again and again. The chase for perfection and today was pretty dang perfect.EAE73520-1DCA-402A-9D59-9258D25FDFC2.jpeg.1570a03573346aa9d3b746066451f95a.jpeg

Congrats on the ace!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

19 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Congrats!  It only gets easier from here on out 😊

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

20 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Nice round and congratulations on the HIO!!  

54 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Congratulations on the ace! 

1 hour ago, Mtbryant01 said:

F’in A. Hell of a round and even better ace!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!