Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, Mtbryant01 said:

After my trip with @Ben_Howell34 to Big Cedar Lodge (I’ll update on his post about how that trip was….it was incredible) I got to play with a buddy at my local club today. 

I shot a 75 today (my best this year and one off my personal best ever)

I had a chip in birdie and then….. a hole in one! Can’t even describe the feeling of seeing the ball drop into the hole off the tee. 149 yd shot, downwind. Pin is on the front. I played a full PW with the slightest fade. Hit 5 ft to the left of the flag, checked up on the side hill and started falling to the right towards the hole. The anticipation was real as I didn’t know if it was tracking or not. I saw it roll into the flag stick, catch the lip of the cup, do a 180 around the flag before falling in.

Beautiful weather, incredible day. I’ve had many lows while playing, but this is why I love going out again and again. The chase for perfection and today was pretty dang perfect.EAE73520-1DCA-402A-9D59-9258D25FDFC2.jpeg.1570a03573346aa9d3b746066451f95a.jpeg

Great stuff Matt!! Congrats open the virtual Bar 🍻

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

Monday & Tuesday Execs…..  Monday borderline ready to quit, irons just not working.  I can feel myself sliding in my backswing to reduce pressure on my right(forward) leg producing low, almost skull shots.  But the putter worked!!!!

Tuesday birdied 1st & 9th with 💩 in between.  The sliding is continuing and will until knee surgery repair, I hope.

Cancelled all Wednesday golf for May, going to reduce golf thru the month.  June 2nd will be here quickly.

Good luck with the surgery and a speedy recovery

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

+10 on the congrats. 👍

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

3 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

After my trip with @Ben_Howell34 to Big Cedar Lodge (I’ll update on his post about how that trip was….it was incredible) I got to play with a buddy at my local club today. 

I had a chip in birdie and then….. a hole in one! Can’t even describe the feeling of seeing the ball drop into the hole off the tee. 149 yd shot, downwind. Pin is on the front. I played a full PW with the slightest fade. Hit 5 ft to the left of the flag, checked up on the side hill and started falling to the right towards the hole. The anticipation was real as I didn’t know if it was tracking or not. I saw it roll into the flag stick, catch the lip of the cup, do a 180 around the flag before falling in.

Beautiful weather, incredible day. I’ve had many lows while playing, but this is why I love going out again and again. The chase for perfection and today was pretty dang perfect.EAE73520-1DCA-402A-9D59-9258D25FDFC2.jpeg.1570a03573346aa9d3b746066451f95a.jpeg

That’s awesome! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼 Congratulations!

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Great stuff Matt!! Congrats open the virtual Bar 🍻

Opened up a bottle of Eagle Rare tonight. Felt it was appropriate…

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

7 hours ago, chisag said:

... Yea, yea, yea. Oh wow look at me I got a hole in one. Whatever. It's not that I am privately envious or jealous. I am publicly envious and jealous. 🤪 

(great round and congrats) 

I was going to tag you in on this, but I see you've already seen it🤣

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

11 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Congratulations!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Back with my Tuesday game, shot 48/43:91 with 9/14 FIR, 2/18 GIR and 30 Putts.

My shoulder had bits of pain and I was pulling everything left. I get the pain in the follow through, so I backed off my swing and dealt with it.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Thanks @fozcycle , I didn't want to be the first to post about my play after the hole in one.....🥴

League night last night was great weather and some good putting to give me a 37.  Two bogey holes and a birdie with a couple lip out pars.  I was very happy I kept my concentration because there was a lot of ball searching for two of the players in our 4-some.  It was a long 9 holes and usually I check out from lack of interest after about 1-1/2 hours.

The Sub 70 driver is really working well for me with 5/6 FIR with it and good distance (for me).  The only bad tee ball with it was self inflicted by lining up wrong and getting a hard right bounce off a bunker mound. The young bomber in the group was asking questions about my driver / shaft combo during the round.  I think he was surprised I was within 10 yards of him on some of his rockets, but I think his spin was on the high side by the way the ball ballooned on a few.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

13 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Congratulations!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

13 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Congrats on the HIO and the great round. Nothing beats those rounds were everything seems to come together.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

14 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Congrats!!! What a memorable day for you.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

18 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Congrats!

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

6 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Thanks @fozcycle , I didn't want to be the first to post about my play after the hole in one.....🥴

League night last night was great weather and some good putting to give me a 37.  Two bogey holes and a birdie with a couple lip out pars.  I was very happy I kept my concentration because there was a lot of ball searching for two of the players in our 4-some.  It was a long 9 holes and usually I check out from lack of interest after about 1-1/2 hours.

The Sub 70 driver is really working well for me with 5/6 FIR with it and good distance (for me).  The only bad tee ball with it was self inflicted by lining up wrong and getting a hard right bounce off a bunker mound. The young bomber in the group was asking questions about my driver / shaft combo during the round.  I think he was surprised I was within 10 yards of him on some of his rockets, but I think his spin was on the high side by the way the ball ballooned on a few.

That’s terrific…..a Hin1 is a wonder feeling. I had one back in 1985.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Stunk it up today.  Not even sure what I shot.  I didn't keep score and didn't ask (our pro shop posts scores, so it's okay).  Only thing I did well today was drive the ball.  Iron play was off.  Putter was ice cold. And, my usual crappy short game.  All added up to a high number.  I'm guessing somewhere around 88-89.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

10 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Stunk it up today.  Not even sure what I shot.  I didn't keep score and didn't ask (our pro shop posts scores, so it's okay).  Only thing I did well today was drive the ball.  Iron play was off.  Putter was ice cold. And, my usual crappy short game.  All added up to a high number.  I'm guessing somewhere around 88-89.

It’s still very early in the year, it’ll get better with work.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I see the west coast ladies play for the same big bucks as the east coast ladies!!  🤣

And I'm sure she earned those 32 putts because I've yet to play with ladies that give any length putt no matter how short!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Played 9 holes yesterday, but didn’t keep score. I just wanted to see if I could take the changes I made on Tuesday to the course, plus the wind was 20+. I warmed up on the range, and was really hitting it well. First hole nearly drove the green, I haven’t been that close all year. I hit some really strong shots, but as the wind picked up there were some shots I just could not get comfortable over which resulted in some stinky shots. Overall I’m really positive, and with some more work I may be ready to enter another tournament in a month or so. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I didn't get to play today... nursing a sore back and had to get my car serviced.

However, my wife played in her Wednesday Ladies League; shot 85 and won the pot for fewest putts... 32.

IMG_7082.jpeg.1e46d9dbd95afe18cbbd9390f7523e58.jpeg

🤣🤣

Oh great, Martha's game is hitting full stride just in time for the PNW Meet-up... guess I'd better rob my wife's change purse 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

15 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I didn't get to play today... nursing a sore back and had to get my car serviced.

However, my wife played in her Wednesday Ladies League; shot 85 and won the pot for fewest putts... 32.

IMG_7082.jpeg.1e46d9dbd95afe18cbbd9390f7523e58.jpeg

🤣🤣

Well that might get her a Happy Meal at McDonalds these days!  But your on your own!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag