Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

53 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Played in a scramble at my course today with @MDGolfHacker  We shot a decent 66, that was straight up, not mulligan aided or string or any of those things.  

I hit the ball horribly off the tee, definitely my worst day with the stealth, but honestly it was just the swing never felt right today.   

But it was nice weather and I wasn't in the office and we helped a good cause.  Funds went to the USO!

It was a fun day indeed! If only some of those burned cup edges dropped it would of been a different outcome!

MdGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Played in a scramble at my course today with @MDGolfHacker  We shot a decent 66, that was straight up, not mulligan aided or string or any of those things.  

I hit the ball horribly off the tee, definitely my worst day with the stealth, but honestly it was just the swing never felt right today.   

But it was nice weather and I wasn't in the office and we helped a good cause.  Funds went to the USO!

Good job and I’m sure you guys had a great time.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

44 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Good job and I’m sure you guys had a great time.

We did.  We could have done 3-4 shots better. But I hear that from every group in every scramble that I score.   So we got what we earned.  It was a fun time.  One of our partners was a friend who does PBP for the Washington Nationals and Navy Football.  Hadn’t send him since last fall it was great to catch up on a lot of stuff.  The other player was our lead instructor at tbe course.  So we let him do all the heavy lifting 😬

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Better than usual!

Started off a little shaky, though - sloppy double, messy bogey, blow up triple .. but followed that with two pars, two ok bogeys and .. two really nice pars to finish 9 holes with a +8/44!!

Trouble for me today was off the tee - driver is in the shop getting re-shafted and maybe I was just trying too hard with the 3W and had a lotta misses both right and left .. or topped... Did get one really solid one off on the second to last hole (a Par 5).

That score includes one 2-chip (very disappointing; was not in that bad of a spot) and two 3-putts (being way too cautious on the downhill first putts) .. otherwise short game was decent and .. pulled off two up & downs - one from a shallow bunker off the front-right corner of the green!

Made a few 50 - 100 yd shots on green count, too, so overall starting to feel good about the work I've been putting in and happy with starting to see some progress. 👍

It sounds like you held your round together extremely well after the shaky start. That's a heckuva round, my friend!

4 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It sounds like you held your round together extremely well after the shaky start. That's a heckuva round, my friend!

*Thank you!!!*

Hoping to repeat that .. stay calm, stay focused on what I'm doing, be patient.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

28 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Better than usual!

Started off a little shaky, though - sloppy double, messy bogey, blow up triple .. but followed that with two pars, two ok bogeys and .. two really nice pars to finish 9 holes with a +8/44!!

Trouble for me today was off the tee - driver is in the shop getting re-shafted and maybe I was just trying too hard with the 3W and had a lotta misses both right and left .. or topped... Did get one really solid one off on the second to last hole (a Par 5).

That score includes one 2-chip (very disappointing; was not in that bad of a spot) and two 3-putts (being way too cautious on the downhill first putts) .. otherwise short game was decent and .. pulled off two up & downs - one from a shallow bunker off the front-right corner of the green!

Made a few 50 - 100 yd shots on green count, too, so overall starting to feel good about the work I've been putting in and happy with starting to see some progress. 👍

Addendum: may be related, or may be entirely coincidental, but .. played a yellow ball today 😄

Well done and it’s no coincidence!  

20 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

*Thank you!!!*

Hoping to repeat that .. stay calm, stay focused on what I'm doing, be patient.

And use a Yellow Ball👍😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played the last two days, moving back a set of tees. Still no roll to speak of but the greens are stupid quick for this time of year.

92 on Wednesday and 95 on Thursday. Couldn't buy a putt either day. Started hooking the ball the last couple of holes on Thursday, so there's a weird development.

No golf now until next Friday but I'm doing a fitting with Mizuno on Tuesday in preparation to my trip to TPC Sawgrass in September.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

7 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Took a half day to play a local muni and beat the rain that is supposed to last until mid-day Saturday. Shot a penalty free 37/40 for 77 on a wet course. I had a birdie on the almost drivable #17, I was basically chipping. And the shot of the day was an eagle on the short par-5 5th. After almost hitting my drive into the woods, I hit a 4-iron to inches. Worst stretch was 4 bogeys to open the back 9, including 2 3-putts. Putter is trash to start the year, but everything else is going good. I figured out the my new PXG driver a little more yesterday, tweaked my setup. I'm still spraying the ball a bit, but nothing unplayable with it, and my only mishit was a tee shot I wasn't committed on. 

IMG_20220505_132025.jpg

We are having the worst spring weather in NE Ohio!

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

22 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Friday wit da Boyz!!  Mid 70’s, little humid but overall nice morning.  Greens were nice but leaving them a bit long.  
Driver was so-so, putting OK but irons were happy this morning.  
Had a @sirchunksalot moment on 8th hole.  9th hole 165-170 3 par into the sun.  Hit Tee shot felt a bit off the toe and asked the guys where it went then heard the whap from the palm trees on left side of hole. Found my “Yellow Ball” 30 yards from hole and then promptly “chunked” that sucker about 20’!  1st think I thought was was “chunkster”😁.  Double Bogey the hole!  
Finished +5. 

Nice to hear you got out! Meanwhile in MD, it's been raining since this AM. I have half a mind to go put on my rain gear and practice chipping and putting! The urge to golf is strong!

MdGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I was able to get out yesterday before all the rain came today. I was fortunate enough to hit the range for a few minutes prior to the round starting to work out a few swing flaws I’ve been going through. Results were really promising with my driver and irons compared to the previous first 2 weeks. Despite hitting my irons well I left myself too far from the hole and my putting wasn’t up to speed yet shooting a 47 on the front. I also went in 2x which cost me. The back was batter despite still leaving at least 4 strokes for putting I shot a respectable 43. For a grand total of 90. The course conditions didn’t help much since everything is soaked no roll and the greens aren’t holding shots well at all. I will regroup with the putter but it was good to see the irons get back on track. Really started to feel like I could take sim at some pins with confidence. Conditions were rough. Colder temp with wind. Hard to tell when to club up/down and what distances to play too. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

1 hour ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Nice to hear you got out! Meanwhile in MD, it's been raining since this AM. I have half a mind to go put on my rain gear and practice chipping and putting! The urge to golf is strong!

I normally don't play on Fridays since I play Sat and Sun.  However, we are going to get winds 20-30 tomorrow so I decided not to play.  Yesterday it rained all day, and this morning it was looking pretty good with temps in the 60's, no wind and sunny.  So I called the clubhouse and I could get out at 2pm... Great!!  At 1PM it started to rain; 2pm and it's still raining.  I decided to not get wet, and instead I'm watching the poor pros play in your MD rain; hacking it out from everywhere and flying the green from a wet bunker.  It's really killing their driving distance; Rory hit a 295y carry drive and it backed up 2 feet.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I normally don't play on Fridays since I play Sat and Sun.  However, we are going to get winds 20-30 tomorrow so I decided not to play.  Yesterday it rained all day, and this morning it was looking pretty good with temps in the 60's, no wind and sunny.  So I called the clubhouse and I could get out at 2pm... Great!!  At 1PM it started to rain; 2pm and it's still raining.  I decided to not get wet, and instead I'm watching the poor pros play in your MD rain; hacking it out from everywhere and flying the green from a wet bunker.  It's really killing their driving distance; Rory hit a 295y carry drive and it backed up 2 feet.

I hate it when the Pros have to play in our normal conditions. 😲

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

On 11/23/2021 at 9:21 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Another hole on the back is blind downhill and very deceiving in layup area distance.  In the days before all our GPS and range finders, you are best served having someone whose played the course let you know about the 80' deep and 100 yard long canyon that is at the end of the runway.

Played a course in VA last summer that had a hole just like that .. and modern GPS devices didn't help! (Me, anyway 🤪) Afterwards at the 19th Hole I learned the trick from two locals. Oh well.......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Well it quit raining and the sun came out.  My wife talked me into going to the course for 9-holes.  We got there about 3:45 and we had to wait for a couple of groups ahead of us.  So I went to the putting green.  The wind was blowing pretty good, and I looked to the west where our weather usually comes from this time of the year...

IMG_1566.jpeg.c977fd5d62ce82d6baa79f8ba649d6b6.jpeg

Even the geese and goslings were nestled in the tall grass of the rough between holes 6 and 7.  I know that because we headed out as it started to rain on #1 green.  However, it stopped by #4 tee and the sun came back out.  

I didn't keep score; my back is still sore and hit the ball miserably.  I did make a par on the par 5 #5 hole into the wind with an average drive, two decent 3W shots, a short pitch shot and a 10 foot right to left putt.  I finally hit a decent iron shot on the last hole #11 (we played #10-11 because the 11th green is near where I parked the car); a nice 8i to 6 feet.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I played another 9 on Thursday in Spark Golf league.  I got my very first birdie! And on the very first hole,  I was so happy I forgot to stash my birdie ball and hit it right into the water in the next hole. The rest of the round was downhill after that, not even a par.

Did I mention I got my first birdie?! 😁

I'm headed to the Mitsubishi Electric Classic today for a few hours, then to Chateau Elan for 9 holes on their par 3 course. Good luck out there, everyone! 

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 15.5° 3/F Baffler Rail F

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 21° 4 Hybrid

Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid 

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

9 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Upcoming week looking stellar. Booked a dew sweeper 636 tee time for Thursday upcoming. Going to be the first day of above 80 for this upcoming season. Can’t not play!

C'mon man!  You can keep it below 80... I know you can do it.  🤣

14 hours ago, JimmyShanks415 said:

Two straight rounds of 80 on the number. The good news: it’s my best score ever. The bad news: it’s a freaking 80! Would be less painful if not for two brutal finishes.

First round, I need to make 4 on 18 to shoot 79. It’s a short dogleg left par 4, only 291 yards if you cut the corner. Hit a nice high cut 3 wood to 35 yards, then proceed to blade my pitch shot over the green, chip back on to about 8 feet, and two putt for a 5…

Second round at my home course. After a 41 on the front, I made a couple birdies and was playing the back nine to even par through 16. Need to make two bogies to get the elusive 79, so naturally I go bogey-double. This is a stupid game…

"You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.  There'll be time enough for counting' when the dealings done."

Congratulations on your best score ever... again!  You are setting yourself up to fail breaking 80 by knowing what your score needs to be on the last holes.  Even happens to the pros.  How many times have you seen a tournament leader lose when ALL he has to do is "play safe" and par the last few holes?  

I would be willing to bet that if you write down your score on each hole and didn't look at the total until you write down your score on 18, you would have a new best score ever.