TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

"You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.  There'll be time enough for counting' when the dealings done."

Congratulations on your best score ever... again!  You are setting yourself up to fail breaking 80 by knowing what your score needs to be on the last holes.  Even happens to the pros.  How many times have you seen a tournament leader lose when ALL he has to do is "play safe" and par the last few holes?  

I would be willing to bet that if you write down your score on each hole and didn't look at the total until you write down your score on 18, you would have a new best score ever.

I agree and I wish it were that easy, but unfortunately the math just kinda happens in my head. Asking me not to add up the numbers is sorta like saying “don’t think about pink elephants.” But there is definitely something to that because I’ve played 18 consecutive holes in the 70s multiple times, just never in a single round.

Cobra King LTDx 9*, Mitsubishi Diamana TB 60S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 15*, Mitsubishi Diamana TB 70S

Titleist TS2 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana TB 80S

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 4i, Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 80 6.0

Srixon ZX5 5-PW, N.S. Pro Modus3 105S

Ping Glide 3.0 48* SS, 54* SS, 58* SS; KDS Hi-Rev 2.0

SIK DW | C-Series

13 minutes ago, JimmyShanks415 said:

I agree and I wish it were that easy, but unfortunately the math just kinda happens in my head. Asking me not to add up the numbers is sorta like saying “don’t think about pink elephants.” But there is definitely something to that because I’ve played 18 consecutive holes in the 70s multiple times, just never in a single round.

Maybe you can trick yourself by setting 3 hole score goals and thinking about that rather than the total score?  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Owen and I went down to Edgebrook for the first time this year.  CPO and the place was a swamp.  So wet and the rough was more than ankle high.  If you miss the fairway your ball is as good as gone.  Foursome ahead of us were obviously pretty new and the foursome ahead of them were oblivious to everyone else so after a three holes (and an hour) we skipped ahead, playing 16.

Forgot to charge my Shot Scope watch which was a bummer because I hit some rockets off the tee.  Iron game is still a mess but again my putting was great.  

No real highlights to speak of, but after losing balls on each of the first four holes, I settled down somewhat, shooting a +32 95.

Heading home we got a text to play with a couple of older guys from work, so we played nine at Buena Vista as well.  Great company and we all played roughly bogey golf.  I was even the long driver on a couple holes.

Also got my yearly reminder that I'm a pasty white guy as I sunburned the heck out of my legs.  Wear sunscreen, people!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

5 hours ago, JimmyShanks415 said:

... JS it is an acquired skill. We spend so much time when we start trying to play something like bogie/double bogie golf and are always looking at where we are with thoughts like I need to bogie 4 of the last 5 holes and par 1 to reach my goal. But you can teach yourself to ignore your score and just write it down without thinking about it. It isn't always that easy and when I have say 9 pars in a row it's difficult not to know my score but some days I can accomplish that feat and other days not so successful as the first birdie or bogie can make it clear I am -1 or +1 so harder to ignore. But most rounds have a mix of scores and then it is much easier to not be aware of the score unless you add/subtract numbers in your head. Keep trying and you will get there. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Ugly first 18 at home this morning. Still very wet, and because I was first out before mowers, there were several spots where the rough was 4-5" and the fairways were 2-3". Needless to say no roll and lift, clean and place.

Couldn't putt at all. Four three putts in the first five holes. My speed was all off and just did not feel comfortable over the ball until much later in the round.

Scraped by with a 90, that felt much worse, but had I not taken a penalty for a lost ball (plugged, presumably) on 17 I probably would have eeked out an 88 with no game today whatsoever. Could have been worse!

Lots going against ya. Im confident that you’ll be good to go as conditions continue to improve.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

27 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

What a crazy day. Hitting my drive in the fairway is a strength for me. This morning not so much. First hole I topped a drive maybe it went 40 or 50 yards.

... If the elbow doesn't behave the Doctor can prescribe the desert for those topped shots. I see players cold top a driver and watch it roll out 200 yds or more. Same thing from the fairway when a topped fairway wood rolls out close to 200. Of course it isn't always to your advantage when you hit a poor shot directionally that would stop well before the water in Ohio but in the desert you hear the sound of "stop, Stop, STOP!" from the same guy/gal that was yelling "roll, Roll, ROLL! " off the last tee. 🤣

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

What a crazy day. Hitting my drive in the fairway is a strength for me. This morning not so much. First hole I topped a drive maybe it went 40 or 50 yards. But then I smoked a 3 wood to the fringe. Chip and a 1 putt for par. Next hole pull one to the left rough. Hybrid on to the green and two putt for par. Then par on a par 3. Next hole topped driver again. 3 wood to the fringe,chip and 1 putt for par.

Smacked myself and told myself to get it together. Rehersed my driver swing and realized I had the flying elbow for some reason. Then step up on a par 5, did a full practice swing for feel. Stepped in and fired a perfect shot. So long and straight that I was left with a 160 yards to an uphill green. I hit a great 7 iron to within 3 feet. Made my first eagle of the season. Followed up with a birdie on the next hole which is another par 5. 

Just weird with the driver for a bit, although I though I wasn't playing well I was still scoring well. At the end of the round I tallied up two bogies, two birdies and an eagle for my first round in the 60's this season for a 69 (35 on the front, 34 on the back) I had to recount, I didn't  believe it.

No lost balls but found  two ProV1's

Then scurried home to make breakfast for Mothers day. We all ate then I mowed the front and side lawns (3 acres). Painted the fence  at the driveway entrance (9 sections front and back). I'm pooped. Just put on the golf. I don't know if I'll make to the end without falling asleep. 

I hope your wife had a good Mother's Day and it sounds like you had a pretty busy day today. 

Congratulations on the sub 70 round, it sounds like you really had to fight for it. That eagle must have felt so good and to follow it with a birdie is awesome! Hopefully now you can rest up a bit after all the hard work you put in. 

Owen and I were kicked out of the house today; apparently the best Mother's Day gift we could give to my wife was to get the hell out of her house! 😂

We decided to make the trek out to Silver Ridge in Oregon, IL, about 45 minutes west.  We really like this course; it's well maintained, inexpensive, and usually not busy.

Holy hell were we awful!

The course is spread out in a rural area so if you missed too far, your ball was gone.  We each lost roughly a dozen balls.  Putter ran hot and cold; I had two one putts to "save" doubles and also had three four putts.  Irons are still a mess and driver was erratic.

Of course I had a beautiful wedge approach and a one putt on 18 for my only par, so I'll see you all again tomorrow. 😁

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Yesterday I shot a 43/44:87 and tied for 3rd place in our points game. Started ou5 wit( a great drive, then put my second shot in the sh#@.  Followed by another in the water hazard that crosses the fairway….oh well….then things smoothed out and I played pretty decent.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 5/6/2022 at 3:34 PM, RollingGreens said:

We are having the worst spring weather in NE Ohio!

Yea, this is the worst spring in the last 5-6 years for sure. I've been out 4 times, and I was supposed to play the comp at Shawnee on Saturday, but I withdrew earlier in the week seeing the weather coming. With the 36 hours of rain, low 40s temps, and 25mph+ winds. That's not golf, I can't believe they went ahead with it anyway.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Played with a couple customers last Thursday on a beautiful day in Mt. Laurel, NJ.  Game was certainly not firing on all cylinders and the greens had just recently been punched.  But I was happy to still break 80 with mediocre stuff.  

Takeaways: Wedges need some work.  I know I'm not going to throw darts to every pin, but quite a few opportunities where I should have given myself a little closer opportunity.  It especially was apparent with the greens being punched, so more putts than normal.  

Driver was pretty good - shorter course so I only hit it about 4 times.

Was happy with Ball striking and seems to get a little bit better as I am getting more reps this year.

Hope everyone else plays well and has some nice weather this week.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

We played the front nine at River Heights this morning.  Mid 60s with winds over 25mph. 

Putting was iffy; speed control was my issue today.  I either blasted past or was way short of the pin.  Messed around with some different clubs trying to keep the ball low to varying success. 

Owen pointed out that my driver shaft is flexing bad on my downswing which helps explain my recent slicing issues.  Might be time to graduate to a stiff shaft.  I tried his X shafted driver for one hole and hit one 255 all carry, albeit wind aided.  I really closed my driver face the rest of the way and hit it pretty decent.

Pretty messy +19 55 today.  Last year I was thrilled with that and this year I'm mad, so on a positive note my expectation of myself is increasing.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

My Tuesday 9 was pretty good I must say. Didn't play a complete game of course I've never put one of those together. My driving wasn't great but it didn't get me into trouble and zero slices so that was a win. My irons were the best I've played this season. I am not missing my 4 Crossover as my 4 iron has been fantastic. My chipping is what cost me the most today. Hitting them thin and I felt like I was ranging artillery, lol, long then short. 🤦‍♂️ Only one 3 putt so that was ok. The best part of the round was the perfect weather.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Disappointing night in league play with a 41.  My wedges must have heard I signed up for Edel wedge testing because they were getting revenge on me with the 'rights' and ended up with 3 bogies as a result of those shots.  I was over reading putts all night too.  I had a stiff & sore swing.  Probably from lots of ladder work today taking out a 2nd floor window and sheathing / drywalling in the opening.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

We played the back nine at River Heights yesterday.  Temps in the high 80s, little wind and muggy.  Like the day prior it was a pretty humdrum round (+15 51), but I did get a birdie and a pretty funny one at that.

Hit a solid wedge onto the green about flag high to the left.  My son's ball was closer to the pin but not on my line so he didn't bother to mark it.  I mis-hit my putt but it bounced off his ball and right into the cup!

For once my abysmal putting paid off.  He was so mad; I have a history of being more lucky than good while golfing and it annoys the hell out of him, LOL 😂

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Played two rounds at the usual course... both from the blue tees. Both rounds ended up with 9 hole scores of 46. Both ended up doubling the last hole. I'm playing ok right now but struggling to hit irons on target-- getting the distance right for the most part but still tugging/pushing a bit. I've also struggled with the wedges again so need to iron that out to get my scores down this season.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

19 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I'm in Florida this week. Played a in a celebrity fund raiser over the weekend, and played really well. Ended up 2nd. Then played with my uncle yesterday.... started double,  double,  triple.  I shrugged it off,  kept a good attitude an finished the front with 5 pars and a birdie, 41. Took a quadruple on the 10th... then 4 birdies an eagle and 3 pars, 34. Craziest 75 I've ever shot.

Nice comeback!!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 hours ago, JerryB said:

We played the back nine at River Heights yesterday.  Temps in the high 80s, little wind and muggy.  Like the day prior it was a pretty humdrum round (+15 51), but I did get a birdie and a pretty funny one at that.

Hit a solid wedge onto the green about flag high to the left.  My son's ball was closer to the pin but not on my line so he didn't bother to mark it.  I mis-hit my putt but it bounced off his ball and right into the cup!

For once my abysmal putting paid off.  He was so mad; I have a history of being more lucky than good while golfing and it annoys the hell out of him, LOL 😂

😂  Of course you added the 2 stroke general penalty for hitting Owen's ball when you are both on the green, right??

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”