TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

League night was interesting yesterday. Some heavy storms rolled through CNY in the afternoon, but there was a break in the weather and the league officials wanted to give it a go as scheduled. Rain started on my second hole and got heavy by the time we got to the green. Group ahead of us was playing incredibly slow and I was staring down a miserable round... until the horn blew halfway down the third hole, still plenty close to the clubhouse.

League called it for the night and after a round at the bar my buddy asks if I wanted to sneak in a few more holes. Wind was still whipping but the rain had stopped and looked like we were in the clear. Pro shop just wanted us back by 7:30 so we hopped out and got my last 7 holes in. Ended up being a great time and the rain held off. Didn't keep score but played okay. Was only the 2nd time my playing partner had seen that side of the course so was able to give him a ton of tips on where the best places to miss it were.

Shot of the round was a 150 yd. 9-iron that I stuck to 18 inches on a par three... After I re-teed out of anger at chunking my first tee shot 90 yards. Just glad I didn't dunk it.🤦‍♂️

Driver: :titelist-small: 917-D2 (10.5° Stiff)

Woods: :ping-small: G410 (3), :Sub70: 949X (5)

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC (4-P), :Sub70: 699 Pro (3)

Putter: :ping-small: Sigma 2 Kushin C

On 5/10/2022 at 12:13 PM, Matthew Spann said:

First time I shot over 100 for a while this weekend. Playing off back tees as I’ve entered first comp this Saturday. Confidence in tatters. 

Shot 115. Don’t even want to go to the range again! 

14 minutes ago, Matthew Spann said:

I’m a believer in climbing back on the horse that threw you. Hang in there. 👍🏼 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

5 hours ago, Wojtek said:

Shot of the round was a 150 yd. 9-iron that I stuck to 18 inches on a par three... After I re-teed out of anger at chunking my first tee shot 90 yards.

Yeah I think we all .. from high handicapper down thru low/+ .. have each done exactly that. More than once.

Heard this saying a while back:

"Golf is easy ... IF you just hit your second shot first!" 🤣

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, Matthew Spann said:

I'm really sorry to hear this. Golf has a funny way of really getting into our heads and messing with our confidence. I just want to encourage you to keep trying and to let you know it'll get better. 

Played a round this afternoon, which was my first non crack of the morning game in a long time.

the ball goes further.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

8 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

My Tuesday 9 started off horribly. It was a bit chilly at 53° and winds. Nothing seemed to work on the first 2 holes. But things fortunately improved as the round went on. My driver miss today remains to the left which is a marked difference from a horrible slice last season. Putting was completely gone today. Three 3 putts, one 1 putt and the rest were 2 putts. 🤦🏻‍♂️ The positive take away was my misses now don’t result with lost balls. I still have a real difficult time with uneven lies. But I was able to get out and have fun.

Having fun balances out days where you just aren't as good as you want to be.  Sometimes we forget it's just a game....a frustrating and exhilarating game at times, but just a game 😀

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

50 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

I've been golfing so much lately that I haven't had time to post!

In the last week and a half I've had 2 league nights and a work scramble, in addition to the two rounds I'll share more about: my brother-in-law and I got to play The Bluffs course at Arcadia Bluffs in Northern Michigan two weekends ago, and this past weekend I played in my first "competitive" round ever, a best ball 18 hole tournament at Thornapple Pointe in West Michigan.

I'll talk about Arcadia in this post, and say more about the Thornapple round in a different post. For those who haven't heard of it, The Bluffs is an absolutely amazing course. It's basically right on the water of Lake Michigan, with some really interesting holes and some incredible views. Here's a few of my favorites:

View from the par 5 third tee-box:IMG_20220508_102542619.jpg.87da8b537a2189a97242fbf5cd248671.jpg

View from the par 5 fifth tee-box:

IMG_20220508_110117613.jpg.c88a69313d95a5ec07b9654e439f1747.jpg

From the par 4 twelfth:

IMG_20220508_131042551.jpg.41fd9af7dcdc9c51c7d2dee137e9f565.jpg

From the par 3 thirteenth:

IMG_20220508_132834148.jpg.1ec95c82f35c38ab74fbcd6c2c61483f.jpg

Every hole is a unique challenge, with dune grass challenging wayward drives, varying elevation and deep bunkers to consider on approach shots, and firm fast greens with plenty of runoff. Being right on the lake, it's hard to imagine the wind is ever calm. For us, it was around 15-20mph most of the day, which certainly added to the degree of difficulty.

I ended up shooting 87, even though I was striking the ball really really well. I had a personal best strokes gained day off the tee, +6.5! But I really struggled with my shorter approach shots and chips around the green. It was a really big adjustment playing a lot more rollout than I'm used to, as well as having to deal with a lot of bumps and runoffs around the green complexes.

The course does lend itself to a decent amount of driver holes, and if you can stay in the fairway they ran out for days. After a hot dog at the turn, we had a down-wind and down-hill par 4, which ended up going a very long way:

Screenshot_20220518-071331.png.dcd9692aad70eddccb241b3e0e7cc2d2.png

I hit it well, but honestly thought it must have hit a rock or the cart path or something to get that far down. However, the next hole was also playing down-hill and down-wind, and this one we could see bounding down the fairway so no funny business with a lucky bounce:

Screenshot_20220518-071353.png.c148eb70e70c9dc2e43aa336c8a80f5d.png

Just don't mind the rest of that hole, it was a bit of a mess haha.

All in all, it was an awesome day at an amazing course. Even though I lost some shots on & around the greens, we knew it was going to be a challenge so we weren't too worried about trying to go low. Just enjoyed the golf, the weather, and the views!

If anyone is planning a Northern Michigan golf trip coming up, this is an absolute must play!

A 378 yard followed by a 377 yard drive ... Wow!  Must have made all the other 300 yarder's look like runts 😆.  A few of you are starting to make me rethink the "is there a distance problem in amateur golf?" part of the debate 🤔.  That course looks a little like Whispering Straits with the water views, and yeah, it must be a beast on windy days.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 5/16/2022 at 12:46 PM, Shankster said:

I was -1 through 8…… then a double happened.

should have quit then, but I finished out the round… carded a 10… on a hole that I normally don’t have problems with.  

81 final… oh what could have been…

woulda... shoulda... coulda!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Played my last Tuesday Exec until June 2nd knee replacement surgery. Really didn’t hit anything well except breakfast which I hit great.  
I’ll  be checking in occasionally to see how you boys do over the summer.

Good luck on the knee replacement surgery!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

11 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Played my last Tuesday Exec until June 2nd knee replacement surgery. Really didn’t hit anything well except breakfast which I hit great.  

7 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

MDGolfHacker

Ditto.  And as someone looking toward (note looking toward not looking forward) that in my future let us know how it goes.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

A 378 yard followed by a 377 yard drive ... Wow!  Must have made all the other 300 yarder's look like runts 😆.  A few of you are starting to make me rethink the "is there a distance problem in amateur golf?" part of the debate 🤔.  That course looks a little like Whispering Straits with the water views, and yeah, it must be a beast on windy days.

I wish I'd gotten a better look at how far they each rolled out, because most of my other drives for the day were more in line with my typical - something in the 290-310ish range depending on wind and elevation.

And yeah it was! The 3rd green is the highest point on the property, with severe drop-offs and deep bunkers surrounding it. I had a ~60 yard wedge shot to be on in 3, and the wind carried it off to the right side of the green and proceeded to push it about 40 yards away haha. It really forces you to strike it pure when it's blowing like that.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

8 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

MDGolfHacker

Thanks, I’ll get SWMBO to take Pics if me being REALLY Grumpy.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 hours ago, GrumpyGolf said:

Ditto.  And as someone looking toward (note looking toward not looking forward) that in my future let us know how it goes.

We’ll see how it goes 😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 hours ago, Rickp said:

When it comes to hitting breakfast, I’m definitely a plus handicap. 😂 Hood luck with your surgery. 🍀

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

9 hours ago, Rickp said:

Good luck with the surgery Rick and hope you're posting rounds real soon!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

22 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

When it comes to hitting breakfast, I’m definitely a plus handicap. 😂 Hood luck with your surgery. 🍀

Thanks,

Always a “Trip” with the “Bacon Boyz”.    

Rick

Left Hand, 

I drove the ball very well today.  Irons and fairway metals did their job.  My usual issues with short pitches/chips, but my putting today was horrendous!  Putting is typically my strength, but today it cost me far too many strokes.  Not sure why.  Just one of those days, I guess.  

After a couple of weeks with my Callaway Rogue ST driver and 4 wood, I have to say that it was a very good purchase.  I'm definitely getting better distances and dispersion with both clubs!  (Previous driver was Ping G400Max and prior 4 wood was a Tailor-made M4.)

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1st round with the Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 shafts I'm reviewing for MGS in a midweek medal yesterday.

Played pretty good apart from 3 holes where I had 2 doubles & a triple bogey. Off the tee was pretty good and I was getting up & down well and putting solid. Really good distance control with the new putter, just reading a little off. 

Ended up with an 86, nett 71 - handicap cut -0.5 to 12.3.

Highlight was the 500y par 5 4th. 3 wood to 310y, 6i to 15ft but missed the eagle by a couple of inches 😞 

Edit: it was downwind a little...

1272857810_Screenshot2022-05-19064739.png.6ae9a7fa5bed667ff9393196665b4af6.png

Edited by DStar

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

5 minutes ago, edingc said:

Two 18s and one nine this week. Shot 39 on the front Monday by rebounding on the final four holes or so after a shaky start. Followed that with a very, very solid 41/37 -> 78 on Tuesday. Didn't hit anything all that well, but my short game and putting were on fire. I actually started on the back and nearly finished it at even par, just missing a putt on No. 18. Fell off a bit making the turn which was frustrating.

Finished this morning's 18 with a 40/41 -> 81. Hit the ball extremely well with my irons. Driver continues to be pretty squirrelly and cost me three strokes this morning. Mental mistakes (which make me so mad) cost me another two (resulting in two double bogies on the back). Short game just wasn't as good as Tuesday, but I've been putting a lot of pressure on my chipping and putting with the driver.

Felt really good to hit the ball well with my irons. Just need to get the driver sorted out now.

Honestly, sounds like you're right there. Keep it up! 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

7 minutes ago, HeathS16 said:

Honestly, sounds like you're right there. Keep it up! 

Thanks. I'm very close. But it's been consistent and my short game has improved a ton. 

Did manage to bomb a perfect one leading to a par to finish today's round. Nice high baby draw up the hill. Something to build on heading into the next round.

tempFileForShare_20220519-102258.jpg.95be2ad5d1bc6391b5261f5b4785e69a.jpg

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Today was one of those "Best of times, worst of times..." days.  We got to River Heights and the first few holes were backed up, so after waiting around during the first hole, we decided to jump over to hole seven and just continue on from there.

Hole one: hacked my way down the course, then dropped a 32ft putt to "save" double bogey.

Hole seven: Short par threes are my nemesis right now with my irons such a mess.  Pulled my tee shot left, managed to chip over the bunker and two putt to save bogey.

Hole eight:  Another poor drive followed by a poor second shot.  A decent pitching wedge left me 33 feet past the pin, which I managed to sink for par.

Hole nine:  Another (!) poor drive, then a pulled 7 into water next to the hole.  Dropped, mis-hit my bump and run 7 iron which took an odd bounce and stopped two feet from the pin, lol. 

Hole ten: Hit a beautiful hybrid to the back of the green, then three putt.

Hole eleven: Pulled my six iron way left, then managed to bounce my wedge shot off the porta potty.

Hole twelve: A short par four that goes slightly uphill, I hit my best ever drive on this hole to within a foot of the green.  65 foot eagle opportunity with the putter wound up a few feet short, then mis hit the birdie putt.

Hole thirteen:  Driver was back to awful, topped my short hybrid, hit a good wedge shot that rolled just off the back.

Hole fourteen:  Topped my driver 70 yards, then hit my 3 wood 250 yards.

Hole fifteen:  After everything that happened so far, THIS was the breakdown hole.  Moving on.

Hole sixteen:  3 wood off the tee for 250, then more breakdown.

Hole seventeen: More awfulness save for a nice lob wedge over the bunker.

Hole eighteen: Driver back out, popped it 255 yards (another best for the hole), hit a nice wedge over the tree and bunker that guard the front of the green, two putt to finish for par.

If you're still reading, I shot +20 for thirteen holes, pretty on point for me lately. 

Couple things I'm realizing:  When both hit well, my three wood seems to go as long or longer than my driver.  Driver fitting sounds like a fun fix, though pricey and not likely.

Fairways and hybrids are good but I try to kill it too much leading to more poor strikes than good.

Irons are terrifying right now but actually showing signs of getting better.

Wedges are really coming along.  50-100 yards and just off the green are pretty good.  About 20-30 yards away is dicey.

When I actually take the time to do so, I can read the greens pretty well; now my execution needs to catch up.

The more I can get out during the week, the more I seem to pick up on.  These are some really good experiences.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

6 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Driver fitting sounds like a fun fix, though pricey and not likely.

... Just an idea. Keep your eyes open for Demo Days in the Chicago area. Cog Hill always has them along with many other courses. I have gotten quite a few emails from St Andrews (nearer to you) that have already had several. They are free and you can find out a lot concerning drivers and shafts that might fit you. Even though this is a sale, there is usually no pressure to buy at any of these events. Often the Rep knows a thing or two about the golf swing and might even have a few driver tips for your swing. 

For more information or to sign up please call 630.231.3100 ext. 114

Facebook Instagram mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgnc-marketing-ima

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

4 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Well, what a trainwreck of a round for my 9 hole golf league. Driver wasn't working, irons weren't working,wedges weren't working and the putter...you guessed it...wasn't working. Needless to say, jumped out of the cart coming back to the club house and spent an hour chipping, putting and hitting the entire bag at the range to work out the issues.  Apparently my body forgot some of the basics....We'll see how it goes next week.

MDGolfHacker

When I was playing my best (which wasn’t that good) my only practice was chipping & putting…..a lot.  
We lived about 1/2 mile from the course and had a large practice green.  About 3-5 evenings a week I would go there practice C&P then B4 dark head out and play a few holes mostly irons only.  Occasionally another guy or 2 would join me.  If I was alone I’d play 2-3 balls.  Really helped me.  

Rick

Left Hand,