TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, Alf. S said:

Haven't post for a while but want to share.

After playing the game from the age of 13, at the age of 61 I hit my first hole in one yesterday.

Playing at tie at my Home course West Lothian Golf Club https://www.westlothiangc.com/course/. 18th, right in front of the club house, 135yds par 3 down hill with wind behind. A sweet hit Approach Wedge over the protecting bunker. Pitched about 2 feet from the hole and gently rolled into the hole. Got applause from the clubhouse and the Senior League team were on the 1st tee so they all congratulated me which added to the occasion

More than made up for losing the tie 3&2.

What made it sweeter is that I've been having problems with my irons and had the shanks up until a little work on the range on Wednesday. 

image.jpeg.e652913c41c6628400bc5442f2204b95.jpeg

Congratulations on the HIO! It's cool you had an audience to witness the occasion. 

3 hours ago, Alf. S said:

After playing the game from the age of 13, at the age of 61 I hit my first hole in one yesterday.

Playing a tie at my Home course West Lothian Golf Club https://www.westlothiangc.com/course/. 18th, right in front of the club house, 135yds par 3 down hill with wind behind. A sweet hit Approach Wedge over the protecting bunker. Pitched about 2 feet from the hole and gently rolled into the hole. Got applause from the clubhouse and the Senior League team were on the 1st tee so they all congratulated me which added to the occasion

What made it sweeter is that I've been having problems with my irons and had the shanks up until a little work on the range on Wednesday. 

Congratulations Alf!!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Way to go Alf!!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

15 hours ago, Rickp said:

When I was playing my best (which wasn’t that good) my only practice was chipping & putting…..a lot.  
We lived about 1/2 mile from the course and had a large practice green.  About 3-5 evenings a week I would go there practice C&P then B4 dark head out and play a few holes mostly irons only.  Occasionally another guy or 2 would join me.  If I was alone I’d play 2-3 balls.  Really helped me.  

I would do the same at a course about 5 min away until it closed about 6 years ago.  On course practice always was better for me than range sessions.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

4 hours ago, Alf. S said:

Playing a tie at my Home course West Lothian Golf Club https://www.westlothiangc.com/course/. 18th, right in front of the club house, 135yds par 3 down hill with wind behind. A sweet hit Approach Wedge over the protecting bunker. Pitched about 2 feet from the hole and gently rolled into the hole. Got applause from the clubhouse and the Senior League team were on the 1st tee so they all congratulated me which added to the occasion

Congratulations Alf!!  Extra nice that it was in front of the clubhouse!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 hours ago, Alf. S said:

Hell yea this is awsome. Had a few on here lately.....the still aceless thread is dwindling!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Congrats on the HIO!

Just now, Lacassem said:

Hell yea this is awsome. Had a few on here lately.....the still aceless thread is dwindling!

Not dwindling fast enough; I’ll probably be in there forever.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Congrats on the HIO!

You and me both 🤣

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Awesome to get the HIO (only a little jealous, ok maybe a lot) but still great shot

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

That's AWESOME!!! Congrats on the ace!!!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

6 hours ago, Alf. S said:

Congratulations!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 hours ago, Alf. S said:

Nice one!!! (see what I did there?) 

On a side note - Did you have to change for this pic?  You are dressed better than 98% of the golfers I see these days.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

17 hours ago, Rickp said:

When I was playing my best (which wasn’t that good) my only practice was chipping & putting…..a lot.  
We lived about 1/2 mile from the course and had a large practice green.  About 3-5 evenings a week I would go there practice C&P then B4 dark head out and play a few holes mostly irons only.  Occasionally another guy or 2 would join me.  If I was alone I’d play 2-3 balls.  Really helped me.  

@Rickp,

That was the initial approach I took the first few weeks.  I didn't hit any driver or irons but practiced the heck out of chipping and putting.  The first few weeks looked promising as the driver and irons were working great where I didn't get too many penalties off the tee and the approach shots were landing on the green. Putting was a lot better and only some misplaced chips caused me to score poorly. This past week there were no wheels on the wagon to fall off..I done left those wheels at home locked up somewhere, LOL. The range session and the chipping and putting session after the round did wonders to boost my morale and have me looking forward to next week.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

You're not Robinson Caruso there...😬

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

21 hours ago, JerryB said:

Driver fitting sounds like a fun fix, though pricey and not likely.

... Found another:

𝙂𝙚𝙩 𝙛𝙞𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙝 𝙙𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧, 𝙛𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙬𝙖𝙮, 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙧𝙤𝙣 𝙨𝙚𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙙𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙨 (𝙣𝙤 𝙣𝙚𝙩 𝙤𝙧 𝙜𝙤𝙡𝙛 𝙢𝙖𝙩 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙚𝙙). 𝙁𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙡𝙖𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙝 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙨 𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙣.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

34 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Had a great time today in the golf tournment I was invited to play in yesterday. My driver issues that crept in the last two weeks disappeared. I was hitting straight and long today. I hit all but 1 fairway so I was pretty happy. Irons and putting were good. Mr. Dependable showed up to play today. 

We played in a scramble format with 1 mulligan and 1 red tee per person. The team suggested to use a red tee on one hole which left 250 to the green. I said it's mine, I'll put it on the green!  I teed it up put a good swing on it and it disappeared over the hill heading online to its target. We drove down and it was sitting just past the flag by around 10 feet. My putt lipped out and sat on the edge. That would have been a good one to have but nobody made their attempt either. But we were respectable with shooting 12 under. No bogies. We were out of the money but 6th place wasn't bad out of 18 teams.

Good company, great weather, good golf. What else can you ask for. I hope I bring this game to Myrtle Beach next week. You never know who will show up.

Well done!!  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

And he proceeded to answer “well he is getting old so maybe”…..

hahaha *you're* getting old ... ... better not introduce that kid to any of us actually old farts on this forum 🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

hahaha *you're* getting old ... ... better not introduce that kid to any of us actually old farts on this forum 🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣

He’s a wise a$$ lol. He’s got lots of years before he can take me down…..hopefully

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

18 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Took my son out for his first 9 of the year. He played really well first time out. Struggled here and there but had some real gems. Of those a chip in for par on the 3rd hole! 

he later had a really good drive best of the day on hole 5 and I said “wow buddy best shot of the day” he corrected me and said I think my chip in was better”….I stand corrected kid. 

we had some good room on the Course and we did some putting/green reading and some sand work….he surprisingly picked up on the sand shot pretty quick. All in all he had a great day.

as for me +3 but the highlight of the day you ask? When the starter asked him “so are you going to beat your dad today?” And he proceeded to answer “well he is getting old so maybe”…..I proceeded with this off the tee:

874229AE-AF4B-431E-AD31-AF245A222048.png.81d964eb0f05ab0a4502f312eab4c8ff.png

the starter quickly responded with “you got a few years kid”….damn right he does.

was a great day and can’t wait to get more rounds in with him through the year 

E86CD95D-EBC8-404F-B045-E1A3ACDF7239.jpeg.4c058baf8f41784a17202f16ae6b6997.jpegC777E48E-601C-40D1-BE90-5FFC8602F268.jpeg.889844ad5e1f7b750e61d84471390f70.jpeg

That's awesome Mark! It sounds like the two of you had a fun day on the course. Congratulate him on the chip in for par for me. That's a day to remember. 

Headed out of work to play 9 before dinner this afternoon, but I played pretty terribly. I was hitting my 3 wood well off the tee, but was fighting my irons, and poor green conditions took away the part of my game I can pretty much always depend on. I think I just need some range time to work out the kinks, because it feels like I’m close to where I need to be. 

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS