TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

playing tight  short course with lots of water   +7  not bad  

hit a 2 water balls  putts were not dropping until  the back 9

Had these wedge short from 80-120 wedge shot had bit of trouble adjusting and hit in to the pond behind the green

80 years and in I was confident to get to putting range

On 5/20/2022 at 12:34 AM, Alf. S said:

Haven't post for a while but want to share.

After playing the game from the age of 13, at the age of 61 I hit my first hole in one yesterday.

Playing a tie at my Home course West Lothian Golf Club https://www.westlothiangc.com/course/. 18th, right in front of the club house, 135yds par 3 down hill with wind behind. A sweet hit Approach Wedge over the protecting bunker. Pitched about 2 feet from the hole and gently rolled into the hole. Got applause from the clubhouse and the Senior League team were on the 1st tee so they all congratulated me which added to the occasion

More than made up for losing the tie 3&2.

What made it sweeter is that I've been having problems with my irons and had the shanks up until a little work on the range on Wednesday. 

image.jpeg.e652913c41c6628400bc5442f2204b95.jpeg

I got ya beat- started at 8, first hio at 65, then the next about 6 months later…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Can we talk just about my putting and cheerfully ignore everything else? 😉

--> 15 putts over 9 holes with really good first putt distance control ... 3 x 1-putts and *NO* 3-putts!

Nice putting👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 5/20/2022 at 8:17 PM, chisag said:

... Finally got in 18 holes today. Not much energy and still tired and hard to believe it has been 3 weeks since coming down with this $%^&%$* sinus infection. First surprise was I tried to play Monday and only got thru 7 holes and mentioned that to one of the guys in the clubhouse (they all know me since I play 5 times a week) and Michael only charged me for 9 holes today without me asking. Nice start to my day. Then I was playing new irons, new shafts and a new driver with a new shaft. 20-25 mph winds but with the temps near 100* not a bad thing really.

... I really liked the LTDx Black with the LinQ White shaft but struggled with the KBS TGi shafts in my new Forged Tec irons. 5-pw with a FT-X 4 iron that was silly long off the tee and from the fairway and set me up for an eagle putt just over the 2nd green. I need to weaken it 2* and match the specs for the FT 4 iron. The FT's performed well but the TGi shafts just feels very brittle and stiff, unlike any graphite irons shafts I have played. Not sure if I was making poor contact, although all my par 3 shots had the tee mark in the center of the face, or the shafts are just very different because as I said, I felt a little weak and tired all round long. I am going to give them a few more rounds and then if the feel doesn't improve, I will re-shaft with Steelfibers similar to what I have in my MIM irons. Love that combo. 3 birdies and 2 bogies so 1 under par while still feeling under the weather gives me nothing to complain about. Resting this weekend then hopefully a little more energy for Mondays round! 

Sorry about the KBS TGi shafts.  I think you know right away if a shaft will work or not.  First impressions are important.  "Brittle" is not a good feeling.  

TaylorMade Sim2 Max 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Blue 55 R

Callaway 4+ Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 65 R

Callaway 5 Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

Callaway Heavenwood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 3 (19*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 4 (22*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 5 (25*) - SteelFiber i95 R

Honma Beres irons (2020) 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, AW - Nippon 750GH Wrap Tech R 

Vokey SM8 56* D grind & Vokey SM8 54* bent to 52* D grind

Scotty Cameron California Monterey Putter

16 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

I got ya beat- started at 8, first hio at 65, then the next about 6 months later…

Topper 😉

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

1 hour ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

First round in 2 weeks as the stitches just came out of my finger on Saturday. I had two bandages and athletic tape on the finger, but was pain free and it didn't effect me. Shot 40/41, I birdied the first hole but my putter was not working (34) as I couldn't make putts to save my life for the rest of the day. I had 3 or 4 more opportunities on the front as I was sticking my irons. Driver was ok, I hit some wild ones, but really only 2 hurt me. Got up and down on 17 & 18 to finish out, so chipping is coming into form. Playing again tomorrow, then a tournament on Thursday, and more golf over Memorial day.

About 25 years ago I had to get stitches in my finger when my hand slipped off a wrench working on the truck and I sliced my right index finger.  Our neighbor was a nurse and had certain skills along with the necessary equipment and homestead mentality to keep me from going to the ER.  I took a golf club with me and gripped the club to get the proper finger bend while she stitched me up and we taped in into that shape.   

You see we had two weekends of golf competition with the sister course starting the next day and I wasn't going to miss it!  It really didn't have any effect on how I played.  I was glad it wasn't my left index finger as the interlocking grip probably would have been a problem.

For a trade on stitching me up I re-shingled their pole barn once the stitches came out.  They have since moved to Mississippi so now I'd have to take a club to the ER with me and talk security into letting me bring it in.  😁

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

40 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

About 25 years ago I had to get stitches in my finger when my hand slipped off a wrench working on the truck and I sliced my right index finger.  Our neighbor was a nurse and had certain skills along with the necessary equipment and homestead mentality to keep me from going to the ER.  I took a golf club with me and gripped the club to get the proper finger bend while she stitched me up and we taped in into that shape.   

You see we had two weekends of golf competition with the sister course starting the next day and I wasn't going to miss it!  It really didn't have any effect on how I played.  I was glad it wasn't my left index finger as the interlocking grip probably would have been a problem.

For a trade on stitching me up I re-shingled their pole barn once the stitches came out.  They have since moved to Mississippi so now I'd have to take a club to the ER with me and talk security into letting me bring it in.  😁

That’s dedication my friend.
  I did something very similar when I broke/cut my index finger many years ago.

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 5/20/2022 at 3:34 AM, Alf. S said:

Haven't post for a while but want to share.

After playing the game from the age of 13, at the age of 61 I hit my first hole in one yesterday.

Playing a tie at my Home course West Lothian Golf Club https://www.westlothiangc.com/course/. 18th, right in front of the club house, 135yds par 3 down hill with wind behind. A sweet hit Approach Wedge over the protecting bunker. Pitched about 2 feet from the hole and gently rolled into the hole. Got applause from the clubhouse and the Senior League team were on the 1st tee so they all congratulated me which added to the occasion

More than made up for losing the tie 3&2.

What made it sweeter is that I've been having problems with my irons and had the shanks up until a little work on the range on Wednesday. 

image.jpeg.e652913c41c6628400bc5442f2204b95.jpeg

Congratulations and welcome to the HIO club! 

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

55 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Congratulations and welcome to the HIO club! 

MDGolfHacker

Definitely welcome!!  I didn’t get my one and only until I was 72.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

21 hours ago, sandpounder said:

Sorry about the KBS TGi shafts.  I think you know right away if a shaft will work or not.  First impressions are important.  "Brittle" is not a good feeling.  

... Feeling much better and my strength/energy has returned to almost normal. So with a second round under my belt with these I realize they were not soft stepped twice, just straight stiff flex. I was a little more aggressive today and they responded better and the brittle feel was gone but still too stout for me. Even though I hit my 7 iron around 165-170 with these, it is still a smooth swing and the r-flex Steelfibers are a better fit. They don't offer the TGi 85's in r-flex, hence the soft stepped twice request so I will re-shaft with Steelfiber i80's in r-flex and expect them to feel much better. So far I really like the Forged Tec heads.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Played nine holes this past Saturday. Weird round. Shot 44. Had 5 three put greens. One triple. Two birds, one on a par three and one on a par five. Both one putts. Four GIR. Was on the green or in the fairway on eight of the nine holes. Go figure. And I just read the posted article on putting so I thought I would post this. 

g

Retired Army aviator. 2 Vietnam tours flying Hueys.

2 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

My morning 9 on a beautiful day. I had the best driving round in forever. It put me in a place which I’m normally not familiar, the middle of the fairway. My 1st drive of the morning though was a snap hook into the trees. So I teed up a second and of course it was nice, high and straight. 🤦🏻‍♂️ My driver success was offset by my iron play. It seemed like I was was thinning everything left. My putting was ok. More 2 putts than anything, two 1 putts and a couple of three putts. 🤬 My wedge game was ok. I seem to hit my MD3 a bit better than my Mack Daddy CB on chips. But all in in all I had a most enjoyable round. My game is definitely improving.

The only birdies of the day.

B613795B-DE9C-4E7F-B1C6-D23823027917.jpeg.8d5b193d61e4dad7651730f195698f25.jpeg

Nice Birdie!! Along with a nice day on the course!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 5/23/2022 at 6:50 PM, chisag said:

... Feeling much better and my strength/energy has returned to almost normal. So with a second round under my belt with these I realize they were not soft stepped twice, just straight stiff flex. I was a little more aggressive today and they responded better and the brittle feel was gone but still too stout for me. Even though I hit my 7 iron around 165-170 with these, it is still a smooth swing and the r-flex Steelfibers are a better fit. They don't offer the TGi 85's in r-flex, hence the soft stepped twice request so I will re-shaft with Steelfiber i80's in r-flex and expect them to feel much better. So far I really like the Forged Tec heads.  

Great news.  Just a question.  How will you get the swing weight up?  Going to an i80 will drop you 1 SW compared to i95.

TaylorMade Sim2 Max 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Blue 55 R

Callaway 4+ Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 65 R

Callaway 5 Wood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

Callaway Heavenwood Steelhead XR - Tensei CK 55 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 3 (19*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 4 (22*) - SteelFiber i95 R

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 5 (25*) - SteelFiber i95 R

Honma Beres irons (2020) 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, AW - Nippon 750GH Wrap Tech R 

Vokey SM8 56* D grind & Vokey SM8 54* bent to 52* D grind

Scotty Cameron California Monterey Putter

1 hour ago, sandpounder said:

Great news.  Just a question.  How will you get the swing weight up?  Going to an i80 will drop you 1 SW compared to i95.

... Shafts are weight balanced to produce the same swing weight. But if it does come out lighter, I will just add lead tape to the head. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Better than Sunday but still not great 45/42 87. Driver, besides the first hole was a lot better. Hit my best of the day on 18, middle of the fairway about 250 uphill.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!