TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Owen didn't want to get up so I walked River Heights yesterday before work.  Walked up, mis-hit my driver and immediately put it away for the round.  Re-teed with my 3 wood and played that the rest of the day, never really done that before.  

It was interesting.  Took a few holes to realize that while my driver fades, my wood draws.  Had a few rough drives where I would set up and swing like it was my driver, but when I was on, I was really good.  

Can't hit my six iron to save my life; keep chunking the heck out of it.  Rest of my irons are slowly coming back.  Wedges deserted me though.  Either I wuss out and hit way short or I pull it long and left.  Putting was hot and cold.

Overall a decent day; 51/46 for a 97.  Five pars and only two 3 putts.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

My game has been atrocious thus far this spring.  I can't get loose.  I'm sore all over.

After sixty years on the course, I may finally be done.

But I'm paid up for the year, so I'm still trying.

Lately, though, I've enjoyed the meeting up early for breakfast more than the actual playing.

Maybe some seriously hot weather will get me going.  I've always played my best on the scorchers.

Too soon to throw in the towel, but late enough to have to think about it.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

5 minutes ago, BostonSal said:

My game has been atrocious thus far this spring.  I can't get loose.  I'm sore all over.

Lately, though, I've enjoyed the meeting up early for breakfast more than the actual playing.

Maybe some seriously hot weather will get me going.  I've always played my best on the scorchers.

You can't quit now... you young whippersnapper!!  All of us old f@rts are sore, so suck it up!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy_CS said:

Holed out on the final hole for a par save after hitting into a hazard off the tee!

Awesome dude!! 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

8 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I haven't been talking much about my game lately.  Frankly, I was growing weary of talking about my poor play and I'm sure you guys were tired of hearing my whining 🙂  

Made a bit of a turn today and a little bit of the old me showed up.  On the front 9, I was 2 over going into #9 when I hit a poor drive into the fairway trap, a poor shot out, and then 3 putt for a double bogey and a 40 on the front.  On the back, I'm 1 under thru the first 6 holes (including the tough Lost Tres Diablos) when I come up short on the par 3, blade a wedge into the back trap, barely get out and two putt for yet another double.  Close the back out with a 38 and card a 78 for the round.

On the par 3 #4 playing at 163 yards, we had 3 out of 3 birdies for the team (playing low 2 net).  The pic below shows the 3 balls -- I was the last to hit and got inside both of them.  We all made our putts..

IMG_0510.jpg

Nice round that had the makings of something better.  Seems like you are either getting used to the different grass, or it has changed with the warmer weather. Either way, keep it up!!

BTW, we aren't tired of your whining; reminds us that we aren't the only ones!!  Besides... @Yellow Ball needs more material.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

47 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Stu decided that walking the course with his Motocaddy would not be in the cards in his future and since I did show a lot of interest during testing he decided to give it to me with the cart bag as well. That was totally out of the blue and shows that kind of guy he is. I was pretty floored with his generosity and he didn't want anything in return. He just wanted a fellow spy to use it.

Big Stu sorry to hear that about not being able to walk the course, but WOW what a nice gesture!!! Tom I hope you really enjoy it!!!

👍👍👍

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

5 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Before I did something stoopit to myself the other day that will put me out of action for a little while (so this is the last long, boring story for a while 🤪) .. I did get to play a few holes with my wife and friends in the annual community outing where they live.

None of us are great golfers so we just decided to play our own informal scramble .. use the best tee shot, best 2nd, best approach.

My contributions to the team effort reflected my typical golf round - either awful, brilliant or almost...

For example...

First tee shot = awful. Low, left into the trees. Not playable. Fortunately one of the ladies put us into a great spot for our 2nd shot!

Second tee shot = brilliant. Par 3 about 160ish uphill to an elevated green, can't see the putting surface, pin front-right with a very deep bunker in front. Hit it high and straight and onto the front right part of the green. Then.. we all missed the birdie putt..!

Third tee shot = awful. Low, left and short. My second shot was good but an almost as the other guy's was in a better position so we used his. My short approach ended up being the best .. online to the pin, but maybe 20+ feet short so another almost.

Fourth tee shot = brilliant. Left the driver in the bag and took the old Bertha Mini and smashed it out there into the dogleg, left-middle of the fairway. My second was another almost - nice trajectory, great distance, just a leettle to the right of the green and into a tough spot to try to get up and down from....

Fifth tee shot = almost. Low, left but it was downhill so got some extra rollout. Other guy's was on the right side of the fairway and again in a much better position for our second. My second = awful (boy it's good to be playing a team scramble when you're not having a great golfing day!). My approach .. another Par 5 .. from the right rough was another almost .. the right distance but pulled left of the pin and ended just off the green.

See? A little bit of everything in every golf round 😂

But then... I turned back to look at my alignment and swing path; I was standing on a mound facing uphill towards the green and where the ball had been was a little below my feet. Then... something in my left hip *popped*...

So I spent the rest of the round driving the cart and drinking a few Buds!!

I hope everything is going to work out for you on the hip front.  Nothing major I hope.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

Just now, GrumpyGolf said:

I hope everything is going to work out for you on the hip front.  Nothing major I hope.

Thank you! Hopefully just need some rest time then some PT....

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

10 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Had a great time playing yesterday with @BIG STU at his home course. We didnt keep score and we didn't play our best but had a fun time. I got to see some of Stu's vintage clubs make their way in and out of the bag and I did manage to show Stu what my new driver can do. The weather behaved this time and we got all 18 in. Great to get out with a fellow Spy. It was also nice to have a course tour guide to tell me where to hit, which holes to club up on and such. The course had great layout but did need a little TLC. But value for the money was killer. It helps to know people who know people. The course owners took care of us. 

Stu decided that walking the course with his Motocaddy would not be in the cards in his future and since I did show a lot of interest during testing he decided to give it to me with the cart bag as well. That was totally out of the blue and shows that kind of guy he is. I was pretty floored with his generosity and he didn't want anything in return. He just wanted a fellow spy to use it.

So I might be late to the testing party for this item but be sure that I will either do my review in the comments or unofficial review area. I am looking foward to seeing how this baby will do in the  mountains of Tennessee. That was my concern back while the official tests were going on. Maybe this will take off the last 5 pounds I'm looking to shed. 

Thanks again Stu

Cant wait to see your thoughts on this as well. Was recently reading an article about calories burned/general exercise with a cart, push cart and a motocaddy. Motocaddy had the best elevated heart rate and calories burned (faster pace when walking normally not having to push) which surprised me. That plus the review has me intrigued on these now. 

Glad to see the cart stays with a fellow spy!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Cant wait to see your thoughts on this as well. Was recently reading an article about calories burned/general exercise with a cart, push cart and a motocaddy. Motocaddy had the best elevated heart rate and calories burned (faster pace when walking normally not having to push) which surprised me. That plus the review has me intrigued on these now. 

Glad to see the cart stays with a fellow spy!

I must have read the same article. It confused me the you burned more calories with a Motocaddy versus pushing or pulling a three or 4 wheel. Then the more I thought about it, it made sense. You can walk faster not dragging something around.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

52 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I must have read the same article. It confused me the you burned more calories with a Motocaddy versus pushing or pulling a three or 4 wheel. Then the more I thought about it, it made sense. You can walk faster not dragging something around.

Same exact thought process for me.  Probably a much better walk form wise too after thinking about it......I forget what article it was but we must have been on the same one.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

20 hours ago, BostonSal said:

Felt that way last week and a few times throughout the years.  But, it only takes that one magical shot to get you hooked again and playing like you belong on the PGA tour😄.  Hope that happens soon for you!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

10 hours ago, Alf. S said:

Last couple of photos on my HIO, I promise. 

The view from the tee.

image.jpeg.3a50501d38191a030ce479324d6ca478.jpeg

And with my new bag tag from the club.

1097410408_IMG_5630(2).JPEG.1de4cc19fba14a2c1cac96e9d5dd5d60.JPEG

Just saw this again and noticed this time that you did not have the Official MGS "Hole In 1" badge yet on your tag.  Did you request it yet?

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

1 hour ago, GrumpyGolf said:

Just saw this again and noticed this time that you did not have the Official MGS "Hole In 1" badge yet on your tag.  Did you request it yet?

No not yet! Where do i do it?

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

1 minute ago, Alf. S said:

No not yet! Where do i do it?

Send an email to one of the admins asking for the hole in one badge.  They'll get that taken care of for you.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder