Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

18 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

See there, you're starting to get that "course management" thing.  Some of my most memorable holes have been played from two, even three fairways 🙂.

Course management was the name of the game Sunday. I couldn't hit a fairway (at least the right one) and had some fun getting creative trying to get back on course. 

3 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

You sir, win best reply of the day. 🙌🏼😂

Thanks, but as @sirchunksalot will tell you... "I am not a Sir.  I am El Conquistador."  🤣  (have had to listen to the Bob and Tom Show to know that one)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Finally a solid round after a few poor rounds out. I’ve been working on my swing and committing to changes instead of just my score. Today I hit 9 GIRS and was on fringe for 3 more. I had one dumb double and two three putts but still managed a 78 today. Best round in a minute. It was nice seeing my hard work on irons and wedges paying off today with solid ball striking. Hopefully a sign of swing changes paying off. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Another break in the run of cool, wet weather today and tomorrow, so I drove the 70 miles to Cottonwood Hill GC in Bozeman.  Paired up with a nice young kid attending MSU and we both played the green tees (6318). It had rained pretty heavy the previous two days and the course was wet but not sloppy at all.  Lots of heavy, dark cloud cover and rain in the distance, but winds were light and it stayed clear of us.  44/41 with only one DB and never having made a single putt outside 8 ft. 😖  Several great chances for birdie but the ER5v and I just could not get it done.  It felt like one of those rounds that could have easily been a sub 80.

I did get to test out the Tsi2 3w. I took my first swing with it (I mean literally) on #1, par 5 with 242 yards in.  I took the G400 with me in the truck but upon arriving decided to live or die with the Titleist.  I need to get some time on the range with the SC200 and see for sure, but it was pretty easy to get airborne and early indication is that it's longer by maybe 7-10 yards.  It definitely has a different feel and sound.  Time will tell but, thus far, my gamble looks like it will pay off.

Lush, green, and damp... not great for roll out but sure nice looking.

941550802_CWHGC3.jpg.57040038b191d34f82dff1896033a3f0.jpg110419017_CWHGC2.jpg.51f716340df56ab3cf6759596c89a848.jpg502792006_CWHGC1.jpg.641145bb08bb23f01cda31fe1a65cfdd.jpg1677280769_CWHCG.jpg.9a602173defcb1379bd409f5feaf575c.jpg

I need to get to MT your courses always look phenomenal!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Have been driving pretty poorly since the season started a few weeks ago up here.

So went to the range and started working on things that worked for me late last year.  

Started hitting better 3 FW on the range and the next day it translated into very good distance gains.  Also my Driver started finding more fairways.  

Hoping this trend continues into Match Play starting next week.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

9 hours ago, chisag said:

... Starting to feel like Groundhog Day as I shot 71 for my last 6 rounds. A little stiff starting out and had a 10 foot eagle putt just off the front of the green and with the Rye dying out and Bermuda coming in the greens are pretty bumpy and I rolled it 4 feet past and it bumped offline for the birdie. Added one bogie and played the front in 1 over. Then I birdied 10, 11 and 12 just missing another on 13. Then on 17 the pin was perched just over a false front and I hit it 4 feet past the pin but it spun back seemingly sitting just above the false front teasing me and theeeeeen trickled off the green. With the bumpy greens I had no choice but to hit it 6 feet past the pin or it would just come back to my feet and I missed the putt for another bogie. So a par on 18 and ... another 71. Again, no complaints but it would be nice to shoot a different number. 🤪

... But the real reason for this post is at 102* the course was pretty empty as we walked and 4 different singles played through us in carts. With an empty course it was Nature Day and a glorious one at that. I was feeding a Roadrunner some organic nuts/fruit Probar and 2 other Roadrunners attacked her and took the food from her beak. I tried another little piece and they did it again! Roadrunners are very territorial and I have never seen 3 together. I dropped another and she just stood there with it in her beak til one of the other ones took it from her again and I realized these were her kids! I stayed there dropping probably 10 little pieces and she fed them every time never having any for herself.

... Then several hoes later a HUGE Retail hawk found a ground squirrel (they look like a mini prairie dogs) and after killing it, flew up unto a tree to have a peaceful meal in the shade. 

.... Cut up an organic Fuji apple and feed the rabbits on the far back 15th tee box. Cut them into small squares and the rabbits know it by now since I have been doing this all winter and spring. They jump away to the bushes and before I can even get back to my tee box they are back on the tee and eating the apples. 

... Finally on 18 two coyotes with tiny little coyote cubs ran across the fairway about 100yds in front of us. I have never seen baby coyotes in the wild but as I said the course was pretty much empty. They crossed over to #9, looked around while the cubs had a little wrestling match, then came back across 18 and back into the desert while we waited to hit out tee shots. 

... Finally I have never given my 80yr old pard any instructions but he has been flying open with his body when he jumps at the ball. 5'9" and 135 he needs to throw his body at the ball and hits it amazingly far for his age. I teed his ball up a little higher and told him to feel like his shoulders don't turn through impact. Impossible not to do of course but it helped him stay more square at impact and he hit some big drives. 4:40 minutes as we sat in the shade letting singles play through, enjoyed nature and didn't hurry in the heat. It really was an awesome day. 

This sounds like a lovely experience the only nature in my last round were black flies and mosquitos

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

2 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

This sounds like a lovely experience the only nature in my last round were black flies and mosquitos

... Bummer. These guys would eat 'em! They are like feathered Raptors and eat lizards, snakes and a bunch of insects. 

cRoadrunners.png.1833ef0862f40c3f87a28aa2a449941b.png

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

This was one of my better rounds. I played the back 9 this morning. Driver was a tad bit inconsistent but found 4 out 7 fairways with it which is good for me. Putting was good except for the 15th hole, a par 3 over water. My tee shot was to about 24 feet but 3 putted. 🤬 I had one blow up hole number 16, the hole after the 3 putt, that nothing seemed to go right on but I didn’t 3 putt and I topped every shot. Parred 17 and bogeyed 18. Which for one who is often in the low 50s for nine is good. Oh and my shot of the day was on 17 but that is for another post. 😁

I made a friend on number 12.

5E814C60-68A2-4628-80B4-3CD75223AF0D.jpeg.88f93ebbe63abe887c8ce43b44913795.jpeg

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

2 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

I made a friend on number 12.

5E814C60-68A2-4628-80B4-3CD75223AF0D.jpeg.88f93ebbe63abe887c8ce43b44913795.jpeg

... Nice picture. I was playing my home course back in Chicago on a very hot humid day and found one of these guys in the middle of the fairway inching along at a snails pace toward the lake. He had a good 100yds to go so I thought I would help him and put a towel over him as he retracted into his shell and started carrying him. I got about 20yds from the water when he violently flipped, flailing his legs and fell out of my hands. Crazy heavy I thought he might have damaged his shell and when I tried to reach him again he snapped and flailed at his "tormentor". I watched for a few minutes but the guy didn't move so I walked back to my ball, hit my shot and when I looked back the hopefully uninjured fellow was slowly crawling to the lake. 

... Sometimes nature just doesn't need our help even if we have the best intentions. 🙄

15 hours ago, chisag said:

Roadrunners

HUGE Retail hawk

squirrel

rabbits

coyotes

Sounds like a Looney Tunes cartoon.  I guess you get along with them so well since you are all part of the screen actors guild 😂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Sounds like a Looney Tunes cartoon.  I guess you get along with them so well since you are all part of the screen actors guild 😂

... Haha true dat and maybe they should change the name from Aguila GC to the ACME GC. The crazy thing is this course is completely packed all winter and spring and hard to get tee times but as summer approaches and all the snowbirds are back home it can be pretty empty. Yesterday was an extreme example as we started at 2pm and at one time the ranger told us only 3 groups were on the entire course so nature was having an awesome day with very few humans in carts disrupting their day. 

Today was our weekly MGA round.  2 man best ball net.  We only got in 15 holes before we were rained out (thunder and lightning in area).  It was a shotgun start, so the pro shop figured out which 9 holes everyone played and went from there.  I was playing okay ... 8 over thru 15 holes (2 doubles!) but my partner (8 Hcap) was having a bad day.  Of the 15 holes, we only used his ball on 2 holes.  Anyway, we didn't win, but I did win a skin.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Today was our Weekday net skins game. I shot 46/44:90 with 2 birdies on the back nine.  Got one net skin on a birdie that I got a stroke …….payout was $10.

Again, my bag was Driver: Wilson Triton w/Paderson Imrtx shaft; Patriot 7W; Tour Edge 9W; Hogan 3H; Tour Edge 4H; Hogan Ptx irons 6-P w/Recoil; Hogan Tkt-15 wedges 49/53/57 w/Recoil and Slotline SSi-693 with Titleist Pro V1.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... Nice picture. I was playing my home course back in Chicago on a very hot humid day and found one of these guys in the middle of the fairway inching along at a snails pace toward the lake. He had a good 100yds to go so I thought I would help him and put a towel over him as he retracted into his shell and started carrying him. I got about 20yds from the water when he violently flipped, flailing his legs and fell out of my hands. Crazy heavy I thought he might have damaged his shell and when I tried to reach him again he snapped and flailed at his "tormentor". I watched for a few minutes but the guy didn't move so I walked back to my ball, hit my shot and when I looked back the hopefully uninjured fellow was slowly crawling to the lake. 

... Sometimes nature just doesn't need our help even if we have the best intentions. 🙄

I said hello and wished him well. 😄

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

4 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

I said hello and wished him well. 😄

... Impressive! I am learning Spanish but I have to admit I don't speak turtle.  

... I was playing with a couple a few months ago and when I went back to feed the rabbits and they scattered only to return before I got back to my tee box the lady said "Funny they run away and come right back. If you do this 5 times a week I would think they would know your voice by now!" 🤣

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Haha true dat and maybe they should change the name from Aguila GC to the ACME GC. The crazy thing is this course is completely packed all winter and spring and hard to get tee times but as summer approaches and all the snowbirds are back home it can be pretty empty. Yesterday was an extreme example as we started at 2pm and at one time the ranger told us only 3 groups were on the entire course so nature was having an awesome day with very few humans in carts disrupting their day. 

For your personal safety I’d suggest refraining from testing any Acme golf equipment.

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

Went well, Home around 1:00!!!2E0A0BED-EC30-4240-A2B9-228726423018.jpeg.c1b5a95d340c1357898fd242c7ff2c77.jpeg036CD2BE-9BDF-4E9B-8BB0-50809D86D4C5.jpeg.bbd2a8437b780b66f2a8ff56127f472b.jpeg

Was just thinking about you and your surgery. Glad to see you’re home. What is the SPF rating on those stockings? 😂