Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Went well, Home around 1:00!!!2E0A0BED-EC30-4240-A2B9-228726423018.jpeg.c1b5a95d340c1357898fd242c7ff2c77.jpeg036CD2BE-9BDF-4E9B-8BB0-50809D86D4C5.jpeg.bbd2a8437b780b66f2a8ff56127f472b.jpeg

Speedy recovery Rick!  Ack on course and the BBZ in no time

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Went well, Home around 1:00!!!2E0A0BED-EC30-4240-A2B9-228726423018.jpeg.c1b5a95d340c1357898fd242c7ff2c77.jpeg036CD2BE-9BDF-4E9B-8BB0-50809D86D4C5.jpeg.bbd2a8437b780b66f2a8ff56127f472b.jpeg

Hope you have a quick recovery. I love the official golf tan lines on your arms. You represent the golfing community well.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Wow!  Glad to see you home!  I had to stay overnight until I had a bowel movement and be able to negotiate 2 steps by myself... but that was 8 years ago!!  Do your therapy!!  Painful but worth it.   Don't skip!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Speedy Recovery! @Rickp Wishing you an easy recovery and easy physical therapy!

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

Was just thinking about you and your surgery. Glad to see you’re home. What is the SPF rating on those stockings? 😂

I think SPF 120!!  Gotta wear to deter blood clots.

10 minutes ago, GrumpyGolf said:

Speedy Recovery! @Rickp Wishing you an easy recovery and easy physical therapy!

Thanks!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 5/25/2022 at 9:17 PM, CarlH said:

I haven't been talking much about my game lately.  Frankly, I was growing weary of talking about my poor play and I'm sure you guys were tired of hearing my whining 🙂  

IMG_0510.jpg

Don't worry I enjoy the whining. I think of it as a fine dining experience. You get to the restaurant, start off reading the menu, and before you know it your pallet is full and your ready to tell others about the experience in your own way.

At least your playing partners play the correct color ball! 

2 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

Don't worry I enjoy the whining. I think of it as a fine dining experience. You get to the restaurant, start off reading the menu, and before you know it your pallet is full and your ready to tell others about the experience in your own way.

At least your playing partners play the correct color ball! 

See @CarlH... I knew YB would love the whining.  YB is the Whine and Dine type.  😆

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Owen and I met up with our buddy Mark before work to play nine at River Heights.  Mark's a better golfer than we are and his striking was really solid today.  He went +2 and said it was his best round in a while.  Owen was +9 and I was +11, no worse than double bogey on any hole.

After a few rounds of teeing off with 3 wood I went back to driver and struggled at first before Mark noticed how low I had the tee.  Mental mistake there.  Once I adjusted the tee height (and also stopped unintentionally trying to kill it) I had a couple nice drives and even out drove the others on hole nine on my way to my only par.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Wow!  Glad to see you home!  I had to stay overnight until I had a bowel movement and be able to negotiate 2 steps by myself... but that was 8 years ago!!  Do your therapy!!  Painful but worth it.   Don't skip!

Almost same for me.  Had to Pee then take a walk up an down the hospital hallways.  Not sure how many but a lot.

lm amazed at the Process, surgery started @ 8:00 per SWMBO, she was watching the computer screen in the lobby that tracks patient progress. I woke up in recovery @ 10:00 they went thru all the vital then got dresses 11:00.  
physical therapy were there got me up and walking!!  SWMBO & my Buddy were there and after passing the minimum requirements we went home.

A home nurse and physical therapist will be here this afternoon.

Rick

Left Hand, 

11 hours ago, Rickp said:

Glad to hear it was a success.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

14 hours ago, chisag said:

... Impressive! I am learning Spanish but I have to admit I don't speak turtle.  

It's a close cousin to pig latin.  😛

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Get well soon Rick!! 

I suggest you keep wearing those stockings when you get playing again and stand nearby your opponents when they hit.  With your legs they will think they are near OB stakes and it will surely mess with their swing!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

21 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I had my worst round of the year yesterday.  Even though it didn't equate to my highest score of the year, if that makes sense.   Shot 99, worst this year was a 103 in one of the very first rounds. 

For the better part of the last 2 or 3 years, getting off the tee has been one of my more reliable areas.  I've made no secret of my lack of distance, an average drive for me these days is 205 to 210.   But I'm rarely in trouble off the tee...LOL how can you be only hitting it that far..ha

However yesterday was a day that I had no concept of what was going to happen when i took the club back.  I lost 7 balls off the tee, and that was hitting Driver, 3 wood, 7 wood and even two 5 irons (those weren't par 3 5 irons by the way..ha)

What saved me was my approach shots on par 3's.   Hit all 3/4 greens and was plus 1 on those for the day.   Couple that with a very good day putting.  Not so much in the number of putts 31, but some really good two putts making many of the 2nd putts from 6 to 8 feet.     

I hit 50% greens when I've been hitting 65% prior to that.  That 50% even includes those two 5 irons just to keep it in play and assure i wasn't going to run out of balls...ha   The misses off the tee were everything, pull hooks, a push slice,  low screaming bullet, even a top 🙄

The good news was the iron play was pretty solid, when given a chacne to hit one from a decent lie or position...ha

Oh well, as they say, tomorrow's another day.  It litteraly is as I'll be playing my next round int he US Am Tour...Oh Boy..this should be fun..ha

It seems that bad play always precedes an important event; at least it seems that way for me.  Once you get there, you'll do just fine... Anticipation vs. actually being there.

13 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Get well soon Rick!! 

I suggest you keep wearing those stockings when you get playing again and stand nearby your opponents when they hit.  With your legs they will think they are near OB stakes and it will surely mess with their swing!

The only way the Guys would notice the socks if they were Covered in Bacon 😜

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

The only way the Guys would notice the socks if they were Covered in Bacon 😜

Bacon makes everything better! ... except in golf, it doesn't make you a better golfer.

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip

- Harvey Penick

1 hour ago, GrumpyGolf said:

Bacon makes everything better! ... except in golf, it doesn't make you a better golfer.

I think it does!!  I've been eating bacon ever since I took up golf 31 years ago and I am a much better golfer than I was then .  🤣

2 hours ago, GrumpyGolf said:

I know about 20 who would disagree 😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I think it does!!  I've been eating bacon ever since I took up golf 31 years ago and I am a much better golfer than I was then .  🤣

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

I know about 20 who would disagree 😁

So I guess the answer is that bacon does make you a better golfer, you just have to eat enough of it over a lifetime to make sure the bacon grease makes your swing motion silky smooth. 😆

Edited by GrumpyGolf

- Harvey Penick

1 minute ago, GrumpyGolf said:

So I guess the answer is that bacon does make you a better golfer, you just have to eat enough of it over a lifetime to make sure the bacon grease makes your swing motion silky smooth. 😆

Something like !!

Rick

Left Hand, 

@Kenny Bputs bacon grease on his driver .... he swears that it reduces spin and he picks up 20+ yards!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

36 minutes ago, CarlH said:

@Kenny Bputs bacon grease on his driver .... he swears that it reduces spin and he picks up 20+ yards!

Better not send pictures to the PGA, he may get Matsuyamaed ... 🤣

- Harvey Penick

19 minutes ago, GrumpyGolf said:

Better not send pictures to the PGA, he may get Matsuyamaed ... 🤣

That's the beauty of it....bacon grease appears naked to the camera's eye 😄 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

40/44 at Beaverhead GC today.  I had to go to Dillon anyway to pick up some irrigation equipment and hate to waste the trip their or to Bozeman w/o trying to get a round in.  Crazy scoring.  3 birdies but 3 DB's.  Just one of those rounds where several really well hit drives ended up with part of a tree limb or tree-line to contend with.  I mean a yard forward or left or right and it's wide open... so aggravating this game we play.

There is no way Kenny wastes a perfectly good piece of bacon for 20 yards.

I'd waste the whole pig for 20 yards!!  That would almost get me up to your drives!!