TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

12 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I posted it in the goal thread but gotta post here too cuz I’m so damn excited!

34/38 EVEN PAR 72

11 Greens 12 Fairways 5 birdies 5 bogies Whoop Whoop!  A few chunked chips cost me a round in the 60’s. 

Great round!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Are these a couple of your Bacon Boyz??  🤣

image0.jpeg.ffd7b0c7ae370f573a741109b25524f2.jpeg

Unbelievable!!  Nope, nobody I know or want to know. An Angry Old Man.😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, DStar said:

Not me but took my youngest (7) to the practice ground for the 1st time yesterday. She's been asking to go for a while and finally had a chance as the wife is away and her sister was at a youth bible group.

She really enjoyed it and, even though the club is still a little long for her, managed to hit some good shots so is keen to go again. This is her 1st time hitting proper golf balls. I'm chuffed she's a lefty too 🙂 

Great job, love seeing kids out there!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

We are a muni and are pins are moved Tue-Thu-Sat and Sun.  Fridays and Saturdays are our busiest golf days of the week.  They do a pretty good job most of the time... no volcanoes, but sometimes the holes are not always cut vertically.  My wife thinks that if one side of the inside of a hole is a little more visible, then the ball breaks... I know better!  🤣

I switched to 'home' being a muni this year. It's a course I've played several times anyways and it fits my game well. One of those courses built in the 60s and 70s when they were making big ballparks. A pretty straightforward layout that stretches to 6800. Plus they have 36 holes so get to mix it up a little bit more. The metroparks took it over from Cle and renovated 27 of the holes. The other 9 is still open, but hasn't be updated yet. They put the walk-ons over there. They did expand a lot of the greens on the course, and I know it takes a few years for that to actually grow in. So there's a lot I'm still getting used to I guess. 

They do a player's club card that gives you 20% back on all your rounds at any metroparks course. They run 5 full courses, plus 2 executives, and a par 3. 3 of their courses are 5 minutes from my house, and the furthest is just over 30. the card cost $30 to join but they give you a free 9-hole pass and a $5 merchandise coupon, so basically break even right away. I bought a sleeve of AVX the same day I signed up.

https://www.clevelandmetroparks.com/golf/courses/seneca-golf-course

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1 hour ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I switched to 'home' being a muni this year. It's a course I've played several times anyways and it fits my game well. One of those courses built in the 60s and 70s when they were making big ballparks. A pretty straightforward layout that stretches to 6800. Plus they have 36 holes so get to mix it up a little bit more. The metroparks took it over from Cle and renovated 27 of the holes. The other 9 is still open, but hasn't be updated yet. They put the walk-ons over there. They did expand a lot of the greens on the course, and I know it takes a few years for that to actually grow in. So there's a lot I'm still getting used to I guess. 

They do a player's club card that gives you 20% back on all your rounds at any metroparks course. They run 5 full courses, plus 2 executives, and a par 3. 3 of their courses are 5 minutes from my house, and the furthest is just over 30. the card cost $30 to join but they give you a free 9-hole pass and a $5 merchandise coupon, so basically break even right away. I bought a sleeve of AVX the same day I signed up.

https://www.clevelandmetroparks.com/golf/courses/seneca-golf-course

Our muni has a Player's Card that gets you 1/2 off any rate, any time even holidays/weekend; plus two free rounds and two cart rentals.  My wife and I opted to join the club as members because we play enough that a full membership made more sense.  We also get the equivalent of the Player's Card at our sister course across the river... run by the same management firm.

We don't have enough golf courses for our population.  The last course built in the area was 25 years ago and we've grown over 250K people since then.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Are these a couple of your Bacon Boyz??  🤣

image0.jpeg.ffd7b0c7ae370f573a741109b25524f2.jpeg

As someone born in Florida, went to school in Florida, and spent more than a few years of my adult life in Florida, this is why there is a meme for "Florida Man ..."  Sad to say this is more of a dog bites man story in Florida than a man bites dog.  😜🤪🤣

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

19 minutes ago, GrumpyGolf said:

As someone born in Florida, went to school in Florida, and spent more than a few years of my adult life in Florida, this is why there is a meme for "Florida Man ..."  Sad to say this is more of a dog bites man story in Florida than a man bites dog.  😜🤪🤣

And I thought everyone in The Villages moved there from the cold North.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

15 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

And I thought everyone in The Villages moved there from the cold North.

What happens is they move from the cold confines of the north and then get their brains microwaved in 100 degree 100 percent humidity weather and viola, instant Florida Man ... 

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

45 minutes ago, GrumpyGolf said:

What happens is they move from the cold confines of the north and then get their brains microwaved in 100 degree 100 percent humidity weather and viola, instant Florida Man ... 

still don’t get why he “popped” the guy other than being a mean Ole P!$&.  The Exec this happened at is in the older section of The Villages (TV) so maybe these guys had a history.  I’ve seen Guys get Hot over different things over the years but I’ve never seen anything that would lead to this in my 10 years here.  
Some people are just mean spirited.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I don't think the heavy stuff is coming down yet.....

image.jpeg.a2b7e1cc247e6ce02fb547b15c76fd28.jpeg

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

22 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I don't think the heavy stuff is coming down yet.....

image.jpeg.a2b7e1cc247e6ce02fb547b15c76fd28.jpeg

That stuff was coming down this morning with a lot more ahead of it so I cancelled my spot in a group with my buddy and logged into work remotely. Of course, 20 mins after our time it stopped raining and is now gorgeous. I'm still working and my buddy is enjoying the back 9. 😤

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Beautiful day for 9 holes. Things got backed up behind a morning league but enjoyable none the less. My driver was was mostly good today. Only 2 slices, were bookends on 1 and 9 but the other 5 drives found the fairway or just off. Was in the sand on 3 holes and got out with par chances but 2 putted so no sand saves. I found water twice. It was on my two nemesis holes LOL. I feel like things are close to clicking but this being golf that can change quicker than DJ’s allegiance to the PGA Tour.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Our muni has a Player's Card that gets you 1/2 off any rate, any time even holidays/weekend; plus two free rounds and two cart rentals.  My wife and I opted to join the club as members because we play enough that a full membership made more sense.  We also get the equivalent of the Player's Card at our sister course across the river... run by the same management firm.

We don't have enough golf courses for our population.  The last course built in the area was 25 years ago and we've grown over 250K people since then.

That's a sweet deal too. Cleveland is one of the areas where population isn't booming, but our population is shifting. Cleveland itself is a small city, but we have a very extensive suburban development that isn't like the majority of the US. We did have close to 20 courses close around 2018, and we lost 2 last year. One became an Amazon warehouse (a Stanley Thompson on top of it). The other was a course demolishing their old, poorly kept 18 to build a new 9 & add cluster homes. The other 18 at that course may be some of the nicest conditions in the area, so really looking forward to that new 9. 

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

2 hours ago, edingc said:

Continuing to battle a crazy work schedule, so a couple of mostly unremarkable nines to start my week instead of 18. I nabbed an eagle on the short par 4 on the back nine at home on Tuesday - 245ish-yard uphill Super Hybrid to 10 feet and drained the putt.

I did get away today for a charity four-person scramble. We ended up -8 playing without any of the optional "cheats" that we could have purchased. If we had sunk $60 into things we probably would have ended up -14 or so. Based on the early scores that came in before we left -8 was probably middle of the pack.

Good and bad to the round. The good was that my driver finally came around. Made a small tweak to my setup after a miserable couple of opening holes and started pounding beautiful straight/slight fades on command 280+ total, with the best I figure coming closer to 295. 

The bad, and I hate to admit this, is that I was the guy who hit up into the group in front of us. I HATE that. Unfamiliar course, shorter par 4, and I piped a dead straight, long drive that landed very close to where the group in front of us was parked near the green. I should have trusted the number I had on the GPS and waited. Felt awful... and profusely apologized. Still bugs me though.

Good for you on the apology.  People hit up into me all the time and I never get an apology.

Played a practice round today, working out little bugs 

Its always something isn’t it?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

On 6/8/2022 at 4:16 PM, edingc said:

The bad, and I hate to admit this, is that I was the guy who hit up into the group in front of us. I HATE that. Unfamiliar course, shorter par 4, and I piped a dead straight, long drive that landed very close to where the group in front of us was parked near the green. I should have trusted the number I had on the GPS and waited. Felt awful... and profusely apologized. Still bugs me though.

I had this happen last week and on a course that I literally know every blade of grass on. #10 at Springfield. From the back tees, it's a good 340 to the front of the green. Never in 5 years of playing this course have I ever come within 25 yds of the front fringe. Well on Sunday I apparently summoned my inner Hulkamania and cranked one down the middle, and actually ran a ball through the front right section of the green.  Luckily the pin was placed on the back upper shelf but as I got closer I saw that the group in front was still putting and I immediately ran up to apologize. 

Luckily nobody even knew that my ball rolled through the green because they were on a different part of it and the guys were cool enough to congratulate the bomb drive. 

I've been on the receiving end and usually am pretty cool about it if it happens once or maybe if the hole is a blind dogleg or dips down over a hill. But I've also been hit into on multiple occasions by the same group AND when the course is packed so nobody's going anywhere, that's when things get a lot less acceptable and a "look here bro" convo needed to be had. Doesn't happen very often but those people are out there in the world and unfortunately we have to cross paths from time to time. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

39 tonight in the league with some not great putts, but good short game. The one thing I need to be a big cognizant of with my All Gas, No Breaks approach to iron shots is in wedges. If I strike them good with speed, they spin up and launch higher with that Hi Toe design raising CG, so they do come up short more often. I guess it's a good problem to have if you know what's actually going on when your course rewarded higher spin to actually stop shots

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I hit the ball really well again on couples league last night. I am about 5 weeks in on my latest internet swing thought and it continues to work.

Driver: :cobra-small: LTDx
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 6-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   
bloodline(2).png.8f7245797de1f39b93a647d0292c1b2b.png Vale
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Owen and I played 18 at River Heights this morning, joined by our friend Mark on the front nine.  Poor Mark couldn't putt to save his life, three-putting pretty much every hole.  Up to the green he was pretty on point but was in his head badly by the third hole. 

Owen had the funniest shot of the round where he managed to flop his hybrid, not on purpose though.  Besides issues with his hybrid and his eight iron, he played well today and shot 87.

I fought my driver all day until the last few holes; again its an issue of me unconsciously trying to kill it.  Once I reined that in I was stroking it pretty good.  In fact, if it weren't for a few water balls I would have broken 90 for the first time.  My putting was actually a strength today.  Had a lot of long putts that were close, and after fiddling with my grip a bit I was able to hit on my line with regularity.  My irons have continued their comeback and I finally feel confident with them once again.  Overall I shot 48/44 92 (+20) with three pars and a birdie.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter