TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

6 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

Sammy Hagar may not be able to drive 55 but I can score that for 9. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Driver was spraying today, with the return of an ugly slice. I’m getting proficient at chipping out of trouble. Bah. I found water on 3 different holes. Two in the same pond, one on 3 and one 6. My putting was good, several tap ins and lip outs. Two 1 putts and one 3 putt. Of all the clubs in my bag my  4 iron is my most consistent club.

Laughing with ya, not at ya.  Sometimes its good to get one of these dumpster fires out of the way now and then. 😆

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 6/14/2022 at 8:48 AM, Thin2win said:

On Sunday afternoon I got a hall pass to get out and go golf for a 3 hour window between the responsibilities of life. I met up with a single on the first tee. Nice guy, grew up right beside the course but only started playing last year in the covid boom. a college baseball player, and once he works out a consistent golf swing he is going to mash the golf ball.

My game was fine, my short game was really good. 11 putts through 9 holes and a -1 total score. I got a par on 10, then birdied 11 to get to -2 for the round. This was easily the lowest score I have had on a course this late in a round. But... my 3 hour hall pass expired and I had to head off the course and to Home Depot to pickup some drywall screws and thin set... Yep, I left my best round going ever to get back to remodeling a bathroom...

Next time you need help making a decision like this, reach out, we're here for you. 🙂

7 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Played a very tough course today, greens were rock hard and fairways were as well. Chips hit the front of the greens and they were gone right over the back. Hit 10 yards short bounce and roll off the green. I tried to hit high spin shots and they didn’t even stay. I also had some high spin shots that the club bounced and caused me to mishit the ball. I’m not happy with the round by any means but for how hard it was my friend who is normally a par golfer scored mid 80s and I shot 95. I’m consistently scoring similar rounds on different courses even when having bad days so I’m happy with that.

You can watch more golf under those conditions the next 4 days; maybe pick up a few pointers.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Struggled a bit with ball striking, and rainy, soggy conditions exasperated my issues. Green speed varied by about 2, and at one point mid-transition my foot sank an inch into the ground just off the fairway. 
On the bright side, at least I’m getting all the bad shots out of my system before the PNW Spy meet. 

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You can watch more golf under those conditions the next 4 days; maybe pick up a few pointers.  😂

The sand at the US Open isn’t concrete hard so I think we played harder conditions 😂😂😂. I can put spin on a ball but no matter how much I tried it was a no go. The rough was short so that doesn’t compare either but I will watch Kenny and hope I could hit shots like them as per normal 

2 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

The sand at the US Open isn’t concrete hard so I think we played harder conditions 😂😂😂. I can put spin on a ball but no matter how much I tried it was a no go. The rough was short so that doesn’t compare either but I will watch Kenny and hope I could hit shots like them as per normal 

I spent some time in our practice bunker; quite hard, very little sand.  I did pretty well getting over a high lip with my high bounce 60º ...  probably my next time in a bunker on the course, the sand will be deep and fluffy! 🙄

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

14 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Played a very tough course today, greens were rock hard and fairways were as well. Chips hit the front of the greens and they were gone right over the back. Hit 10 yards short bounce and roll off the green. I tried to hit high spin shots and they didn’t even stay. I also had some high spin shots that the club bounced and caused me to mishit the ball. I’m not happy with the round by any means but for how hard it was my friend who is normally a par golfer scored mid 80s and I shot 95. I’m consistently scoring similar rounds on different courses even when having bad days so I’m happy with that.

Man hate you played our course without calling me--- I am sad---- Oh wait you did not say anything about the 5/8 aeration holes----- Our course and range has been closed this week except for morning league play---- I did go up to the Tourist Trap range / Executive course up the road Monday and hit a small bucket which was all I could afford at their prices. I ended up doing very limited net work here at the house to stay loose since it is so hot and humid. The Shootout is on for Saturday and I am on the fence about playing. I basically "gave away" the team I had formed because I had one guy after I put the team together start inviting others without telling me anything. I told him last week it was now his team that he was responsible for signing up under his name and calling players I was out. We were having like 5 or 6 players showing up. Next week my running partner will be back from Pennsylvania where he also maintains a residence and we are putting the old team back together. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Man hate you played our course without calling me--- I am sad---- Oh wait you did not say anything about the 5/8 aeration holes----- Our course and range has been closed this week except for morning league play---- I did go up to the Tourist Trap range / Executive course up the road Monday and hit a small bucket which was all I could afford at their prices. I ended up doing very limited net work here at the house to stay loose since it is so hot and humid. The Shootout is on for Saturday and I am on the fence about playing. I basically "gave away" the team I had formed because I had one guy after I put the team together start inviting others without telling me anything. I told him last week it was now his team that he was responsible for signing up under his name and calling players I was out. We were having like 5 or 6 players showing up. Next week my running partner will be back from Pennsylvania where he also maintains a residence and we are putting the old team back together. 

Trust me Stu if I was in your area you’d know I’d be golfing with you 

19 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Trust me Stu if I was in your area you’d know I’d be golfing with you 

Trust me I know LOL chalk it up to "Firehouse Humor" from a retired Volunteer Firefighter. I sensed you needed it this AM

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

Trust me I know LOL chalk it up to "Firehouse Humor" from a retired Volunteer Firefighter. I sensed you needed it this AM

Tom's avatar kind of gives it away but I wonder how many more of the forum members are full time active or volunteer FD?  I joined our AVFD in 2016 after I retired.  We'd only been here about 6 months when the assistant chief stops his tractor on the bench road my wife, I and River (our lab) were walking.  He say's "hey, I hear you're interested in joining the FD".  

Another guy at church I had met does the equipment maintenance.  I had told him that if he ever needed help turning wrenches to give me a shout.  Funny, the English language is 😆.  

A former friend/neighbor in WA sent me a signed copy of Michael Perry's "Population 485" (meeting your neighbors one siren at a time). A really great read that so closely reflects rural life.

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Tom's avatar kind of gives it away but I wonder how many more of the forum members are full time active or volunteer FD?  I joined our AVFD in 2016 after I retired.  We'd only been here about 6 months when the assistant chief stops his tractor on the bench road my wife, I and River (our lab) were walking.  He say's "hey, I hear you're interested in joining the FD".  

Another guy at church I had met does the equipment maintenance.  I had told him that if he ever needed help turning wrenches to give me a shout.  Funny, the English language is 😆.  

A former friend/neighbor in WA sent me a signed copy of Michael Perry's "Population 485" (meeting your neighbors one siren at a time). A really great read that so closely reflects rural life.

Ben and I are two of the career guys here. I do know there are a few others I’ve seen their intro posts, but I don’t know how many are very active continually like we are

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Next week my running partner will be back from Pennsylvania where he also maintains a residence and we are putting the old team back together. 

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

THATS IT!!!!! It will be a blast

G

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Ben and I are two of the career guys here. I do know there are a few others I’ve seen their intro posts, but I don’t know how many are very active continually like we are

My hat is off to you guys I was never paid but did the volunteer thing on and off for 20 years or so.

But you know folks think any firefighter is touched in the head because " When others run out of a burning building we run in WFO"

G

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Getting into some uncharted territory. Apologies as I'm waxing poetic for a bit here, but it's been a crazy week of golf.

Played 18 on Tuesday, continued my poor tee game, and this time threw in some bad putting. Still, anytime you have three double bogies and lose two balls in a round, 84 feels like a decent score.

Played 9 yesterday. Kept the ball in play, didn't hit it well overall, but my short game and putter were on fire. Two birdies, two bogeys for an even par 36.

I had a lesson yesterday morning and it basically confirmed that I was never going to play very good golf consistently unless I made some changes. My coach gave me a few takeaways, I hit about 20 range balls in total afterward and figured my round this morning would be garbage.

In a wild turn of events, I played out of my mind this morning. Three birdies on the front had me making the turn one under. I managed to keep that up all the way to 16, where I started to get uncomfortable and my driver fell apart. I hit one of the worst slices I've had in a long time and doubled the hole. After an "OK" drive on 17, I hit a very chunky pitching wedge to 60 feet but escaped with a pretty improbable two-putt par. One-over heading to No. 18.

Another poor drive (did I mention I just felt very uncomfortable all of a sudden?) left me 150 out, over trees, from the wrong fairway. Not exactly scoring position, but I had an angle. Grabbed my pitching wedge, and just flushed a beautiful shot that climbed over the trees. It hit three feet past the pin and rolled back to about a foot. Tap-in birdie to finish at even par.

So that's now 27 consecutive holes at even par. Definitely progress.

What a game we play!

IMG_16062022_101404_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg.cf8de329ab73193264698ebf51bdf95d.jpg

So next time you are in that position, you will feel less uncomfortable.  😉

On 6/13/2022 at 11:59 PM, BIG STU said:

Man you do get around. It was so humid here yesterday that you could cut it with a knife. They aerated the greens at Indigo last week and the course was closed Wednesday through Sunday but they did play the Shootout Saturday. This week they are opening for the morning mostly league play and closing the afternoons to water the greens. I agreed with that decision because those greens as you saw are stressed out and we are within inches of loosing all of them. I know all last week the Mens and Ladies leagues played elsewhere and we had a sparse turn out Saturday. I think the morning deal this week is because the leagues raised the devil about going elsewhere and they are scared of loosing that base of players. Some of them are selfish and could care less if we lose the greens or not. I did put together 2 teams last week for AJ and he called me yesterday and I think I have 2 put together for this Saturday I know I have at least one because I gave my recent team to one of the guys that was trying to take over anyhow. My old running partner will be back from his Native Pennsylvania a week from Saturday so we are putting that team back together again. Yesterday I did go up to Tupelo and hit a small bucket of balls and putted some. Like I told AJ if those guys do not show up for the one team I can do the tag along thing or go home whatever. 

I do get around a bit. Im in Kansas City right now. Played Falcon Valley this morning before my meetings. I'll post on Southern Hills soon. If not tonight then it will be on Saturday when I'm back in TN.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

91% relative humidity this morning… in California no less…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

3 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Sorry for the length.

My experience at Southern Hills is complete. It wasn’t a round of golf but rather an unforgettable experience. As soon as you get to the main gate you are greeted by an attendant in a suit. You pull up to the bag drop and your car is unloaded for you, your bags are put on a reserved cart. You are directed to the men’s locker room and assigned a locker for the day. This was a locker room like no other! Once you are ready to roll and get back outside you are given a caddy. We did about a five minute range warm up and another five on the putting green.

A little bit about the course conditions to start. The temperature was 94 degrees and it was windy. You had to wait between gusts to hit.  The rough, fairway and greens were still at the tour conditions. In fact most of the tents were still up and a few were in the process of being taken down. Talk about fast greens! Glad we hit the practice green. The rough was about 4 inches deep but it was a soft airy type of turf. The ball would just disappear and you had to be right over it to see it. But if you found it you did not lose that much distance hitting back out as long as you came down on the back of the ball. Trying to sweep though was not an option. The fairways were fast as get out. I now can see why the Pro’s get so much roll. I’m a decent driver of the ball off the tee for my age but the distance increase was welcomed. You easily got another 25 to 35 yards. As an example on hole #13 a par five of 495yards I only had 200 yards left. The course layout was amazing. My only complaint was the sand in the bunkers. It wasn’t sand it was like very small stones. It’s hard to describe but here is a picture. I’m good out of the sand but if you got one of those pebbles between the ball and the club you didn’t know where it was going. And it was all hard packed.

1813970404_BunkerSand.jpg.cb8cbd13a6f15b2554129b37eb3601b0.jpg

The caddy was young but was helpful finding any balls that missed the fairway. Unfortunately some of his suggestions on what yardage to hit on lay ups was a bit off and his reading of the putts for some of the guys was just ok. After several holes I turned him off in my head and just trusted my own judgement. Then I was playing much better. The pars started coming and then a birdie thrown in here and there. This was a challenging layout to say the least. You had to know where to hit and how far to hit and take into consideration the roll you were going to get.

On the first hole I learned what not to do. I hit a great drive but it kept on rolling, crossed the fairway and rolled in the fairway bunker. I learned the sand was not real sand and the bunkers are deep. You have to take your medicine and just get out. Now out and going for the green I only had 60 yards to green center. I hit a perfect lob wedge. High and right at the pin. It landed about 3 feet from the pin and the caddy said that was perfect. The ball was just barely crawling toward the cup then the wind picked up and now my ball was 20 yards off the green. Chip back up and two putt for a double.

552639094_1sttee.jpg.f528f356d261bcfce44c6357f03de882.jpg

The second hole was the number 1 handicap hole and I made par which impressed the caddy. Not to mention I was pleased with myself after a rough opening hole. I got onto another par three and was the first to tee it up. I hit a great shot into the green and the ball sat about 15 feet from the pin. The other three guy hit but did not get on the green. Then another wind gust came and then my ball was gone. I get around the back side of the green and it was now 40 feet off the back. With the re-design of the golf course they rounded off all the greens to add challenge. Not fun for mere mortals. Another thing that was interesting. I never got to hit a 3 wood or a 5 wood all day. The par fives greens were so well guarded that going for them in two would be a life altering experience. The others in my group tried and failed miserably. I played smart, layed up and made pars. I don’t think I ever played a course with that many bunkers.

421567387_Par5approach.jpg.63c869bee45c845ac3751f4193b8d10d.jpg

As we got toward the end of the round I was looking forward to hole 18 after watching it on TV. I hit a great drive on 18 leaving 192 yards to the uphill green surrounded by bunkers. Last hole no  no glory. I pulled my 7 wood and crushed it up onto the green 15 feet below the pin. My member friend said “in the 16 years I have been playing here with other friends and members, it was the first time he ever seen anybody on the green in two.” After finishing up I couldn’t have been happier with the day and the experience on the course. Let me say that the dining areas in the club house were nice and the food we had for dinner was amazing. I had a filet and it was probably one of the best I ever had (and I have been to a lot of good places). 

1463303111_TheBoys.jpg.250659e75c6cb48d7f3df9cab9e7b352.jpg 

1794482903_number9.jpg.df442d2dfcafe7a5f98c4c7c9b036b8b.jpg

Statue.jpg.548d8e166c887a590d2419abbfa7b755.jpg 

Let me say that this course was no joke. Placement of the ball was critical. The worst round shot in the PGA Championship was an 80. So my goal was to break 80. Did I do it? No. But I was so freaking close with an 81. There were a few doubles, some bogies a bunch of pars and two birdies. The front nine was rougher on the score card due to figuring things out and learning that the caddy was not always right. I shot a 42 on the front. The back 9 I did on my own and pulled out a 39. The yardage was 6306 with a rating of 72.2 with a slope of 134. I think if I got to play it again I could pull off breaking 80 there.  My playing partners scores were 109, 101, and 93. The 93 came from another single digit handicapper.  

Sounds fun except the walking part ( for me) And I will debate you here old buddy you are more than a decent driver of the ball you crush it. You also crush your fairway woods. I will also say you had a great round for a first time on that course. I would also bet 2 to 1 that if you played that course a couple more times you could easily break 80 with your game. Even with a local caddie and a local player one has to get used to the lies you get in the rough and the texture of the traps for sure.

G

6 hours ago, CarlH said:

Today was MGA day and the format was a Ryder Cup style game.  2 man teams, 6 best ball, 6 scramble, and 6 alternate shot.  I was very pleased with my personal play today.  Couple of oops, but good play all around.  Played the 6 best ball holes at 2 over gross (1 under net).  My partner and I came in at 4 under (net) for the round which gave us 4th place in our flight (flighted by tees played) which paid $0.00.  After the round, we had a nice shrimp boil dinner for the MGA that was really good!

Yep I love events like that now---- For me now it is not about money and prizes it is all about the fun. Basically even though it is a scramble our Saturday Shootouts are always like that.

G

5 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Sorry for the length.

My experience at Southern Hills is complete. It wasn’t a round of golf but rather an unforgettable experience. As soon as you get to the main gate you are greeted by an attendant in a suit. You pull up to the bag drop and your car is unloaded for you, your bags are put on a reserved cart. You are directed to the men’s locker room and assigned a locker for the day. This was a locker room like no other! Once you are ready to roll and get back outside you are given a caddy. We did about a five minute range warm up and another five on the putting green.

A little bit about the course conditions to start. The temperature was 94 degrees and it was windy. You had to wait between gusts to hit.  The rough, fairway and greens were still at the tour conditions. In fact most of the tents were still up and a few were in the process of being taken down. Talk about fast greens! Glad we hit the practice green. The rough was about 4 inches deep but it was a soft airy type of turf. The ball would just disappear and you had to be right over it to see it. But if you found it you did not lose that much distance hitting back out as long as you came down on the back of the ball. Trying to sweep though was not an option. The fairways were fast as get out. I now can see why the Pro’s get so much roll. I’m a decent driver of the ball off the tee for my age but the distance increase was welcomed. You easily got another 25 to 35 yards. As an example on hole #13 a par five of 495yards I only had 200 yards left. The course layout was amazing. My only complaint was the sand in the bunkers. It wasn’t sand it was like very small stones. It’s hard to describe but here is a picture. I’m good out of the sand but if you got one of those pebbles between the ball and the club you didn’t know where it was going. And it was all hard packed.

1813970404_BunkerSand.jpg.cb8cbd13a6f15b2554129b37eb3601b0.jpg

The caddy was young but was helpful finding any balls that missed the fairway. Unfortunately some of his suggestions on what yardage to hit on lay ups was a bit off and his reading of the putts for some of the guys was just ok. After several holes I turned him off in my head and just trusted my own judgement. Then I was playing much better. The pars started coming and then a birdie thrown in here and there. This was a challenging layout to say the least. You had to know where to hit and how far to hit and take into consideration the roll you were going to get.

On the first hole I learned what not to do. I hit a great drive but it kept on rolling, crossed the fairway and rolled in the fairway bunker. I learned the sand was not real sand and the bunkers are deep. You have to take your medicine and just get out. Now out and going for the green I only had 60 yards to green center. I hit a perfect lob wedge. High and right at the pin. It landed about 3 feet from the pin and the caddy said that was perfect. The ball was just barely crawling toward the cup then the wind picked up and now my ball was 20 yards off the green. Chip back up and two putt for a double.

552639094_1sttee.jpg.f528f356d261bcfce44c6357f03de882.jpg

The second hole was the number 1 handicap hole and I made par which impressed the caddy. Not to mention I was pleased with myself after a rough opening hole. I got onto another par three and was the first to tee it up. I hit a great shot into the green and the ball sat about 15 feet from the pin. The other three guy hit but did not get on the green. Then another wind gust came and then my ball was gone. I get around the back side of the green and it was now 40 feet off the back. With the re-design of the golf course they rounded off all the greens to add challenge. Not fun for mere mortals. Another thing that was interesting. I never got to hit a 3 wood or a 5 wood all day. The par fives greens were so well guarded that going for them in two would be a life altering experience. The others in my group tried and failed miserably. I played smart, layed up and made pars. I don’t think I ever played a course with that many bunkers.

421567387_Par5approach.jpg.63c869bee45c845ac3751f4193b8d10d.jpg

As we got toward the end of the round I was looking forward to hole 18 after watching it on TV. I hit a great drive on 18 leaving 192 yards to the uphill green surrounded by bunkers. Last hole no  no glory. I pulled my 7 wood and crushed it up onto the green 15 feet below the pin. My member friend said “in the 16 years I have been playing here with other friends and members, it was the first time he ever seen anybody on the green in two.” After finishing up I couldn’t have been happier with the day and the experience on the course. Let me say that the dining areas in the club house were nice and the food we had for dinner was amazing. I had a filet and it was probably one of the best I ever had (and I have been to a lot of good places). 

1463303111_TheBoys.jpg.250659e75c6cb48d7f3df9cab9e7b352.jpg 

1794482903_number9.jpg.df442d2dfcafe7a5f98c4c7c9b036b8b.jpg

Statue.jpg.548d8e166c887a590d2419abbfa7b755.jpg 

Let me say that this course was no joke. Placement of the ball was critical. The worst round shot in the PGA Championship was an 80. So my goal was to break 80. Did I do it? No. But I was so freaking close with an 81. There were a few doubles, some bogies a bunch of pars and two birdies. The front nine was rougher on the score card due to figuring things out and learning that the caddy was not always right. I shot a 42 on the front. The back 9 I did on my own and pulled out a 39. The yardage was 6306 with a rating of 72.2 with a slope of 134. I think if I got to play it again I could pull off breaking 80 there.  My playing partners scores were 109, 101, and 93. The 93 came from another single digit handicapper.  

It sounds like you had a great experience at Southern Hills and that's a great score, Tom. To be able to get that low with those conditions is a testament of how good your game is. I'm glad you had a good time and I hope you have a safe trip home. 

3 hours ago, Micah T said:

75 today at the Siena club: I’m beginning to realize I’m good for about 5-6 bogeys a round, and it’s only a matter of if I’ll get any birdies to balance those out. Chip-in eagle and a birdie on the back 9 gave me a 39/36. Only 9/18 Gir but 9/14 Fir… got up and down like a boss today 6/9. Plus my wife shot her new personal best of 80!

0471E58B-4EB0-443F-956B-2BB6C3D3BDE5.jpeg

Good Shootin----- Hey there are not any pictures or explainations on the score card---- This may sound strange but these days my most fun rounds are those I scramble in. Of course for me it reminds me of my younger days playing. In those days my FIRs and GIRs literally sucked but I could get up and down out of a trash can. I think that is one of the reasons I enjoy my vintage golf so much. Good example I know darn well for a fact I can not hit a 2 iron 220 any more but will try anyhow and come up short by 40 yards or so. Next challenge getting it up and down and another fun factor for me is at least I tried to hit the 2 iron and that is fun within itself. Really now days I do not sweat the score except in the weekly Shootout and there I will try my best and I do have fun. Do not keep a real handicap only one for my purposes which there I do not know why since I do not take golf so seriously any more

G