Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

On 6/26/2022 at 10:42 AM, chisag said:

... I wish I knew someone in Law Enforcement I could have called. Played with two 30somethings last year at Starpass in Tucson and one pulled his tee shot almost hitting a huge Saguaro so then they decided to TRY and hit it with several balls until they did. After the first attempt I told them it was against the law and one replied "so are a lot of other fun things"  We told them to go ahead of us and after several weak insults they did. We reported them to the ranger and he said without video evidence nothing he could do but he would talk to them. He catches up with us later and said they were "too polite" in denying everything and had no idea why we would lie or stop playing with them, which of course is pretty much an admission without being an admission. The guys in the video remind me of the two we played with:

https://www.iheart.com/content/2020-12-07-golfer-takes-aim-at-protected-saguaro-cactus-in-viral-video/

Mental midgets 🙄

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

3 hours ago, MattF said:

Got out early yesterday at Windmill and shot an 82 with 29 putts. Played in 2 hours 35 minutes, walking.

Nice pace, I like it.   About the same here, did 1 hour 20 minutes going out the other day and had the same pace coming in until running into a group of snails. 

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

23 hours ago, MattF said:

Got out early yesterday at Windmill and shot an 82 with 29 putts. Played in 2 hours 35 minutes, walking. Back out there again the next 3 days.

I hit 2 shots on 16 to test two 3 hybrids. The Sub70 393X 3 is on the right and the Maltby KE4 HDI is on the left. You could throw a towel over them.

1471855630_3hybrids.jpg.614addd06db568276ed974ff779e7752.jpg

Actually both of those are great sticks--- Hard choice I know

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

9 hours ago, Syks7 said:

I'll preface today by saying I played really well.  I just got in my own way a few times.  42/41 83.     

71% FIR

51 % GIR

37 Putts... including 3 three putts, but also a 45' putt to save par on 18.

2 up and downs 

10 Pars 

3 doubles....  

One of the doubles I deserved, shanked a shot behind a tree and was happy to walk away with a double.  One was a bad three putt.    The last one was just poor focus on approach.  Both other three putts came on holes 1 and two and I just didn't have the speed right.  Left myself some 6-8 footers to clean up.  Those were my only sloppy holes.  Everything else was clean, even the bogies. 

One of these days I'm going to get out of my own way and finally break 80.  

On a side note, I think I might have joined the Mizuno gang forever today.  I just groove with these old MP60s.  (They also look, feel, and sound amazing too.)  They're perfect on the Modus 115s and I feel like I have total command with them.  It's interesting, they're a club weaker loft wise compared to my 639 CBs, but only about 1/2 a club shorter in actual distance.  

Sometimes the card does not tell the adventure involved---- I have had some good scores on the card but on face value it was an ugly round. And then it can be puzzling I felt I hit the ball good and could not score. One of the funniest rounds I ever had was in a Mini Tour event at a course right behind me. Had 9 birdies ( not in a row) in one round and shot an 80 had only one par that day and it was a chip in on a Par 3. LOL that kept me in the running on the side skins pot. Needless to say took most of both side skins pot in fact I won more that day than the winner did. Golf can be a fickle Biotch

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

10 hours ago, Syks7 said:

I'll preface today by saying I played really well.  I just got in my own way a few times.  42/41 83.     

71% FIR

51 % GIR

37 Putts... including 3 three putts, but also a 45' putt to save par on 18.

2 up and downs 

10 Pars 

3 doubles....  

One of the doubles I deserved, shanked a shot behind a tree and was happy to walk away with a double.  One was a bad three putt.    The last one was just poor focus on approach.  Both other three putts came on holes 1 and two and I just didn't have the speed right.  Left myself some 6-8 footers to clean up.  Those were my only sloppy holes.  Everything else was clean, even the bogies. 

One of these days I'm going to get out of my own way and finally break 80.  

On a side note, I think I might have joined the Mizuno gang forever today.  I just groove with these old MP60s.  (They also look, feel, and sound amazing too.)  They're perfect on the Modus 115s and I feel like I have total command with them.  It's interesting, they're a club weaker loft wise compared to my 639 CBs, but only about 1/2 a club shorter in actual distance.  

Mizunos are great sticks. Sounds like you have them set up good for you with your shaft choice. Do not sweat the distance difference accuracy is the key here. Does not bother me one iota when someone says well I blew over such and such green with my PW. Ok cool I took my antique 8 iron and put it to 10 feet whats the point? Now right now with our bad greens and my streaky putting as of late we will not discuss the putt at this time. I have had people say to me "well if you had some Insert brand clubs you could have hit a wedge" Who cares ? I know what I can do with the 40 year old 8 iron. Hey I know guys that would hit like a 6 hybrid to the same accurate distance. I joke somewhat about the putter. One of my running partners says our crappy greens along with my expectaions of myself have gotten into my head; I did go to a neighboring course that has pretty decent greens Monday and practiced putting some and did ok. My partner called me last night and we talked about putting and he is a good putter himself. We think for both of us the crappy greens are getting in to both of our heads. We are signed up for the Shootout this Saturday. We both agreed if the greens have not improved any we may pull out of the Shootout after this week and play something somewhere else. Long story about our greens

G

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

One of my running partners says our crappy greens along with my expectaions of myself have gotten into my head; I did go to a neighboring course that has pretty decent greens Monday and practiced putting some and did ok. My partner called me last night and we talked about putting and he is a good putter himself. We think for both of us the crappy greens are getting in to both of our heads. We are signed up for the Shootout this Saturday. We both agreed if the greens have not improved any we may pull out of the Shootout after this week and play something somewhere else. Long story about our greens

It did amaze me when we played at your course the difference from when I played it many years ago. Your course has a great layout but they are just not keeping the conditions of the course up to the standards of the area. The greens were in desperate need of being cut a little shorter and needed to be rolled at least twice a week for awhile to make them puttable. You never knew where the ball would go.  Kind of reminded me of the Weeble toy song from the 70's. "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down"  Just like the putts! I thought I was just having a bad putting day but all of us were having issues. Then I played another course in NC two days later and was draining everything. 

I hope that you can express this to the owners. I know they would listen to you. Your like family to them. I hate to see a nice course give up and just collect  whatever greens fees they can and be content. It also blew my mind that the first time we tried to play it rained for 15 minutes right before we were going to tee off. Then the owner said he was going to close the course and it was now perfectly sunny out. He made enough money from the morning tournament that they didn't have to stay open. It wouldn't surprise me if they were milking it to get all they can without putting anything in to it before selling out to developers. 

Good luck with your decision but you know if you go somewhere else it will cost much more to play!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

The wife and the kids have been up North in the UP this week(I am meeting them tonight) but with all the free time I have played 5 rounds in the last 6 days.

I think I have found my limit as the last 27 holes or so have been filled with tired and sore swings.  I typically practice a few times a week but never get to play this much.  I will say my putting his gotten significantly better in this short spurt off feel alone but with that comes lots of lazy swings.

I'd like to say 5 rounds in 6 days is too much but given the opportunity I would most certainly do it again.

Driver - Cobra LTDx LS 9* Silver Rouge 110 msi 70 X

3W -Titleist TSR2 15* TENSEI 1K Black 75

5W - Cobra LTDx 18.5* TENSEI 1K Black 75

Irons - 4-PW Cobra LTDx Nippon Tour 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - 52*, 56*, 60* Cobra KING

Putter - Toulon Palm Springs

Ball - Taylormade TP5x

1 hour ago, EasyPutter said:

That said, if someone wants to golf over the July 4th weekend I am ready to go but if nobody asks, I think it will be sitting in shade nursing a cold beverage that will occupy my time.  🍻

Sure... come on down to Tennessee and I'll treat you to the golf 🤣

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

4 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It did amaze me when we played at your course the difference from when I played it many years ago. Your course has a great layout but they are just not keeping the conditions of the course up to the standards of the area. The greens were in desperate need of being cut a little shorter and needed to be rolled at least twice a week for awhile to make them puttable. You never knew where the ball would go.  Kind of reminded me of the Weeble toy song from the 70's. "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down"  Just like the putts! I thought I was just having a bad putting day but all of us were having issues. Then I played another course in NC two days later and was draining everything. 

I hope that you can express this to the owners. I know they would listen to you. Your like family to them. I hate to see a nice course give up and just collect  whatever greens fees they can and be content. It also blew my mind that the first time we tried to play it rained for 15 minutes right before we were going to tee off. Then the owner said he was going to close the course and it was now perfectly sunny out. He made enough money from the morning tournament that they didn't have to stay open. It wouldn't surprise me if they were milking it to get all they can without putting anything in to it before selling out to developers. 

Good luck with your decision but you know if you go somewhere else it will cost much more to play!

Due to deed restrictions etc it can not ever be anything than a golf course. On the one incident I went to the majority owner on that and the other guy got his butt chewed. Yeah I had a talk with the Majority owner this morning and told him some things. On the greens they are somewhat improving. Yep they do listen to me. After talking to him I am staying because like you have picked up on they do listen to me. And those guys do not actually own the course they have a long term lease

G

17 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Pretty Good Day despite the final score of 90

Had a Hole In One...My 2nd one, the first coming 3 years ago.  I guess they are going to come to me late in life...ha

Details are the brand new PXG Gen 5 0311 XP   9 iron from 129, it was a back pin so unfortunately I did see it drop, but I saw it take a bounce and land right near the flag stick.  

Funny thing, the two ohter guys in the group, both hit it to about 6 feet and would have had closest to the pins, if not for this.  Both made birdie, so 3 of us played the hole in -4, pretty good!

I had two bad holes ruin what would have been my lowest round of the year, and technically throw in a third one, If Ihad just made bogey on each of those I would have shot an 82 which would hae tied my best ever, which was also the round with my first Hole in One.  Instead shot a somewhat disappointing 90 consideirn the way I hit it for 15 holes. 

Congratulations on the ace, Rob! It's a shame you didn't see it sink, but I bet it was a good feeling walking up and seeing it nestled in the bottom of the cup. 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Had a Hole In One...My 2nd one, the first coming 3 years ago.  I guess they are going to come to me late in life...ha

Details are the brand new PXG Gen 5 0311 XP   9 iron from 129, it was a back pin so unfortunately I did see it drop, but I saw it take a bounce and land right near the flag stick.  

Funny thing, the two ohter guys in the group, both hit it to about 6 feet and would have had closest to the pins, if not for this.  Both made birdie, so 3 of us played the hole in -4, pretty good!

I had two bad holes ruin what would have been my lowest round of the year, and technically throw in a third one, If Ihad just made bogey on each of those I would have shot an 82 which would hae tied my best ever, which was also the round with my first Hole in One.  Instead shot a somewhat disappointing 90 consideirn the way I hit it for 15 holes. 

Congratulations on the hole in one!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Congratulations on the HIO.  It's a great feeling!!

Sorry about the score though.  As a friend of mine always says when I say "If I had just..."
            ... "If IFs and BUTs were candy and nuts, we'd all have a wonderful Christmas."  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 hours ago, DeBartola_B said:

The wife and the kids have been up North in the UP this week(I am meeting them tonight) but with all the free time I have played 5 rounds in the last 6 days.

I think I have found my limit as the last 27 holes or so have been filled with tired and sore swings.  I typically practice a few times a week but never get to play this much.  I will say my putting his gotten significantly better in this short spurt off feel alone but with that comes lots of lazy swings.

I'd like to say 5 rounds in 6 days is too much but given the opportunity I would most certainly do it again.

In the Yoop huuh. I know about that from my trucking days plus I know some people from up there.

G

Congrats on the HIO----- One of our members at 72 yoa had his first last week and took the Year long HIO kitty for his men's group. We were talking at the wedding Saturday night and he was surprised that I had never had one

G

Had a Hole In One...My 2nd one, the first coming 3 years ago. 

Nicely done!  You're one up on me now!  LOL

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug