Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

8 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Tuesday I shot a 45/48:93 so so day, got tired on back nine. Today was different however, same course, different result. I shot a 46/41:87 with 4 GIRs in a row and Four Pars in a row! (#9-#12).

I am sure it is just as hot and humid in Florida as it is here. The heat and humidity will take it out of you. I hit balls on the range today and hit from the shade. I did do a Pedelyte before I went  and had water with me. Hit about 35 balls got loose so I quit. Retreated to the patio under one of the umbrellas and rested. Then chipped and putted for 30 minutes or so then said NUTS! I went home and inside I have remained watching the John Deere

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Had a Hole In One...My 2nd one, the first coming 3 years ago.  I guess they are going to come to me late in life...ha

Details are the brand new PXG Gen 5 0311 XP   9 iron from 129, it was a back pin so unfortunately I did [not] see it drop, but I saw it take a bounce and land right near the flag stick.  

Nice shooting, "Ace" CG2!!

Guess the latest iron set may last more than two weeks in the bag, eh... 😉😄

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

30 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Congratulations on the HIO.  It's a great feeling!!

Sorry about the score though.  As a friend of mine always says when I say "If I had just..."
            ... "If IFs and BUTs were candy and nuts, we'd all have a wonderful Christmas."  😂

Yeah. Exactly.  You shot what you shot.  Snd to be fair it’s pretty close to my 16 handicap so no real issue.  Just is always nice to shoot a bit lower through isn’t it.  No matter our level. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

21 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Nice shooting, "Ace" CG2!!

Guess the latest iron set may last more than two weeks in the bag, eh... 😉😄

I’d say that’s a pretty safe assumption.  I know someone will copy and save that for later.  Ha

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It just amazes me how selfish some people are. You had a HIO 3 years ago and with soooooo many golfers suffering without one, you just grab a 2nd one like a thief in the night?!? I would add I think it is much harder to make make 2 birdies on the same hole because you have to make the putt, something you were evidently afraid to attempt with your avalanche of HIO's. 

Sounds like sour grapes to me.  Just get it over with and make one!!  🤣

BTW, my 3 aces seemed to come about 7 years apart... and I'm due!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

... Oh I think that has been well established. 😉

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

So what say we change Robs handle from Golfspy_GG2 to Golfspy_ACE

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

36 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

So what say we change Robs handle from Golfspy_GG2 to Golfspy_ACE

... If he changes it, I am claiming Aceless Ventura! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... If he changes it, I am claiming Aceless Ventura! 

I am right there with you---- Well one consulation for me is at least I am in good Aceless company

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

10 hours ago, chisag said:

... It just amazes me how selfish some people are. You had a HIO 3 years ago and with soooooo many golfers suffering without one, you just grab a 2nd one like a thief in the night?!? I would add I think it is much harder to make 2 birdies on the same hole because you have to make the putt, something you were evidently afraid to attempt with your avalanche of HIO's. 

Lol!  I hear you. One of the guys in the group is a very good player 3-4 handicap and has been playing 35 years and has never had one.  He gave me a hard time about the first one.  

i thought the fact he had to witness yesterdays would be like salt in the wound 😀. But he said he thinks that means he’s that much closer to his, since he was in the group. 

I did tell him when I had mine 3 years ago. One of the guys in the same group got one the following week.   So I’m saying there’s a chance!

You’ll get yours I’m sure. Those Forged Tec irons are so good..you’re bound too!

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I am right there with you---- Well one consulation for me is at least I am in good Aceless company

Stu. Just like I told one of the guys yesterday.  This is a crazy Effing gsme. Some really good players they have never had one.   And a 16 hack like me has two.   

At least I can sleep soundly knowing both mine were solid shots right at the flag. They they weren’t off a cart path and off a tree trunk and rolled in  😎

15 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Pretty Good Day despite the final score of 90

Had a Hole In One...My 2nd one, the first coming 3 years ago.  I guess they are going to come to me late in life...ha

Details are the brand new PXG Gen 5 0311 XP   9 iron from 129, it was a back pin so unfortunately I did see it drop, but I saw it take a bounce and land right near the flag stick.  

Funny thing, the two ohter guys in the group, both hit it to about 6 feet and would have had closest to the pins, if not for this.  Both made birdie, so 3 of us played the hole in -4, pretty good!

I had two bad holes ruin what would have been my lowest round of the year, and technically throw in a third one, If Ihad just made bogey on each of those I would have shot an 82 which would hae tied my best ever, which was also the round with my first Hole in One.  Instead shot a somewhat disappointing 90 consideirn the way I hit it for 15 holes. 

Congrats. Rob 👍

My late uncle started the game late in his life, played frequently when he retired and had 3 HIO's in his time.

I have been playing now over 50 years, off and on, more on than off though, and am still looking for my first. 🙄

Quite the accomplishment, so enjoy it for all it's worth.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Stu. Just like I told one of the guys yesterday.  This is a crazy Effing gsme. Some really good players they have never had one.   And a 16 hack like me has two.   

giphy.gif

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

7 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

At least I can sleep soundly knowing both mine were solid shots right at the flag. They they weren’t off a cart path and off a tree trunk and rolled in  😎

It surprised my fellow member because he knows my pedigree. LOL craziest one I ever saw was a qualifier for a Million Dollar one. A school had taken out the insurance policy and had one. One of the gym teachers had never hit a golf ball in his life. I think on the qualifier you could buy a small bucket for like $15 or so and you could hit all the buckets you purchased. The flag was at like 150 or so. About midway through his 2nd bucket he worm burned one up there with a Driver (smeesh) got him qualified. If I remember correctly you got 5 balls for the HIO for a Million. He topped 3 and hit the next two about 30 yards. I think he did get $500 for making the one in the qualifier. No one made the million. And no I could not participate because at the time I had been playing the minis and was assistant at that course

G

36 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

It surprised my fellow member because he knows my pedigree. LOL craziest one I ever saw was a qualifier for a Million Dollar one. A school had taken out the insurance policy and had one. One of the gym teachers had never hit a golf ball in his life. I think on the qualifier you could buy a small bucket for like $15 or so and you could hit all the buckets you purchased. The flag was at like 150 or so. About midway through his 2nd bucket he worm burned one up there with a Driver (smeesh) got him qualified. If I remember correctly you got 5 balls for the HIO for a Million. He topped 3 and hit the next two about 30 yards. I think he did get $500 for making the one in the qualifier. No one made the million. And no I could not participate because at the time I had been playing the minis and was assistant at that course

I participated in one of those about 20 years aog, they had a qualifer in the parking lot of a big mall, but had a fairly small green set up a 150 yard target and if you made one of your 5 shots you got in the finals.   I actually made 3 of the 5.   

The finals were held at a private club about two weeks later, they took us all out to the fairway of the 9th hole set at 165 yards and we all got one swing for 1 Million Dollars.   I missed the green by about 20 yards, I stayed and watched.  Al ltodl there were about 50 qualifiers.    Nobody came close, insurance money was safe.  I think we got a sleeve of balls a the qualifier for making it...ha

Shot a 48 today. Funny thing, that was after starting with a 10 on 1. Followed up with two pars and 6 bogies to finish. In reality could have been even better. No range to hit before my round is what caused my poor start. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 6/30/2022 at 1:55 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Had a Hole In One...My 2nd one, the first coming 3 years ago.  I guess they are going to come to me late in life...ha. 

I’ve only had 2 as well, within the same year… this year! At 66, I thought I’d never get one…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Today was one of those special days where most every part of my game was working pretty well... doesn't happen often.  For some reason I decided to take my Macgregor irons out for a spin, so my bag looked like Callaway Epic driver, 3W, Heavenwood, and 9W; Macgregor VIP V-Foil 1025M 4-PW; Callaway PM Grind 54º and 60º wedges and Ping Sigma G Doon putter.

Playing from our senior White tees, I hit 13/13 fairways and 11/18 greens (a record for me) and had 29 putts.  I birdied hole #1 and hole #13 and missed a few more that were makable.  Shot 2 over on the front nine and even par on the back nine for 74... which is one under my age.  Best round this year... but not as good as last year!!  Got to try harder!!  😃

Great round @Kenny B! It sounds like your driving and irons were on fire. Not gonna lie, but I had to look up the irons and that's one good looking set. Now you just need to get out and try harder to get under par,  El Conquistador.