Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Still scrathcng my head over yesterday, I played the best golf of probably the last 10 years and the worst golf of probably the last 5 years.   All in the same round.   Don't believe it, this might explain it.

38/58 for 96

Yep, The 38 was nothing specacular, just fairways/greens two putts a couple birdies mixed with a double bogey thrown in.   The 58 was all over the place.   3 lost balls on one hole, 2 more on another, a few heavy chunks here, at least 4 putts that looked ike they were dead center 6 inches away and somehow still missed.   During the front 9 I really did a good job of not getting ahead of myself and trying to focus on one shot at a time.   If I missed the fairway the thought was, ok just get it on the green or close enough where you can get up and down.  

On the back 9 it was more of a--don't do that again, or you idiot what were you thinking, make a turn, check your alighment...blah, blah all that type of head stuff.  I will say it got very hot and humid the last 3 holes and that was definitely a factor on my last hole which was the one with 2 lost balls and a chunk--all that after piping one of the best drives of the day..ha

Oh well, tomorrows another day. 

Definitely tomorrow, but bring your 38 game, only👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

90 (43/47) 🤦🏽‍♂️ at Navy Marine today with @yungkory.

My game was not present. I had fun, but mannnnn this current rut my game is in is frustrating. Looking forward to getting home so I can get back on a consistent practice and playing routine!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Yesterday was a great day for me. Was up and out at Dawn since I keep range tokens. Have been messing with wedge combos lately and tried a total different set up yesterday. Worked pretty well. Lofted up with the lofts about 2* and up on bounce with the 56* Went back to the Vokeys for now. I also put in a wedge I had not hit before. When I found the Muirfields they did not have a matching PW but had an old M-85 Mac with them. Checked the loft and it was dead on with the Muirfields. Also noticed it had a S-300 Sensicore shaft which is my favorite wedge shaft. I had stated before that who ever tuned the Muirfields knew their stuff. Those Sensicore shafts are an old school shaft tuning trick with wedges and someone had soft stepped an 8 iron shaft in this case

I ended up playing an all vintage 9 hole round with my FC-4000s and persimmon woods. Our course is dry and baked even though we have been getting afternoon T- Storms. I played from my normal Gold Senior tees. This was my first outing since my accident with the FCs. Got good roll off the persimmon and was playing some low cut screamers with the 2 and 3 irons. Ended up +2 which I felt could have been much better if I had my Scotty or V Foil putter in the bag. Putted with a TP Mills Spalding 8802 look alike that I had not used before. Part of the fun

Next week I am back as a dew sweeper--- I got permission once again to go out early before the old fart Mens Groups. So I am starting back on my early morning 9 hole vintage rounds riding of course. Really relishing it. Today have the Saturdy Shootout

Haven't been on the forums much in the past 9 months since the baby was born, but it's nice to read that your back is healthy and you're playing again!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

59 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Haven't been on the forums much in the past 9 months since the baby was born, but it's nice to read that your back is healthy and you're playing again!

Thanks and congrats on the young un---- Yep it has been a rebuilding process on my total golf swing to be able to play pain free- I don't pull the club back as far kinda a Jon Rahm half swing. Lost quite a bit of distance from pre accident but with less parts in the swing I am hitting the ball more solid and straight. Learned to revamp my course management which in the past sucked. I have been back somewhat a year playing somewhat with a couple of relapses caused by me swinging too hard. Totally revamped my swing. I had to sit down and think about it hard. The bare balls of the thing was to either switch or quit the game all together. Worked really hard on the range March April and May. It is starting to bear some fruit now

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

1 minute ago, Berg Ryman said:

Today was awesome for me... 75, 36/39 (+1/+2). Made 4 birdies on the card total. Now my course isn't the longest or the toughest... but still though, to put up that round was great to see, especially closing with a 3 over stretch on the last 3 holes. 

Felt like things were flowing with the full swing today, putted exceptionally, short game though still leaving a little to be desired around the green.

Great shooting. Four birdies makes it very special.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

59 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Played well today. No birdies but shot 42/44:86, was +4 on points and took 3rd place.

FIR: 12/14 86% GIR: 4/18 28% 36 Putts.  Temp was close to 100* with heat index was 104*. We had 44 Players…. several players dropped out due to heat and cart path only.  Big storm late last night dumped several inches on the course.

We need that rain in Central FL!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Haven’t been able to play for a few weeks due to right wrist pain, been chowing on my celebrex, hope to get out next week.

nothing worse than shelf time

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

We need that rain in Central FL!!

... Oh no you don't! We need it MUCH more out here in the desert and none scheduled through the end of the month. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

9 hours ago, chisag said:

... Oh no you don't! We need it MUCH more out here in the desert and none scheduled through the end of the month. 

Well I disagree 😜

Rick

Left Hand, 

10 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

The wheels came completely off today. 

101 (49/52) with 38 putts and 5 three putts. I managed to sabotage myself in every facet of the game. This is my first 100s round in years 😔.

Super disappointed at the moment, but I guess there’s no where to go but up.

84ED78BB-11F6-4331-8FB6-59FE829A23F5.jpeg

Once you're back into a routine it will come back in no time.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Well I disagree 😜

... We have had one hour of rain on one day since last October.  If you have had less than that, you can skip to the head of the line. 

10 minutes ago, chisag said:

... We have had one hour of rain on one day since last October.  If you have had less than that, you can skip to the head of the line. 

You win👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

You win👍

... Haha a contest I would much rather lose. It is Monsoon season when Phoenix gets much needed rain but so far only that one day in June. Predictions were a normal to above normal amount of rain June-September so hopefully they got it right. 

24 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It rained in my area yesterday. Outside yard work didn't  happen. It poured hard during the night. So hard that it woke everyone up. A few thunder claps rocked the house. By 9am this morning it stopped.

... I certainly remember the last 2 May's I spent in Chicago with record rainfall. Most courses could not even mow, especially the rough where when it was dry enough to actually play under CPO, the rough was so think just off the fairway you lost your ball 6 inches in unless you stepped on it. And now I would give up a month of golf to refresh the lakes and aquifers here in the Southwest. 

Had a family party at my aunt's house in Richland MI and my son, dad and I snuck away to play the front nine at Bedford Valley in Battle Creek.  It's part of the Gull Lake View resort, very well maintained.  They had a ton of rain the day before and an outing that morning but aside from a few spots being a little spongy you wouldn't have known.

We all played not great but not too terrible either, especially given it was our first time there.  We shot 50, 52, 54 playing from the middle, white tees.  My shot of the day came after I pulled my 6 iron to the left on a par three; it bounced off the tree and landed on the lip overhanging the bunker.  I took my putter and leaned over and hit it one handed.  Managed to chip and roll it to about two feet.

My anti-hole of the day was the ninth.  It doglegs left at about 190 yards.  I thought I would be smart and lay up with my hybrid and wound up hooking it into the trees.  It then took three attempts with my 7 iron to get it out of the trees before I hit my wedge over the green.  Finished with a quad bogey. 

On the whole, we had a great time and I wish we had more time to play.  Already looking forward to the next round!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... I certainly remember the last 2 May's I spent in Chicago with record rainfall. Most courses could not even mow, especially the rough where when it was dry enough to actually play under CPO, the rough was so think just off the fairway you lost your ball 6 inches in unless you stepped on it. And now I would give up a month of golf to refresh the lakes and aquifers here in the Southwest. 

It's raining again. At least I got out of the yard work for today. Wish I could send you some of my rain! We need it but you need it more. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... Haha a contest I would much rather lose. It is Monsoon season when Phoenix gets much needed rain but so far only that one day in June. Predictions were a normal to above normal amount of rain June-September so hopefully they got it right. 

We just had a shower for approximately 1/2 hour, better than nothing !

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, chisag said:

Man I hate to say this with us being friends and all but right now we are getting pounded. Got pounded last Monday night. But with the heat and humidity we have been having it did not show up any on my course

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

6 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Man I hate to say this with us being friends and all but right now we are getting pounded. Got pounded last Monday night. But with the heat and humidity we have been having it did not show up any on my course

... The earth is 70% water but climate change has given some more of it and some less. I hold no jealousy for those that play in nicely watered areas as nobody forced me to move here. 🤪

14 minutes ago, chisag said:

... The earth is 70% water but climate change has given some more of it and some less. I hold no jealousy for those that play in nicely watered areas as nobody forced me to move here. 🤪

I know all about the desert heat--- We used to pull out of Sacatone Arizonal from the International Harvster proving grounds.LOL we used to load and unload there in the early morning when it was "only" 102*. Also pulling heavy haul we used to stop every 100 miles to cool the tires and oil down. Could go across there and watch the engine oil temp go almost to the red on a hard pull. I used to change the oil at 10,000 SOP. I pulled heavy equipmant out west out of Kernersville NC. Would always go out on a fresh oil change and before I returned east would get the oil changed again. Cheap insurance. Maybe it may have been the reason I got 600K out of a Cummins engine before I had it inframed.

G

3 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It's raining again. At least I got out of the yard work for today. Wish I could send you some of my rain! We need it but you need it more. 

We've been pretty dry just to your southwest here in central Arkansas.   Looks like they could use a belly washer in Yosemite National Park to put out the fire there.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug