Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

17 minutes ago, MattF said:

You need to charge your phone...😬

That was end of the day lol. Arccos and music drained if!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

That was end of the day lol. Arccos and music drained if!

4.5 hours of Creed & Nickelback will do that to a phone 🤣

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

35 minutes ago, Syks7 said:

Anyone got any tips on how they've smoothed over blowups?

Blowup holes are my big issue as well.  Ball striking is generally pretty good but then massive blowups.   It probably isnt a swing thing but more mental focus.  When you hit a bad shot you have to get back into the round and focus on the next shot.   In your example all the bad shots are probably tied to the bad tee shot and then the downward spiral continues.  Staying mentally focused over each shot for 18 holes.  Try hat Scott Fawcett advocates as part of decade and make a mental scorecard for each shot and assess how committed you were to the shot and did you swing reflect that commitment.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Career high 4 birdies this week! Previous personal record was 2!

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Max

Driving Iron: Titleist u510

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr

Irons: Taylormade P760

Wedges: Vokey Jet Black 52/56/60

Putter: Taylormade Spider X

Ball: ProV1x

1 hour ago, Syks7 said:

I am certainly no scratch or excellent player but not too long ago I was sort of in the same boat as you.  Handicap around 12 and started looking at things differently and it went down to an 8.

I know it will sound cliche but the best way to avoid the blow up hole is to not compound a bad shot with another bad shot or poor decision.  Bogey is your friend, you can never ruin your round with one bogey.  Take your medicine, play for bogey with an errant tee shot, if you happen to hit an amazing approach you could luck out with a par.

Sounds simple but I have found it to be extremely affective.  It is tough to do because it is so boring, but good golf is often boring.

Driver - Cobra LTDx LS 9* Silver Rouge 110 msi 70 X

3W -Titleist TSR2 15* TENSEI 1K Black 75

5W - Cobra LTDx 18.5* TENSEI 1K Black 75

Irons - 4-PW Cobra LTDx Nippon Tour 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - 52*, 56*, 60* Cobra KING

Putter - Toulon Palm Springs

Ball - Taylormade TP5x

3 hours ago, bens197 said:

4.5 hours of Creed & Nickelback will do that to a phone 🤣

Apparently “can you take me higher” in 16/17:18 was the reason for my blowup double bogeys. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Today was a game of Whack-F**k.  Nothing was going well.  Lots of duck hooks and wedges off the toe.  Almost hit Owen twice with wedge shots.  We played the back nine at River Heights; Owen went +8.  He was struggling a bit too, but stayed composed and hit a couple of really good hero shots to save holes.  Me, on the other hand, lost a number of balls on my way to a fairly generously scored +20.  Most of my round looked something like this:

1110806118_anotherbadhole.png.eeb48cfe4a4d5212010cb68d155366b6.png

Owen was standing near that bunker on the right when I almost hit him the first time.  Nearly missed on a few wedges, it was that bad.  I was just out of sorts all day.  Couldn't get my swing into rhythm.  I had four doubles, three triples, a quad...and a random birdie on 12.  That's where I had my shot of the day, the one good wedge I hit:

1464495546_goodhole.png.8c4c4c6305b43f8f10d3273959218474.png

Poor drive that duck hooked left followed by a wedge that I dropped and rolled to within two feet of the pin for a tap in birdie on a short par four.  Golf's a funny game sometimes.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

6 hours ago, DeBartola_B said:

I know it will sound cliche but the best way to avoid the blow up hole is to not compound a bad shot with another bad shot or poor decision.  Bogey is your friend, you can never ruin your round with one bogey.  Take your medicine, play for bogey with an errant tee shot, if you happen to hit an amazing approach you could luck out with a par.

Sounds simple but I have found it to be extremely affective.  It is tough to do because it is so boring, but good golf is often boring.

... It sounds simple because it is simple. 🤗 I don't think it is boring golf, it is good golf. I probably take more pride in chipping out after a bad drive, hitting a good iron and saving par as I do from a great tee shot, good iron approach and just missing difficult putt for a tap in par. The other cliche of course is "play one shot at a time" which some may also find boring. But rarely do players have blow up holes if they don't attempt shots that they can only marginally pull off. We have a drivable par 4 that is all carry over a lake to a green guarded by 2 bunkers with little sand. Depending on your tees it is a 210-260 yd carry and the amount of golfers that don't lay up with an iron for a wedge and possible birdie or an easy par is mind boggling. My guess is 75% of those attempting to drive the green end up with a double bogie and I have only seen 2 eagles in 3 years on that hole. 

... A turning point for my game is when DLIII tried a miracle shot when tied for the lead and did not pull it off. His dad, DL Jr a great instructor told his son "Never follow a bad shot with a great shot. Always follow a bad shot with a good shot". So that took the slim opening between a couple trees to possibly get near or on the green shot out of my repertoire and replaced it with take the big opening, even if backwards and get the ball back in the fairway.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... It sounds simple because it is simple. 🤗 I don't think it is boring golf, it is good golf. I probably take more pride in chipping out after a bad drive, hitting a good iron and saving par as I do from a great tee shot, good iron approach and just missing difficult putt for a tap in par.

Do you know what is not boring? Scoring well...  Amen Brother

Driver - Cobra LTDx LS 9* Silver Rouge 110 msi 70 X

3W -Titleist TSR2 15* TENSEI 1K Black 75

5W - Cobra LTDx 18.5* TENSEI 1K Black 75

Irons - 4-PW Cobra LTDx Nippon Tour 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - 52*, 56*, 60* Cobra KING

Putter - Toulon Palm Springs

Ball - Taylormade TP5x

4 hours ago, Syks7 said:

I am consistently infuriating.  43/43 86 at a 72.5/130 course.  Not a bad score but I can't seem to shake the doubles (3) and 3 putts (3).  8 pars on the scorecard again but I can't get out of my own way.

I seem to play reasonable/good golf or bad golf, but at least I'm improving the amount of good golf and diagnosing what happens on the doubles.  Yesterday two of the doubles were from finding water and one was what my typical blowup looks like (Miss the fairway, bad recovery, bad approach, terrible sand shot, second sand shot, one putt)  I feel like once I figure out this mental block I'll see a quick and big drop in index.

In any case the course I played was pretty fun, Calabasas CC on an SCGA member outing.   The only terrible part of the day was that they shotgun started it and one group (two holes ahead of us) killed the pace for everyone all day.  5:20....  🤦‍♂️  It's an interesting track that basically feels like four course.  Narrow tough canyon on the 1 - 4.  A central valley with 5,9,10,16,17,18, that plays like a parkland course with slope, a wider canyon with 6,7,8, and a low creekbed with 11,12,13,14,15.   Lots of variety of shots.  

Staying focused for 5+ hours is tough on anyone.  Slow pace will lead me to more blowup holes.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

12 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Staying focused for 5+ hours is tough on anyone.  Slow pace will lead me to more blowup holes.

But you don’t have to stay focused for the entire round.   You just have to focus when executing a shot so maybe an hour.   But it is still difficult. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 hours ago, Syks7 said:

What I have to remind myself is that everyone hits a bad shot now and then.  The trick is not to let the bad shot control your mindset.  Give yourself 5-10 seconds to berate yourself (if you must), then let it go.  I play with a guy that can play decent golf, but he is so hard on himself that he's literally a self-fulfilling prophecy.  He carries that bad shot for several holes and then is still talking about it over a beer after the round.  You can't do that!  I heard a phrase and I can't recall who it came from but it went something like this:  "It wasn't the double bogey that ruined your score.  It was thinking about that double bogey for the next 5 holes that ruined it."  Ya gotta let it go, bro!  I find that when I have a bad shot or a bad hole, I perform best if I just forget it happened rather than trying to force a birdie to make up for it and just play the next shot.  I know that sounds trite, but it is true.  The last shot is no longer important.  The one you're hitting next is the only one that should matter.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

8 hours ago, CarlH said:

What I have to remind myself is that everyone hits a bad shot now and then.  The trick is not to let the bad shot control your mindset.  Give yourself 5-10 seconds to berate yourself (if you must), then let it go.  I play with a guy that can play decent golf, but he is so hard on himself that he's literally a self-fulfilling prophecy.  He carries that bad shot for several holes and then is still talking about it over a beer after the round.  You can't do that!  I heard a phrase and I can't recall who it came from but it went something like this:  "It wasn't the double bogey that ruined your score.  It was thinking about that double bogey for the next 5 holes that ruined it."  Ya gotta let it go, bro!  I find that when I have a bad shot or a bad hole, I perform best if I just forget it happened rather than trying to force a birdie to make up for it and just play the next shot.  I know that sounds trite, but it is true.  The last shot is no longer important.  The one you're hitting next is the only one that should matter.

... 👍  I have said before playing QB was great training for playing golf. When you throw a pick, you can be disappointed in yourself for a few seconds, recognize your mistake then completely forget about it. Virtually impossible to play fast while thinking whether you should throw a pass or not. Hesitation causes doubt and doubt causes poor results. The amount of times I have played with someone saying out loud they were "probably going to 3 putt" and then doing just that is classic foreshadowing. My all time favorite is when Jay Cutler threw 3 picks to one DB and after the game was asked if he would throw his way again next time they played and he responded "I'd throw at him again today if there were more time left in the game!" The only way to play this game well for most is with a very short memory after a poor shot. 

Today’s hot sweaty weather showed up on my back 9…..we started on #10 where I shot a 42 with a birdie on a par 4. Then we turned the corner and began on #1 where I struggled and shot a 50, for a total 94.  The front side had been sanded so the 3 putts were abundant. 

oh well, my birdie held in the net skins and I doubled my investment……did I say this is a $5 game? LOL.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

5 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Today’s hot sweaty weather showed up on my back 9…..we started on #10 where I shot a 42 with a birdie on a par 4. Then we turned the corner and began on #1 where I struggled and shot a 50, for a total 94.  The front side had been sanded so the 3 putts were abundant. 

... Well without even seeing your swing or your game Foz, I am confident I can shave two strokes of your score, and I won't even charge you for a lesson. 😉

I was asked to play in the Wolf game for quarters at the other course in town today; two of their regulars were in the hospital for different things, so I made it a threesome. That means no partners; you play against the other two when you tee off first; last 3 holes are each double quarters.

I had #1 and birdied with a 10 footer from just off the green (first time I have ever birdied that hole)... up two quarters!  #2 is an uphill dogleg right; from the middle of the fairway I put my 9W in the middle of the green; 2-putt par and 2 more quarters after the guys both had bogeys.  So now I'm playing with "house money"!  😂  I bogeyed the par 5 #3; didn't get up and down out of a bunker.  Parred remaining holes on the front for an EVEN PAR front nine 36.

I had 3 bogeys on the back nine to shoot 39 for a very nice round of 75.  This means I have shot my age at two different courses!!!  The other guys shot 76 and 81, but the guy that shot 81 had an ACE on the par 3 #8 hole playing 155y downhill... never left the flag!

I also won 12 quarters, and I committed to play on Thursday.  They weren't going to ask me back, but they need a player... I think I will have a target on my back!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

38 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I also won 12 quarters, and I committed to play on Thursday.  They weren't going to ask me back, but they need a player... I think I will have a target on my back!  

... 12 quarters!?!?! Imagine their shock when you pull up Thursday in your new Ferrari. 🤑  

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

... 12 quarters!?!?! Imagine their shock when you pull up Thursday in your new Ferrari. 🤑  

One owns a construction company (has a corporate membership so we play for free) and the other is USMC Lt. Col. (retired) pilot who lives in his motorhome across the road from the golf course.  They don't miss the quarters at all, and I have "donated" much more than that over the past few years as a substitute player.  If I played as a regular, I might be broke!!  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 minutes ago, chisag said:

Off to the casino to play the slots with that pay out. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

12 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Off to the casino to play the slots with that pay out. 

With inflation... do they still have quarter slots?  Even parking meters take credit cards these days.

Just now, Kenny B said:

With inflation... do they still have quarter slots?  Even parking meters take credit cards these days.

If you hunt hard enough you can still find penny slots. Then you can make a day of it! 🤣

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag