Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played Saturday morning and had a decent round except off the tee. Shot 78 (41-37), with two doubles, and three penalties, and my two birdies were on 1 and 18! I should’ve had three more. The round could’ve been special, but on both par 5s that I normally hit in 2, I screwed-up the second shots costing me at least one stroke each hole. The Honma driver is outperforming the Stealth at this point, and I’m considering cutting-down the shaft of the Stealth and adding head weight like I did with the Honma. We’ll see. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

After a bit of a hiatus, I started playing golf again this past May.  Playing in a league and at least I'm 3rd from the bottom. 🙂

Not playing golf last year really put a ding in my stroke play this year.  Last Thursday was the first time I felt good striking all my clubs but the ones that will kill your game.  My wedge play was a disaster, and has been.  That will be something I really concentrate on in the offseason.  I had a solid drive on hole 7, then a so so long iron into the green, only when I got there it was short left, in the tall stuff.  walked away with a 6.  truly sad.  

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Amazing how quickly the summer flies by up here in Michigan. A few golf highlights to not bore you with all my round updates 🙂

First off, I am still in the year long club championship at my course. I shot my handicap both times I went out and won my matches on the last few holes each time. A few more wins and I will be diving head first Scrooge McDuck style into some shop credit. 

The second highlight was our annual guy's golf trip where I didn't lose money and we had the fortune of playing two of the courses at Forest Dunes. If you live in Michigan, book a time, and if you don't live in Michigan, it is worth the trip. They have great on course facilities and the courses are a great test. The original Forest Dunes course has a lot of solid golf holes through woods, sand, and water and other than breaking my driver mid round it was a great time even though I shot an 87. The next day we played The Loop - Black. For those unfamiliar, this course plays clockwise around the property one day (Black) and counter clockwise the next (Red) using the same greens for both routings. It reminded me a lot of Bandon Dunes with similar grass and wide open fairways but plenty of trouble and creativity required the closer you get to the greens. We were also blessed with a rare 60 degree, 30mph wind day in late June so we got the true links experience. I shot 82 with a few big holes thanks to some interesting lies in the various sand structures but was more than pleased with the result.

They also built a short course called The Bootlegger. For $49 per day you can play it as much as you like and the holes range from 70-129 yards. The 12 of us played this a LOT as one group! I am happy to report I netted $90 to the positive with our various closest to the pin contests and I played barefoot most of the time to really soak in the relaxation.

My handicap has dropped but my game is still a work in progress from my weight loss and the flat stick still is my weak point but improving. Aim and speed are getting there but I still don't make enough 10-15 foot putts to really drop my scores. 

Here's to keeping it in the short grass!

:ping-small: Driver - 410 LST - 10.5 Degree - Stiff

:titelist-small: Tsi2 3 and 4 Hybrids - Fujikura Ventus 8S

:Sub70: 639 CB 5-7 - Nippon Modus Tour 120 Steel

:Sub70: 639 MB 8-PW - Nippon Modus Tour 120 Steel

:cleveland-small: RTX 3 Wedges - 50, 54, 58

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne Putter

:wilson-small: Duo Professional Ball

Owen and I played the back nine at River Heights today.  The first couple greens were in the shade and super wet from morning dew, then the rest played fast as they'd dried in the sun.  I'm back to not really lining up my putts so putting wasn't the best.  (No reason either, I'm just...not)

My driver mostly came back after a few ugly rounds but I'm still hooking my irons.  I'm flat out pulling my wedges to the left but it's an upgrade over the toe-y shanks recently.

Owen decided to try driver off the deck on a hole and absolutely piped it.  My shot of the day was a recovery out of the trees with my hybrid, a 205 yard worm burner that drew back and settled at the back of the green.

Owen didn't play great, and I was just plain bad.  He was +9 45 and I was +17 53.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

On 7/18/2022 at 12:14 PM, Sluggo42 said:

Played today, and the wrist is ok still, after the game. Yay!
got a new to me Callaway epic max 5 wood, as I’ve been looking for a 200 yd club. And after today, the search is over. 
I shot a 36/38 and that 5 wood was a major part of the game today. It’s a reg flex haz smoke shaft. From the very first swing on #3 198 par 3, that is the first pic, to a 188 uphill on #1 hdcp hole (second pic), this club was outstanding… it very satisfying to get a new club and have it do exactly what you want is priceless…

12320742-DA2C-49B1-A202-E7BCF16A67C3.jpeg.39f9a1369882399e63c54e5417dab1ea.jpeg

059BCE11-8504-4741-B99A-4C36B1638C61.jpeg.71908706e838f21b6c36e4ee62809e4e.jpeg

Happy it's working for you.

The Callaway Epic Max FW are legit, especially for me as a slow swinging machine; so easy to launch!  Replaced my hybrids with FWs... even a 3W!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Happy it's working for you.

The Callaway Epic Max FW are legit, especially for me as a slow swinging machine; so easy to launch!  Replaced my hybrids with FWs... even a 3W!!

Now I think I’m looking for a 7 wood too. It sparkled again today. Shot well again thanks to 3 birdies.

its a lot funner when you’re not afraid of a 170-200 yard shot again.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I played 9 holes last Friday during a couples night. I may have hit 4 decent shots. 

Played 18 on Sunday and all I can say is "OOOFFFFF" (95). I need to purge that from the memory bank and move on. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

Took a ride out to Norwalk, OH and played Eagle Creek yesterday morning. It's a really nice course and super fun to play. Shot 79 with 1 birdie. Drove the ball pretty well, chipped decently, and I felt like I had very good putts, I just couldn't get anything to drop. Also my irons felt off for most of the round and I was leaving myself 30 foot putts for a lot of the day. I think I figured something out and I just need to stay focused on that over this weekend.

I am playing in a qualifier for the Cleveland Am Sat & Sun. Let's goooooo

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I tried to play my usual Tuesday round but bailed after 9. It was so slow that from the 3rd hole there were 4 groups (including us) on each hole. Of course, you had the dickheads that don't hit it 200 off the tee waiting for the green to clear when they're 180+ out and don't get near the green. It also didn't help that they didn't pair 2somes together.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I've been fighting a low pull off the tee for a few weeks now, but had a decent night at league last night. After double bogey on the 1st hole, I shot a 3 over 38 which is pretty good for me on the back 9.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

15 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Almost chose this one over the TSi I was fitted for.  I may pick one up and test H2H for starting position.  I'm liking the feel of the Tensei Blue AV 65R - haven't looked to see if those were offered by Callaway?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

35 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Almost chose this one over the TSi I was fitted for.  I may pick one up and test H2H for starting position.  I'm liking the feel of the Tensei Blue AV 65R - haven't looked to see if those were offered by Callaway?

I don't recall that option as stock, however it is a stock shaft for the new Rogue ST Max.  It was a no-brainer for me to pick this 3W because it had the same shaft as my driver... Project X Cypher, which I've been playing for over a year.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

56 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I don't recall that option as stock, however it is a stock shaft for the new Rogue ST Max.  It was a no-brainer for me to pick this 3W because it had the same shaft as my driver... Project X Cypher, which I've been playing for over a year.

Most brands offer the tensei av shafts as no upcharge 

Includning callawy. I think they offer blue in the max head and white in the lst as the stock. Then offer the other version as no upcharge.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Most brands offer the tensei av shafts as no upcharge 

Includning callawy. I think they offer blue in the max head and white in the lst as the stock. Then offer the other version as no upcharge.

Yeah, its available on their new clubs, but I don't recall it on the Epic Max and there have been no tensei blue shafted Epic Max show up in CPO.  Maybe owners are just keeping them.

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Yeah, its available on their new clubs, but I don't recall it on the Epic Max and there have been no tensei blue shafted Epic Max show up in CPO.  Maybe owners are just keeping them.

It’s been forever since I looked at the epic release but the non pro tensei shafts have been no upcharge from the big oems.

The blue and white are very popular shafts from what I’ve seen and heard from my fitter

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Shot a 51 on a different course today. Front nine only. Here are the highlights. 

hole 1: 150 out in the rough, pull 8i and flush it. GIR

hole 2: bomb drive 270 down the middle

hole 3: flush a choked down 4i pin high but too far right. Bad bounce and lost

hole 4: pin high but right with a 5i on a long par 3

hole 5: 3rd shot on par five flushed 7i but too far left. Pin high

hole 6: shot into green flushed with pw from 137. High ball one hop and stop

hole 7: nice tight draw off the tee with 3w. 255 leaving 97 to the pin. GIR here as well

hole 8: just missed a 9i to edge of green off the tee. Pin high.

hole 9: finally made a par putt to end the round. Was just off green on approach but pin high.

adventure of a round. Got to play with I buddy I worked with in my old role. Had a lot to catching up to do. Same guy I played with @Kenny B at redtail when you visited. 

39 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s been forever since I looked at the epic release but the non pro tensei shafts have been no upcharge from the big oems.

The blue and white are very popular shafts from what I’ve seen and heard from my fitter

The new stock offerings are great. Both the blue and white have xlink in them. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

1 hour ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Shot a 51 on a different course today. Front nine only. Here are the highlights. 

hole 1: 150 out in the rough, pull 8i and flush it. GIR

hole 2: bomb drive 270 down the middle

hole 3: flush a choked down 4i pin high but too far right. Bad bounce and lost

hole 4: pin high but right with a 5i on a long par 3

hole 5: 3rd shot on par five flushed 7i but too far left. Pin high

hole 6: shot into green flushed with pw from 137. High ball one hop and stop

hole 7: nice tight draw off the tee with 3w. 255 leaving 97 to the pin. GIR here as well

hole 8: just missed a 9i to edge of green off the tee. Pin high.

hole 9: finally made a par putt to end the round. Was just off green on approach but pin high.

adventure of a round. Got to play with I buddy I worked with in my old role. Had a lot to catching up to do. Same guy I played with @Kenny B at redtail when you visited. 

The new stock offerings are great. Both the blue and white have xlink in them. 

Looks like you had a lot of "flushed" shots... solid, but a lot of dropped shots.  Clean it up!!   😉

Just now, Kenny B said:

Looks like you had a lot of "flushed" shots... solid, but a lot of dropped shots.  Clean it up!!   😉

putting was terrible! 22 putts and short game was a mess. if i cut those out and get up and down i have a very good round by my stds.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Just now, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

putting was terrible! 22 putts and short game was a mess. if i cut those out and get up and down i have a very good round by my stds.

Easy to do.  Put in the time.  I have been only playing lately, and it shows in my putting and short game so I'm practicing instead of playing this week.  

Shot 97 today not my best nor my worst. Putting was a struggle at the beginning of the round had way too many 3 putts. Hit the new driver so so, some great some not so great. Overall it wasn’t a bad round for having new irons and a driver in the bag which I haven’t had for years. I think with a little more tweaking I can get the driver dialed in better

12 minutes ago, edingc said:

Brought COVID back from my vacation, and while I'm feeling better I definitely have tried to push it too far twice now.

Before I got sick, I shot a 79 (two Sundays ago now) and then somehow pulled off a 78 the morning I started to feel "off." Was wiped out for about five days and tried to play 18 Sunday but quit after about 12 holes because I was exhausted. 

Waited all week to recover some more and tried 18 again this morning. I made it through about 11 or 12 holes before just hitting a wall and calling it quits.

Played OK for the first nine holes both times, shooting 40 and 39. My putting was horrendous today, which was unfortunate because my driver didn't cost me a single stroke. First drive of the day was piped 298 yards dead straight.

Hopefully this fatigue goes away quickly as I'm running out of season!

Don't push it, man. Take the time to heal up. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Brought COVID back from my vacation, and while I'm feeling better I definitely have tried to push it too far twice now.

Before I got sick, I shot a 79 (two Sundays ago now) and then somehow pulled off a 78 the morning I started to feel "off." Was wiped out for about five days and tried to play 18 Sunday but quit after about 12 holes because I was exhausted. 

Waited all week to recover some more and tried 18 again this morning. I made it through about 11 or 12 holes before just hitting a wall and calling it quits.

Played OK for the first nine holes both times, shooting 40 and 39. My putting was horrendous today, which was unfortunate because my driver didn't cost me a single stroke. First drive of the day was piped 298 yards dead straight.

How are you liking your wedges?

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Good luck, the thing really does take a toll on the energy side of things.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

36 minutes ago, bens197 said:

How are you liking your wedges?

Biggest gamechanger for me with the wedges has been the grind. There's a lot of forgiveness baked into the Edel V grind that I didn't have with my Cobra MIMs. The leading edge relief and the trailing bounce really work well for my swing, especially off of the mushy and wet bluegrass fairways I spend most of my time on. 

The moveable weight is a nice touch also, especially in the toe where it really excels around the greens. I can hit a nice high and soft pitch now that really wasn't part of my game before. My short game touch has left me over the past two weeks or so, but overall I'm pretty comfortable around the greens now. 

I do miss the black finish of the MIMs, which was much nicer in the harsh morning light. But the Edels have definitely secured their spot in my bag.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

42 yesterday in a league sub night... with triple on the last. Devastating finish from just too much heat and sweat. Honestly thought on the last tee shot my 5 iron was going to come out of my hand. Back at it tonight, then a weekend away from golf, which will be nice.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Ever run into a course that's rating and slope doesn't match how it actually plays?  I  Played Santa Anita for the first time from the tips and was happy to walk away with a 46/46 92.  Not too bad for having to hit every shot aside from the tee with the ball well above or well below my feet.  

It's only 6400 yards from the tips, but what I did not realize even with the description of 'links like undulations' was exactly how big, steep, and everywhere those undulations are.  There's hardly a flat lie on the course.  On top of that almost every green was raised, protected by bunkers, postage stamp small, and heavily sloped.  Unfortunately they were also painfully slow which didn't help the day for me.  There wasn't a single hole that wowed me but taken as a whole it's a great course.  If the conditioning were closer to CC than muni it would probably be a top course in the LA area.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond