Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Biggest gamechanger for me with the wedges has been the grind. There's a lot of forgiveness baked into the Edel V grind that I didn't have with my Cobra MIMs. The leading edge relief and the trailing bounce really work well for my swing, especially off of the mushy and wet bluegrass fairways I spend most of my time on. 

The moveable weight is a nice touch also, especially in the toe where it really excels around the greens. I can hit a nice high and soft pitch now that really wasn't part of my game before. My short game touch has left me over the past two weeks or so, but overall I'm pretty comfortable around the greens now. 

I do miss the black finish of the MIMs, which was much nicer in the harsh morning light. But the Edels have definitely secured their spot in my bag.

Glad to hear...I haven't been as dedicated to the forum as much lately for some personal reasons but the Edel test was one I was looking forward to read.  I'll get into it soon.  

Keep up the good play 🙂

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Had a decent front nine, felt like I was striking the ball well but was getting lots of bad bounces and kicks. Still managed a 41. But my round fell off the rails on the back nine, started missing my lines and was still getting bad bounces and went on a run of bogeys and doubles.

Somehow though on the last few holes my driver started straightening out a bit from my usual cut, so I decided to take a very aggressive line on the last hole. Started directly over the houses on the left of the hole, with a baby fade to cut the corner. Normally I play this hole safe with an iron into the fairway, since a short drive is in the first pond, and too much fade finds the second pond, but I hit a near-perfect drive and managed to birdie the hole for the first time ever.

IMG_1E5547266BCF-1.jpeg.2718b753feddc9c49bfc9d3189243597.jpeg

Ended up with an 85, which is right on my course handicap. If I had managed to avoid my 6-hole blowup on the back nine (I was +9 on holes 11-16) I feel like breaking 80 was in the cards. Alas, it will have to wait until another day!

IMG_4501.JPG.47f0e4f00d6411a819fe34e60681dcd2.JPG

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

2 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

38 in my actual league night, might get a skin. Double bogey on the last... so getting better 😉

👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Had a decent front nine, felt like I was striking the ball well but was getting lots of bad bounces and kicks. Still managed a 41. But my round fell off the rails on the back nine, started missing my lines and was still getting bad bounces and went on a run of bogeys and doubles.

Somehow though on the last few holes my driver started straightening out a bit from my usual cut, so I decided to take a very aggressive line on the last hole. Started directly over the houses on the left of the hole, with a baby fade to cut the corner. Normally I play this hole safe with an iron into the fairway, since a short drive is in the first pond, and too much fade finds the second pond, but I hit a near-perfect drive and managed to birdie the hole for the first time ever.

IMG_1E5547266BCF-1.jpeg.2718b753feddc9c49bfc9d3189243597.jpeg

Ended up with an 85, which is right on my course handicap. If I had managed to avoid my 6-hole blowup on the back nine (I was +9 on holes 11-16) I feel like breaking 80 was in the cards. Alas, it will have to wait until another day!

IMG_4501.JPG.47f0e4f00d6411a819fe34e60681dcd2.JPG

I hate bad bounces.  I get more of them than good bounces.  Why can't the ball just go where I aimed it?  🥴

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I hate bad bounces.  I get more of them than good bounces.  Why can't the ball just go where I aimed it?  🥴

Or as is more the case for me, if the ball is going a little bit right of where I aimed, why does it always bounce further right? Why doesn’t it bounce back to the middle?

I mean, you would think it would be 50/50, but that hasn’t been my experience 😬😜

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

8 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Or as is more the case for me, if the ball is going a little bit right of where I aimed, why does it always bounce further right? Why doesn’t it bounce back to the middle?

I mean, you would think it would be 50/50, but that hasn’t been my experience 😬😜

Aim more left?  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Elementary Watson....just plain physics.  🙂  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Aim more left?  🤣

But you know that if I do that the ball will bounce left … 😜

Orthopedic Doc says I’m good to go with golf just not full swing…..yet.  Have a Tuesday morning Tee Time. 
Also said I can drive…..oops that ship sailed 2 weeks ago.  
I’m cleared to do anything except dental work.  Modern Medicine is incredible.

Rick

Left Hand, 

13 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Orthopedic Doc says I’m good to go with golf just not full swing…..yet.  Have a Tuesday morning Tee Time. 

That's awesome to hear! 

25 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Yeah, not for awhile; my doctor said to take amoxicillin before the dentist visit.  He thought I should take it before every visit... forever!. Cheap insurance.  However, my dentist said that after a year or so, it's not needed so I quit after 5 years.  

34 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Yeah, not for awhile; my doctor said to take amoxicillin before the dentist visit.  He thought I should take it before every visit... forever!. Cheap insurance.  However, my dentist said that after a year or so, it's not needed so I quit after 5 years.  

Doc told me pretty much the same.  They are supplying me with the antibiotics B4 dentist visit.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played 10 holes with LarryD today at his club. Respect of lightning chased us off the course.

I was 2 over for 10 holes, lots of really solid shots, 3 memorable 9 woods and a very nice birdie on 1. 

I’m hitting it well right now. The course was in great shape. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 7/21/2022 at 12:42 PM, Syks7 said:

Ever run into a course that's rating and slope doesn't match how it actually plays? 

Yup, every week. My home course is way harder than the numbers would lead you to believe. Anyone that comes in as a guest or even new members all say that the course is not rated properly.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1st time out in 1.5 months and it showed. Measly 89 with 5(!!) 3 putts. Can’t remember having more than 2 in a round before. Also topped my irons like 4 times. Good news is, I “still” shot 89 and drove it great. Only missed 3 fairways and 2 were on the edge. Distance was there too. 

Oh well, hopefully knocked the rust off for Pursell Farms tomorrow!!C271245B-0A14-4FEE-8C5B-6835A411DF7A.jpeg.b6c509328bbfdf7e76caabdb4872f1fe.jpeg

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

Doc told me pretty much the same.  They are supplying me with the antibiotics B4 dentist visit.

After the first one, my dentist prescribed them.  I think they cost $1.00 for a year's supply.  🤣  Only once did I forget to take them one hour before my appt.  

On 7/21/2022 at 10:42 AM, Syks7 said:

Ever run into a course that's rating and slope doesn't match how it actually plays?  

Yes, absolutely.  I've read about the method used to establish course rating and slope but many surprise me.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Saturday nine. 47

had some great drives. Rest of the play was not so good. Glad I now have Shotscope to help guide my practice.

had two chances to get on par 5s in two over cooked a 4i on 8  then on 9, somehow pushed my 7i (I haven’t had a push with that club since I got the set).

lots of potential in my game once I piece it together  

image.png.ed61a3b596d4806880ddbcb40dab0c4d.png

image.png.f40577deb516d33ee1dc760ea9222d73.png
image.png.db92b3519743aa9ecf5e0e8d41116e79.png

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Played pretty well today... 76 and it was not one of my better driving days.  Shot EVEN par 37 on the front with two birdies and a +4 39 on the back nine.  Bogeys on 10, 11, and 12 was somewhat deflating, but started making pars again that included two sandy pars.

I played pretty good today. Today was the third day of the club championship so pin positions on some of the greens were testy ones. No birdies today but only one bogey on 15. See my rules thread question to understand. I wasn't playing in the championship, I was playing my normal solo 8 am first one off Sunday ritual.

I get to the course and there is a fivesome just about ready to tee off. One was on the range, two putting and two trying to hurry up the other three. Since they were not on the tee box, away I went. I saw them follow right in behind me. It never ceases to amaze me how slowly people can play. To give you a feel for how slow. I was teeing off on 18 (and I played the 17 holes before that!) and they were teeing off on 7.  I even had to wait a couple times for the greens mower and a guy moving pin positions. In two hours and 15 minutes they played 7 holes. They didn't even get to any par 5's yet. They were looking at a 6 hour round on an empty course. 

26 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It never ceases to amaze me how slowly people can play. 

It's wild isn't it.  I dont get how people do it.  Even when I was a beginner I hated standing around.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

4 minutes ago, Syks7 said:

It's wild isn't it.  I dont get how people do it.  Even when I was a beginner I hated standing around.

It's not like it's fall weather either. It's 88 degrees and humid here today.

42 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I played pretty good well today.

... Reminds me of a Steven Wright bit: "My girlfriend asked me if I slept well last night and I said No ... I made a few mistakes". 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x