TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... Been really struggling with my game since Bronchitis hit me almost 6 weeks ago. Started steroids Saturday and they really helped but I am going in for a chest x ray and hopefully I won't need antibiotics. Anyway the steroids took away the worst symptoms and I kinda felt close to normal today and shot 72 on aerated greens so it could have been lower I think. Hit the ball as well as I have in months and my swing felt effortless, again something I haven't felt recently. I think I have made the decision to sell my Stealth because the Sim Max is virtually identical when hit well and when hit poorly there isn't a lot of difference. But I will need a few more rounds to verify since I am feeling and swinging better again.

Man did not know you were sick--- You shooting 72 when you are sick you are hell when you are well. But then I have always been told beware of the injured or sick golfer.

I ended up playing 27 yesterday. Played my dew sweeper round with my front line stuff to experiment some. Took the M-6 back out to try to get more out of it. Naah no control so the beloved Honma is still in. It is a little shorter but I can control it better than any driver I ever owned. I have been putting terrible lately switching up putters. I actually threatned to drag out my B-90 Ping broomhandle back out and I did. Now me and Rusty Scotty have always had a thing going I love that rusty ugly thing. I did some mods on it basically putting it back stock shaft and length. In fact put the original rusty shaft back in it along with the Lamkin standard 3 GL grip I first had on it which is the same as the red stock Scotty grips. I went back to my old putting stance too. Now days I think I can play like that but can not do long practice sessions. I will have to rely on feel and instinct there. At least I scared the hole with it. I did use the broomstick some with limited success. Decided to go with Scotty. My other experiment turned out fine too. Saturday I had cracked the shaft in the 3 wood and did not have a NVS 65 R around. Did one of my old tricks. Pulled a stock TM Reax shaft 55g soft tip out of an old R-5 driver. Tipped it .25 put it in and butt trimmed to .50 over 3 wood length I surprise myself sometimes. That thing is a cannon. Picked up about 7 yards with it and no it was not me because I hit all my other clubs the same. I had went out at 06:45 and even practicing I was done by 8:00 or so. Sat back had me a Pedelyte and a banana. Hmm I feel pretty good. Only a hand full of the Mens group showed up so I hit the back side after putting the broomstick and M-6 in the car. Got myself in the right frame of mind to really try and play my game. Played my game and shot even par doing stuff my way. The front side was wide open so I kept on. The front side is harder but I shot even par with 2 birdies. Even par for me best so far since the accident. I feel that my putting was not exactly spot on but maybe coming back. I had not played that much golf in one session since the accident. I felt that with the practice 9 I played the equlivent of 36. I was ok last night and this morning no pain or stiffness whatsoever.

I am also stoked I was asked by the owners of my course to be a Royal Member I was already a Red Member. The Royal Membership is limited and you can only get in if someone passes or sells their membership. It also has to be approved by the owners. You pay a set fee and it is good for 5 years and the option to renew at a discounted rate. Does not cost me anything anytime to play and cart fees are included I can play as much as I want and unlimited range balls free too. Plus events are half cost for example the Saturday Shootout non members it is $45 Red Card Members it is $35 now with me being a Royal Member it is $20. It was a no brainer. I was stoked to even be asked out of the blue by both owners. Yeah I can basically play any time I want plus if needed I have priority tee times too. My wife loves it as she says it gets me off my butt and out of the house.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Golf league round last night was a rough go. Was playing poorly and we score stableford, so the last two holes I decided to try my hand at a long drive swing haha. Both drives ended up 50+ yards left. Basically no green to work with, I stuffed each approach from 155 and 160 to 15 feet and made both putts for birdie. Golf is a crazy game

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

6 hours ago, Philip_R said:

Those are some seriously long putts. First time I read your post I thought you made those 3 putts and 3 putted from shorter range. 🤦‍♂️

Do those greens have a lot of slope on them?

Yes, they have a fair amount of slope. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Finally feeling well enough to get back out and play a full 18. Still getting a little winded from walking, but the physical exhaustion seems to be gone.

41/39 -> 80 / 79 adjusted. Drove the ball pretty well, ending up with a couple 275 yarders on very wet and long fairways and an absolute bomb of 300 yards. Irons and wedges were OK, putting was abysmal with 37 putts.

Trying to get from upper 70s-80 range to mid-lower 70s seems so far away at this point. For those of you who do that routinely, I'm so impressed. I only hit two really bad shots today and it cost me like four strokes. Oh well, keep grinding and hopefully my putting will come around again. I missed three putts inside of five feet today and that can't happen either.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

6 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Man did not know you were sick--- You shooting 72 when you are sick you are hell when you are well. But then I have always been told beware of the injured or sick golfer.

I ended up playing 27 yesterday. Played my dew sweeper round with my front line stuff to experiment some. Took the M-6 back out to try to get more out of it. Naah no control so the beloved Honma is still in. It is a little shorter but I can control it better than any driver I ever owned. I have been putting terrible lately switching up putters. I actually threatned to drag out my B-90 Ping broomhandle back out and I did. Now me and Rusty Scotty have always had a thing going I love that rusty ugly thing. I did some mods on it basically putting it back stock shaft and length. In fact put the original rusty shaft back in it along with the Lamkin standard 3 GL grip I first had on it which is the same as the red stock Scotty grips. I went back to my old putting stance too. Now days I think I can play like that but can not do long practice sessions. I will have to rely on feel and instinct there. At least I scared the hole with it. I did use the broomstick some with limited success. Decided to go with Scotty. My other experiment turned out fine too. Saturday I had cracked the shaft in the 3 wood and did not have a NVS 65 R around. Did one of my old tricks. Pulled a stock TM Reax shaft 55g soft tip out of an old R-5 driver. Tipped it .25 put it in and butt trimmed to .50 over 3 wood length I surprise myself sometimes. That thing is a cannon. Picked up about 7 yards with it and no it was not me because I hit all my other clubs the same. I had went out at 06:45 and even practicing I was done by 8:00 or so. Sat back had me a Pedelyte and a banana. Hmm I feel pretty good. Only a hand full of the Mens group showed up so I hit the back side after putting the broomstick and M-6 in the car. Got myself in the right frame of mind to really try and play my game. Played my game and shot even par doing stuff my way. The front side was wide open so I kept on. The front side is harder but I shot even par with 2 birdies. Even par for me best so far since the accident. I feel that my putting was not exactly spot on but maybe coming back. I had not played that much golf in one session since the accident. I felt that with the practice 9 I played the equlivent of 36. I was ok last night and this morning no pain or stiffness whatsoever.

I am also stoked I was asked by the owners of my course to be a Royal Member I was already a Red Member. The Royal Membership is limited and you can only get in if someone passes or sells their membership. It also has to be approved by the owners. You pay a set fee and it is good for 5 years and the option to renew at a discounted rate. Does not cost me anything anytime to play and cart fees are included I can play as much as I want and unlimited range balls free too. Plus events are half cost for example the Saturday Shootout non members it is $45 Red Card Members it is $35 now with me being a Royal Member it is $20. It was a no brainer. I was stoked to even be asked out of the blue by both owners. Yeah I can basically play any time I want plus if needed I have priority tee times too. My wife loves it as she says it gets me off my butt and out of the house.

Congratulations!!!  Christmas came early!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

17 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Dang!  Should have hollered.  It's been a long time since I played Bear Mountain Ranch and even longer since I played the muni (played a pro-am when I was an 18 hcp... max hcp for the tournament was 16.  Needless to say...  

My wife went to Spokane this morning with two groups of ladies to play Hangman Valley (Oops! I mean Latah Creek for those sensitive types 😂) this afternoon, then playing The Creek at Qualchan in the morning before coming home.  I wasn't invited.

I thought I would walk 9 holes this morning; made it through 6 before I had to quit due to slow play; very hot and humid after the irrigation all night and I needed a shower before my appointment.

I would have loved that but it was the same week as the PNW play along.. so I thought you and others might be a little busy.. 

I have not Played Latah Creek (Hangman), I have played The Creek at Qualchan, what a great course.. 4 of us would take a trip each spring to play Coeur D' Alene and play 1 of the Spokane courses, since they used to be pretty cheap and always in great shape.. we played Coeur D' Alene and Circling Raven each a few times, and then The Creek at Qualchan, Esmerelda, and Indian Canyon. Our last trip we got in Gamble Sands, Bear Mountian Ranch, Highlander, and Desert Canyon.. Since then My FIL, and His best friend have both lost significant eyesight and being in their 70's and 80's have almost all but given up golf.. My FIL, still has his certificate for Paring the Floating green hanging in his workshop.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Played in a 36 hole qualifier for the Cleveland Amateur over the weekend. I had 85s both days, so I did not qualify. The first day everything was just kind of off a little bit. The second day I was off to a really good start as I was only +4 through 12, then imploded with +9 on the last 6 as my iron play went to hell and I missed some short putts. It wasn't that bad of a weekend, but I felt like I could have been 5-7 shots better over the weekend and I still finished in the middle of the pack. 85s aren't bad scores given my handicap and the tees/slope of the course. There's a stableford tourney at this same course towards the end of August that I'm going to play in as well.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

36 minutes ago, Reesedw said:

I would have loved that but it was the same week as the PNW play along.. so I thought you and others might be a little busy.. 

I have not Played Latah Creek (Hangman), I have played The Creek at Qualchan, what a great course.. 4 of us would take a trip each spring to play Coeur D' Alene and play 1 of the Spokane courses, since they used to be pretty cheap and always in great shape.. we played Coeur D' Alene and Circling Raven each a few times, and then The Creek at Qualchan, Esmerelda, and Indian Canyon. Our last trip we got in Gamble Sands, Bear Mountian Ranch, Highlander, and Desert Canyon.. Since then My FIL, and His best friend have both lost significant eyesight and being in their 70's and 80's have almost all but given up golf.. My FIL, still has his certificate for Paring the Floating green hanging in his workshop.. 

OK, I thought it was last week.  Next time.  We go to Spokane a lot since my wife grew up there; nice courses.  In winter we get a lot of players from Spokane coming down to play for a few days when they have snow on the ground!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I sucked. Puked out a 90. No driver until the back and irons were hell all day but I was putting like a bastard. All 1 and 2 putts for 30.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, MattF said:

I sucked. Puked out a 90. No driver until the back and irons were hell all day but I was putting like a bastard. All 1 and 2 putts for 30.

A good day of putting can make a mediocre round feel pretty good. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

4 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Played in a 36 hole qualifier for the Cleveland Amateur over the weekend. I had 85s both days, so I did not qualify. The first day everything was just kind of off a little bit. The second day I was off to a really good start as I was only +4 through 12, then imploded with +9 on the last 6 as my iron play went to hell and I missed some short putts. It wasn't that bad of a weekend, but I felt like I could have been 5-7 shots better over the weekend and I still finished in the middle of the pack. 85s aren't bad scores given my handicap and the tees/slope of the course. There's a stableford tourney at this same course towards the end of August that I'm going to play in as well.

I like it man at least you tried. I will give you an A for effort and never give up keep on trying

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

4 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

... I vividly remember my first Chicago Am and the combination of anticipation mixed with over bearing dread. Guys on the first tee hitting it much longer than me and in the fairway. But many fell apart when they needed their short game and it was a great learning experience. But as Stu said, congrats for putting yourself out there. Nothing quite like seriously competitive tournament golf and the adrenaline of seeing how you match up with other golfers.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

First time out this morning after my knee replacement 7 weeks ago,  great to be out again.  Warm morning, light breeze and humidity wasn’t bad.  Just did the “chip & putt” thing and that was about all I could and want to do.  Had to get used to walking up and down a few minor hills, downhill not so good.  
I will definitely need a bit of practice as I stunk chipping, putter was OK. 
Have a 7:00am Tee Time with Bacon Boyz Friday!!  

Rick

Left Hand, 

28 minutes ago, Rickp said:

First time out this morning after my knee replacement 7 weeks ago,  great to be out again.  Warm morning, light breeze and humidity wasn’t bad.  Just did the “chip & putt” thing and that was about all I could and want to do.  Had to get used to walking up and down a few minor hills, downhill not so good.  

Somewhere about 7-8 weeks after my second knee replacement, my 2nd outing was a "Guys and Dolls" scramble and I had my first and only hole in one. So...you got that to look forward to!  😄  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

42 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Advice from experience do not push yourself too hard and expect a lot from yourself. As usual SOP for me I was hardheaded and pushed myself WFO not once but twice and had 2 relapses. Set back my really trying to play a year or so. I am just now starting to gradually climb out of that hole I dug for myself. So please take it easy

G

2 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Advice from experience do not push yourself too hard and expect a lot from yourself. As usual SOP for me I was hardheaded and pushed myself WFO not once but twice and had 2 relapses. Set back my really trying to play a year or so. I am just now starting to gradually climb out of that hole I dug for myself. So please take it easy

Definitely great advise.  10-15 years ago I would be pushing and do something stupid.  Now at almost 76 I actually listen!!  Took a while to catch on.

Rick

Left Hand, 

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

Definitely great advise.  10-15 years ago I would be pushing and do something stupid.  Now at almost 76 I actually listen!!  Took a while to catch on.

Yep we hopefully get wiser with age and experience---- Yes I admit I got hardheaded and stupid. Part of it for me was psycological. I had never in my life been hurt and laid up that bad and refused to accept it at that stage of life. My neuroligist said in his 33 years of practicing medicine he had never seen anyone push it as hard as I did. For once in my life I have had to dicipline myself in life as also in golf. To be honest I have came to accept it and really have came to somewhat relish in it. Yeah I joke around and tell folks my age is 65 my mind is 25 (still) but my back is like a 75 year old. LOL one of my running partners is a spry 80 year old who still has game. One of our running jokes is the fact his back is in better shape than mine. He will quip at me before playing for me to be loose because he does not want to hear my back and knee popping like pop corn. BTW nothing wrong with his hearing either he does not need hearing aids either at his age. Glad to see you out playing again

G

6 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Yep we hopefully get wiser with age and experience---- Yes I admit I got hardheaded and stupid. Part of it for me was psycological. I had never in my life been hurt and laid up that bad and refused to accept it at that stage of life. My neuroligist said in his 33 years of practicing medicine he had never seen anyone push it as hard as I did. For once in my life I have had to dicipline myself in life as also in golf. To be honest I have came to accept it and really have came to somewhat relish in it. Yeah I joke around and tell folks my age is 65 my mind is 25 (still) but my back is like a 75 year old. LOL one of my running partners is a spry 80 year old who still has game. One of our running jokes is the fact his back is in better shape than mine. He will quip at me before playing for me to be loose because he does not want to hear my back and knee popping like pop corn. BTW nothing wrong with his hearing either he does not need hearing aids either at his age. Glad to see you out playing again

I did a little “light” weeding this morning, FL it’s a 12 month a year job!  Going to start trimming some shrubs that got carried away while I’ve been down.  Only couple shrubs at a time!! 
Looking forward to Friday golf.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Visiting my Daughter in Indiana, awaiting arrival of a grand baby.  Had plans to play today with Grandson, Daughters bf and ex wife’s hubby, but Mother Nature had other plans….Rain!  Plans to play with my High School buddy at his club next week in Frankfort, KY

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

13 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Almost a legendary day. I shot my age and my pard missed shooting his age by one stroke. 🤪  Par on the last hole and my 80yr old amigo shoots under his age, but he 3 putted from about 20 feet for a double and an 81. My driver was working better than it has all year so very happy about that. Played my winter course that has dormant bermuda "rough" with hard fast fairways and greens but with the intense summer heat they water much more and it is lush green with slow running fairways and greens so a completely different course. I played a combo of silver/gold so only about 6200yds and since my driver was working so well it actually played pretty short. 

aSC.jpg.49283d13fdaeb08b4762cca36a11d2dc.jpg

Nice!!  Get the "Shot my age" badge!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played in my men's league yesterday.  Need to work on mental consistency and not making stupid club choices. Nothing like finishing double, double to what could of been a nice 9 hole score. Ah well, there's always next week.

MDGolfHackler

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... Almost a legendary day. I shot my age and my pard missed shooting his age by one stroke. 🤪  Par on the last hole and my 80yr old amigo shoots under his age, but he 3 putted from about 20 feet for a double and an 81. My driver was working better than it has all year so very happy about that. Played my winter course that has dormant bermuda "rough" with hard fast fairways and greens but with the intense summer heat they water much more and it is lush green with slow running fairways and greens so a completely different course. I played a combo of silver/gold so only about 6200yds and since my driver was working so well it actually played pretty short. 

aSC.jpg.49283d13fdaeb08b4762cca36a11d2dc.jpg

Great day for both of you!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

First day back after dealing with my kidney stone issue and 2 weeks between rounds.  It showed.  I was hoping for better results, but alas that didn't pan out.  Thursday is our MGA day and is always a shotgun start.  We started on #12, a par 3.  I hit the green in regulation, but promptly 3 putted the slower than normal green.  Shot an 84, which included a penalty for hitting the wrong ball and a triple bogey.  Just seemed to struggle all day with decent ball striking, as well as putting.  Too much on my mind not related to the task at hand didn't help matters.  I did manage a birdie on my home hole, par 5 #18.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I no longer play often enough to justify the expense of my membership, but it's hard to completely give up on a game that you've played for so many decades.   My game will never again be what it was.  It's physically impossible.  

Thinking of myself as a former player, however, is almost like thinking of myself as formerly being alive.

Thus, I show up at the club every so often for breakfast, and if there's a game to be had, I drag my ass out there.

I suppose that I'll have all eternity to rest soon enough!

Too bad about Ben Hogan Golf, by the way.  That brand revival has had buzzard's luck.  

Here's a quick edit.   Don't pay any attention to that nine handicap anymore.

Edited by BostonSal

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

About ready to give up the game after last night's round.  I was playing a match against a good friend and started off on fire.  Great up and down par save on the first hole followed by back to back 10 foot birdies.  On the fourth hole I chunked an iron short of the green on a par 3 only to chip in for my third straight birdie.  My opponent's response was something along the lines of "F- you!".  Three up after four holes.

Fast forward a few holes and I was three under par after 11 and up four in the match.  Here are my remaining holes:

12: three putt bogey
13: par 3 chunked wedge for a bogey
14: water off the tee; double
15: woods off the tee; double
16: wrong hole off the tee; bogey
17: PAR!
18: woods off the tee; bogey

I ended up losing the match on the 18th hole.  Overall my splits were 34-43 for a 77 and feeling like I was run over by a Mack truck.

The last thing I said to everyone before I left?  "See you Saturday."

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter