Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Moved from the Shot of the day thread... still hot from the round today!!

My wife and I got paired with a twosome this morning.  One guy looked familiar... I used to work with him from 1975-1980.  Lots of old times to talk about!!  Well, their golf games sucked.  Mine wasn't the best either.

I started... Birdie-Par-Double-Birdie-Double and finished the front nine with a 43 (+6).  The back nine was better; shot 38 (+3) for a round of 81.  One of my poorest driving days in quite awhile.  Also, it was difficult to make up anything on the greens as they were much slower than normal.  Maintenance put something on them that made them "sticky"... fungicide, I think.  I could feel it on the ball after putting.  Probably causes cancer; I wonder if I'll see an ad on TV from some law group telling me to call right now!!  😬

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I wonder if I'll see an ad on TV from some law group telling me to call right now!!

... I saw a joke a few days ago and a guy was in a car accident and banged up pretty good. The first person arriving at the scene asked "Are you seriously injured?" and he responded "How should I know, I'm not a lawyer!"

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 hour ago, JerryB said:

After teeing off on seven, Mark realized he'd lost his phone so he peeled off to search for it. 

I have never lost my phone from the pocket of my golf bag... where it stays when I play.  I'm not that important and everything can wait until I'm done.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

39 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I have never lost my phone from the pocket of my golf bag... where it stays when I play.  I'm not that important and everything can wait until I'm done.  😂

He's on his phone CONSTANTLY!  He got into sports betting earlier this year and he's always placing bets or looking for info.  He's a great friend and has been an incredible help as we've gotten into golf but he's got some infuriating golf quirks.  He's got the longest pre-shot routine that I've ever played with, and he has a bad habit of teeing off last so he can sit on his phone, then he doesn't even get up until after everyone else has hit.  He can also get caught up in conversation regularly.  

To be fair, pace of play has almost never been an issue with him.  I'm actually on the opposite end of the spectrum; nobody plays quicker than me and I could definitely stand to slow down and smell the flowers a little more.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

2 week layoff for me (thanks Covid) but managed a 79 for my 1st round back. 6 Fir 11 Gir 2/6 up & down, with a whopping 36 putts. Surprised I shot that well, honestly. I felt exhausted after about 12 holes. Wouldn’t have made it if I was walking today…

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

1 hour ago, JerryB said:

He's on his phone CONSTANTLY!  He got into sports betting earlier this year and he's always placing bets or looking for info.  He's a great friend and has been an incredible help as we've gotten into golf but he's got some infuriating golf quirks.  He's got the longest pre-shot routine that I've ever played with, and he has a bad habit of teeing off last so he can sit on his phone, then he doesn't even get up until after everyone else has hit.  He can also get caught up in conversation regularly.  

To be fair, pace of play has almost never been an issue with him.  I'm actually on the opposite end of the spectrum; nobody plays quicker than me and I could definitely stand to slow down and smell the flowers a little more.

Someone constantly on the phone would probably get to me after a while. Just irritating.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

15 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I know what you mean about knowing how teams will finish. You play with a group long enough, you just know. 😉

I love the layout of your home course, and I’m so happy to hear it’s in great shape now!

I used to play in their shootout every week when I only came down for the winter 12-15 years ago ( man, the years fly by). They always had a little breakfast setup, 3 or 4 10’ hero’s and raffles afterward. I loved it! The owners there are locals, and couldn’t be better people.
When I played with the Flounders, we would play there 2x a year, because we wanted to support them, and they would give us a free replay coupon each time.  As the years went by, the Flounders had a lot of turnover, and the new guys complained about it so much we stopped playing there. I told the guy who runs the league, in my 15 years of playing, when he dropped them from the schedule it was the only time I was ashamed to be associated with the group.

Im glad you’re feeling better also buddy. Now if this weather would just let up a bit we’ll be firing on all cylinders!

Indigo has the same owners and basically the same atmosphere. I know about the Flounders traveling group. Now the Sandpipers I know quite a few of them and sometimes they come down and play with us usually a seperate event. They have a waiting list but I have some inside info and can join. In fact I was planning that when I got hurt. After my recovery I have been content to stick around Indigo because it is by the house. I went ahead a couple of weeks ago when the opportunity presented itself to purchase the full Royal Membership. I can play as much as I want to and it does not cost me zilch. I basically get out early and no one bothers me. Yep I am pretty well content there. Lots of people do not know this but that course plays a lot harder than the card indicates. One of the things I like is it sets up well for me from different tees with what equipment I choose to play that day. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Exactly mine stays in my car if I bother to bring it. I have always marched to the beat of my own drum and been rebellious. I dont do e mails either. I am not good at texting because of my bannana fingers either. I only answer calls and messages from numbers I have programmed in my phone. Had someone ask what seems to be a standard question these days " what if your wife needs you?" Well first off she knows darn well where I am at and if need be my course has a land line and everyone there knows me and someone can come get me. Other than her in my life these days nothing but her or our dog constitutes an emergency in my world. Yep I am one who does not live life with a phone on my hip at all times.

IMHO it is a sad state of affairs when pastors ( mine included) have to remind people at the start of services to turn off their cell phones. Yet from where I sit I see them all the time either texting or on the internet during services. And it is just not young people either it can be folks my age or even older. IMHO if they are going to do that why bother to go to church at all. Now I commented on that one time and someone said well some have the Bible on their phone. Yeah ok I will buy that but they aint reading the scripture text the whole sermon. 

Now I know I am harsh sometimes and I can see someone that is a professional person on call having to carry one in church etc. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

8 hours ago, JerryB said:

I have been known to leave people talking on their phone---- On the course I usually take my own cart. That came from my back hurt days where I could ride easy and not jar my back. I have more than one time played on and left others sitting talking on the phone. I also hate carrying on a conversation with someone and the phone rings. "oh I gotta take this" I usually walk off. Have done that on more than one occasion. I also hate people standing in line and the phone rings and from listening it is usually BS and then they hold up the line. I have been known to yell at people "HANG UP AND ORDER OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!!!  Lots of businesses here have signs No Cell Phone Usage in Line. People do not pay that any attention they think it does not pertain to them.

At the house at supper time even though it is just me and the wife our phones are cut completely off. Seems most of these sales jerks want to call right in the supper hour. And what is funny is all of the messages are "urgent". LOL told one of those guys one day when I bothered to answer nothing this day in time in my life is "urgent" now unless it involves my wife or the one dog. Now this brain dead zombie kept on about they had left (again) 3 "urgent" messages about extended warranty car insurance and he had the gall to say I had not responded. I told him last time I looked I paid the bill on the phone and I decided who I wanted to talk to and to me his messages were not urgent. If it was urgent enough that he needed to sell extended insurance to eat I suggested he go get a real job at Kroger or something. 

G

July Medal on Saturday for me and started where I left off last week striking the ball well but started going off the rails at the 9th. Pushed 2nd from A one drive left me short sided and a double. Birdie 10 then a double cross on  11 for a triple. A part from that steady for the rest of the round for a 78 and a cut from 7.1 to 6.6.

Playing at Largs GC on Sunday in my 3rd round of the Golf in Scotland series event. Largs was my 1st club when I was a junior so always look forward to it. The greens were the best I played in all year, slick and true. At 6150 yds off the whites not particularly long but the greens are its protection with deceptive burrows and breaks. Came in with 29 points, with my down fall being "Amen Corner" 9, 10 and 11. Off the tee I was cutting the ball and struggled to sort it that left 9 and 10 with long 3h shots in. At the 9th cut the approach and left myself short sided, too smart 3rd into greenside bunker for a blob. 10th setup looking for the cut on my second and went straight into the rough for a lost ball. 2 blobs and a 2 pointer at 11 put an end to me being in contention.

Good news is my putting is improving 28 putts on both rounds. "Zen Golf"? One thing from the book I found I used was the visualisation on short breaking putts, which I've always had problems with. Had a couple really quick ones yesterday and holed them both right in the centre.

Quiet week this week

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

13 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

The weather was great, but I had hoped that on a Sunday afternoon would be less crowded, but it was an almost 5 hour round anyway

Nice round! 🙌🏼 Keep at it and def sign-up for that section tournament! 

and +1 on the pace of play at golf courses across the US. I’m sure it’s been discussed ad nauseam on different threads, but it really is a scrooge for the game.

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

1: fairways and 10 greens, I was in the bunker 6 times yesterday, and was lance wrmstrong for the day playing with one ball. The bad, I didn’t sink one putt and with the greens being hard I had a hard time holding the green even playing shots shorter with high descending angle. 42/41 for and 83. Started off 4/4 in the bunker. I was able to get out each time but it was still a wasted stroke vs being on the green or green side 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Great way to spend your birthday! 👍

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Had a great time playing today with the Fam, even if the scoring wasn’t great. 

887F1C6D-CF26-4DD6-80BA-5B581A95F6EB.jpeg

shot an 84 with a rough start and better finish, but overall didn’t have great command today. Putting got in a groove and I still managed some good shots in each facet of my game to go along with some duds too. 

0F25D5B7-9F2C-4EB8-BE55-5C3BECC833F9.png

370EA81F-63E5-4621-A904-9EE854C396DF.png

The highlight of the day was watching Jackson play after having camp.  Was cool to see the improvement in his swing and mechanics after just one week.

D074E3A7-93F4-4716-B7DF-A62661E45CAE.jpeg

02E23F3C-214D-4012-9953-E43CA5685D4C.jpeg

2903041D-9BED-4A50-BF56-C0E2BABCB0CA.jpeg

hopefully getting back out there again soon!

E3B4CC06-752A-4590-8D51-E0994148F7DD.jpeg

I knew you'd have a great day! Scores don't matter when you are having fun with the family😁

Happy birthday again!

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

40 minutes ago, edingc said:

I've approached the last three rounds focused on my long-term swing changes. Thankfully they aren't too big of changes at this point, and I'm seeing good results. Some of my old habits still came back throughout my last couple rounds, especially when I try to reach back for "something extra" on the ball from time-to-time.

Two hooked tee balls leading to two penalties over the last two days being the result! Still scores were good:

• 38/36 -> 74

Besides the double caused by the tee ball this morning, I cancelled out three bogies with three quality birdies and had some good looks at a few more birdies that didn't fall. 

Hit some really, really solid shots and it feels good to see my driver start to cooperate with me which means the changes in what I'm doing are right. Hit some monsters today despite it being very wet and shaggy in most spots. According to ShotScope my best today were 281, 287, 293, 299 (uphill beauty, maybe the best drive of my life), 309 and 318 (downhill).

Nice round, Cody!!

Antsy to get my Shot Scope H4 in the mail and use it for this Saturday's round. You'll need to post a screenshot on @jlukes hole of the round thread!

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

17 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

Nice round, Cody!!

Antsy to get my Shot Scope H4 in the mail and use it for this Saturday's round. You'll need to post a screenshot on @jlukes hole of the round thread!

Thanks! I tried my best not to get too frustrated with myself for the penalty and kept my cool better than I have recently. Resigning myself to committing to changes and scores being what they may be during that period is helpful. Otherwise I tend to get too wrapped up into the score and not the progress. (That being said, I probably hit another seven or eight shots this morning that were a bad mix of old/new swing, I just lucked out and missed in places that didn't hurt me too bad.)

You'll like the H4, I think. I keep a rubber band looped around the clip and the device so it doesn't inadvertently fall out. You can still tag the club okay and read distances even with the band running across the middle of the screen. I like mine for the most part! (I will also go post my drive in the thread...)

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver