Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

On 8/8/2022 at 1:10 PM, Lacassem said:

Had a fun tournament last Friday. Was a good time, met a few guys from one of my vendors we use for roof repairs.

great cause all the money went to the fisher house, we’ll worth the money.

4FFFFFC2-0068-4AD0-B3C9-46FBFB3FCC56.jpeg.6343edf2e6c308a247ab335a51e9c7bc.jpeg

course was decent and was 3 of us so we had a lot of extra shots, split them up nicely between the 3 of us.

tee game was meh, but was smoking the 3W off the deck and my irons were A+ again. Started draining putts on the back.

we went -8 with 3 yes read it correctly, 3 bogeys on the front (started on 2) woooooof

we joked around that we just needed to warm up.

this hole was great, my only decent drive of the day and I hit this monster draw 3 wood, hit the front of the green and bounced off pin high.

FF870B75-ED81-41E6-9883-CBBE98761D98.png.7fa11556faab08e54cae1c023f88a0a5.png

Nice start, and I know Overlook well. The second is a tough start with all the water. Lots of trees as well.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

3 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Nice start, and I know Overlook well. The second is a tough start with all the water. Lots of trees as well.

Hit a nice baby draw with the hybrid. Had a long putt for bird though so we pard. We struggled on 6/8/9 unfortunately  which hurt us but awesome course

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

6 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Hit a nice baby draw with the hybrid. Had a long putt for bird though so we pard. We struggled on 6/8/9 unfortunately  which hurt us but awesome course

Three is a beast as well, but I am sure one of you got the drive in the fairway

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

4 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

After the 18 I went to the driving range to figure stuff out - 2 large baskets later I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. We're playing Plum Brook CC tomorrow so I have higher expectations! 

... Good for you! 109 is a summer temperature not a golf score. 😉  Looking forward to hearing about your round tomorrow! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

On 8/8/2022 at 12:10 PM, Lacassem said:

4FFFFFC2-0068-4AD0-B3C9-46FBFB3FCC56.jpeg.6343edf2e6c308a247ab335a51e9c7bc.jpeg

Love the beautiful course photo.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Similar but I got an even higher score today. 53 on the front and 56 on the back - I'm embarrassed to admit it.  We had over 2- 3" of rain last night so to set the stage it was cart path only, the fairways didn't roll at all - I think I saw a wake as the ball landed and crept slowly forward and the greens were lighting fast (they double cut and rolled them for the women's championship later today). #14 where I got a Hole In One a week ago = a 6 today as I couldn't get the ball over the water. The next Par 3 over water - yup 2 balls in for another 6 🤦‍♂️. After the 18 I went to the driving range to figure stuff out - 2 large baskets later I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. We're playing Plum Brook CC tomorrow so I have higher expectations! 

You’ll bounce back from that one pretty quick. Nothing like a little range therapy to straighten things out. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

On 8/8/2022 at 4:45 PM, Alf. S said:

We have the equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle or Twilight Zone at our course, let me try to describe it.

The 2nd and 16th run parallel to each other, the 2nd running south to north and the 16th north to south. The 2nd can be a card wrecker it is a narrow fairway that cambers left to right  with a steep bank of knee high grass and undergrowth on the right and a steep bank running off to the 16th fairway on the left. To compound this the prevailing wind is left to right. For most golfers who hit it left to right the drive is to aim for the left side of the fairway and look for a cut or wind to bring it back to the fairway. Too far left and you hit the bank on the left and the ball heads on the 16th fairway out of sight. 

This mysterious Twilight Zone resides on the 16th Fairway about 200yds off the 16th tee and 240 - 260 yds off the 2nd tee. Balls hit off the 2nd just disappear or they miraculously change manufacturer and number (normally changing from Pro V1 to Top Flite). Balls have been known to lie in the fairway for hours unclaimed by the discerning golfer, identified and left with a shrug. Normally these mysterious incidents happen when the mystical Sages of the club are playing the 16th. These old, weathered Sages usual travel around in 4s and come out between 9am to 1pm every weekday to do their ritual course worshipping.   They can normally seen scampering off into the distance after one of these incidents and if challenged they will impart some of their knowledge, abridge with some Scottish adjectives and nouns.

"I never took your ball, bleep off you bleep"

My Callaway turned into a Top Flite today at the 2nd

There are also know for their pearls of wisdom and 100% hindsight if you play with one of these Sages. No matter your age after you play a bad shot they can be heard saying

"Aye son, I don't think you want to do that"

Better day with driver and approach shots today, changed my setup and now hitting the ball a lot better and consistent. Putter setup was a bit iffy on the front 9 missing 3 from inside 4 feet but sorted this out on the back 9.

image.png.5b41b201faa17137c8b7e1bd75649bc0.png

Played again today game is moving in the right direction 

image.png.c77218286ccf263cb144050055a2e436.png

Drivin still causing me problems but this was mainly due to me coming out of the shot. Remember my description of the 2nd, well cut it down the bank off the tee and made double. Picture below shows the 2nd with the Twilight Zone just above where I played my 3rd shot

image.png.860080467840f4e513b9d6c3e1c0e998.png 3rd again cut and though I had lost my ball right played, realised I was coming out the shot, hit a provisional and drove the green.

image.png.64bdf379b39252b18ebebf331c5f347f.png

4th still a bit concerned about cut so aimed a little to far left and ended up losing the ball. 3 over for the first 4 and 6 over for the remainder. Still tweaking my putting setup had a few good chances for birdie at 2, 10, 14 and 15 missed them all but did make a good one for bogey on 4 after the lost ball. 

Out again today making the most of the good weather then off into Edinburgh for dinner.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Played in the 9 hole golf league last night and I was real happy with a 38.  I had to go through the extra bags in the shop to pull a set together.  My normal gamers were in the car from this past weekend trip and I came home about 3 to find my kid had taken the car for the day as hers is getting worked on and was 2 hours away.  I was out of the info loop on this or I would have got my bag out of the car.

Off the tee I used a 15* version of the hybrid I normally play (18*) so that was familiar.  The fairways were running about 10 on the stimp due to the hot & dry weather so distance wasn't much of an issue!  😄  I used my old Wishon design Golfsmith Tour Cavity 4 - LW irons and the Ping Heppler Fetch putter.  After adjusting to the feel & yardage of the irons on the first two holes the biggest impact was distance control with the wedge game.  I noticed with the irons the ball flight was much higher, a little shorter and being more upright they wanted to go a bit to the left.  Re-calibrated my club selection and aimpoint and things improved for the last 7 holes.  The shots I lost were from flying the green with partial wedge's.  

It was fun to play a 9 with more 'feel' than usual with the irons. 

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I had 2 birdies and 2 bogeys for an even par 35 on my Tuesday night league last night. I've parred the front a handful of times over the years, but its the 1st time this year.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 6-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 (Testing)
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Got out for a quick morning 9 and had one of my best 9 hole scores ever. Shot an even par 36. Moved up from the tips today to have bit more fun and it worked indeed. Driver was much better and hitting the shorter shots into greens was great. I would love to say it was boring but I still missed a handful of greens but mostly just short so I could just run a pitching wedge up like a putt. Hoping to keep the momentum for my round on Saturday.

Played a quick 9 yesterday evening with some buddies (beautiful 79 degree Wisconsin summer day) but shot a 55. I'm a high handicapper still working on getting consistent. Had a great impromptu range session last Saturday with my 5 year old who wanted to go hit some golf balls after his First Tee program finished up last week, unfortunately the ball striking from that session didn't carry over. Hit some great shots off the tee throughout the round but struggled with my 2nd/3rd (on par 5s) shots. Didn't card higher than a 7 on any hole, but a double and triple on the par 3s really put me in a tight spot. Going to focus more on my swing tempo next week when we play again and not get in a hurry from the top of my backswing.

15 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Tuesday Exec 9 at the course in back of our house.  It’s been shut down for 3 months to add a cart path due to excessive water during rain season on the Par 4’s.  
Tees boxes were Ok but greens bumpy. The holes looked like they were cut with a Skill Saw with a dull blade.  
I’m still keeping it simple playing with shots/holes 100/125 max. Everything seems to be coming back slowly which is good, no knee pain at all. 

the "skill saw with a dull blade" made me burst out laughing in the office. All I could think of was the old high school shop saws that were never sharp!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

16 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Played a quick 9 yesterday evening with some buddies (beautiful 79 degree Wisconsin summer day) but shot a 55. I'm a high handicapper still working on getting consistent. Had a great impromptu range session last Saturday with my 5 year old who wanted to go hit some golf balls after his First Tee program finished up last week, unfortunately the ball striking from that session didn't carry over. Hit some great shots off the tee throughout the round but struggled with my 2nd/3rd (on par 5s) shots. Didn't card higher than a 7 on any hole, but a double and triple on the par 3s really put me in a tight spot. Going to focus more on my swing tempo next week when we play again and not get in a hurry from the top of my backswing.

the "skill saw with a dull blade" made me burst out laughing in the office. All I could think of was the old high school shop saws that were never sharp!

That’s the one!!!  It’s in FL!!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

44 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

What course? I grew up in Wisconsin 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

35 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

What course? I grew up in Wisconsin 

Reedsburg Country Club in Reedsburg, WI. Absolutely fantastic public course near Wisconsin Dells. On par with Dells course conditions, half the price!

#LeftyGang

1 minute ago, Jnoble89 said:

Reedsburg Country Club in Reedsburg, WI. Absolutely fantastic public course near Wisconsin Dells. On par with Dells course conditions, half the price!

Cool! I grew up 30 min south of stevens point and had family in Prairie Du Sac that would work at Chula Vista. Beautiful area. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

4 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Played in the 9 hole golf league last night and I was real happy with a 38.  I had to go through the extra bags in the shop to pull a set together.  My normal gamers were in the car from this past weekend trip and I came home about 3 to find my kid had taken the car for the day as hers is getting worked on and was 2 hours away.  I was out of the info loop on this or I would have got my bag out of the car.

Off the tee I used a 15* version of the hybrid I normally play (18*) so that was familiar.  The fairways were running about 10 on the stimp due to the hot & dry weather so distance wasn't much of an issue!  😄  I used my old Wishon design Golfsmith Tour Cavity 4 - LW irons and the Ping Heppler Fetch putter.  After adjusting to the feel & yardage of the irons on the first two holes the biggest impact was distance control with the wedge game.  I noticed with the irons the ball flight was much higher, a little shorter and being more upright they wanted to go a bit to the left.  Re-calibrated my club selection and aimpoint and things improved for the last 7 holes.  The shots I lost were from flying the green with partial wedge's.  

It was fun to play a 9 with more 'feel' than usual with the irons. 

You could of played with a broom and a shovel and still shot that 38!  I saw how solid your game is this weekend😁

MdGolfHacker 

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

11 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Cool! I grew up 30 min south of stevens point and had family in Prairie Du Sac that would work at Chula Vista. Beautiful area. 

Right on!  My in-laws have a cabin in Rome, WI and I typically play the Lake Arrowhead courses a few times a year. Heading up there next weekend as a matter of fact. Lived in Stevens Point when I graduated from college as well and got to play the Country Club there as my friend was the head pro and got to play Sentry World right before moving to Reedsburg.

#LeftyGang

Off to a slow start today.   3 putted the first hole for a bogey, then bogeyed #2 (although to be fair, this hole I am happy with a bogey as it's one that I can't reach in two normally), then on the par 5 #3, I toe jammed the driver OB and made a double.  My 8 iron off the tee on the par 3 was a pull hook that nearly found the pond, but ended up pin high in the grass area between the rocks around the pond and the green.  By the time the fourth player teed off, the rains began.....and rain it did!  For the next 20 minutes we took cover from the downpour beneath the trees, as much as that did.  It rained hard and fast, leaving standing water on the greens and rivers running through the fairways.  When it subsided, we headed for the clubhouse, knowing that the course was going to be unplayable for the immediate future.  When I got home, I noted the rain gauge on my porch showed 0.8 inches in the 30 minutes or so of rain.  Another friend that lives on the other side of the course than I (closer to where we were waiting for the rain to stop) said his gauge read 1.4 inches.  The good news is that after being +4 after 3 holes, I didn't finish playing.  Hopefully, I would have righted the ship, but then again....maybe not!   

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 8/5/2022 at 10:42 AM, JerryB said:

This hole pretty much sums up the round, lol:

Hey a 180 yd 7i!! ..at least ya got that going for ya... 😉

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 8/6/2022 at 2:26 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Hope we see this thread filled up with round from the MGS outing today. 

Haha I was too ashamed.... 🤪

But here are the (very few) highlights:

Saturday/River - 1st hole decent enough tee shot (Gold/Senior tee) into the right rough but high and dry; 2nd shot nailed a 6i (which I rarely hit, usually just my escape from jail club) and and hit the green!; 2 putt par! 2nd hole short Par 3 (the one behind the cottage) .. pin high right and down in the bunker; stabbed it out to the right of the pin; sightly downhill but reasonably straight putt and roll it in for an up & down par!

Sunday/Lakes - another short Par 3 flag back-right .. landed pin high right in the Bermuda rough and kinda short-sided .. bump it out with the LW onto the fringe and ball rolls out even with the pin .. fairly straight putt for another up & down par!

And the rest? The rest is (forgotten) history my friends... 😉

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 8/10/2022 at 10:04 AM, MaxEntropy said:

About a week and a half ago, @DiscipleofPenick made a suggestion that I shorten my iron swing as it had gotten very long (I assume SuperSpeed is at least partially to blame). The past couple rounds have been much better from an iron perspective and I'm really happy about it. Last night in league, a different issue popped up - my intention was to stick with the long swing for driver as it had been working pretty well and reign it in for irons. The problem was I didn't feel right with a driver and I assume I had some awkward in-between swing that wasn't totally effective. I didn't get into any real trouble, just short and weird - a couple pulls and a couple heely sliders. Approach and short game saved me, though, and I ended up with a 39 (+4). I was E on the three par 3's, -1 on the par 5's, and +5 on the par 4's (with 1 double). My best shot was was about a 180 yard 6 iron on the 9th that I stuck to about 10 feet. Never mind that I totally brain-farted the birdie putt and left it 3 feet short 🤦‍♂️. Fortunately, I made the par.

Been there. And 💯 agree that it’s a combination of SuperSpeed and the weighted SKLZ yellow ball trainers that did it for me, too. 

My irons were beginning to get a bit long as well, that I began focusing too much on my take away and shortening my back swing … to the point that I was using just all arms.

Realized after a few holes that I wasn’t really rotating my hips and pushing weight down onto the inside of my right foot. 

Led to a lot of really hard draws, pulls or arrow straight shots that started dead left. Was seeing that both with my driver and iron swings. 

A better hip turn/rotation on the takeaway fixed it. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png