TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

8 hours ago, Syks7 said:

41/42 for an 83 today in a Men's club tournament... Walking in 104 degree heat.  One stroke off a win in gross and net for my flight.

I can honestly say that I think this is the most focused round I have ever played.  I was great off the tee 11/14 FIR.  Reasonable on approach.  only 6 GIR, but the misses were mostly just off for the others and 31 putts.  I had a lot of reasonable birdie looks inside 15' but couldn't get one to drop.  I ended with 10 pars, 6 bogeys, a double, and a triple.  All six of the bogey cleanups were tap ins after burning the edge.  Just like Will Zalatoris 😉 I'm a couple inches away from hitting pay dirt. 

The double was dumb dumb.  I was just off the green on a par 3, got too cute and drop kicked my bump, left 12', burned the edge, the promptly lipped out the resulting two footer, before finally tapping in for the crowd pleasing double.   🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

The triple was the result of two bad swings.  Off the tee I drop kicked a ball right into the hazard in front of the tee.  Laying three I hit a very conservative 6 iron to 230 at the dog leg.  I then pulled three wood swung for the fences and promptly sliced shot 4 into the trees.  😑  Hit a great 58 over and around some trees to 25' and two putted.  Ugh.  

I'm proud of myself though I took it shot by shot, stayed focused, and matched my personal best for pars in a competition.  

Side note:  I think hydration was really key to staying focused today.  I brought 6 bottles of water and gatorade with the aim to drink one every hole (refilling one or more every hole).  It almost worked too well.  I thought I might wet my pants standing on the sixth green and had to hustle over to the bathrooms right after holing out.  😜

image.jpeg.b5eb4d9314dd58b08289d494e0469c65.jpeg

Way to grit it out!!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

3 hours ago, ole gray said:

Best year EVER for most rounds shot in the 70's. I've shot more sub 80 rounds this year than I have in the previous decade.

Hats off to you, Sir! Very nicely done 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3 hours ago, ole gray said:

I was not sure which thread to post this in but here goes my thoughts on my golfing scores/results thus far in 2022. Best year EVER for most rounds shot in the 70's. I've shot more sub 80 rounds this year than I have in the previous decade. With that said, it's August with a few months left to add even more.  My goal is to shoot my age (71) and it bumps to 72 in November so I'll have another stroke to play with. My lowest round this year was a 74 with two doubles so I could have shot my age if only for those two holes. Oh well my eyes are on the prize and I'm going to nail that sucker before 2023 arrives. You gotta believe!

How have I shot boocoo rounds below 80?

*I've practiced a ton with my short game from 40 yards in and have gained a significant amount of skill in that area.

** I am now gaming equipment that I have 100 % confidence in and when you are comfortable with your sticks, good things can happen.  

*** I am driving the ball further and straighter than I have in MANY years.   Ball in the fairway or close to it equals better scores. This year I have hit drives on certain holes that I only could have dreamt of in the past. I work out hard at my gym  three days per week so strength is a big bonus but at my age flexibility trumps muscles. 

I'm ready for some cooler temps to keep me fresh for my shooting 71 .  I walk 95% of my rounds so the heat this year has been rough. Less humidity will definitely help keep my focus up for the back nines. Let's get er done! 💣

maxresdefault.jpeg.808e846c7c27654ef198c9b37a199fa6.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, ole gray said:

I was not sure which thread to post this in but here goes my thoughts on my golfing scores/results thus far in 2022. Best year EVER for most rounds shot in the 70's. I've shot more sub 80 rounds this year than I have in the previous decade. With that said, it's August with a few months left to add even more.  My goal is to shoot my age (71) and it bumps to 72 in November so I'll have another stroke to play with. My lowest round this year was a 74 with two doubles so I could have shot my age if only for those two holes. Oh well my eyes are on the prize and I'm going to nail that sucker before 2023 arrives. You gotta believe!

How have I shot boocoo rounds below 80?

*I've practiced a ton with my short game from 40 yards in and have gained a significant amount of skill in that area.

** I am now gaming equipment that I have 100 % confidence in and when you are comfortable with your sticks, good things can happen.  

*** I am driving the ball further and straighter than I have in MANY years.   Ball in the fairway or close to it equals better scores. This year I have hit drives on certain holes that I only could have dreamt of in the past. I work out hard at my gym  three days per week so strength is a big bonus but at my age flexibility trumps muscles. 

I'm ready for some cooler temps to keep me fresh for my shooting 71 .  I walk 95% of my rounds so the heat this year has been rough. Less humidity will definitely help keep my focus up for the back nines. Let's get er done! 💣

“”Boocoo”!!  Haven’t heard that in a while😁.  
You’re right about the gym for us “seasoned” players.  I’m sure my recovery for shoulder & knee replacements wouldn’t have been as successful without the gym.  
I’m 9 weeks from knee replacement as today kicked a couple of the Boyz asses on the Par 3’s and on a Par 4!  I hit 2 8irons, wedge to 3’ and 1 putt.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

34 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Friday Bacon Boyz Exec 9.  Getting looser everyday.  Played from Regular Tees with 9iron max, if it was a long Par 3 played it as a 2shot to green.  Par 4 was played same way, 2 9irons then chip & putt.  Worked well since I wasn’t pushing it.  
Brought the Putt Out” to practice green, the Boyz checked it out.  A couple of them thought it was a Fancy Door Stop😱

"Shut the front door!!"  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

"Shut the front door!!"  😂

Can’t make this s**t up!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

35 minutes ago, sandpounder said:

Everything was going fine but I could tell something was off with the other single.  He was antisocial, not saying a word, and separating himself from the others in our group.  At the 10th he hit into a greenside bunker.  We were marking our balls & repairing ball marks when he yelled "hey I am not hitting until you all look at me".  We got it, he was getting ready to play out.  We watched.  He skulled it straight across the green like a line drive.  The ball bounced solidly off a tree trunk.  He came out of the bunker screaming every profanity in the book.  He threw his club 50 yards into the next fairway.  He went to his bag and pulled out a couple more clubs and threw them as well.  The whole time he was out of control.  The woman in our group was scared.  We all were silent as he rampaged on & on.  It was a true fit of rage.  He got in his cart and left.  We were all relieved but shook up at the total loss of control we just observed.  I have golfed for 25 years and never saw that kind of behavior before.

... Having seen too up close and personal Larry, he certainly may be suffering from a mental illness. When it is someone you know and care about it is difficult but it can be pretty scary and very unpleasant with a stranger. Or he was just a d!ck. Either way glad everyone is OK and I am sure you 3 enjoyed the rest of your round. Nice 78! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

28 minutes ago, bens197 said:

... Are you related to this guy?

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/retief-goosen-gives-his-tips-picture-perfect-drive

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

9 minutes ago, chisag said:

You’re too kind Sam 😊 

Truthfully, I was waiting to hear him say he blocked it right of right and made birdie 🤣

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/