TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

58 minutes ago, edingc said:

Swing has felt like garbage since about two weeks ago, and the scores have been following the swing, unfortunately.

I think I can count on one hand the number of quality shots I've hit over my past six or seven rounds. All sorts of issues with driver, irons have lost about a club of distance. Blah. I can tell it's getting toward the end of the season.

Averaging about 10 shots over my handicap over those rounds. If not for decent putting and short game, it'd be worse!

So crazy how you can go from playing the best round ball striking wise ever to a string of just awful golf...

I call them rehab rounds...you just have to purge the bag swings out of your system.  If one thing is working well I usually just focus on that and let the bad work itself out.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Swing has felt like garbage since about two weeks ago, and the scores have been following the swing, unfortunately.

I think I can count on one hand the number of quality shots I've hit over my past six or seven rounds. All sorts of issues with driver, irons have lost about a club of distance. Blah. I can tell it's getting toward the end of the season.

Averaging about 10 shots over my handicap over those rounds. If not for decent putting and short game, it'd be worse!

So crazy how you can go from playing the best round ball striking wise ever to a string of just awful golf...

It will come around. I was feeling the same way recently but have been able to turn it around a bit lately. You got this.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

14 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I call them rehab rounds...you just have to purge the bag swings out of your system.  If one thing is working well I usually just focus on that and let the bad work itself out.

100%, I struggle even going to the range when something is out of whack, almost feels like I compound it.....

Agree with @edingcstarting to feel like end of season and I am not ready for that.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 8/15/2022 at 12:16 AM, sandpounder said:

Played as a single today.  What an experience!  I have been playing very well as of late.  Shot a 78, which was a good round for me.  But it is what happened that was unusual.  Got paired with a nice older couple and another single.  Everything was going fine but I could tell something was off with the other single.  He was antisocial, not saying a word, and separating himself from the others in our group.  At the 10th he hit into a greenside bunker.  We were marking our balls & repairing ball marks when he yelled "hey I am not hitting until you all look at me".  We got it, he was getting ready to play out.  We watched.  He skulled it straight across the green like a line drive.  The ball bounced solidly off a tree trunk.  He came out of the bunker screaming every profanity in the book.  He threw his club 50 yards into the next fairway.  He went to his bag and pulled out a couple more clubs and threw them as well.  The whole time he was out of control.  The woman in our group was scared.  We all were silent as he rampaged on & on.  It was a true fit of rage.  He got in his cart and left.  We were all relieved but shook up at the total loss of control we just observed.  I have golfed for 25 years and never saw that kind of behavior before.

That's crazy! It's frightening to think that even on a golf course something like that can happen. Glad it didn't turn out worse for you guys,

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

24 minutes ago, edingc said:

Thanks @GolfSpy_BOS, @bens197, @ejgaudette, @Lacassem. Just had to vent a little. Hard when nothing feels different from before but the results are just bad. I can live with not scoring well, but so much of the fun I get with golf is hitting the ball well regardless of score. Definitely have been trying to ride the good shots but they've been so infrequent and the bad shots have been really, really bad they are just round killers mentally.

I know it will turn around eventually. Just have to keep at it.

I really struggle and get frustrated when I am getting steep and chunking the ball. I can deal with a thin shot here and there but putting a good tee shot and then just absolutely botching it after.

It will come around, come out to MA Bryan and I will make ya feel real good about your game right now 😑

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

38 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I really struggle and get frustrated when I am getting steep and chunking the ball. I can deal with a thin shot here and there but putting a good tee shot and then just absolutely botching it after.

It will come around, come out to MA Bryan and I will make ya feel real good about your game right now 😑

Mark...You keep this up and @GolfSpy_BOS is gonna bury you in the marsh....

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Just now, bens197 said:

Mark...You keep this up and @GolfSpy_BOS is gonna bury you in the marsh....

I am the one with family connections not him 😏

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

11 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

This is where I turn the page...plausible deniability is something I learned in Law 201...🤣

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

umm... my college roommate owns several funeral homes.  I think I got you beat, son.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

7 hours ago, edingc said:

I know it will turn around eventually. Just have to keep at it.

What other choice is there really? That's both the interesting and maddening aspects of this game we try to master. Personally I prefer when all the lugs nuts come lose and wheels fall off at the same time.  Get the rough spell over and done with as opposed to a slow and painful decay 😆.  Your game will soon be back to form - no doubt.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

In the spring was in a bit of a slump with irons resulting in increased number of mis-hits. Tried working it out with several range sessions without success. Then mid June, daughters’ families/grand kids visited for a month and set the clubs aside.  They left mid-July, then I got Covid which kicked my butt for a few days.  Recovered and several more range sessions but no improvement but started getting some ideas on my issue.  

About 10 days ago, played 9 holes, par 37, and shot my lowest ever at 38.  Two days later, broke 80 with a 79 for first time in my life (with 2 3-putts). Sunday, played 9, again par 37 and shot 39, and today, shot 83 (1 major mental mistake and 2 water compacted bunkers) with 10 pars, and 5 1- putts. Most iron and hybrid shots were pured or close to it the past 10 days.  

Question: haven't had the chance to test, but when playing from a greenside bunker, compacted sand and tall face to get over, would a low-bounce wedge be the solution?

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

Played at a Greg Norman designed course near my joint called Sanctuary Lakes and shot 82. I've been struggling with inconsistent swings (there'd be rusty farm gates with more consistent swings than me right now), so my short game has been working overtime to keep my scores in the low 80s. Just have to work on removing the excess movement in my swing. It'll come good though.

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

37 minutes ago, GaryF said:

About 10 days ago, played 9 holes, par 37, and shot my lowest ever at 38.  Two days later, broke 80 with a 79 for first time in my life (with 2 3-putts). Sunday, played 9, again par 37 and shot 39, and today, shot 83 (1 major mental mistake and 2 water compacted bunkers) with 10 pars, and 5 1- putts. Most iron and hybrid shots were pured or close to it the past 10 days.  

Question: haven't had the chance to test, but when playing from a bunker with compacted sand, would a low-bounce wedge be the solution?

Congrats on the personal bests.

I assume you are referring to a greenside bunker.  In my opinion, if you want to play it like a bunker shot lower bounce would help you get under the ball;  you could also play it like a pitch shot off hardpan.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

25 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Congrats on the personal bests.

I assume you are referring to a greenside bunker.  In my opinion, if you want to play it like a bunker shot lower bounce would help you get under the ball;  you could also play it like a pitch shot off hardpan.  

Yes, green side bunker with a couple 5’ sides to get over.  Was trying to get a good downward strike with club (56deg) laying almost flat but bounced both times, leaving me in fluffy sand that was easy to hit out of.  I was given a very old 58/8 wedge a few years ago and finally started practicing/using this year. If I come up short to a green, most here have a very short grass apron, and often very firm, and I hit mini-pitches with great results.  I just need to go to the practice facility and play around with diff techniques. 

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

1 hour ago, Blueberry_Squishie said:

(there'd be rusty farm gates with more consistent swings than me right now)

😂😂😂

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Today's round is dedicated to...

... Monte Scheinblum .. I was at one of his clinics this past weekend (and had gone to one last Summer, too);

... and to @Jmikecpa, @barryschwartz56, and @MDGolfHacker who each gave me some *excellent* advice two weekends ago at the MGS Annapolis Meet-Up;

... and to @Kenny B who has been a constant source of Golf IQ wisdom and encouragement (and who got me interested in attending Monte's clinics);

... and to everyone else on here who has shared their experiences, tips and offered their support!! 

So...

Today's round was just 9 holes - 6 of which have temporary greens in the fairway (short of the real greens which are severely stressed and now they're trying to revive)...

.. and no, I did not shoot a new PB .. and sorry if I'd implied that at the beginning..

.. but what did happen was...

* I hit waaaay more solid, good golf shots vs only a few not so good ones .. and hit more good ones today than in over my last several rounds combined!!

... And the stars of the show today were ... the irons..!

.. I was hitting them really solidly and with nice distance, and for the most part even in the intended direction 🤪 (.. although one 7i approach went way left on me...). Also hit the 6i a few times fairly well today.

So am really happy with all of that!! Felt like I was actually .. finally .. starting to play the game of golf - and looking forward to building on this!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3 hours ago, GaryF said:

In the spring was in a bit of a slump with irons resulting in increased number of mis-hits. Tried working it out with several range sessions without success. Then mid June, daughters’ families/grand kids visited for a month and set the clubs aside.  They left mid-July, then I got Covid which kicked my butt for a few days.  Recovered and several more range sessions but no improvement but started getting some ideas on my issue.  

Question: haven't had the chance to test, but when playing from a greenside bunker, compacted sand and tall face to get over, would a low-bounce wedge be the solution?

Congrats on the PB low rounds!!  

IMO a low bounce wedge would certainly work.  If I played a course all the time that had hard compacted sand, I might use one.  However, my course has bunkers with sand that varies; some have lots of sand, others very little (wind blows it out).  The face of the bunkers also vary from 2 feet to 6 feet.  I have two wedges; a 54º with 14º of bounce and a 60º with 12º of bounce... both with C-grind sole.  I am not carrying a low bounce wedge for a shot I may or may not need.  With that said... I have no issue hitting off hard pan bunkers or very tight lies on firm turf.  I had two of those today; got up and down on one of them; missed the putt on the other.  There is technique involved and it does take practice.  

Square stance; don't open the club face; shallow angle of attack; less speed... basically a pitch shot like @cnosil suggested.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

14 hours ago, edingc said:

And just like that... you are back to playing good golf again!  It happens to all of us!  It's Golf!!

Sometimes...

image0.jpeg.741dbc697d70c60926085e6dde7188bb.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Well, all good things come to an end, and todays iron shot stunk from the get go. But, I got a lot of short wedge practice… welp…

good new is the driver continued to be huge, but a dozen extra strokes is hard on the soul…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I am not carrying a low bounce wedge for a shot I may or may not need.  With that said... I have no issue hitting off hard pan bunkers or very tight lies on firm turf.  I had two of those today; got up and down on one of them; missed the putt on the other.  There is technique involved and it does take practice.  

Square stance; don't open the club face; shallow angle of attack; less speed... basically a pitch shot like @cnosil suggested.

... I wish it were that easy here. Too many bunkers with high lips in the 6-8 feet range and hard pan, as in not even any dust on top. They "claim" the high winds blow all the sand out of bunkers but Chicago was windier. And several courses have sand in some and not others. I'd love to play the ball in the middle of my stance and use the leading edge of a 58/08 MG3 to clip the ball off the hard pan but with the high lips there just isn't enough loft. So putting it forward in my stance and clipping it perfectly is the only play. Sometimes I pull it off and sometimes I don't. I just don't understand why the bunkers are so deep when they aren't gonna put any sand in them. 🙄  2 or maybe 3 foot lip and it would be manageable because as you said, I could use less speed but with high lips it just hits into the slope and you have the same shot again, so best to just be long or even over the green and of course not go in them, which basically cuts many greens in half. It is really the only thing I dislike about Phoenix golf. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I played 9 holes on Friday to prepare for a competition our company sponsored on Saturday. Shot a 38 with really good putting for the round. Only 1.3 puts per hole averaged for the round.  Then on Saturday I went out in 38 again but the puts were just not falling like the day before. The greens were rolled the Friday evening and cut the Saturday morning and I struggled to get my pace right.  On the second 9 holes I started well and then my tee shots start to go left when the pace of play slowed down to where we were on the same tee box as the group in front on the last 6 holes. I made 5 bogies in a row for a 41 on the nine with a total Gross score of 79, with an average of 1.9 puts per hole.  Really felt that if the pace of play didn't slow down as much, I could have carded a really good score.

default_titelist-small.jpg.ce9f42d5694f285c498235c26f81ca24.jpg TS3 8.5°

default_taylormade-small.jpg.38fe6f95dda21245f3fac3407e54d0b3.jpg RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5°

default_srixon-small.jpg.a483cde88014a8db05be8135e23aff6e.jpg ZX Utility 3 iron

default_srixon-small.jpg.a483cde88014a8db05be8135e23aff6e.jpg ZX7 4 Iron - PW

default_cleveland-small.jpg.903af6280bdadd06ef9c8f0c4dfe4218.jpg 54° and 60° Wedges

default_scotty-cameron-1.gif.aa4eac2325a98c0e94d74d30721a263a.gif Newport 2 Gunmetal

default_titelist-small.jpg.ce9f42d5694f285c498235c26f81ca24.jpg Pro V1

Garmin Fenix 6 X Pro with Garmin Golf to track stats and use for on course range finding

After posting my best round of the year on last weeks Tuesday night league, I posted my worst round of the year last night. I had 2 decent swings the entire night, I just couldn't figure it out. 

Driver: :cobra-small: LTDx
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 6-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   
bloodline(2).png.8f7245797de1f39b93a647d0292c1b2b.png Vale
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

7 hours ago, chisag said:

... I wish it were that easy here. Too many bunkers with high lips in the 6-8 feet range and hard pan, as in not even any dust on top. They "claim" the high winds blow all the sand out of bunkers but Chicago was windier. And several courses have sand in some and not others. I'd love to play the ball in the middle of my stance and use the leading edge of a 58/08 MG3 to clip the ball off the hard pan but with the high lips there just isn't enough loft. So putting it forward in my stance and clipping it perfectly is the only play. Sometimes I pull it off and sometimes I don't. I just don't understand why the bunkers are so deep when they aren't gonna put any sand in them. 🙄  2 or maybe 3 foot lip and it would be manageable because as you said, I could use less speed but with high lips it just hits into the slope and you have the same shot again, so best to just be long or even over the green and of course not go in them, which basically cuts many greens in half. It is really the only thing I dislike about Phoenix golf. 

It is about what you get used too.   I played a round where the course had just put new sand in the bunkers and it was really fluffy.  Had no idea what to do, kept going right under the ball and the ball would go 2 feet; tried to use the bounce and no luck.   Sand that is firmer and I can elevate the ball and get it over the high lips.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

It is about what you get used too.   I played a round where the course had just put new sand in the bunkers and it was really fluffy.  Had no idea what to do, kept going right under the ball and the ball would go 2 feet; tried to use the bounce and no luck.   Sand that is firmer and I can elevate the ball and get it over the high lips.  

Sand has been an absolute struggle for me this entire year. Maybe 2 decent shots all year. Simliar sand too. Have tried opening up, leaving the face normal, all different stuff. Cannot stop skulling the thing I dont know why

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

20 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Friends from Providence😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Parshooter36 said:

After posting my best round of the year on last weeks Tuesday night league, I posted my worst round of the year last night. I had 2 decent swings the entire night, I just couldn't figure it out. 

And that is how golf goes. Remember pros can have up to 20 strokes from worst to best score on the year

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

13 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

And that is how golf goes. Remember pros can have up to 20 strokes from worst to best score on the year

I'm starting to notice when things go really bad for them they pull the WD card... protecting their stats? 🤔

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)