TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

3 hours ago, MattF said:

Pretty sure it's between the ears, so as a swing coach, I don't know that he could help.

If you figure out how to easily solve that problem let me know. I occasionally have that issue crop up after a terrible hole. Generally it takes me 2 - 3 holes to get my head straight (figurately speaking). 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

It was a meh day- not bad not great…

if anything, I certainly could have putted better…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

6 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Had a good couple of days so far this week with a couple of pars both days.  Significant because of getting past this month's affair with Rona, the loss of energy, quarantine isolation and the inactivity of limited quarters.  First golf round was Friday playing 18 with a 60 and 54 and not a single par, still feeling I was in recovery mode.  Saturday we moved son back to his college apartment on a hot day like the Queenstown Harbor weekend, had countless repetitions of climbing to the 3rd floor carrying 2 vehicle loads of his stuff kicked Rona to the curb.  Played 9's on Monday 👇 8.22 for 49 with sun showers at South Park GC

581504015_8_22.2022rain3rdfairwayrainbow(2).JPG.8c4e04c97ef15866271240193bf3bb99.JPG

and 👇 Tuesday 8.23 for 51 with this beauty that flew 130 yards over Cazenovia Creek to feet from the pin at my home course Cazenovia GC. 1422193070_8_23.20223rdgreendrive(2).JPG.1bd57eb6c5e852350e7d095833e467c2.JPG

Definitely feeing back to "normal" and regaining control with the club and distance with the swing.  

I'm glad you're feeling better and able to get back on the course. It's good to get out and get moving around in order to get your stamina back. 

50 minutes ago, MattF said:

Lost: one golf swing

Last seen about 2 weeks ago at Windmill Lakes Golf Club, Ravenna Ohio. If found, please return as I'd actually like to hit the ball.

The work round of golf I've played in I don't know how long. I could not hit the ball, with the exception of par 3 off the tee,  less than 100 yards and in and putts.

Everything was cold topped and I was lifting with no idea why it was happening.

Whenever I don't get out for a while, and always at the beginning of the season here, for me if I am swinging/hitting some clubs better than others, I may just go and play a course with irons or whatever clubs that are working without any worries about score or distance just to get timing and rhythm back where it belongs.

Here's hoping that you get whatever the issues is resolved, and get back to having fun and scoring well.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Last night was our final "official" league night - the championship and last place were determined (in our league, last place gets the honor of planning the next season's fall outing). That means half the teams had nothing to play for and we were just having fun. The fourth and fifth holes bit me pretty hard - I was +5 on those two holes and +3 on the remaining 7. The triple on 4 involved a plugged lie in the face of a bunker - I had to aim pretty far away from the flag to find an area of the lip I thought I could get over. I got it out first try, but just barely (or so I'm told - my eyes were closed due to the amount of sand flying). A chip and a 3-putt and the numbers add up fast. Ironically, I won long drive on that hole, so it took me 6 strokes to get down from ~130 in the fairway with no penalties 🤦‍♂️. On 5, I was in another bunker and the sand in this one was pretty damp, so I decided to try to pick it clean. Of course, I skulled it across the green. Another chip and 2 putts for double.

Those two holes kind of stung, but looking back at it, I was actually hitting the ball pretty well and am fairly happy with my game right now. It seems to happen like this every year - as fall approaches, I feel pretty good about my game, then put down the clubs through winter and I feel like I am starting all over in the spring. I really need to move somewhere I can play year round, or at least move to a place that has enough head room to swing in the garage or basement.

The only other minor issue was short game. The greens were very soft due to all the rain we've had recently and my brain is still calibrated to spin/rollout for dry, fast greens, so too many chips were left too far away to reasonably expect a 1-putt.

I also won one of the closest to the pin holes. A 9 iron right over the top of the flag on the 9th. The putt was on line but stopped about 1 revolution short on the birdie putt.

EDIT: It just occurred to me I have played the same ball for somewhere north of 36 holes. I put this one in play the last time I was out with @DiscipleofPenick and have 4 league rounds on it. This HAS to be some kind of record for me. Pretty sure I just jinxed myself.

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Everything was cold topped and I was lifting with no idea why it was happening.

Have someone take a video and send it to Tom. He fixed me up pretty quick with a very simple thought. You definitely need to figure something out before your trip!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

4 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Have someone take a video and send it to Tom. He fixed me up pretty quick with a very simple thought. You definitely need to figure something out before your trip!

I might try and go to the range the weekend after this one and do a little filming.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Moving this one over to our new "The Daily" section of the Content Corner.  I think this deserves a spot there! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

11 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I also won one of the closest to the pin holes. A 9 iron right over the top of the flag on the 9th. The putt was on line but stopped about 1 revolution short on the birdie putt.

:
:

EDIT: It just occurred to me I have played the same ball for somewhere north of 36 holes. I put this one in play the last time I was out with @DiscipleofPenick and have 4 league rounds on it. This HAS to be some kind of record for me. Pretty sure I just jinxed myself.

If you had been playing a new ball, it would have made one more revolution.  You're welcome. 😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 hours ago, MattF said:

I might try and go to the range the weekend after this one and do a little filming.

I'd be happy to take a look mate.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

12 hours ago, Syks7 said:

told myself that I was going to par out, almost strategized my way there, and only added a single stroke to that +8 over the next 4 holes.  Most fun I've had playing in a while and I think I might have a good idea of how to strategize keeping myself that focused for future rounds.

I do this quite regularly and it definitely helps to keep me in a round I might have otherwise given up on or been disappointed with.

I've recently started trying to focus specifically on 3-holes at a time - from the first tee all the way to 18 green - and have seen some improvement with that as well. I find it especially useful during a difficult stretch of holes to help me temper expectations better. 

Sounds like you had a pretty good day. Keep it up!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Mediocre performance today.  Ball striking and putting was off just enough.   Carded an 83 for the round.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug