TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Morning game was rained out, but I did join a couple of guys to play 9 later.  They played the tees forward of my usual tees, so since it was just the 3 of us, those are the tees that I played.   The difference between the tees that I play and the ones just behind me aren't that great, but the next set forward is obvious.  There are several holes that require me to use a long hybrid or more from my tees....today, I was hitting short irons into the greens.  Still managed to screw up a hole when I hit a hosel rocket with my wedge.  Shot 38 for the 9.  I'll be staying on my usual tees for the foreseeable future as I think it's the best fit for me at this point.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

6 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Played nine holes today while getting the Stewart Q Follow out for it's maiden voyage on the course. If you want to know how it performed, go check out the Official Forum Member Review thread. Hint: it was awesome and fun!

I got to the course without a tee time, but the gentleman in the pro shop let me tee off on 10, my nemesis hole. Started out bogey, bogey, double, bogey, bogey...then the wheels fell off with a nine on a par 4. Bad drive followed by a couple of bad recoveries, a bladed wedge leaving a long downhill putt that was 20 feet short, then blew the next one 10 feet past the hole and drained the putt to avoid a four putt.

Speaking of the putter, it was money today. Aside from the one hole, I sunk 4 putts outside 10 feet and one from 25 feet from the fringe. 

My driver was terrible until the last two driver holes where I hit great drives. Irons, hybrid, and were decent and that's better than normal. I just got in my head for a couple of holes and was hitting at and not through the ball.

I shot 50 and since I don't play the back as often, I was happy with the score. It was just a fun day to be out and right now I'm hoping all the rain forecasted for the next 4 days goes away. 

No rain forcasted by me. If you want to head up my way you are always welcome.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Played Bent Brook again today, shot 41/39 for an 80. Very happy with my game right now, driving and approaching much better than in the past. Only hit 6 greens but missed a few more just off the fringe. Had zero birdies, had 3 burn the edge and 1 literally do a 360 out of the cup. 

Shot of the day on 18 I hit a drive on a par 4 right at 370 yards. Thought it went in the water well before that, was about to drop then I see it about 25 yards from the green. Not sure how it hit it so far, must have gotten cart path then perfect roll out. Missed the 8 foot birdie putt though 😂

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

50 on the front nine of Forest hills. Had 18 putts but that was with a 3 and a 4 putt. 3 pars. Some on course decisions were bad. Tried to play a few punchy hooks that didn’t work. Short game was still poor on SG. Mainly with my 54 chipping. My chips with the 58 both times were within 3 feet. I did spend 25 mins before round putting and chipping. Then did some after the round and got some better feel with the 54. I feel this should kick in soon if I can get a little more practice. Could have had a 4th par if I didn’t tip a 54ft putt (sometimes happens heads up putting). Also my driver wasn’t really their albeit SG saying it was still +4 to a 20 handicap. Had multiple that hit trees or hooked. Only really hit three solid drives all day and they were beautiful. Sadly a shanked 8i ruined one but that golf and that happens. Also need some work with my 4w from the turf.  Probably no golf until the 17th of the month. Then nasal surgery on the 22 to fix my deviated septum. Then on to full off-season work and practice rounds. Finally my last drive left me in a precarious spot. 
2235C3D2-3E3B-419F-9E66-F7473A5BEEB8.jpeg.79225bd20ded67174208f540bf29865f.jpeg

image.png.ab20d3f5108b91e7f807468e24234acf.png

image.png.fe0e722d6304181067c400f6952c5a76.png

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 8/31/2022 at 9:29 AM, MaxEntropy said:

In the end, I feel like I was playing better than the score on the card, but that's golf, I guess.

Today was the opposite - I don't feel like I was hitting the ball that well, but I scored well, mostly thanks to 28 putts. Almost the round of my life.

The front is easier than the back as it's a little more open and conducive to scrambling. Ended up with a 38 on the front (with a birdie on 4) and then I birdied 10. 12-15 is a really tough stretch (especially for someone who is accuracy-challenged with long clubs) and I made it through those 4 at +4, so I was pretty pleased. Finished with doubles on 17 and 18, which sucks, but overall pretty pleased with how I played. Unlike last time I played, most of the bounces seemed to go my way this time. I'll take a little extra luck whenever I can get it.

I decided to try a Chrome soft X LS I had found. Gross. I hated it. Seemed shorter off the tee, although driver wasn't great today, and kind of meh around the greens. I did like the triple track though.

Supposed to play again Monday at a course I shot an 81 at last month, but rain is supposed to be coming soon.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

On 9/1/2022 at 6:32 PM, Lacassem said:

This is how remembering that goes image.gif.fb5a1108be921b9af68bf807b17805c0.gif

Hah I used that on Monte Scheinblum at one of his clinics recently - I'm definitely a slow golf learner and he's like, "Haven't you been listening to everything?" to which I quickly responded: "Listening, yes .. it's the *remembering* part I'm having trouble with!" 🤪🤣

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

front nine of Forest hills.

Love playing in that area.. Forest Hills and The Reserve are two of my favorites on that side of town.  

Also... image.png

That is pretty impressive. 

Hope you have a quick recovery from your procedure and are able to get back out on the course soon!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Today was the opposite - I don't feel like I was hitting the ball that well, but I scored well

I understand that comment Max... I am seeming to have more of these types of rounds lately (both directions)... I guess I only hope that I am having the poor ball striking but good scoring version when I'm trying to beat my regular group!  Good shootin' though to pull out a 38 during an iffy swing day :).

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

5 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Love playing in that area.. Forest Hills and The Reserve are two of my favorites on that side of town.  

Also... image.png

That is pretty impressive. 

Hope you have a quick recovery from your procedure and are able to get back out on the course soon!

Thanks. That’s right at my p avg according to Shotscope. My best the last month was 312. 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Had an absurdly good back 9 (for me), shot a 41.

Nice shootin' D!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

4 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Three weeks in a row of personal bests.

• Two weeks ago: 90
  • Last week: 89
  • Today: 87

Had an absurdly good back 9 (for me), shot a 41.

@dlow206went low low low low, must be those apple bottom jeans and boots with the fur…

My Reviews:

Played a new course today, Camillus Golf Club. It was hilly with fast slopping greens. I started par, bogey. It was down hill from there. Lots of uneven lies but I enjoyed the course. On the plus side, I hit my 3 wood really well.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

20 hours ago, CarlH said:

@dlow206great job blasting past 90!  My mantra for approach shots to take enough club to hit anywhere from the center of the green to the back, with more emphasis on the back portion.  I find myself hitting a lot more GIR with that approach than flag hunting.  Again, well done on your PBs!  I know you've been working hard to get there.  Keep it up!

My recipe is to see where the pin is located... get yardage to the front... get yardage to the back.  If pin is middle or back, I hit the longest club that has NO chance of going off the back... considering rollout.  If pin is in the front, I use the club that puts me in the middle of the green; a mishit is likely a good shot.  I don't fire at front pins unless there is no trouble in front and it's an easy up and down.  However, I suppose that all depends on how large the greens are and how much slope back-to-front they have.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

My recipe is to see where the pin is located... get yardage to the front... get yardage to the back.  If pin is middle or back, I hit the longest club that has NO chance of going off the back... considering rollout.  If pin is in the front, I use the club that puts me in the middle of the green; a mishit is likely a good shot.  I don't fire at front pins unless there is no trouble in front and it's an easy up and down.  However, I suppose that all depends on how large the greens are and how much slope back-to-front they have.

Sounds familiar, follow similar theory.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 minutes ago, Micah T said:

Fairways were a tad on the soft side…

Had a few of those today too!!!  Haha

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

On 9/3/2022 at 3:57 PM, Golfspy_TCB said:

But I did hit 12/14 fairways, and 13/18 greens. 

That's what I'm talking about!  Very nice.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag