Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

43 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It was a very enjoyable round playing with @sirchunksalot

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I played a round with @Tom the Golf Nut

It sounds like one of those perfect days of golf.  Good playing partners, enjoyable round, nice weather, and a free buffet at the end.  I couldn't script that any better!  

So Tom... how many holes on your dear friend Maxi before he went walkabout?

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

I really am all over the place with my scoring at the moment. 17 strokes between my best and worst over the last 2 weeks. 

image.png.eee2b79d21f35f473b8a9968c444b851.png

Just outside the prizes at the Gents Open at my home course came 8th with top 6 getting prizes and 10th in the scratch.

image.png.a74b52b7ffcbc0768274c537f501c45d.png

Putting was a real struggle to start with. I had a bad putting day on Tuesday at Broomieknowe where I couldn't read or drop a putt. Did some work at home moving the ball forward in my stance and it made it worse, 3 putted 2, missed a 3 footer for par at 3, over every putt I felt I could miss. Moved it back toward the back foot and started holing more. Although stats don't show it drove the ball well, suffering a little from a push with my shorter irons that I need to work on. 

One funny on Tuesday, on the last I said to my playing partner.

"My Skycaddie says there is a bunker at 242 yds, can you see it?"

"No"

Driver middled over the top of the trees.

"Oh that bunker"

as it bounced and rolled right into it. My playing partner then did the exact same thing.

image.png.868c0d0337ca107e8c6e6ad6d8845083.png 

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

12 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It was a very enjoyable round playing with @sirchunksalot. It started off on a good note. We met up with the Pro and he was impressed with both or our electric trolleys. We told him we were testing them against each other for MGS. Then he didn't charge a guest fee and said to go play and have fun. That was a very nice gesture to start the day. Especially after Jason's almost 3 hour drive.

We had fun both playing golf and testing the trolleys against each other. If the Motocaddy had the follow mode it would be golden. I liked the feature of the follow mode but it was a little weird sounding on the Stewart when it would get on and let off the gas so to speak to keep the proper distance.

I did notice a small problem with Jason's ball position when teeing off with the driver. One small adjustment and he was splitting fairways. I can tell he has been working on his game since the last time we played together. I saw the improvement and he was squeaking out a few pars today as well as hitting his driver longer.  It was nice to see him having fun. For the most part it was bogey, a few pars with 2 holes that were a double and 1 triple. So I put him roughly mid 90's. Considerating  the course is very different than what he is used to, his score was good. He closed out the round with a great 35 foot down hill putt.

Then when we were done we were told that there were a lot of leftovers from Sunday Brunch to go help yourself. Winner winner chicken dinner as they say. Pimento cheese croissants, French toast, O'Brian potatoes, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit. Now there's a happy ending to a round of golf. 

I was glad to see that Jason made it home safe and sound. I'll bet the leg muscles will be sore tomorrow.  Walking 18 with big hills. Everything around me is hilly so I'm used to it. Sorry flat lander. 🤣

PS: I finially lost the Maxfli Tour golf ball. For the life of me, I don't know how. I had a chip out of the left rough to get back to the fairway. The chip was executed as I wanted it. It went to the center of the fairway and then left over the hill to run down to the bottom. Leaving 100 yards in on a par 5.  Alas no where to be found at the bottom of the hill. RIP Maxi, you served me well.

The ball position tip was gold and I'm glad you noticed I was teeing the ball up too far forward. I didn't have any of my usual pull hooks and watching the ball flying straighter was a real treat.

My legs are feeling it today. The calves, hamstrings, and glutes aren't used to that kind of hiking. I think the worst part was stopping for gas after my body cooled off. I got out of the car and had to waddle to the pump. I made it around the car and realized I hadn't pushed the gas cap release inside the driver's door. Had to waddle back over and go to the pump again.

That breakfast buffet was fire! I've never tried pimento cheese and those croissant's looked so good I had to try one. Yummy!

Other than the leg soreness today, walking with the electric trolley didn't exhaust or wind me bad at all compared to pushing. 

I was lucky to play twice over the weekend. Saturday was a little tough from a double header football game on Thursday and another Friday night. I chose to take a cart even though its a pretty easy walking course. I don't like being late tot he course. My wife and showed up in plenty of time to our in-laws. Playing a private course and my MIL is the member. Anyway we get to their house an hour before tee time. She comes walking out of her room "your early". I was like WTF and thought ok we'll have 30 min to warm up. Nope arrived 10 min before tee time, hit about 8 balls on the range. I noticed the ball going right (slice), I chocked it up to being in a hurry. First hole slice right in the trees, crap. That was the theme of the day. Ended up shooting 94 and struggled with right fade slices all day. Not my usual miss. 

Sunday was Pumpkin Ridge. A little more rested but carted it again as my wife doesn't like to walk 18 holes of golf. I told my wife the night before we are getting tot he course minimum 1 hour early. Got a good warm up in all good for the most part. 1st tee shot just barely faded a touch in the rough, no biggie, Hit 2nd shot on the green to about 25'. I'm thinking ok doing alright, them 3 jacked. Move onto hole 2 par 3 154 pushed my tee shot right. There's a little creek that was dry but my ball stayed up, ok chip on and take the par. I fricken chipped in for bird WHOOP WHOOP. I was missing birdie putts but I'm ok with that as it as long as I make the par, most of would be right.  Ok stay calm will be the theme for today. Ended up shooting 42 on our front 9 which they had us start on the back 9 today. I had no idea what I shot on the front till my brother in law said something on about hole 13-14. The back 9 was different, not sure why thinned a few gap wedges that cost me 4-5 strokes and fatted another that put me in a island bunker. I call an island bunker one that has tall wispy grass island of death in the middle of it. I wish I would have taken a picture of where my ball finished. which was about 6" just in front of a big ol' grassy lip that was 8"-12" tall. I had about 30 yards to the green. I couldn't go sideways as the ball would have been either down a big fricken hill or what I felt to far below my feet to not go into a creek or the woods. I really needed my 60* but left in the cart when started walking down the fairway, cart path only on this hole and of course I was on the wrong side of the fairway. Anyway, I take my 56* open it up take a swing and it clears the big wispy grass (YES) headed towards the hole ok just get on the green someplace please. Nope came up just short and into the same bunker just on the other side of the island of death. Normal bunker shot out and two put for dbl. Ended up shooting 51 on the back. for a 93. 

Weather was great company was awesome and fun was had by all. Two really fun days even though the golf wasn't perfect. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

On 9/2/2022 at 7:34 AM, WaffleHouseTour said:

Shot a personal best of 75.

Congrats!!

..must be due to that awesome back yard setup you built for yourself 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 9/3/2022 at 12:22 AM, EasyPutter said:

Had a season low 43 of 3 bogies, double, bogie, double and closed out with 3 pars for an amazing day. 

Amazing and CONGRATS!!!

Nice way to show off for the "notables"! 😄

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

27 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Haha they're good friends and it was their good play that helped pull my play up (I think) because conversations helped distract and keep me from thinking very much about what I was doing with the golf club.  The trick is going to be to get to play as a foursome again 👍

How’s the LAB working out for you? It took me a while, but I’m falling in love with mine.

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

On 9/4/2022 at 7:29 PM, Micah T said:

Company tournament this Thursday, so I decided I’d play a recon round today at the same course.(Thanksgiving Point) Shot 7 over with no birdies, hit driver on a lot of holes I wouldn’t normally, but since it’ll be a scramble I figured I wanna see it fly. Glad I got to see some putts, this course is on the savage side.(76.1/144 from the forward tees). Fairways were a tad on the soft side…

3A545490-E516-4EAF-AEA0-D42690B1D09D.jpeg

Gotta play that as it lies! 😅

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

39 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

Made the 90 min drive up to True Blue today for an early morning tee time, and for y’all South Carolinians, the course is in great shape. It’s a must play right now.

Haven’t hit a golf ball for 11 days until this morning at the range, and with new irons in play as well … 48/46 - 94.

Back-to-back triples (3 triples overall) where both holes involved the walk of shame to and from greenside bunkers on each end, are what killed my round. 🙄 

The new putter was money … 32 putts on the round isn’t too much to cheer about. But had 3 putts that just burned the edges and my lag putting was really good today. No 3-putts as well. 

There’s always room to find a positive in a negative. 

I played True Blue last Thursday, and you’re right, it’s in great shape.

This is going to be maybe my busiest week of golf this summer… Playing the Fazio in Barefoot tomorrow, Pine Lakes Thursday, Brunswick Plantation Friday, and back in Barefoot to play the Love on Saturday.  
Whew!  I’m getting tired just typing all that, but it’s been a long time since my back has felt this good. (Knock wood)

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

7 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Congrats!!

..must be due to that awesome back yard setup you built for yourself 👍

I’ll give the Skillest coaching the most credit, but the backyard made the practice and drills possible…

And thanks 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

On 9/3/2022 at 3:49 PM, dlow206 said:

Three weeks in a row of personal bests.

• Two weeks ago: 90
  • Last week: 89
  • Today: 87

Had an absurdly good back 9 (for me), shot a 41.

Don't know if you felt it but I click like on this really hard because I was excited to see this

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 hour ago, ejgaudette said:

Don't know if you felt it but I click like on this really hard because I was excited to see this

Thanks man, really appreciate it.

How are the irons?

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Thanks man, really appreciate it.

How are the irons?

Great, have really liked the shafts. They feel great and glad I made switch to a slightly more forgiving head. Best of all they have not snapped like my driver shaft did last week.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

9 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

39/36 with a double bogie on each side, but thankfully 4 birdies. Left 2 or 3 strokes out there with a few really poor short putt misses. I have a tendency to pull or “yank” the straight ones, or if they turn to the right, I tend to push them. Actually, I have the ability to miss almost every type of putt there is!

Heck of a round, especially with two doubles in there!!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

10 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Long story short, I put up a nifty 92 net 78. 🙄 I’m way down the list going into the second round in both gross and net. A part of me wants to just withdraw, but I’d like to think I’m not that guy, so  I’ll try to grind it out the next two rounds and see where I end up.
It really sucks shooting yourself out of contention on the first day though.

Think of it as a challenge rather than just trying to grind it out.  Shoot you way back into contention.  There is no downside at this point.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”