Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Unlike Matt I’m not getting it together.  Not feeling comfortable over the ball at all, swing feels awful and so are the results. 
Need some range time but still humid and don’t want to push the knee.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

42 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Unlike Matt I’m not getting it together.  Not feeling comfortable over the ball at all, swing feels awful and so are the results. 

Hang in there, been through that low more than a few times this year.  Makes the high points feel that much better when you hit them.  👍

On another note I hit a high today.  It was just a little par 3 9 hole, but after birdieing the 7th I was 4 under par.  Bogeyed the last two mostly out of greed... tried to hole out a chip for another birdie and left myself a nasty 6 footer.  Tried to hole out a 30 footer over a tier slope and left myself 7' with a lot of slope coming back.  Still, I have to say that it's nice to be able to go 2 over for the last two holes and still end up at -2 for the day. 

-2 is far an away the best score I've ever had over 9 holes, even if they were all 150 yards or less.  Gotta commit the feel to memory because today felt like I was barely swinging the club even though I know from my distances that I was generating good clubhead speed.  Felt like my body was perfectly in sync through the swing.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

3 birdies on the back 9 saved an otherwise mediocre day of ball striking.  42 on the front and 37 on the back for a 79.  My shot of the round was an 80 yard bump and run with a 7 iron to keep it low under an overhanging branch.  It rolled out nicely and came to rest about a foot from the pin to save par.  My glory was short lived, however, when a team mate holed out his wedge from the fairway from 75 yards for birdie.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

6 hours ago, Rickp said:

Take it slow my friend. You need to feel comfortable with the leg again and get your strength back.
Don’t worry about the swing right now, when you get back to feeling 100% it will come back better than ever.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 54-11

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

Past 3 weeks have been dealing with post-Covid or long Covid issues.  Had Covid mid July , and long covid symptoms often start 6-8 weeks later.  Have had 3 occurances affecting my eyes.  Think the most severe dry eyes you can imagine x10 with swelling.  Each time has lasted 4-5 days each, with 2 good days between.  

Have tried to maintain the swing at the range when possible to fix a swing habit I fall into.  Anyways, had a great 2 hr practice Wednesday as I was starting to feel better, then played a tough 9 today.  Shot 45.  Drives were excellent, hitting all 7 fairways with good distance.  Putting wasn’t good - three 3 puts, but overall felt pretty satisfied.

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

I'm one of those that has to go to the range first to dial in my driver and other long clubs otherwise I end up slicing to no end. Range was closed because of 'staffing issues' - no one was purportedly around to pick up range balls, yet we had 4 employees in the Pro Shop watching the football game 😡.  Wife and I proceed to #1 and we're both playing well til we get to #5. Then we spot this scene on the green! 

1075898066_IMG_9333(1).jpg.c2006b0dbd574ba44ff2d150aa2d353d.jpg

Yup - a "6some" Whose bright idea was that? 🤦‍♂️ and BTW they're putting out all of their balls.   The tee box for #6 is directly adjacent to the green on #5 - the guys know the 2 of us are waiting for them and they didn't let us play through.  WTH! After 2 holes of waiting - Wife and I just decide to jump ahead a couple of holes - no permission required from the inconsiderate golfers. Even after it still continued to bug me -  ended up with a 97.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

47 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I'm one of those that has to go to the range first to dial in my driver and other long clubs otherwise I end up slicing to no end. Range was closed because of 'staffing issues' - no one was purportedly around to pick up range balls, yet we had 4 employees in the Pro Shop watching the football game 😡.  Wife and I proceed to #1 and we're both playing well til we get to #5. Then we spot this scene on the green! 

Yup - a "6some" Whose bright idea was that? 🤦‍♂️ and BTW they're putting out all of their balls.   The tee box for #6 is directly adjacent to the green on #5 - the guys know the 2 of us are waiting for them and they didn't let us play through.  WTH! After 2 holes of waiting - Wife and I just decide to jump ahead a couple of holes - no permission required from the inconsiderate golfers. Even after it still continued to bug me -  ended up with a 97.

That situation is BS.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Well, Day 2 wasn't my best day on the course.  Ended T-3 in my flight, but definitely had an opportunity to compete for the 1st spot if I would have played well.

I'm not sure if anyone else does this.. but I recognize it in my game... I am swinging well, and hitting solid and consistent shots... so I try to find a key "thought" that will help me stay "in that swing"... So I repeat it in my head over and over, while hitting practice shots, and then take it to the course... when that Key Thought morphs into something that takes the natural fluidity out of my swing and turns it into a more mechanical and position oriented situation... which is the start of the downward spiral.  For the past few weeks that thought has been "Shoulder Turn".  On the first tee, that became a disjointed backswing that brought the club way too far inside and around, which resulted in an over the top move to correct.  Interestingly enough... and one of my greatest frustrations... is going to my practice mat post round and within 3 swings... working out the issue.... this happened yet again, last night 😕 

Oh Well, tody I start gearing up  for 2023 Club Championship 🙂 

Sad... although it's nice to know that you can compete if you bring your usual game.  Get 'em next time!!

BTW, love your new avatar on the tee at #17.  😃

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I agree with RickP....absolute BS.  I am a believer of no more than 4 to a group.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

7 minutes ago, David Leighton Reid said:

I agree with RickP....absolute BS.  I am a believer of no more than 4 to a group.  

... I played several courses back in the 90's out in LA that allowed 5 someones. However, they had rangers and you had to keep up with the group in front or you had to pick up and move to the next hole the 1st time if you got more than a hole behind and the 2nd time you were asked to leave the course. That said, anytime I have been behind a 5some elsewhere it is usually either groups that paired themselves up after teeing off with no rangers or worse, some pros that took forever to play. Nothing worse than pro's from another course playing with the course pro's and having that competitive egos slow things to a crawl. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x