Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

16 hours ago, GaryF said:

Just keep focus on the positives and don’t beat yourself up on the negatives.  Some days are just like that.  Swaying is one of the easier things to fix, but with that being said, nothing in golf is easy.  

That was the worst part: half the time the sun was behind me and I could watch my shadow as I swung.  I watched it happen and just couldn't do anything about it.  It was a weird mental block and utterly infuriating.  I'm laughing about it now but I don't think I've ever been that mad on a golf course, lol.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

Kind of a boring round today

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

17 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Apparently I forgot to introduce myself this morning… My bad!

Hmmmm he wasn’t left handed🤔

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Oh but I should add, I had a few more big drives today, this entire trend the result of a longer backswing- but I cannot transfer this swing to my irons reliably for some reason- I have to to the John Rahm swing for irons- two distinctly different swings- one for irons and one for all woods… 

strange eh?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

4 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Perhaps next time try swinging with your eyes closed.   

The frustration is real.  Anything that works is better than continuing what doesn't.  What is working lately for me is "slow down and take the moment before backswing to relax."

My own similar but different thing that happened today: took a swing at a ball laying 2 with a result of looking like I was readying soil for planting and immediately dropped a second ball that rocketed off at an unintended angle.  The first and second ball were from the same box, experience told me to drop a different third ball for a ball test/proof of ball versus swing kind of experiment.  First 2 balls were slightly ragged Nitro Crossfire I swore I would never hit again but did after losing an OnCore Avant into South Park Lake on the previous hole, and the last one (the 3rd ball) was the unmatched (and recently widowed) OnCore Avant that went true to stop just feet from green edge.  [Epilog; the remaining Nitro Crossfires went to today's playing partner who gladly took the rest of the box off my hands.]

I’ve modified my swing since coming back but not on purpose but a result from surgery.  Backswing is slower and shorter than B4, seems to be working with driver & hybrids.

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

The frustration is real.  Anything that works is better than continuing what doesn't.  What is working lately for me is "slow down and take the moment before backswing to relax."

My own similar but different thing that happened today: took a swing at a ball laying 2 with a result of looking like I was readying soil for planting and immediately dropped a second ball that rocketed off at an unintended angle.  The first and second ball were from the same box, experience told me to drop a different third ball for a ball test/proof of ball versus swing kind of experiment.  First 2 balls were slightly ragged Nitro Crossfire I swore I would never hit again but did after losing an OnCore Avant into South Park Lake on the previous hole, and the last one (the 3rd ball) was the unmatched (and recently widowed) OnCore Avant that went true to stop just feet from green edge.  [Epilog; the remaining Nitro Crossfires went to today's playing partner who gladly took the rest of the box off my hands.]

I found a yellow Nitro in my range bucket today.  Hard to tell it was not a range ball; same color.  I decided to save it for a driver swing to see if it went further than the range balls... it should stay in the range.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, JerryB said:

That was the worst part: half the time the sun was behind me and I could watch my shadow as I swung.  I watched it happen and just couldn't do anything about it.  It was a weird mental block and utterly infuriating.  I'm laughing about it now but I don't think I've ever been that mad on a golf course, lol.

Shadows are interesting.  They can be useful when practicing if they are in the right place to see if you move correctly or not.  They can also be annoying when they are in the wrong place.  One of the many "obstacles" we golfers have to learn to deal with.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Went out with two of my neighbors today, and on a lark, I took out the DF2.1 and put the White Hot OG Double Wide back in the bag. I think it might stay there for a while.
I’m putting well with the LAB, but I still feel like there’s an issue making sure it’s soled properly. I’ve said this from the day my putter came, and nothing has changed.
I’m convinced the lie angle I was fit to was wrong. I can manipulate it to where it should be, but… why bother?
I own another putter that works very well. With the OG my setup is simple. I just set it down, look at the line and go. 

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

1 hour ago, EasyPutter said:

My usual swing thought is "Stop trying to kill it, you idiot" to varying degrees of success 😁

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

22 hours ago, JerryB said:

My usual swing thought is "Stop trying to kill it, you idiot" to varying degrees of success 😁

... As opposed to Brysons swing thought  "You have to try to kill it, you idiot" to varying degrees of success 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

13 hours ago, JerryB said:

When the sun is directly behind casting a shadow over your ball can be very distracting, but unavoidable.  As we take a practice swing, thinking about the shot before addressing the ball, it’s not always apparent.  Then when addressing the ball is sometimes the first time one notices the shadow.  When that happens, step back, recollect your focus then readdress.  

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

deleted

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I found a yellow Nitro in my range bucket today.  Hard to tell it was not a range ball; same color.  I decided to save it for a driver swing to see if it went further than the range balls... it should stay in the range.  😂

Nitro's have taken over for Top Flite as the 'found a ball' on our course.  It's irritating, I never find a Snell or ProV, just Nitro's so I guess I know whose ball flight pattern I am grouped with!  😳  They have the Nitro display set up on the counter in the pro shop and I am sure a couple sleeves get sold with each green fee!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

59 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Nitro's have taken over for Top Flite as the 'found a ball' on our course.  It's irritating, I never find a Snell or ProV, just Nitro's so I guess I know whose ball flight pattern I am grouped with!  😳  They have the Nitro display set up on the counter in the pro shop and I am sure a couple sleeves get sold with each green fee!  

I guess I win on this one. My course is loaded with pro V1's. Probably a three to one ratio. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

20 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I guess I win on this one. My course is loaded with pro V1's. Probably a three to one ratio. 

I am betting there aren't a whole lot of green fees being paid at the counter at your course....  😄

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

12 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I am betting there aren't a whole lot of green fees being paid at the counter at your course....  

BINGO!  Only guests pay at the counter if a member doesn't put them on their account.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

16 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Kind of a boring round today

I LOVE boring golf....

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, MattF said:

deleted

That bad?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

54 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

You definitely win!!!😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

It's actually very rare that balls are hit into the range from the course; I don't see white (or other colors) balls mixed in with the yellow range balls.  The range is between #9 and #10 and the only way they could get there is if a golfer hits a 50-yard pull hook off the tees.  However, #10 is littered with yellow balls from the range from all the slicers... it's hzrdus!!  

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Maybe it's a "country club" thing... I rarely find anything but ProV's and ChromeSofts at my course.  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

3 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

That bad?

It was for Sluggos post, but he answered what I was asking.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 9/13/2022 at 10:00 PM, EasyPutter said:

Blue sky was filling in from the west as we headed to the 1st green and partner unfortunately had to putt across a thin but evident layer of water in the low place that cuts across the green, normally nearly undetectable, that nearly stopped his ball rolling.  Mine was near the upper end of that trough and mine too was slowed to cause a three putt. 

FYI you were allowed free relief from "casual" (temporary) water, as per Rule 16 ...

Abnormal Course Conditions (Including Immovable Obstructions)

Ball in Temporary Water in General Area

Q.My ball is in a fairway in a puddle of water (temporary water) – what are my options?

A.Your ball is in what the Rules call “temporary water.” You may play your ball as it lies or take free relief. You take free relief by finding the nearest point of complete relief where you are clear of the puddle and then drop your original ball or another ball away from the puddle and within one club-length of that point not nearer the hole (see Rule 16.1b). You may also take relief from a puddle of water if your ball is in a bunker or on the putting green (see Rule 16.1c for the bunker or Rule 16.1d for the putting green), but you do not get relief from a puddle inside a penalty area.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 9/19/2022 at 10:47 AM, Mr. Mushball said:

Getting new clubs this week, can't wait to see if they help tighten things up.

They arrive tomorrow!!!!  

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!