TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I wasn't sure whether to react to this post as Sad, Laugh, or Love it... so I just Liked it.  

Me too…

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

22 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I wasn't sure whether to react to this post as Sad, Laugh, or Love it... so I just Liked it.  

kinda the same reaction I had while playing the round today

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

55 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Just like a Hallmark Movie 😂

it was great to see @Shapotomousand meet Mrs. Shap and her friend. 

She and her friend were eyeing the PING  drivers in our shop.  I tried my best to sell her one.   So  Bob would have clearance for his next buy. Isn’t that what we do for each other 😬

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, David Leighton Reid said:

I shot 79 using a lob wedge

Sounds like you opened up a spot in your bag... who needs a putter???  😁

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Exec 9’s Monday & Tuesday morning.  Nothing terrific Monday, +5.  Tuesday hit ball much better with couple birds +2.  No golf Wednesday or possibly longer than that until Storm Ian blows their Florida.

Rick

Left Hand, 

51 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

OK have not posted in here in a while but have been playing, and.... finally (at long long last 😆) have some *good* golf news to report:

Tied my 1-time only previously 9-hole low of 41
... and did it with a PB low of 13 putts 🥳 
(@ Shark River in NJ; White tees 69.4/123 and 3,133 yds front 9)

4 bogeys
3 pars
1 birdie (one ok tee shot, one good approach, one really good putt!)
1 double on a Par 5 (tee shot ended up under some evergreen trees .. had to punch punch out .. duffed the next shot after that .. SIX shots altogether to get onto the green...)

Hit driver off the tee .. not well, but only got into bad trouble that once; and most approach shots were very near to their intended targets. Putting was definitely a highlight - greens were reasonably quick but a little bumpy from traffic in the afternoon - I rolled 5 x 1-putts and grazed the edges on another 3 putts leaving the ball at about 2 feet or less. 

Lessons , Monte clinic and practice all starting to show some progress! 👍

Great round @cksurfdude! Congratulations on tying your previous best score over 9 holes. Sounds like all the work you've been putting in is starting to pay off and that putt total is phenomenal. 

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

OK have not posted in here in a while but have been playing, and.... finally (at long long last 😆) have some *good* golf news to report:

Tied my 1-time only previously 9-hole low of 41
... and did it with a PB low of 13 putts 🥳 
(@ Shark River in NJ; White tees 69.4/123 and 3,133 yds front 9)

4 bogeys
3 pars
1 birdie (one ok tee shot, one good approach, one really good putt!)
1 double on a Par 5 (tee shot ended up under some evergreen trees .. had to punch punch out .. duffed the next shot after that .. SIX shots altogether to get onto the green...)

Hit driver off the tee .. not well, but only got into bad trouble that once; and most approach shots were very near to their intended targets. Putting was definitely a highlight - greens were reasonably quick but a little bumpy from traffic in the afternoon - I rolled 5 x 1-putts and grazed the edges on another 3 putts leaving the ball at about 2 feet or less. 

Lessons , Monte clinic and practice all starting to show some progress! 👍

Way to go bro! Progress at its finest!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

33 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Great round @cksurfdude! Congratulations on tying your previous best score over 9 holes. Sounds like all the work you've been putting in is starting to pay off and that putt total is phenomenal. 

18 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Way to go bro! Progress at its finest!

THX guys!!! 

I know I don't really have to say it here, but ... no it isn't all good news and great progress, but .. I feel like the overall trend is finally tilting ever sooo slightly up!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 9/23/2022 at 5:06 PM, Sluggo42 said:

...the eagle, a -7 , final score of 64 for a personal best, and two strokes under my age.

CONGRATS!!! on that excellent achievement 👍

Me.... I won't live long enough to shoot my age 🤪🤣🤣 

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

On 9/23/2022 at 8:18 PM, sirchunksalot said:

It'll be ok, just got to dust myself off and remind myself that it'll get better and be so sweet when it does. 

That sounds like the right attitude .. and try to keep in mind not to expect too much of yourself, too quickly .. when golf is not your full-time job but a sometime pastime...

(Later on when you become a retired old fart like me and have lots of time to practice and play, then you can get frustrated when you still suck 🤣🤣)

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

CONGRATS!!! on that excellent achievement 👍

Me.... I won't live long enough to shoot my age 🤪🤣🤣 

I'm saving this post and showing it to you when you do shoot your age...  🤣  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My course was wide open this afternoon and made it around in less than 3 hours... 

20220928_181551.jpg

This was is where my approach ended up on the Par 5 15th - looking back down the fairway. 

20220928_152124.jpg

I have been practicing my narrow stance, shoulders only, 1/2 and 3/4 swing shots with my wedges from 100 and in to dial in the distances.  After a driver and a 3 wood to 70 yards short of the green - I used a 1/2 swing 54 to hit a low spinner.  Hard to see but the ball mark is pin high on the right side of the picture, took a small hop forward and spun back toward the pin finishing below the hole.  Tap in birdie.

This is the picture I accidently took while getting my phone out of my pocket.  I added it because some might be able to tell what I was using on the greens today.

20220928_152126.jpg

I made several lengthy putts to save par (8-12 foot range) and on the 18th I rolled in a 20 footer from the fringe the close the round with a birdie.  

I am taking a day off work tomorrow to go play Memorial Park - home of the Houston Open in November (before they close to prep for the tourney).  Should be fun!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

6 hours ago, chisag said:

I focused on using my body less and basically casting immediately to start the downswing.

This reminds me of the Monte drill for the No Turn/Cast lesson.  I will have to go review that again, it is a great drill.  Happy to hear you found a groove... Can't wait to read about you shooting your age in the next few days!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

7 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

The swing cometh and then it goeth.

Right now it’s gone. Where it went, I have no idea.

I'm only 'liking' this because I am in the same situation, but weirdly only with my driver swing.  My only explanation is I played in a scramble last weekend and may have picked up a couple bad habits when we had a safe shot to improve upon.  A range session is needed if I can find the time.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

8 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

The swing cometh and then it goeth.

Right now it’s gone. Where it went, I have no idea.

Sometimes it goes away just to be mean…

Rick

Left Hand, 

Owen and I played the front nine at River Heights today, joined by our buddy Mark.  Weather was similar to yesterday but with no wind so it didn't feel as chilly.  Forgot my Shot Scope watch on the charger at home which really threw off my routine.

Started out rough.  First three holes we only managed one tee shot total in the fairway.  Would've been two but my topped drive didn't even get that far.  I managed an eight on the par three fourth.  Just felt like we were there for the sake of being there.

I turned it around somewhat from there.  Another topped drive followed by a bomb of a 3 wood left me pin high to the right.  Really good chip left me a tap in par.  

A good driver and hybrid put me in the green side bunker on a par five where I fell apart and bogeyed.  

Chipped back and forth across the green on a par three for a double.

Another really good drive and then a wedge that I got under too much.  Next chip left me close enough to hit the putt for par.

On nine I walloped my drive and chipped to about ten feet to finish with a three putt bogey.  

The others never really got going.  Owen shot 53, Mark 50 and I actually had low score with a 49.  Owen's about ready to pack it in for the year.  I'm torn between taking a couple days off or getting back out ASAP before the season ends.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

8 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So had the first round of our league playoffs today.  Played against a guy who was the same handicap so baiscally we played staight up golf.  I managed a 4&3 win.  Thanks mainly to my game around the green and putting.   My whole goal was to get off the tee in good shape with driver...Check.  Then depending on my distance in, just advance it within 40 or 50 yards of the green and I felt pretty good about my wedge play of late.  Check...Check. 

After a 3 putt on the first hole where I was caught off guard by the speed, I putted really well the rest of the round.  I am still having depth perception issues with balls on the ground,  but if it's a wedge I can make good contact with a half to 3/4 swing.   Anything much longer than a 9 iron, I just bumped it down toward the green and went on.

Happy I won, and the way I drove the ball with the new TSR.  Next week will be a good match, I'll be getting 3 strokes.   The guy I'm playing was int he opposite match today.   So I got to get  a glimpse of his game today, and I think I'll definitely have a chacne If I can play the same game. 

Congratulations, keep it going!!

Rick

Left Hand,