Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

18 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Played 7 holes today by myself…in preparation for my league playoff match  tomorrow.

thankfully I was the only person on the entire course.  So nobody else could see me absolutely unable  to make clean contact with anything on the ground.   Driver was fine, par 3 on tee is fine.  But the depth perception from my eyes just isn’t there yet for irons.   What’s the penalty for teeing it up in the Fairways 😬

it’s a shame as I’m hitting driver really well right now.  Putting is interesting. I close one eye while getting the line.  But have both open tskingy the  stroke.   I putted decently today .   But Tuesday in a scramble I putted  very well.  

So I just have to find s way to get to the green.  Simple right?  

I’m sure you’ve posted why, but what’s up with your eyes and depth perception?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, I thought everyone was tired of hearing my complain about it...ha

I hat cataract surgery on my 2nd eye two weeks ago.  My first eye was done back in mid August. Thigns were very blurry for a week, then started clearing up this week, but still dont'  see great out of that eye yet.   The surgeon said it takes some people up to 4 weeks to adjust especially those that have a strong astigmatism     

He explained it to me as, my glasses at a +8 RX were like magnifying glasses.   Now I'm seeing things in a natural state and they appear much smaller.   Just like the rearview mirrors on some cars used to say, things inthe mirror are much cloer than they appear.    

So ti's been a struggle with balls on the ground making clean contact.  Which was my miss to begin with, i might hit half aninch or so behind it.  Now at times, Im hitting 6 to 12 inces behind it in some cases.    Driver teed up and even par 3's on the very short tee are no issue, just the ball laying flush on the ground is near impossible to make solid contac with on anything close to a full swing. 

This is Pure Gold!  I'm dying over here 🙂

Sure is👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

9 hours ago, Rickp said:

Sometimes it goes away just to be mean…

Or, to bring a sense of elation, and a return to the links when the swing comes back, which it will!

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

Played okay, but had 2 bad holes that cost me....hit my drive OB on #2 for a double and then on 18, I hit a 9 iron out of the thick rough that went the distance, but hooked to the left of the green and settled on hard pan with an exposed root about 4 inches behind the ball.  Had to bring the club steep up and steep down....results were not good and sent the ball sailing over the green and ended up with another double to card an 82 for the day.  Bad news is that the 18th hole was pressed and ended up loosing the bet and the press (partner game and my partner failed to make his birdie putt to tie the opponents birdie)

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

21 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

The swing cometh and then it goeth.

Right now it’s gone. Where it went, I have no idea.

😱 Oh No!!  Not again?!  But you wrote down how you fixed it before, so you can do it again!  Right?

Seriously though, you've heard us all talk about the same issue.  The worst thing you can do is start guessing what to do and change it.  Set up and trust your swing; it will still work, just let it go.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

He explained it to me as, my glasses at a +8 RX were like magnifying glasses.   Now I'm seeing things in a natural state and they appear much smaller.   Just like the rearview mirrors on some cars used to say, things inthe mirror are much cloer than they appear.    

OK... I just have to...

Objects.jpeg.7599467ad9ca250938484dec905e46ba.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

OK... I just have to...

Objects.jpeg.7599467ad9ca250938484dec905e46ba.jpeg

I LOVE Gary Larson.

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

No Friday golf, all courses shut down until Tuesday for cleanup after Ian.  
most of the Boyz went to breakfast instead, here’s one of my Guys normal breakfast!!

5B50C382-F554-430F-A02C-0E788CF5EDEE.jpeg

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

most of the Boyz went to breakfast instead, here’s one of my Guys normal breakfast!!

1BD7CD91-EA7F-4839-9A2D-06831EC2B35F.webp.146214999d7ecf398e8bd598569e13e8.webp

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

It was a day of mixed results, but still eeked out a decent score. It’s like every time I took a step forward, the next was backwards. First hole a was double sandy par, next hole was a 3’ missed birdie putt. 3rd hole was a land mine green that knocked me and my buddies par putts off kilter. And so the day went…

The main point is thank goodness for birdies! Without them, this day would have been dismal. Made long putts to save pars, and missed short putts for birdies. luckily gamed 3 birds.

good news is the new grip, I’ll call it “Hansons Hybrid”, still performed well.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Despite a double on #2, I played decent through 11 at 3 over....and then the wheels fell off.  Started by inadvertently grabbing the wrong iron for my tee shot on the par 3 and spiraled through the 17th hole without a par.  Did par 18 to limp in with an 83.  Greens were super fast and the greenskeeper was diabolical with his pin placements, giving us slippery putts all day long.  Somehow, I managed to not 3 putt any green...so I got that going for me.  It was a beautiful day to play....cool at tee off then about 70ish by the time we finished.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

17 hours ago, Kenny B said:

😱 Oh No!!  Not again?!  But you wrote down how you fixed it before, so you can do it again!  Right?

Seriously though, you've heard us all talk about the same issue.  The worst thing you can do is start guessing what to do and change it.  Set up and trust your swing; it will still work, just let it go.

Thanks for the pep talk and the sound advice Kenny. 👊🏻

I tend to overreact to a round I’m not happy with, and in this case it wasn’t even that so much. I’ve been playing pretty well actually, but just haven’t been able to put 18 good holes together and my last couple of scores reflected that. Too many lazy swings at the wrong time, and it seemed like every one of them ended up in a bad spot, which just compounded my frustration.
I sympathize with @CarlH when I read a lot of his posts. Like me, he’s prone to one or two of those infuriating doubles (or sometimes worse in my case) that can ruin an otherwise very good round.

The good(?) news this time was me making the same mistake. If it’s only one miss, and not a bunch of different ones, I can usually fix it, and that was the case this time. I’ve been playing a lot more golf lately than I have in a while, and I was either a little more tired  than I thought. When that happens, I tend to get very lazy/sloppy with my swing. I’m no swing coach, but there’s a lot to be said for your bromide about swinging (and knowing) your swing…  I was able to figure it out pretty quickly once I stopped moping and got my butt to the range.

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

2 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Despite a double on #2, I played decent through 11 at 3 over....and then the wheels fell off.  Started by inadvertently grabbing the wrong iron for my tee shot on the par 3 and spiraled through the 17th hole without a par.  Did par 18 to limp in with an 83.  Greens were super fast and the greenskeeper was diabolical with his pin placements, giving us slippery putts all day long.  Somehow, I managed to not 3 putt any green...so I got that going for me.  It was a beautiful day to play....cool at tee off then about 70ish by the time we finished.

Carl, this is too funny!

Check out the post I just left right above yours. We were probably typing and posting them at the same exact time! 😂

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

Kicking myself in the ass after the last hole today.  Was having a great round.  Made the turn @ 3 over.  Coming to 18, I was 7 over with two doulbes on the day.  Last hole is a short par 4.  I put if 20 feet right of the green off the drive.  No problem, chipping has been great all round, with at least 4 or 5 chip/one putt saves.  All I need anyway is par to break 80, so anywhere on the green will do.  So of course I blade the chip over the green! Nearly snapped my wedge in half after that.  Easily my worst shot of the day, and I had to do it when things counted.  I ended up chipping back on and two putting for bogey.  80 is still a great score for me, but to barely miss breaking it when it should have been so easy, that hurt real bad.

Driver: :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS 9*

Woods/Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Epic Max 3 wood, :ping-small: G425 7 wood, :ping-small: G425 4 hybrid

Irons:  :mizuno-small: 921 Hot Metal 5-Pw

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50, 54, CBX full face 60, :ping-small: ChipR

Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider EX

2 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Carl, this is too funny!

Check out the post I just left right above yours. We were probably typing and posting them at the same exact time! 😂

Yeah, I can't seem to keep those doubles off my card.  I've shot in the upper 70s with 3 or 4 doubles before.  It's crazy!  Typically, I'll get at least one double, sometimes 2 a round.  Don't know if I just lose focus or it's my own way of maintaining a comfort zone 🙂  I do make for a good match play player though because my handicap is based on those doubles happening!

9 hours ago, Rickp said:

I gained 10 pounds just looking at that picture!!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

9 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I gained 10 pounds just looking at that picture!!

Somehow I always get the “honor” of sitting across from him.  I had 2 scrambled eggs & fruit with a piece of rye toast.  Somehow I feel cheated😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

10 over 81. Started with a birdie, then missed a 6 foot birdie putt on the second. Ball striking was really good early, hit the first 7 greens in regulation. 2 over after 9. Was going ok until the 15th. Then 2 triples in succession followed by a bogey put an end to my hopes of a good score. 

Highlights were a couple of good birdies, and perhaps the most spectacular shoes I’ve seen on the course courtesy of one of my playing partners who I’ve never played with before.

9CD4A58C-0E3B-41EF-9987-5C88CA4B7484.jpeg.703c2b1ec15201c06b6e6b5e824e4814.jpeg

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Goal for todays round:  No doubles and under 80.  We'll see how this pans out.... (to be continued)

Well....mission failed!   The greens were fast and pins were put in ridiculous places (I think they're saving the better pin locations for a girls tournament Monday).  I 4 putted a par 3 green and 3 putted 2 other greens.  Additionally, I hit 2 OB balls on 2 separate holes (2nd shot) both bouncing off a cart path and bounding just on the other side of the OB stakes.  So, my double free round turned out to have 4 doubles and I shot an 83.  I actually felt like I was hitting the ball better today, but the scores don't reflect that.  

So much for predicting a better round in advance 😄 😄

Edited by CarlH
updated

6 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

10 over 81. Started with a birdie, then missed a 6 foot birdie putt on the second. Ball striking was really good early, hit the first 7 greens in regulation. 2 over after 9. Was going ok until the 15th. Then 2 triples in succession followed by a bogey put an end to my hopes of a good score. 

Highlights were a couple of good birdies, and perhaps the most spectacular shoes I’ve seen on the course courtesy of one of my playing partners who I’ve never played with before.

9CD4A58C-0E3B-41EF-9987-5C88CA4B7484.jpeg.703c2b1ec15201c06b6e6b5e824e4814.jpeg

Didn’t happen to have a Big Red plastic nose😜

Rick

Left Hand, 

Walked Buena Vista alone today.  Beautiful day.  I walked up to the first tee, a short par four, as a twosome were teeing off.  They invited me to play through as they were very new to golf.  

No warm-up, teed up and bombed it, stopping about ten yards short of the green.  I chipped on and hit the birdie putt.  Felt like a boss!  

That was the highlight, although the rest of the round wasn't terrible.  A couple more pars and a couple double bogeys to finish with a (+8) 40.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

11 hours ago, CarlH said:

Goal for todays round:  No doubles and under 80.  We'll see how this pans out.... (to be continued)

Well....mission failed!   The greens were fast and pins were put in ridiculous places (I think they're saving the better pin locations for a girls tournament Monday).  I 4 putted a par 3 green and 3 putted 2 other greens.  Additionally, I hit 2 OB balls on 2 separate holes (2nd shot) both bouncing off a cart path and bounding just on the other side of the OB stakes.  So, my double free round turned out to have 4 doubles and I shot an 83.  I actually felt like I was hitting the ball better today, but the scores don't reflect that.  

So much for predicting a better round in advance 😄 😄

Well, I already gave you a "Like" for the goal... then you go and edit the post to say mission failed - but I don't want to change my response to a sad face... but the glass half full is that you felt like you were hitting the ball better... and even with 4 doubles, still shot 83?  yeah, that predicted good round is coming soon Carl!!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1