TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

13 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

My wife made a deal with me when I got my first season pass to this golf course, "you can golf as much as you want as long as you are home on the weekends" so I golf as many of the 5 week days during golf permissible weather/months as I can manage and being obsessed keep track of when and where for the total.  93 rounds in 2020, 109 rounds in 2021, and working at increasing that total for 2022.

Sounds like a great situation.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Shot a 58 on the Aarau 4D minigolf course while my wife shot a 60. I had 2 hole in 1s in the last 3 holes to put the match away. I had Ivan in the carrier as my handicap and had to putt one handed, but overall very satisfied with my performance. Was a fun course with some trippy visuals and one really stupid boat hole that had severe down slope then up slope with I had a max score on. Left every putt short... I'll blame it on the baby as he didn't caddy well for me on that hole!

IMG20221005155708.jpg

IMG20221005155951.jpg

IMG20221005161647.jpg

IMG20221005160741.jpg

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Struggled with good ball striking today.  Swing felt forced all day and just couldn't seem to feel fluid for whatever reason.  Anyway, shot an 83 and had to birdie the last hole to do that 🙂 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

2 hours ago, CarlH said:

Struggled with good ball striking today.  Swing felt forced all day and just couldn't seem to feel fluid for whatever reason.  Anyway, shot an 83 and had to birdie the last hole to do that 🙂 

Well, I was just the opposite today... I didn't struggle with bad ball striking!!  I mishit so many iron shots; the only ones that were decent on Par 3's where I could get the ball off the wet, dewy grass.  Driver was better today, and my putter was awesome; two long birdies and many long par-savers.  The greens are the best they have been all year.

Shot 41/35 for a 76... no doubles!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

21 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

My wife made a deal with me when I got my first season pass to this golf course, "you can golf as much as you want as long as you are home on the weekends" so I golf as many of the 5 week days during golf permissible weather/months as I can manage and being obsessed keep track of when and where for the total.  93 rounds in 2020, 109 rounds in 2021, and working at increasing that total for 2022.

What his wife REALLY said...

IMG_2976.jpeg.6d58e1faf8f91f289c60c01b7a75c14c.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

19 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

by the time I looked at the round on ShotScope I'd totally forgotten which holes and where the penalties were...

You are supposed to enter the penalties on the course 😁

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, MattF said:

I wanted to slit my wrists yesterday, shot probably triple digits but stopped keeping score because it was bringing me down.

Today...

giphy.gif

38/38 76 for a new PB at Windmill Lakes.

1686345593_Screenshot2022-10-10at13-27-43TheGrintScore.png.77ba6d733aaf1dfab1658f26edfab4e8.png

Nice Round Matt!! Way to get it back!! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Beautiful Monday Morning for Exec golf with 2 Par 4’s.  Shot a smooth +1 with a Birdie and unfortunately 2 Bogies.  
Everything working especially the hybrids.  
Good feeling to hit ball well.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, MattF said:

I wanted to slit my wrists yesterday, shot probably triple digits but stopped keeping score because it was bringing me down.

Today...

giphy.gif

38/38 76 for a new PB at Windmill Lakes.

1686345593_Screenshot2022-10-10at13-27-43TheGrintScore.png.77ba6d733aaf1dfab1658f26edfab4e8.png

Great round Matt and way to come back after a bad round. I'm assuming the new Mizuno's are still working well for you. 

It's amazing how one's game can be so bad one day and great the next. You gotta love golf.

46 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Beautiful Monday Morning for Exec golf with 2 Par 4’s.  Shot a smooth +1 with a Birdie and unfortunately 2 Bogies.  
Everything working especially the hybrids.  
Good feeling to hit ball well.  

Great playing @Rickp! I'm glad to see your game is back on track after the knee surgery. 

14 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Great round Matt and way to come back after a bad round. I'm assuming the new Mizuno's are still working well for you. 

It's amazing how one's game can be so bad one day and great the next. You gotta love golf.

Great playing @Rickp! I'm glad to see your game is back on track after the knee surgery. 

Thanks, a little over 4 months since surgery.  Modern Technology!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

37 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It's absolutely amazing, I remember a time when someone would take over a year to recover from a knee surgery. 

Yup, I asked the doc if they ever had tours of the hospital surgery departments so we could see the robots and yes they do!  I’m on the list for next tour. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

8 hours ago, cnosil said:

You are supposed to enter the penalties on the course 😁

Yeah thx I know you can do that on the watch, but .. I'm too busy cursing at myself 🤪🤣

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Well the golf gods giveth and the golf gods taketh away...

..no low 40s 9 hole round for this dude this afternoon...

..tho I did scratch out a Par on #1 .. for the first one on that hole this season .. with a nice up & down from about 60 yds out; thought i was gonna repeat that trick on #2 (kinda been my nemesis hole) after lobbing it close but then walked off with a 3 putt double 🤦‍♂️ (joked to my wife, "dammm there goes my attack on the course record"); made par again on #3 with an almost hole-out from about 35 yds;

..then three holes of some messy golf where I worked hard to save double each time;

..then an 8 on a short par 3 that I've birdied once and parred several times .. suddenly I literally could not hit a wedge straight 🤷‍♂️ .. after duffing the tee shot it took me 3 separate attempts just to reach the apron in front of the green;

..then a bright spot on the Par 5 #8 with a really solid tee shot with driver .. long (for me) and straight .. skip ahead to .. juuuust missed the first putt (just a tad too much energy plus a hair too much break) for _almost_ making my first par on that hole;

..and finished up on #9 with another wedge meltdown disaster after getting myself into a good position short of the green in two shots (terrible tee shot + great recovery shot) for a chance at par or potential bogey but turned that into a triple...

Been reading about other guys' up vs down days so at least I know I'm in some very good company!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

9 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

1st hole, 3rd shot landed by the green, chipped on and one-putt for bogie.  5th hole, 3rd shot landed right of the green, chipped on and one-putt for par.

Those are a couple of really nice putts.  Great visual with the dew on the greens, being able to see the ball trail.  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Shot 46/43:89 today with 12/14 FIRs(86%) 7/18 GIRs(39%) and 37 Putts. My longest drive was 218 yds.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Sigh.   42/43 85.  I feel weird that I can be disappointed in an 85.  It was just one of those days where I feel like the score was not reflective of my play.   I was great off the tee 10/14 Fairways and the 4 misses were just a little off.  My approach game was serviceable.  6/18 GIR with a lot of the rest being in Texas Wedge range.  My short game was pretty good, I had a reasonable par putt opportunity on all but 1 hole.  I also putted better than 35 putts would suggest.  My guess is that if I'd have been 3" (combined) towards the center of the cup this 85 would be in the 77 range.  I just wasn't missing my much -- brushed edge with a six inch tap in left.  Nothing would drop.   It was kind of that way with everything.  Good approach shots, good chips, but just not quite good enough.

frustration-hands.gif

The high point today was definitely my new Driver.  I want to temper my expectations, but I think I'm in love with it.  The distance drop off I was a little worried about didn't exist.  It was every bit as long as my M2, and because of the forgiveness, much longer on average.  No banana slices or super spinny pull hooks.  Just straight with some baby fades and draws.  The head seems super forgiving.  There were a couple strikes that I know were a little on the heel or high on the face and it still just poked out straight down the fairway.  The shaft is pretty much what I hoped for, it delivers the face to the ball reasonably close to square.    The only time it got out of sorts is when my transition got too aggressive and the only thing that happened was just a benign short straight pull.  Just down the left side in the rough.  If I'd put that kind of swing on my M2 I'd either be hitting from within the trees or re-teeing from pull hooking into oblivion.   It's still honeymoon period but it's hard to see myself trading this in for a while.  Generally when I get along with a club this well it tends to stay in the bag for a very long time.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

It was overcast and threatening to rain so Owen didn't want to play today.  I decided to chance it and walk 18 at River Heights and also played the forward tees on a whim.  

It was different.  Had to lay up on a few holes to avoid running out of fairway and two holes were actually more difficult due to narrower launch points.

I started out hot with three pars (a first) and was +1 through five before I got overly aggressive and hooked a drive OB for a double.  Recovered well and made the turn with a PB 39.

Fell off the pace on the back as my putting really fell apart to the tune of four 3 putts.  Still hung on enough to shoot 44 on the back for a PB (+11) 83.  No birdies but 11 pars.  We have a scramble outing on Saturday and I really feel confident heading in.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

I've had this swing thought the last couple weeks: "smooth". I think that really turned into "slow" and "trying to steer the ball" so there have been a few struggles, even though I have scored pretty well (thanks to short game). After the second hole last night, it occurred to me to swing my swing and let it rip. Strangely, whatever I WAS doing was causing back pain, but when I started swinging more aggressively, it resulted in less pressure on my lower back, so it must have been a mechanical mess. The results were MUCH better, both off the tee and on approach. I ended up with 3 bogies and 6 pars. Short game was again very good, even though the greens have been punched since last Tuesday (the ball still rolled pretty well). I had a hard-pan bounce aided 300 yard drive and a downwind 272 yard drive that got slowed by a tree. I hope this is a good sign, but there is not a lot of golf time left - snow is starting to show up in the long-term forecast. 😞 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

8 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Shot 46/43:89 today with 12/14 FIRs(86%) 7/18 GIRs(39%) and 37 Putts. My longest drive was 218 yds.

Sounds like a good round to post in the Week 3 Virtual MGA Forum Championship Tour 🙂 

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1