TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

17 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Is that all? Sheesh… light weight! I’m prolly in the 120-130 range by now…

Just posted my 99.5 round for 2022 last night (I have a pending 9 hole score waiting to be combined).  The next round will put me at the century mark (either a 9, or an 18) - so that will be either tonight, or for sure tomorrow. 

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Played decently, but the big story is that, you’ll have to go to the drivers page/ Titleist TSR section to hear about…

I can’t Imagine a more direct teaser than that folks…..

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I had a decent round, good pitching and chipping, but I did something I've never seen before. I plugged a ball on a dry green! The 13th at California GC (Cincinnati) is a short par 3 with a big drop tee to green. I hit a nice wedge just a few feet below the hole, and it landed in a big puff of sand. The greens were aerated three weeks ago, and I found one of the remaining bigger holes. Marked it, fixed it, made the putt for my only birdie.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Day 2 of our Member-Member tournament and it was not a good experience for my partner and me.  While we had fun and enjoyed the day(s), neither of us played well, at all and ended up near the bottom of the standings.  Oh well!  Following a birdie on the par 5 3rd hole, I missed my tee shot on the 165 yard par 3 and my ball hit the rocks on the far end of the pond and bounced back into the water.  I take a drop at the drop zone, which plays about 85 yards, hit my shot where it lands maybe 10 feet from the pin.  By the time I get to the green, my playing partners tell me that the ball stayed there for awhile before slowly moving until eventually it rolled down the slope leaving me 40 feet from the pin putting up the slope which then begins sloping away ... my putt rolls past the pin and continues to slide another 15 feet or so before finally coming to rest (did I mention that they had just cut and rolled the greens that morning?)....miss the next putt and then make the next attempt to walk away with a triple bogey.  A couple of other bad holes during the round and I shoot my handicap on the front and my handicap on the back -- problem being it was my entire 18 hole handicap on both sides to come in with an 86 (+7 over my handicap of 7).  My partner fared no better than I with a 91 (+9 over his +10 handicap).  We did not win!  Maybe next year.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

After a week off I got out today and put on a bit of an iron clinic on the front. Hit all but two greens in regulation and the two that I missed were simply because the tee shot put me out of position. I'd continue the streak for holes 10 & 11 before fading to a 40/45 - 85 (+13). For a good long while there I was in complete control of the irons and able to shape shots right and left with minimal effort.

Shot of the day may have actually resulted in a 3-putt bogey but I hit a flighted 4-iron into the par 3 6th (180 yards straight into a 1-1/2 club wind). I literally looked at my buddy and said I'm going to flight a draw off this specific target (a rotted out shed or something behind the green) and then pulled it off! Turned out I could have hit the 5 so I had a lengthy effort to make par and am not disappointed with the eventual bogey. 

I did manage two birdies and had a lot of close calls. Today was also my first round with new grips (thanks @dlow206!!!) and new golf balls to test (Maxfli Tour & Tour X). 

Great day today!!!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Played round 2 in the North Myrtle Beach area today, same course as Tuesday with a tee time scheduled for 1:27.

They had an outing going on, so we played the same 2 courses as Tuesday, just in reverse order.

Had about an inch of rain here Thursday afternoon/overnight but today was sunny and low to mid 70's.

Fairways were very soft, so no roll, and balls typically covered in mud after landing, so played "lift, clean, and place" from fairways, down from anywhere else.

Shot 42/40 for an 82 and again with the greens being punched speed seemed to vary greatly from green to green, so it was almost impossible to get a birdie putt to drop, as I didn't want to get too aggressive knowing that the speed varied so much.

I did manage to hit 11 of 14 fairways, 8 GIR, and the fairways 3 I missed were with an iron off the tee that just missed off the left edges of the fairways.

Some pictures below of a couple par 5's where I did use driver, hit the fairway on both, and carry distance was 245 - 250 with about a foot of roll on each.

Headed back to Michigan tomorrow, but hoping to get a round in on Sunday as it is supposed to be upper 50's at home, and maybe next weekend, as the long range forecast is for mid 50's - 60 next weekend.

IMG_7487.jpg

IMG_7483.jpg

IMG_7484.jpg

IMG_7485.jpg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

31 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I walked off the course after 15 holes today…..I am so lost on my swing right now and only 2 weeks after one of my better ball striking rounds. So lost….

Beautiful morning though so not all was lost. And had a single chip in which is good!

I'm torn between liking this post and just making a sad face. It's a total bummer about your swing (been there plenty of times) but these photos are SO GOOD!!! 

Wishing you better ball striking days in the near future!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

4 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I'm torn between liking this post and just making a sad face. It's a total bummer about your swing (been there plenty of times) but these photos are SO GOOD!!! 

Wishing you better ball striking days in the near future!

Was worth the walk today, because that’s all I did lol. I’ve had my swing woes as well but it is so frustrating making progress during the spring/summer and falling apart end of the year!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Was worth the walk today, because that’s all I did lol. I’ve had my swing woes as well but it is so frustrating making progress during the spring/summer and falling apart end of the year!

... Here is the thing. There are so many moving parts to a golf swing that will make solid contact with the ball with a good trajectory, combining spin and height and of course going where you are aiming. Oh yea, and the exact distance you need the ball to travel. All those moving parts need to work in unison in order to accomplish these goals. But it only takes doing one moving part incorrectly to throw the entire process in chaos. 

... This would be bad enough but diagnosing exactly which part is the culprit can be very difficult. And what we all do to some degree is trying to fix ourselves by changing what we are doing well. We have all had swing keys that fixed our swing at some point in time. But more often than not those swing keys addressed a particular fault and if that part isn't the culprit in our current swing, the key that worked can actually cause more problems.

... As an example lets say you were over extending on the backswing without a proper wrist hinge and getting disconnected. You either stumbled on a tip or found out on your own that if you cock your wrists sooner, it stopped the over extension disconnection and brought your swing back into sync. Fast forward to a current swing out of whack and you remember the "cock the wrists sooner" swing key that worked so well, but the problem is you have stopped turning your shoulders and cocking your wrists sooner makes things even worse. 

... Obviously the guys on tour have a coach that keep an eye on all those moving parts and usually stop a flaw before it becomes a problem. The fact that Tiger needed coaching should be an eye opener. As an instructor I am my own worst client just like a lawyer defending themselves, so I know your frustration. I have found that ignoring a swing problem during a round is usually better than trying to fix it while playing. Of course I am not talking about well struck shots with a swing that feels good and are just offline or moving one way or another and poor distance control. I am talking about what we all have experienced ... the swing just doesn't feel right and we know something is out of whack and we are hitting shots we normally don't hit. If we could only figure out what little piece needs to be "fixed" we could regain our form. 

... So other than making some adjustments to deal with how you are playing today, don't try and fix your swing on the course. Heading to the range after the round is ideal and all the pros do it, but most of the time we don't have the option. Of course lessons are always a good idea. And sometimes whatever that little swing flaw was, it disappears the next round and things feel pretty good without "changing" anything. The more we love the game and the more competitive we are, the more we are our own worst enemy. I go through weeks sometimes playing 5 rounds or more and it seems like a constant struggle and then hit a stretch where it just seems so easy. But perfect is not an option so whenever possible cut yourself some slack, even though on the worst days it seems impossible when swinging so poorly, and accept what poor swing you have today because your better swing will always come back. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

9 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Here is the thing. There are so many moving parts to a golf swing that will make solid contact with the ball with a good trajectory, combining spin and height and of course going where you are aiming. Oh yea, and the exact distance you need the ball to travel. All those moving parts need to work in unison in order to accomplish these goals. But it only takes doing one moving part incorrectly to throw the entire process in chaos. 

... This would be bad enough but diagnosing exactly which part is the culprit can be very difficult. And what we all do to some degree is trying to fix ourselves by changing what we are doing well. We have all had swing keys that fixed our swing at some point in time. But more often than not those swing keys addressed a particular fault and if that part isn't the culprit in our current swing, the key that worked can actually cause more problems.

... As an example lets say you were over extending on the backswing without a proper wrist hinge and getting disconnected. You either stumbled on a tip or found out on your own that if you cock your wrists sooner, it stopped the over extension disconnection and brought your swing back into sync. Fast forward to a current swing out of whack and you remember the "cock the wrists sooner" swing key that worked so well, but the problem is you have stopped turning your shoulders and cocking your wrists sooner makes things even worse. 

... Obviously the guys on tour have a coach that keep an eye on all those moving parts and usually stop a flaw before it becomes a problem. The fact that Tiger needed coaching should be an eye opener. As an instructor I am my own worst client just like a lawyer defending themselves, so I know your frustration. I have found that ignoring a swing problem during a round is usually better than trying to fix it while playing. Of course I am not talking about well struck shots with a swing that feels good and are just offline or moving one way or another and poor distance control. I am talking about what we all have experienced ... the swing just doesn't feel right and we know something is out of whack and we are hitting shots we normally don't hit. If we could only figure out what little piece needs to be "fixed" we could regain our form. 

... So other than making some adjustments to deal with how you are playing today, don't try and fix your swing on the course. Heading to the range after the round is ideal and all the pros do it, but most of the time we don't have the option. Of course lessons are always a good idea. And sometimes whatever that little swing flaw was, it disappears the next round and things feel pretty good without "changing" anything. The more we love the game and the more competitive we are, the more we are our own worst enemy. I go through weeks sometimes playing 5 rounds or more and it seems like a constant struggle and then hit a stretch where it just seems so easy. But perfect is not an option so whenever possible cut yourself some slack, even though on the worst days it seems impossible when swinging so poorly, and accept what poor swing you have today because your better swing will always come back. 

Oh I know it will be back, I have just never literally walked off the course like I did today. Was getting more and more frustrated and was just making it worse.

Even the good shots just felt off. May go for the lessons this off season we’ll see what happens. I do need to get the planemate back out, that has always really helped so we’ll see.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

51 minutes ago, chisag said:

Not going to lie. I kind of needed to read this after today's round. Course was only able to let me play 9 this morning because they have a tournament going on and so I was able to play the back before the tournament caught up. Anyway, went to warm up and everything was just OK. Nothing great, but solid enough. Went to the course and it was legitimately a struggle. Almost all of my tee shots were low and left. Just not hitting anything all that well. I mean, I did manage to hit a number of trees pretty solidly, but that's about all I can say. Managed to walk away with only one par, but at least I was able to walk the course since the weather has finally gotten a little cooler. 

It was honestly just an ugly round. I've been going through some swing changes and it got me thinking about how do you manage to play in the middle of making drastic swing changes. "my swing" is definitely flawed, but when I'm practicing and playing often enough, I can time it pretty well to be mostly effective. The idea behind the swing changes is to reduce the reliance on timing everything perfectly. Reduce variables so to speak. It's a rough transition for me, and so I go through periods of just awful results. Tomorrow I may go out the range and pure everything with the swing changes. It's just not there yet. 

So how does one stick through the bad rounds and keep going when I know I could just revert back to my "wrong" swing and put up better scores? Should I just forget about playing for a solid chunk of time until I have the swing changes grooved? Out on the course I find myself kind of half committed to the changes, and half relying on timing, and that leads to some very interesting results. 

Driver: PXG 0811XF Gen 4 w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6- 
3 Wood: PXG 0341XF Gen 4 w/ Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70g
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Spornia SPG-7 hitting net review
2023 Titleist White Box ProV1 review

16 minutes ago, RichL85 said:

I've been going through some swing changes and it got me thinking about how do you manage to play in the middle of making drastic swing changes. "my swing" is definitely flawed, but when I'm practicing and playing often enough, I can time it pretty well to be mostly effective. The idea behind the swing changes is to reduce the reliance on timing everything perfectly. Reduce variables so to speak. It's a rough transition for me, and so I go through periods of just awful results. Tomorrow I may go out the range and pure everything with the swing changes. It's just not there yet. 

So how does one stick through the bad rounds and keep going when I know I could just revert back to my "wrong" swing and put up better scores? Should I just forget about playing for a solid chunk of time until I have the swing changes grooved? Out on the course I find myself kind of half committed to the changes, and half relying on timing, and that leads to some very interesting results. 

... We have all been there. Just remember, it took Tiger about one full year to make a permanent swing change. That's hitting balls every day and having a coach help with his transition. So for Am's a swing change can be catastrophic when actually playing golf because you will be caught between swings. Your brain wants to do what it has done in the past so it is a constant battle. Everyone has their own path so no right answers. That said, I have always felt you should put thoughts on hold and just play golf. Save the changes for the living room, yard and especially the range. If you can't dedicate serious range time, a swing change will be darn near impossible.

... But you will be caught between what you have done and what you want to do with your swing, so just accept the good and the bad results. I know, I know it is easier said than done. There is also nothing wrong with committing to the swing change on the course and just playing poorly while the changes start to take hold as long as you are OK with really bad caught in-between two swings golf. But either way committing to one or the other is paramount because going back and forth will make both approaches frustrating. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

6 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I walked off the course after 15 holes today…..I am so lost on my swing right now and only 2 weeks after one of my better ball striking rounds. So lost….

Beautiful morning though so not all was lost. And had a single chip in which is good!

316A396F-82B7-4BC2-AC94-6A87669353A4.jpeg

5AA4FA26-9E76-47D0-B633-6BE4BA34C2B8.jpeg

Relax, it’ll work it’s way out.  You have a lot going on with new sticks that took forever and end of Fall coming up.  You’ll work it out.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Relax, it’ll work it’s way out.  You have a lot going on with new sticks that took forever and end of Fall coming up.  You’ll work it out.

Thanks Rick!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Thanks Rick!

👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just now, Kenny B said:

What are you going to do when we lose the 👍 emoji?  😬

Panic I guess!!!  I just found that emoji last year 😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

Day 1 of our Fall Blitz two day tourney.  Weather was awesome 66*-84*. I shot a 42/43:85 FIR 9/14 64% GIR 4/18 22% with 30 putts.  I had 6 Up & Downs for 54%. Finished in 5th place heading to Day 2.  $7k in winnings plus $4k in the Calcutta. 

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

What a mess today, 1st hole 33deg doglegleft about,  2nd 165M 3Hybrid to 6ft sunk the putt birdie. Felt good and shouting to everyone I could SEE as I played alone, Bugger....

IMG_20221016_170240.jpg

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Owen and I played a scramble outing with Mark and our other friend Kevin at Marengo Ridge yesterday.  Cool temps and a steady breeze meant layering up and I've come to realize that I just can't play in those conditions, lol. 

Marengo is a tricky course; lots of trees and other hazards, plus a ton of doglegs and other blind shots.  We didn't play badly but we also just never got on track.  Approaches were routinely short for all of us and the ones that weren't short left miles of putts.  

Owen started out okay but since he'd turned 21 in August he's drinking a bit on weekend rounds.  Since he doesn't drink often it hits him quickly and hard.  He fell off on the back and also decided to leap a fence for an OB ball to predictably disastrous results.  He's got a pretty scraped up knee and a severely wounded ego!

Me, on the other hand; I have no excuses and just played poorly.  I couldn't hit a putt on line all day and couldn't put together a string of good shots in general.  Overall we went (-3) 69 to finish on the bottom third.  We're already looking forward to it next year!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

Got out with @Mr_Theoo and @MaxEntropy at Delaware Golf Club near Columbus today.

Hit some good and some bad. 44/45 89. Found my driver on the back but just made some dumb mistakes.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Played pretty well with a sore back and 46º when we teed off.  Shot a 42 on the front nine (+5) with a double on #3.  Played the back nine at EVEN par 35 with 2 bogeys and 2 birdies... so 77.

The highlight was on the short par 4 risk/reward hole #14.  If the wind is right, I can drive the green; no wind today so I tried it anyway.  Beautiful line at the flagstick, but when I hit it I knew that the trajectory wasn't high enough to cover the bunker that runs from 80y out all the way to the front of the green.  Until this last year I never would try for the green, but my bunker play has been really good.  Ball was in the bunker 20y from the pin, just short of the grass in front of the 3 foot elevated green.  Beautiful 60º wedge shot to a foot for a tap-in birdie... thank you Monte for the bunker lessons!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, MattF said:

Got out with @Mr_Theoo and @MaxEntropy at Delaware Golf Club near Columbus today.

Hit some good and some bad. 44/45 89. Found my driver on the back but just made some dumb mistakes.

Fun time, fun course. About the time Matt found his driver, mine went AWOL, but I still managed to mostly avoid the big numbers (two doubles) and scrambled around in 42/44 (par 71). 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Day 2 of our Fall Blitz. Did not perform like yesterday. Shot 45/45:90 with one birdie (Par 3 #7). Finished tied for 7th out of 37 with +4 for 2 days. My points quota was 19. Had a CTP on #7.

FIR 10/14 71% GIR 3/18 17% with 34 putts with 3 lip outs under 2 feet! Ouch!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Last round was a very average 43/43-86. Only 3 GIR but still managed 8 pars with decent putting.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

Got out yesterday afternoon for another round, but it wasn't quite as good as my Tuesday round - 39/38 for 77. I birdied the first hole, but that was it for the highlights. I just kept totally blowing a shot every couple holes. There was a lot of luck down the stretch to help me save some pars. Like on #7 I pull hooked my drive into trees, but then put a 3W on the green. Next hole I put my second into a bunker on a par 5, and missed the green short escaping it, but ran in a 12 footer for the par save, just odd stuff like that. Still nothing wrong with +5 (Net +1) They have 3 nines, and the holes 5-8 on my second 9 is a really tough stretch. The yardages are 425-435-410-595 and they always play into the wind.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star