TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

38/39/77 (+5)

Although I didn't hit every fairway (8), driver was working. Each, a solid shot with misses not being far off.

11 greens, 34 putts, 2 birds.

Played the TM Tour Response (previous version) for the first time in a long while. Performed very well for me across the board. I've had issues with it in the past wrt performance in the wind but today was mostly calm and for those days, it suits me.

First round of the week started off great but then came to a grinding halt on the back nine. Weather was in 60’s at 7:40 tee time and 2armed up nicely to mid 80’s.  Shot a 42/46:90 - CH 14 = 76 less Par 72 = +4….FIR 10/14 for 71% GIR 1/18 for 11% with 30 putts. I birdied the par 4 #2 hole and go5 a skin for it.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

As bad as the driver felt Saturday, it was the complete opposite last night. Every drive was center of the face (or close to it) and all but two ended up on my start line and faded back in as intended, and only one of the push-fades left me with no shot at the green. Distances were 264, 252, 285, 258, 255, 282, 284. Unfortunately, with our league course, that meant I had a fair number of partial wedges for second shots. Distance control with them SUCKED. I missed the green twice from 30-50 yards (one short, one long)🤦‍♂️. Putting was only OK, but I'm not too concerned. The greens were punched a couple weeks ago and they were bumpier last night than just after they did it. I ended up with a +6 42 which is right on my league handicap.

More than likely, this was it for the year for me. It was good to end on a relatively high note. See y'all next spring!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Another beautiful day out. Played 9 and had my best score ever on the hardest hole on the course. Its the third hole and It’s a long narrow dogleg left par 5 with trees on the right and water on the left that fronts the green. I hit my driver through the dogleg into wet rough. The rough sort of ate up my second shot and left me once again in the wet rough with 174 yards to the hole. I played it safe with a 6 iron that landed safely short of the green. I hit my 54 degree wedge well to 12 feet from 30 yards and 2 putted for a bogey. For me, anytime I play this hole without losing a ball is a great result. The next hole was my ball finder hole. Par 4, pulled my drive left of the fairway into the rough. My second shot from the rough saw the rough grab my club and open the face and my shot flew right and ended up in some bushes. In my search for my Kirkland Signature which I never found, I did find a number Titleist balls, a Pro 1, a Pro V1x, an AVX and a TruFeel. 😂 I finished the round bogey, bogey and a score of 53. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Well, back to muni reality after getting to play that Hokuala on vacation.  Hopped out on the par 3 18 hole near me this morning after dropping my daughter off at school.  +8 over 18 holes that easily could have been lower.  I've been putting a lot of pressure on myself to improve lately (even on vacation) and I decided to just go out and enjoy it today -- which I should do more often.  I didn't spend a ton of time overthinking things, just trusted myself.  That said, I think all that pressure and attention to detail has made things a little more automatic for me in real time.  In other words, I think I may have finally set some good habits into my pre-shot routine so that it has the intended effect of calming my mind instead of overthinking everything. 

I may not post much here over the next month.  Following Rustic Canyon next week I'm going to take the month off and give myself a little 'off season' to focus on a swing adjustment I want to make that I think is really going to help my consistency and tip me over the edge into single digits.  

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

First round with the TSr2 today, and shot a 73. 
they punched and sanded the greens yesterday, so that made putting an adventure- 

the driver is great- super forgiving, and still as long as the Mavrics good hits, and way better on bad hits. Way better- I didn’t really strike the ball super crispy, but the driver was still long and in the fairway all day- makes the game much easier on those days where you’re not on top of it…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Oh what a thrill to be a long knocker for a day.  Last Sunday, with hard and dry fairways and strong wind at my back, I hit a drive on our short Par 5 #9 that was 101 yards from the flag, which I estimated at approximately 344 yards.  The last 75 yards of the drive was down hill, so everything worked in my favor.  This is the farthest I have ever driven the ball on this hole and this is coming from a 63 year old with a 95 mph driver swing speed.  I had another 300+ drive on a down wind Par 4.  We received some much needed rain this week, so I will be back to my average length drives this weekend.  

Ping G425 Max 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

PXG Gen 5 0311XF 8° w/Grafalloy ProLaunch 45 A-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

25 minutes ago, Invader Zim 315 said:

Man, been a while since I've been back on this forum.

After a really long year at my old employer, with zero golf during that time, I made a move this summer and am finally making my way back to the game.  It honestly feels so good to have it back in my life.  Hasn't been a good summer score-wise, but what do you expect.  I live in NYC and didn't play for a year.  At the end of the day, the past two months since i changed roles i've played some amazing courses and am just happy to be along for the ride.  

Couple of pics from my round at Liberty National - boss took me a few weeks ago.  It's definitely unapologetically modern, but still beautiful.  Cheers.

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1896.PNG

Awesome photos....thanks for sharing and welcome back!

Ping G425 Max 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

PXG Gen 5 0311XF 8° w/Grafalloy ProLaunch 45 A-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

6:30 A.M. Thursday morning, I’m off to the club to play. I zip onto the interstate to hop off the next exit then straight to Plantation Palms.  Uh oh! As I got on the interstate for my 4 mile jaunt to the next exit, I noticed all had come to a halt. Fast forward 5 hours later as I exit the interstate to find a restroom quickly….guess I missed my game.  Oh well, I turned around and came home. So I booked a time this morning to make up for missing Thursday.  Shot a 42/43:85 FIR 11/14 79% GIR 6/18 33% with 31 putts. I also had an Up & Down of 43%. 

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

2 hours ago, fozcycle said:

6:30 A.M. Thursday morning, I’m off to the club to play. I zip onto the interstate to hop off the next exit then straight to Plantation Palms.  Uh oh! As I got on the interstate for my 4 mile jaunt to the next exit, I noticed all had come to a halt. Fast forward 5 hours later as I exit the interstate to find a restroom quickly….guess I missed my game.  Oh well, I turned around and came home. So I booked a time this morning to make up for missing Thursday.  Shot a 42/43:85 FIR 11/14 79% GIR 6/18 33% with 31 putts. I also had an Up & Down of 43%. 

I heard about that. Dude tried to cross 75 after his SUV broke down and got hit by 3 different vehicles.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Played Timberline today, shot a 44/34 78 (par 71). First time I have ever been under par on a 9!! Had 3 birdies. Just changed out my driver head so I am getting used to it, and I was not hitting it well, lot of spin on it. However my irons were very good along with my short game. Even came oh so close to an ace! 22CA0A11-5E97-458E-B416-7BEFE3DA425E.jpeg.6b6a1c3f6a3cf4989376efbd739d86e3.jpegEB0B9B14-C062-45B3-A814-98EE7FB50DD3.jpeg.bc313c7e8158ceb83c3e3a0e965f029b.jpegC16A3351-95A7-4B3A-BBFE-36E13B98C972.png.4d3aacbafb66ff8135262cb0cc554f02.png

770DAF8C-92E3-4F84-A398-11078F8FD5BE.jpeg

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Game #2 with the TSr2, and matched my 73 from the first game. 
Just flat thrilled with this driver…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

3 hours ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

Played Timberline today, shot a 44/34 78 (par 71). First time I have ever been under par on a 9!! Had 3 birdies. Just changed out my driver head so I am getting used to it, and I was not hitting it well, lot of spin on it. However my irons were very good along with my short game. Even came oh so close to an ace! 22CA0A11-5E97-458E-B416-7BEFE3DA425E.jpeg.6b6a1c3f6a3cf4989376efbd739d86e3.jpegEB0B9B14-C062-45B3-A814-98EE7FB50DD3.jpeg.bc313c7e8158ceb83c3e3a0e965f029b.jpegC16A3351-95A7-4B3A-BBFE-36E13B98C972.png.4d3aacbafb66ff8135262cb0cc554f02.png

770DAF8C-92E3-4F84-A398-11078F8FD5BE.jpeg

Unless you have an ace (and I don't see a badge), there is a place to report these "close encounters". Nice round and better luck next time 😊.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Finally got to play Granite Falls South the other day.  I've played the other three courses since we got here but GFS was just closing for the winter overseed when we arrived.  It was great and to be brutally honest, I'd have a hard time choosing a favorite course at this point.  They all are quite challenging and each its unique attributes. 

I shot a 39/44 and blew the back up on the "island green" 17th hole mostly because I was undecided on my tee shot.  It's a 3w or 5w at most off the tee on the short par 4.  I thought about just hitting a 4i to completely take the water out of play but decided on the 3w and hit the worst shot of the round.  Didn't rinse it but got in the huge waste trap and behind an oleander.  Tried a hero shot and rinsed it, then parked #4 into the trap and spent another in the trap 😒.

Oh well, I'm getting a second go at this track tomorrow with a guy we met while looking at a queen bed he had listed.  We didn't buy the bed but we started talking golf and he asked if I wanted to hook up for a round... ummm, let me think about that for a picosecond... yes 😆.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Not a good day.

What was supposed to be a slightly overcast morning with temps going up to 70, was 57, windy and damp. Then the rain came. 🙄

I made par on a very tough opening hole, then 4putted (3 from 4 feet) for a 7 on #2. It was all downhill from there. I couldn’t wait to get to the turn, get a rain check and go home. I sleepwalked to a tidy 51, and to be honest, I really didn’t care. I was wearing shorts and a shortsleeved windbreaker, and I was freezing.

Got in the car with a cup of hot chocolate, put the heater on for the first time in over 6 months and drove home. 

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Unless you have an ace (and I don't see a badge), there is a place to report these "close encounters". Nice round and better luck next time 😊.

Oh thank you! I was looking for that but could not find it! 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Well I've been quiet for a while. This was the first time I've touched my clubs in over 2 months. So I had no expectations heading right to the course with no practice. Of course I watch of a lot of online tutorial videos since I haven't been able to play. It could be good I forget some bad habits or it could be bad I have some of these video tips in my head. One I took to the course was a a tip for consistent ball position at setup.

I played my home track (69.7/119) from the gold tees which plays a little under 6400 yds. It's a deceiving course even though there isn't much sand, the course is well protected by sawgrass. Greens are well protected on both sides and long. So if you're not in play, it's easy to rack up the strokes.

.Shot 45/42 tying my personal best 87 with only one triple, 2 doubles, 8 bogeys and 7 pars/GIRs. That was with 6 penalties and even missed a couple 3-5 foot birdie putts. I will say I hit a lot more pure shots than bad shots with woods/irons.

Hit more fades on the range as I implemented my new setup routine (usually more draw biased). Get out on the course, aim to play the fade and wind up hitting the draw. Setup more anticipating my draw and hit the fade. So played a lot on the edge of the fairways/rough. Hit a few 280 bombs with best drive hitting 300 yds (flat course not downhill) but 4 of my penalties were off the tee having no good sense of what ball flight I'd hit. Only missed 1 par 3 green which is a PB. My biggest struggle was wedges 50-100yd out, was thinking too much about setup and the ball position most often catching it thin in this range. Chipping recovery was on fire having 3 chips stopping within a foot of the hole for a one putt (33 putts total). So overall had fun and really happy with the outcome after the 2 month hiatus!! I just hope it's not another few months before I can get out again.

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

Fall colors are the best!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)