Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

8 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Veterans Day golf has become a tradition at a favorite family owned course south of me, they don't charge Vets for a cart on this day and if I walk it they usually just waive the greens fee.  Today Nicole's northern bands arrived on the way to the course. Took this video on the ride to the course, been using this windshield treatment for 40 years, problem is the heavier the rain the easier it is to forget it is raining and have to remember I'm going to get wet if I get out without an umbrella ready. 👇

I do enjoy playing golf in rain, don't know what it is but more than any other conditions my game comes together better than other times.  46 and 44 for one more than my best round ever (and handicap went down a point when the round saved).  This one is going for my Week 7 Tour entry, too good to pass up. 

Only 2 others on the course before me and they said I was their last player on the course for the year.  Presented with a certificate for golf next year so essentially gave me back my green fee to use again after the no-outdoor-golf months are past.  The improvements this year with new footbridges improving access across their many creeks, places where brush used to be now resembling idyllic gardens,  better cart paths and terraced tee boxes, indeed I will be back next year and not just to use their gift as more than ever it is a peaceful place I golf to find.

I'm pleased to hear you got your annual Veteran's Day round in, Derek. It sounds like you played well and had an enjoyable time, even with the remnants of Nicole coming down. I know I'm a day late on this, but thank you and the other veterans on here for your service. 

Yesterday's regular game was called on account of rain, but I did manage to get in 9 holes after it stopped (kinda).  Played as a 5some and after 2 holes, we played Wolf for the remaining 7 holes.  Hit the ball fair; sloppy turf didn't help the cause, any.  Ended up winning $2 on the Wolf game.  We had one big loser that funded everyone else's losses.  I actually won $2.50, but owed .50 to the big winner....LOL...big stakes!!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

4 hours ago, CarlH said:

Yesterday's regular game was called on account of rain, but I did manage to get in 9 holes after it stopped (kinda).  Played as a 5some and after 2 holes, we played Wolf for the remaining 7 holes.  Hit the ball fair; sloppy turf didn't help the cause, any.  Ended up winning $2 on the Wolf game.  We had one big loser that funded everyone else's losses.  I actually won $2.50, but owed .50 to the big winner....LOL...big stakes!!

Nice going, reminding me back to my playing in Sydney and played for a beer. I used to mostly win $10ish for the sands saves of the day, great memories of some good golfing mates...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

21 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Yeah I know all about “old” at 72 because my body just won’t do what I want, and that’s bloody frustrating as right now I’m sitting in my recliner with muscle spasms in my left hip. Which model TSr you using?

The TSr2- it’s actually a perfect driver for me as I’m all over the face- and oddly, when I do my big swing, I am more in the sweetspot, and they really go long- but it seems like my body is rejecting the big swing. Hopefully my drs can get me figured out soon

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Just now, Sluggo42 said:

The TSr2- it’s actually a perfect driver for me as I’m all over the face- and oddly, when I do my big swing, I am more in the sweetspot, and they really go long- but it seems like my body is rejecting the big swing. Hopefully my drs can get me figured out soon

I'm using the 917 D3 8.5 loft A1 setup, I've also got a TS2 10.5 loft toooooooooo high. So I I'm going to sell it and a 913 D3 heads only...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Another frustrating day. We played The Pearl today, and the white tees played a lot longer than on the card. The course was soaked after a tropical storm went through our area. My ball striking was pretty good, but because I can never seem to be firing on all cylinders, I couldn’t get a putt to the hole, much less make one on the super slow greens. I ended up shooting 47-41-88, which as it turned out wasn’t as bad as I thought at the time.

The rest of the A flight struggled much more than I did today. I somehow took 4th out of 16 players and won $50. Go figure… 🤷‍♂️

That said, my “mallet” experiment that began with me testing the LAB DF2.1 earlier this year and then a #7 style Odyssey is coming to an end. My old Yes! Tracy is going back in the bag, and over the Holidays I’ll decide on whether to get a Seemore mini-giant or a Newport 2.0

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 54-11

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

5 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Another frustrating day. We played The Pearl today, and the white tees played a lot longer than on the card. The course was soaked after a tropical storm went through our area. My ball striking was pretty good, but because I can never seem to be firing on all cylinders, I couldn’t get a putt to the hole, much less make one on the super slow greens. I ended up shooting 47-41-88, which as it turned out wasn’t as bad as I thought at the time.

The rest of the A flight struggled much more than I did today. I somehow took 4th out of 16 players and won $50. Go figure… 🤷‍♂️

That said, my “mallet” experiment that began with me testing the LAB DF2.1 earlier this year and then a #7 style Odyssey is coming to an end. My old Yes! Tracy is going back in the bag, and over the Holidays I’ll decide on whether to get a Seemore mini-giant or a Newport 2.0

Lots of putters there mate, picking a good putter is harder than picking a wife some say..

Went yesterday for what will be the last round here in Michigan this year. Played with my usual group of friends, regulars we meet up as much as possible at this course on the weekends.

It was cloudy, 38 degrees when we teed off, and the temperature dropped, and we actually finished with some white flakes coming down on the last 3 holes.

Played as well as conditions allowed, both being dressed in multiple layers, and allowing for temperature and weather to impact ball flights and distances.

Also learned that there is a new indoor golf facility not too far from the house, so I should be able to get there to keep basic swing intact over the winter months.

Pictures below are the signature hole, number 17, a 170 yard par 3, and the flakes should clearly be visible.

IMG_7736.jpg

IMG_7738.jpg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

19 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Went yesterday for what will be the last round here in Michigan this year. Played with my usual group of friends, regulars we meet up as much as possible at this course on the weekends.

It was cloudy, 38 degrees when we teed off, and the temperature dropped, and we actually finished with some white flakes coming down on the last 3 holes.

Played as well as conditions allowed, both being dressed in multiple layers, and allowing for temperature and weather to impact ball flights and distances.

Also learned that there is a new indoor golf facility not too far from the house, so I should be able to get there to keep basic swing intact over the winter months.

Pictures below are the signature hole, number 17, a 170 yard par 3, and the flakes should clearly be visible.

IMG_7736.jpg

IMG_7738.jpg

Would be fun to hit short, bounce off the ice and onto the green!

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

15 minutes ago, GaryF said:

Would be fun to hit short, bounce off the ice and onto the green!

I used to play a course that was a par 4 dogleg left with a pond on the left and in front of the green.  In winter, when the course was open, the pond would be frozen over and a good drive at the green would hit the pond and bounce onto the green.  Was. always fun to "go for it"!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Shot a 45/46:91 today with no birdies and a whole lot of walking as we had over 5” of rain and were CPO! I was totally worn out after 15 holes.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My club had their Turkey Shoot yesterday after a two hour frost delay, so my wife and I went to our sister course across the river.  Only the second time this year that I have played it; nice greens but slower than ours led to three 3-putts.  Shot 80 with one birdie, multiple lip-outs, and one double.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It was 26° and breezy when we teed off Saturday morning and 32° when we finished.  I shot 85 in the cold conditions.  My putting was poor with several 3 putts.  But it was still fun!  Sunday was 28° when we started, but very light wind and sunshine which made it seem and feel much warmer.  I shot 4 over on the front and my golfing companion left after 9.  Playing solo on the backside, I hit a couple of balls, so no accurate score.  

Edited by David Leighton Reid

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

3 hours ago, David Leighton Reid said:

It was 26° and breezy when we teed off Saturday morning and 32° when we finished.  I shot 85 in the cold conditions.  My putting was poor with several 3 putts.  But it was still fun!  Sunday was 28° when we started, but very light wind and sunshine which made it seem and feel much warmer.  I shot 4 over on the front and my golfing companion left after 9.  Playing solo on the backside, I hit a couple of balls, so no accurate score.  

Yeah I like going out on my own so I can practice difficult shots playing 3-4 balls, I don't always putt out and make sure I'm not holding up those following. I like to hit balls when I've not hit a good shot particularly on unusual lies or from the rough etc, I don't play when it's too cold I have enough trouble playing when it's warm lol...

29 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Yeah I like going out on my own so I can practice difficult shots playing 3-4 balls, I don't always putt out and make sure I'm not holding up those following. I like to hit balls when I've not hit a good shot particularly on unusual lies or from the rough etc, I don't play when it's too cold I have enough trouble playing when it's warm lol...

There wasn't much worry about holding anyone up on Sunday, because there weren't many other idiots on the course.  I thoroughly enjoy my practice rounds playing a couple of balls, except when I hit one left and the other right.  It makes for a lot of extra walking!

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

On 11/13/2022 at 3:34 AM, Bang60 said:

Lots of putters there mate, picking a good putter is harder than picking a wife some say..

Yeah. I bagged the Tracy for over 15 years. I can’t believe how much trouble I’m having trying to find a replacement. (and I’m also wondering why I am)

On 11/13/2022 at 9:10 AM, CarlH said:

I used to play a course that was a par 4 dogleg left with a pond on the left and in front of the green.  In winter, when the course was open, the pond would be frozen over and a good drive at the green would hit the pond and bounce onto the green.  Was. always fun to "go for it"!

I played a similar course up on Long Island, but I can’t remember the name of it? Maybe someone from Long Island can recall it? It was just down the road from where the cemeteries are around Farmingdale, near the Pinelawn train station.

Anyway they had a par 5 that wrapped around the lake the course might have been named after. We played the last round of the year and also the last one before it went private. Must have been almost 20 years ago. So the lake was frozen, and a light snow was falling. I teed off with a 7 iron.. It went long and high then bounced and bounced on the ice, heading for the green and going right at the flag. I had thoughts of a double Eagle and a plaque with my name on it near the green going through my head. 😂

As my luck would have it, the last big bounce it took landed right into the 6” high wall between the fringe and the ice, and wedged itself right into it. We could see it from the tee. I was crushed.

My friends wanted to let me drop just forward of that spot on dry land, but I re teed and took a snowman. Which seemed fitting, considering the weather.

Edited by Grand Stranded

28 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I played 9 with my neighbor on a day I’d normally never consider it. It was really cold down here this morning. He plays a tee up from where I normally do, so I joined him there.

I know this makes very little sense, but it drove me nuts. The first par 3 plays about 135 from the whites. According to him the green tees were moved up a bit, but it was playing 86 yards for goodness sake! I mean, what do you do there? You can’t tee up a SW can you?  I hit one off the turf, and then just for fun I punched an 8 iron. The 8 iron came closer, 😂.

We had a good time though. I very rarely drink on the course, but it was in the high 40’s today when we teed off today so I made an exception. I caught a decent buzz, and found out I like pecan whiskey. Who knew?
Then we went in and had a bowl of soup for lunch. Perfect prep day for NY golf, if the weather up there allows.

Edited by Grand Stranded

34 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I played a similar course up on Long Island, but I can’t remember the name of it? Maybe someone from Long Island can recall it? It was just down the road from where the cemeteries are around Farmingdale, near the Pinelawn train station.

That sounds like Colonial Springs - there's 3 x 9s and each #9 has a water hazard .. two courses finish along either side of a long pond running towards the clubhouse, and the third has a smaller pond along the right side of the green and its approach.

Yes .. a few of my golf balls are underwater there 🤪

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

4 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Yeah. I bagged the Tracy for over 15 years. I can’t believe how much trouble I’m having trying to find a replacement. (and I’m also wondering why I am)

I couldn't look 15 years for a woman never mind a putter, you need to get out more have a coffee whilst people watching some real pretty sights out there lol..

27 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

That sounds like Colonial Springs - there's 3 x 9s and each #9 has a water hazard .. two courses finish along either side of a long pond running towards the clubhouse, and the third has a smaller pond along the right side of the green and its approach.

Yes .. a few of my golf balls are underwater there 🤪

That’s it!!! Is it open to the public again? I thought it went private?

Edited by Grand Stranded

18 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

I couldn't look 15 years for a woman never mind a putter, you need to get out more have a coffee whilst people watching some real pretty sights out there lol..

I wasn’t trying to replace it for 15 years, I started looking a year ago. 😂😂😂😂 

It’s funny. After you mentioned women, I realized… I’ve had that Yes! putter longer than I stayed married. 🙄

Edited by Grand Stranded

On 11/9/2022 at 4:22 AM, Bang60 said:

Surgery on your body is tough, mind as over 3 years ago and I'm just starting to feel good. Hang in there and you will lose those big scores, no rhyme nor reason it happens just your body dealing with it...

Yes, and it continues. Last Thursday, I had my worst round of golf since the first full year that I played golf (1986).  The leg hasn’t fully recovered and it’s causing balance and weight shift issues. In addition, I get tired on my back nine pretty much every round, whether I walk or ride. That is almost certainly why I have scored much better in my two nine hole rounds the last two weeks.

I am walking 4+ miles every day that I don’t play golf, and I have been working out vigorously and consistently ever since my doctor and the surgeon who did the cancer surgery on my leg gave me the OK to do so about 4 weeks ago.

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

5 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

Yes, and it continues. Last Thursday, I had my worst round of golf since the first full year that I played golf (1986).  The leg hasn’t fully recovered and it’s causing balance and weight shift issues. In addition, I get tired on my back nine pretty much every round, whether I walk or ride. That is almost certainly why I have scored much better in my two nine hole rounds the last two weeks.

I am walking 4+ miles every day that I don’t play golf, and I have been working out vigorously and consistently ever since my doctor and the surgeon who did the cancer surgery on my leg gave me the OK to do so about 4 weeks ago.

I'm a 9 hole member for the last 3 years and I'm not happy, I've played a few 18 holes but need a cart which is too bloody expensive. I'm hoping an ebike will carry my bag and me for 9ish holes, time will tell but I'm not giving up and nor should you mate plus I play with another old guy on a 40ish handicap that some won't play lousy buggers...

8 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

Should not worry too much if at all about scores since your surgery. Even with your rigorous attempt in recovery, it has only been a short while and the full recovery timeframe may be much longer to get back too 100%. Especially on an limb which supports our weight or provides our strength.

Best of luck going forward, and hopefully by early spring you will be fully good to go and playing without any issues or detriments caused by the surgery.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

12 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

That’s it!!! Is it open to the public again? I thought it went private?

Yes it is - we'd joined last year, with a deal on deferred initiation, and while the golf itself itself is pretty great there we just didn't enjoy the whole "experience" as much as we'd originally hoped (was our first private club experience and my wife actually was not totally comfortable there as it seemed to her to be very macho-competitive male oriented .. me idontgivea(bleep) i just wanna hit golf balls).

They do host a *lot* of outings and tourneys so there are other ways to get on there and play.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

15 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

Sorry to hear about your leg/cancer surgery and hope you completely recover.  Two years ago I had to have right knee surgery for torn meniscus, torn plica and slightly displaced knee cap.  Pretty routine surgery but I was curious if there are many back knees of the golf swing that require surgery (not sure which leg you had surgery on).  Not a lot of info, but I found a very comprehensive report from two Drs in Aus that took a lot of measurements.  

Whether you had surgery on your knee, or other part of the leg, with a proper swing, at the top of the backswing and first 1/3 of the down swing, the back leg absorbs ~300% force or 3x body weight.  IIRC, the front leg absorbs 200% or 2x body weight.  There are also significant internal rotational forces.  Bottom line, golf puts a lot of strain and forces on the legs.

After 7 weeks of PT , I was cleared by my dr who also does knees & shoulders for  UGA football, who told me to take it easy for another 90 days.  Said I could do anything I wanted, but I would feel discomfort.  The he laughed and said “if you played football, you would have already played two games”. 

Anyways,  good luck and take care.  As you know, it’s a process and will take as long as it takes. 

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour