How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Waiting on the wrath!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

20 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Resistance.jpg.6bca21e24ad478b727c87e033b35cc11.jpg

... Let me put yours and the rest of the forum minds at rest. You have nothing to fear from anyone or anything that wears a bow tie. Less Nessman ... 'nuff said. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

50 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Waiting on the wrath!

Since you are correct, I will let this one slide.

38 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Let me put yours and the rest of the forum minds at rest. You have nothing to fear from anyone or anything that wears a bow tie. Less Nessman ... 'nuff said. 

As for you @chisag   just one example, nuff said. 

bowtie.jpg.fbaea4cf9373cf313ccf81dc02a6a748.jpg

5 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

As for you @chisag   just one example, nuff said. 

bowtie.jpg.fbaea4cf9373cf313ccf81dc02a6a748.jpg

... I don't know how to break this to you, and having a personal relationship with the Jokers nemesis I have first hand knowledge but ... he isn't real, he is make believe!  And I am sure you don't wanna go there do you Newman I mean Yellow Ball

1469317347_MV5BNWViYjA1MjQtOWQwYS00M2JlLWE3MTEtMjkyYmNkMTk1MDA4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODA1ODY1MjA@._V1_UY1200_CR47306301200_AL_.jpg.e4cd7f9328e5ffe253847a247b328f65.jpg

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... I don't know how to break this to you, and having a personal relationship with the Jokers nemesis I have first hand knowledge but ... he isn't real, he is make believe!  And I am sure you don't wanna go there do you Newman I mean Yellow Ball

WHAT, not real. My inspiration is not real! "Make believe". My day is ruined. 

Hey wait a minute............ I saw you on TV. Are you not real too.  I have a very small brain, please don't overload me. Sunday is the day of rest. I have a busy torment schedule on the courses next week. 

7 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

WHAT, not real. My inspiration is not real! "Make believe". My day is ruined. 

Hey wait a minute............ I saw you on TV. Are you not real too.  I have a very small brain, please don't overload me. Sunday is the day of rest. I have a busy torment schedule on the courses next week. 

... Sorry, I thought you knew. Since you are resting today I will cut you some slack this once. I  am real but the characters I play on TV are make believe. Those birdies and that eagle you saw me make in the 110* heat? They were all real but those few bogies were from my make believe TV characters. I hope that makes things clear. And of course I know about your tiny brain but for others here:

Scientists have finally located the smallest brain ever seen and it belongs to Yellow Ball

Yellow Ball has neurons very similar to those in the human brain despite being only the width of a human hair. 

Dr Detlev Arendt, of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany, said: 'At the stage investigated - we looked at six-day Yellow Ball - this is certainly one of the smallest fully formed brains in the animal kingdom one can look at.

'Yellow Balls form their brain very early, because they start interacting with the various golf course environments very early.

'Mice and flies, in contrast, form their brains at a relatively much later stage with many more cells.

'This is very convenient for us, because we are using the new single-cell RNA sequencing technology for sequencing all cells of Yellow Balls brains in one experiment.

'This is impossible with more advanced mice or flies.'

20 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Sorry, I thought you knew. Since you are resting today I will cut you some slack this once. I  am real but the characters I play on TV are make believe. Those birdies and that eagle you saw me make in the 110* heat? They were all real but those few bogies were from my make believe TV characters. I hope that makes things clear. And of course I know about your tiny brain but for others here:

Scientists have finally located the smallest brain ever seen and it belongs to Yellow Ball

Yellow Ball has neurons very similar to those in the human brain despite being only the width of a human hair. 

Dr Detlev Arendt, of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany, said: 'At the stage investigated - we looked at six-day Yellow Ball - this is certainly one of the smallest fully formed brains in the animal kingdom one can look at.

'Yellow Balls form their brain very early, because they start interacting with the various golf course environments very early.

'Mice and flies, in contrast, form their brains at a relatively much later stage with many more cells.

'This is very convenient for us, because we are using the new single-cell RNA sequencing technology for sequencing all cells of Yellow Balls brains in one experiment.

I don't know a darn thing about all this science stuff.  But on Thursday you called out my ability to hunt, forage, keen sense of smell, a bounty on my head by the golf course rangers. Am I not at least smarter than a fly.  I never met a fly with a bounty. But we also have some other traits in common. Pesty, annoying, and even when you try to swat them away, they keep coming back. But they are not as durable as I am, and I have a much longer life span. 

27 minutes ago, chisag said:

Sam, with this post you are now nominated for MGSSAG's best original production for 2023

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

12 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

I don't know a darn thing about all this science stuff.  But on Thursday you called out my ability to hunt, forage, keen sense of smell, a bounty on my head by the golf course rangers. Am I not at least smarter than a fly.  I never met a fly with a bounty. But we also have some other traits in common. Pesty, annoying, and even when you try to swat them away, they keep coming back. But they are not as durable as I am, and I have a much longer life span. 

... A thespian only reads and repeats so the science stuff is in the hands of the writers and directors. Took me years to learn 'copy and paste' so that is the extent of my science knowledge. That said, aren't you and flies both drawn to 💩 ? 

2 minutes ago, Yellow Ball said:

Well, I am drawn to 💩y golfers. That's where I get my best stories from.  

... See? You do know science. 

5 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Hopefully I didn't stir something up by using his profile pic.

Resistance.jpg.6bca21e24ad478b727c87e033b35cc11.jpg

Ohhhh you did it now! Have you never heard of the phrase “don’t poke the yellow ball!”

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

23 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Ohhhh you did it now! Have you never heard of the phrase “don’t poke the yellow ball!”

I thought it was “sleeping Bear” but I’m probably wrong 😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

I thought it was “sleeping Bear” but I’m probably wrong 😁

Yellow ball has created his own phrase, bear is a butterfly compared to YB

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

23 hours ago, Yellow Ball said:

Sorry, my wife found a yellow PV1 so I played it today... one hole and headed straight for the pond.  But you know how to swim, right?  Sorry!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My wife and I played our last round in Scottsdale this morning at McCormick Ranch Palm Course.  We got there early to eat breakfast and the pro shop said we could go early if we wanted to get in front of some pros playing a practice round before prequalifying for the Waste Management Phoenix Open.  He said it would be slow after them as they take a lot of practice shots.

I didn't play very well... 46/42... 88 with 2 triples and 3 doubles; pins were set in difficult positions and slopes were ugly on fast greens.  I did get my 2nd birdie of my trip on the par 4 #10.  Fun course that would be easier to play the next time.  We played by ourselves and didn't see anyone on the course the entire round; played in 3:30 taking some extra shots here and there.

Yesterday, my wife and I played with her brother and @fixyurdivot at one of Bill's courses in Sun City Grand... Cimarron.  I shot 87... starting off badly with a 48 on the front nine; couldn't get my driver working very well.  I turned that around on the back nine and shot 39... pretty happy with that.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

51 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Sorry, my wife found a yellow PV1 so I played it today... one hole and headed straight for the pond.  But you know how to swim, right?  Sorry!

... Well, since you brought it up I think it is finally time we recognized the elephant in the room. With stories like yours is it any wonder Yellow Ball is suffering from DID, Dissociative Identity Disorder? Formerly known as multiple personality disorder or multiple personality syndrome, is a mental disorder characterized by the presence of at least two distinct and relatively enduring personality states. (See photo below)

... The disorder is accompanied by memory gaps of how many times he has been hit and more severe than could be explained by ordinary forgetfulness. Conditions that often occur in those with DID include white/yellow personality disorders (especially borderline and avoidant), 3 putt depression, substance use disorders, eating disorders, obsessive–compulsive hooking disorder, and golf forum accusation disorders. Self-harm, non-epileptic slicing seizures, flashbacks with amnesia concerning OB flashbacks, triple bogie anxiety disorders, and suicidality are also common. This also explains why his favorite comedy is Shutter Island. 

1850510434_YBDisorder.JPG.4aa6c97d98b9c8f6035a2df0d57c1833.JPG

On 1/30/2023 at 2:20 PM, Kenny B said:

My wife and I played our last round in Scottsdale this morning at McCormick Ranch Palm Course.

... I know this time of year it's tough to get a tee time in Phoenix but McCormick ranch would not be on my list of top 75 courses to play. I would be hard pressed to make the drive if the round was free. 🤪  I can't imagine the green stimp when the speed is set for a PO qualifier. Was there any sand at all in the bunkers? I tip my cap to you. My home course has their pre qualifier this Thursday and we play Friday afternoon when they will still be very fast but a hair slower than the qualifier. We did it last year and it was awesome and looking forward to this year. 

... Speaking of tee times. The week of the Super Bowl one of the courses I play occasionally in summer for $22 that includes a free drink is charging $99 for twilite Monday and Tuesday. It goes up to $299 Wednesday through Sunday for twilite!!! 

On 1/29/2023 at 1:55 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I even managed to play the same ball for the entire round.

It doesn't seem right not losing at least one ball in a round, been a long time since I've done that, jealous...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

9 holes today in mixed precipitation (light rain with some intermittent snowflakes) at a rather challenging local muni. I shot 44, with too many bogeys and one double where I reached the green in regulation only to putt my ball off the green (horrible pin location at the top of a ridge). Playing 18 holes tomorrow at the same course to get ready for my winter tour event on Thursday. At least the temperatures tomorrow are forecast to be 10 to 15 degrees warmer!

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

On 1/30/2023 at 2:25 PM, chisag said:

... I know this time of year it's tough to get a tee time in Phoenix but McCormick ranch would not be on my list of top 75 courses to play. I would be hard pressed to make the drive if the round was free. 🤪  I can't imagine the green stimp when the speed is set for a PO qualifier. Was there any sand at all in the bunkers? I tip my cap to you. My home course has their pre qualifier this Thursday and we play Friday afternoon when they will still be very fast but a hair slower than the qualifier. We did it last year and it was awesome and looking forward to this year. 

... Speaking of tee times. The week of the Super Bowl one of the courses I play occasionally in summer for $22 that includes a free drink is charging $99 for twilite Monday and Tuesday. It goes up to $299 Wednesday through Sunday for twilite!!! 

McCormick Ranch was actually quite nice.  I was one of the courses that I could actually hit pitch shots decently because the grass was nice; even the dormant bermuda (or maybe I just figured it out now that I left).  😂

Bunkers were decent, but parts of the course were still a little wet from the last rain.  On one hole we had to look hard for my wife's Yellow Ball that found it's way into one of the many puddles in the fairway.  Fortunately, he was saved... for a couple more holes when she sent him swimming.  🤣

We played for $129 which was a little steeper than many of the courses we played, but it was one we hadn't played before so wanted to give it a try.  I think the prices are going up already for the WMPO and SB.

1 hour ago, funkyjudge said:

9 holes today in mixed precipitation (light rain with some intermittent snowflakes) at a rather challenging local muni. I shot 44, with too many bogeys and one double where I reached the green in regulation only to putt my ball off the green (horrible pin location at the top of a ridge). Playing 18 holes tomorrow at the same course to get ready for my winter tour event on Thursday. At least the temperatures tomorrow are forecast to be 10 to 15 degrees warmer!

At my previous club there's one par 3 many people including me have done the very same, also easy to do from the tee and I've gone side to side a few times...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

10 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

There seems to be more than just intermittent "snowflakes" at our course lately.  😂

Played Monday & Tuesday 💩

Wednesday morning 65*, light breeze & sunny.  Different day and different results, +1, 37 with 1 birdie & 2 stoopid bogies.  All 4 of our group made at least 1 birdie on different holes.  
one of the guys this morning made it back from the IR list.  He was out since Thanksgiving with life threatening problem, good to have him back!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 1/30/2023 at 6:55 PM, Bang60 said:

It doesn't seem right not losing at least one ball in a round, been a long time since I've done that, jealous...

I know you’re in New Zealand, but yeah, it’s the same down here in coastal Carolina. So many holes with water hazards and forced carries over environmental areas or swamplands.

When I’m up on Long Island though I can sometimes go a few rounds with the same ball, as I play mostly parkland style courses, where unless you hit one deep into trees, you can almost always find it and have some type of shot.

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

Weather forecast was way off-base for today (we had our first measurable snow of the season and the temperatures never got to 40*, although the forecast called for mostly sunny and temperatures in the mid-40s). Because of that, I played 18 holes on the simulator, following all rules of golf (no “gummies”, mulligans, etc and no free drops — all penalties were taken). I shot 39 on the back nine of Casa de Campo (“Teeth of the Dog”), and 40 on the back nine of Pinehurst No. 2, with two putts that hit the center of the cup at a speed that should have resulted in hole-outs, but both putts bounced out.  It’s not real golf, but, coupled with the 37 that I shot outdoors yesterday, I am hoping that the swings I took and ball flights that I saw on the simulator today have me prepared for my winter golf tour event tomorrow morning — tee times changed to a 10 AM shotgun start because it’s supposed to be 31* between 8:00-9:00. Long underwear and hand warmers plus walking the course to stay warm are on the menu for me for sure!

Speaking of the tour event tomorrow, even with the delayed start, I will need to be up between 5:30-6:00, so it’s time to get ready for bed.

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!