TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

On 5/6/2023 at 6:34 AM, Daniel Carrier said:

Wow! My first HOLE IN ONE!! I am 60 and playing for a long time. Playing yesterday in my Club friday league. On hole #4 of the Woodland Course at Belle Vue Golf golf club in Léry, Québec. 137 yards, 8I.

Was right at the pin, felt on the green and rolled slowly about 5 yards to the hole. looked like ever to fall!!

The beer was on me after the round. Not so bad. The guys went easy on me....

Got a nice towel and medal from the Club (see pic) For those wandering "Trou d'un coup" is french for "hole in one"

PXL_20230505_224144147.jpg

Congratulations!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Congratulations @Daniel Carrier First HOLE-IN-ONE 🎊!! Awesome! 

Played Friday afternoon, a bit windy & overcast, which wasn't bad! Only issue with course, greens had been sanded after aeration.  Kind of disappointing, however it was a good opportunity to see how the OnCore Vero X1 performed, and how ball held up. 

Used new old irons - Precept Forged and boy yardage wise, they are definitely shorter in distance. But managed to shoot 37/36, 1 over. No birdies. New Callaway Paradym X driver in bag & it's SWEET!! Really liked the Driver & hit it well. Definitely longer than PXG 0211. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Playing in my first match play event tomorrow at a country club outside of Philly. Really excited, equally nervous. Any and all advice is welcome. Working today so won't have much time to do any actual drill work. Either way, will provide an update on Tuesday 👍

Honma XP-1s, Rad Speed, and my trusty Scotty Cameron Triple Black

35 minutes ago, fritzychacho said:

Playing in my first match play event tomorrow at a country club outside of Philly. Really excited, equally nervous. Any and all advice is welcome. Working today so won't have much time to do any actual drill work. Either way, will provide an update on Tuesday 👍

... Back when I took my PAT (Playing Ability Test) to join the IPGA I was paired up with 2 young Ass Pro's that had played at a D1 program. The test consists of 36 holes and a target score. They agonized over every shot and kept track of how many shots they could miss and still pass the test, which was necessary for their employment. I just had fun, enjoyed the course and treated it like a round of golf with friends. Thankfully my other partner had a similar attitude and we ignored the other two because their tension was palpable. We both passed and they both failed and to be honest, both were better players but let the pressure and their nerves get to them.

... Playing a match is very similar and while you can't ignore the match and just play golf, aside from strategy it can certainly be your goal. So my advice is as old as the game itself, just take it one shot at a time. Concentrate on the shot at hand and after executing, good or bad let it go and focus on your next shot. Enjoy the pressure and your nerves because the adrenaline means it is important to you. Like Tiger said, he is always nervous on the first tee and the day he isn't he will stop playing because that means it just isn't important enough to care. Good Luck! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Back when I took my PAT (Playing Ability Test) to join the IPGA I was paired up with 2 young Ass Pro's that had played at a D1 program. The test consists of 36 holes and a target score. They agonized over every shot and kept track of how many shots they could miss and still pass the test, which was necessary for their employment. I just had fun, enjoyed the course and treated it like a round of golf with friends. Thankfully my other partner had a similar attitude and we ignored the other two because their tension was palpable. We both passed and they both failed and to be honest, both were better players but let the pressure and their nerves get to them.

... Playing a match is very similar and while you can't ignore the match and just play golf, aside from strategy it can certainly be your goal. So my advice is as old as the game itself, just take it one shot at a time. Concentrate on the shot at hand and after executing, good or bad let it go and focus on your next shot. Enjoy the pressure and your nerves because the adrenaline means it is important to you. Like Tiger said, he is always nervous on the first tee and the day he isn't he will stop playing because that means it just isn't important enough to care. Good Luck! 

Two of the guys who formerly played on my Wednesday evening team (I was captain, as I am now on my Monday night team) are both now PGA Club Professionals and very good PGA Section players. Neither of them took things too seriously on the course during golf league play, and I suspect that it was the same story in their 36-hole PAT competition.

One of these two guys is now in Connecticut as a Head Pro, and I generally speak with him a couple times a year, usually when he is coming back to PA to visit family. The other guy, who is still in his 20s, is an Assistant Pro at a course about 8 miles from where I live, and I see both him and his scratch golfer father several times each year. This guy is a top player in the PGA’s Philadelphia Section and a good friend, as is his father. I often play in tournaments at his course, and he is still as down to Earth as he was as a 19-20 year old amateur golfer playing in our Monday evening recreational league.

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

Played two hours earlier today than yesterday and it was cooler... around 51º and cloudy.  The wind picked up on #7 to about 15-20mph.

I was one shot better than yesterday with different pins today... 77.  Shot the same 39 on the front nine, but made a birdie on the par 5 #18 with 4 good shots to shoot 38, so a decent round of 77.  Still can't putt very well, but at least the grounds crew mowed the greens... a little faster today, but not by much... dang poa annua!!  I talked to the Super; I hope he gets the greens back to where they were before aeration and soon!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Final round of the pennant season. Travelled an hour to play at one of my least favourite course on a cold and wet morning. When we arrived at 8am,it was 37F, feels like 28🥶 . In stark contrast to last weeks round on some of the best putting surfaces in Australia, I really struggled on the bermuda greens that aren't properly maintained. The longest putt I made was about 6 feet, and it was my second putt on that hole. Drove the ball well most of the day. My only poor drives came both times we played the 3rd (9 hole course) which we played as 9/18. The first time I scrounged a half, but was unable to repeat the effort and ended up losing on the 18th for the second week in a row. The team lost 4/3, with 6 matches going to the 18th.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

4 over 75 and 2 over 74 for the weekend: hit a ridiculous(for me) 8/14 and 10/14 fairways. 12/18 Gir and 14/18 Gir.  But 68 putts over 2 rounds is sending me straight to the putting green for some serious practice.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

20 minutes ago, Micah T said:

4 over 75 and 2 over 74 for the weekend: hit a ridiculous(for me) 8/14 and 10/14 fairways. 12/18 Gir and 14/18 Gir.  But 68 putts over 2 rounds is sending me straight to the putting green for some serious practice.

sounds really solid to me, two good rounds for this time of year, I hear you with the putting though, I spent 2 hours on the putting green today as well, hopefully you will find "the secret" 

committed to performance excellence

9 hours ago, fritzychacho said:

Cool thing about match pay @fritzychacho you could have a bad hole and lose it, but it's just one hole. As @cnosil said, play your game and have fun.  With individual stroke play a double or triple bogey kills your score. In match play, a double on a hole means nothing, because if you lose that hole, you simply go to the next hole and play that hole. Remember, you don't need to birdie or eagle every hole, (unless you want to end the match early 🤣), you're never out of a hole.  
Good Luck tomorrow & Have Fun! 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Well my approach game and my putting saved my life today. I hit a single fairway over the course of 9 nine holes to shoot a 41 (+5). I have had to get by with my backup driver an LTD Pro while my other is at Cobra for warranty. I was ready to snap it in half today. 

Breakdown of WITB powered by logo.png

• Bag: IMG_0027.png.e6846f84153716d55d1dc74325faf77d.png Player IV DXR Pro
  • Driver: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png AEROJET LS 9° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662Tour Driven 60g Stiff
  • 3W: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png AEROJET Max 15.5° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662Tour Driven 70g Stiff
  • 3H: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png KING Tec (2023) 19° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 Tour Hybrid Proto 85g Stiff
  • Irons: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png KING Tour MiM (4-9) -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Wedges: Titleist_golf_logo.png SM9 46°F & 50°F -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Wedges: Titleist_golf_logo.png SM9 54°S & 58°M -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Regular+
  • Putter: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png 3D Supernova -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 CT Tour Putter 120g
  • Ball: Titleist_golf_logo.png #23 ProV1x (2023)

41 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Another up and down 9 this afternoon, like yesterday, but strangely enough both days averaged around bogey golf -- which is a few strokes better vs where I left off last season (..so I got that goin for me 😉).

First few holes seemed to have trouble with the wedges .. at least one thing has to be off, right? .. and had three (count em: 3) 2 x chips..

Did hit driver a few times, and decently enough twice; putting was mostly pretty good.

Highlight hole which I'm happy with was #9 - short Par 4 that slopes down to a small pond fronting the green - has been one of those bugaboo holes for me 

So I usually manage to put my tee shot into the trees along the right .. which I did again today .. but then somehow managed to end up in a clear spot with an opening to the green. Got a just good enough 7i off to hit the front-left of the green .. ball bounced and rolled forward and stopped on the fringe about ⅔ of the way to the back-left corner with the flag middle-back...

.. first putt good line just a little too soft, left it about 3-4 feet short; step in, line up, breathe out, count onnne-twwoo .. had the right line *and* the right speed (lol GC commentator) ...

PATTS!! (= Par After Terrible Tee Shot)

This really isn’t the thread for this question, but are you still testing different irons? I noticed you still have the 0211’s in your sig?

BTW If you’re playing a little better than last year this early in the season, could things might be on the way!

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

I s*** the bed on the back yesterday for a 41/46 87. I blame the beer on #10. I normally don't drink when I play so I think that will be the rule going forward.

The @GolfSub70 5 wood was good and I think will be even better once I get a bit of time with it. I'm now considering getting the 7 wood.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

So this weekend, I went and played our local 9-hole muni course. I've played this course more than any other course and know it like the back of my hand. It's a tough track, but my best score is -1. So far this year, I have played one round of decent golf and two rounds of very not good golf. I went into the round this weekend with positive outlook, expecting to shoot a couple over par. I typically shoot in the high 30s, so I was aiming for a 39. I bogeyed the first hole, which is a 3 shot par 5, which I was frustrated with but then it went downhill from there. 

My next three holes went double, double, bogey and my mental toughness was not tough anymore. Like most golfers, I don't play well when I get in my head and man oh man was I in my head. I got through the rest of the round okay, but wasn't happy at all with the result. I shot a 45, which is not good in my books. My last three 9-hole rounds have now been 48, 44, 45. They have all been in 20+ mph winds, but I take that as no excuse. 

Since I'm in my head, I told myself that I was going to take a break from golf. About a week, but in this week, I'm not planning on hitting any full shots or playing any real holes. I may go out and putt and chip a bit, but that's just a reliever for me. In the past, I have found that taking some time off helps me lessen my expectations and I typically play better. I'm hoping that stays true with this break and I can come back next weekend playing better golf. I hope everyone else's round this weekend was better than mine!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

Shot my best round of the early year yesterday at 77 +7 I had two birdies and one double. I should have had another birdie as on the par 5 9th hole I hit hybrid-4i-flip wedge to 4 feet and missed the short putt. Though I made up for it by going driver-4i-chip on the other par 5 15th hole, and my other birdie was on the 3rd hole. I hit a skinny 8 iron that bit and stopped 2 feet from the cup, so got a little lucky there. My putting still sucks, but the irons and short game are really coming along. Back at it on Tuesday morning.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

8 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

BTW If you’re playing a little better than last year this early in the season, could things might be on the way!

Fingers crossed, thx!! Just a few basic 😉 things to clean up...

1. Tee shots - stay outta the trees .. I'm scrambling / punching out too often;
  2. Second shots - course management, eg. play more conservatively;
  3. Bunkers - need to find a practice bunker, I guess .. still struggle getting out and onto the green.

But I am encouraged that I'm hitting the ball more solidly - and in the right direction - more often!

8 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

This really isn’t the thread for this question, but are you still testing different irons? I noticed you still have the 0211’s in your sig?

Briefly (kinda):

• Apex DCB - love it, just need something with a little more forgiveness and if possible a little more distance (maybe some "fargiveness" hahaha);
  • Tour Edge E723 - very solid but didn't really grab my attention;
  • New Level gi22 - wanted to like this club but meh;
  • Cobra Forged TEC-X - loved it, should've kept the demo to keep comparing it;
  • Wilson DynaPower - demo never showed up .. Wilson never processed my order..??;
  • Sub 70 699 V2 - excellent excellent iron .. these I could game! ..much more GI vs what I was expecting ..only thing holding me back is I'd prefer to get their fitting to help make sure I'm getting the right shaft and lie angle but the closest fitting cart is 4 hours away in PA;
  • Adams Idea - current demo .. really solid, really playable for me .. just not 100% convinced on the shaft (only one selection per flex). But honestly I think Adams may be on to something with this release.

So yes still gaming the 0211s for now. Next step, I guess, is go into Pete's and/or Club Champ to try the Cobras (also the AeroJets), PXGs and anything else the fitter(s) suggest vs the 0211s..... TBD!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

7 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Fingers crossed, thx!! Just a few basic 😉 things to clean up...

1. Tee shots - stay outta the trees .. I'm scrambling / punching out too often;
  2. Second shots - course management, eg. play more conservatively;
  3. Bunkers - need to find a practice bunker, I guess .. still struggle getting out and onto the green.

But I am encouraged that I'm hitting the ball more solidly - and in the right direction - more often!

Briefly (kinda):

• Apex DCB - love it, just need something with a little more forgiveness and if possible a little more distance (maybe some "fargiveness" hahaha);
  • Tour Edge E723 - very solid but didn't really grab my attention;
  • New Level gi22 - wanted to like this club but meh;
  • Cobra Forged TEC-X - loved it, should've kept the demo to keep comparing it;
  • Wilson DynaPower - demo never showed up .. Wilson never processed my order..??;
  • Sub 70 699 V2 - excellent excellent iron .. these I could game! ..much more GI vs what I was expecting ..only thing holding me back is I'd prefer to get their fitting to help make sure I'm getting the right shaft and lie angle but the closest fitting cart is 4 hours away in PA;
  • Adams Idea - current demo .. really solid, really playable for me .. just not 100% convinced on the shaft (only one selection per flex). But honestly I think Adams may be on to something with this release.

So yes still gaming the 0211s for now. Next step, I guess, is go into Pete's and/or Club Champ to try the Cobras (also the AeroJets), PXGs and anything else the fitter(s) suggest vs the 0211s..... TBD!

About the 0211s, my game has started to blossom since getting them MOI matched. A underrated iron. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I had a psycho scorecard yesterday. It was flashes of brilliance (or flashes of OK-ness, depending on your perspective) among some hot garbage. Started par, par, par, bogey (3-putt 🤦‍♂️), and finished birdie, par. I was +16 on the remaining 12 holes with a few really, really ugly holes (back-to-back triples anyone?). I never really felt comfortable with the driver and it showed. Irons were pretty solid and putting pretty much saved my day. The course was new to me. I enjoyed the layout - lots of elevation change. The greens have quite a bit of slope to them or are turtle-back greens that repel anything near the edge, a few were a combination of the two. A couple of the pin placements were borderline unfair - impossible if the course had been drier and greens a little faster.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

10 hours ago, JakeSmith2316 said:

Well my approach game and my putting saved my life today. I hit a single fairway over the course of 9 nine holes to shoot a 41 (+5). I have had to get by with my backup driver an LTD Pro while my other is at Cobra for warranty. I was ready to snap it in half today. 

Let me ask you a question.  Why was only hitting one fairway a bad thing?  You still have to hit an approach shot even if you hit the fairway.  Were your drives  considerable shorter and you were hitting significantly more clubs into greens?  Did you have to pitch out because there wasn’t a way to hit an approach shot on the green?  Fairways hit can be an overrated stat 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

32 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

About the 0211s, my game has started to blossom since getting them MOI matched. A underrated iron. 

Nice that's good to hear! 👍 I will def ask about MOI matching when I go to a fitting, thx

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

33 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Nice that's good to hear! 👍 I will def ask about MOI matching when I go to a fitting, thx

FYI not everyone does it. You likely need to find a club builder to really do it for you

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Played 18 yesterday at a really tough private track in Westchester and subsequently tossed a 43-43 for an 86 on the day.  Really frustrating because I hit the ball well, just did not have any control of the iron distances and flew a solid 8 greens long, which is very unlike me.  I was hitting high draws so maybe something to do with the spin pattern.

The worst part is despite now several rounds in the low to mid 80s to start the year, my handicap hasn't moved up! 🤣

Driver: 2023 Callaway Paradym - Tensei AV White 65X
3w: Mizuno GT 180 14 degree
5w: Cobra Rad Speed 19 degree
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM7 52F, 56M, 60M
Putter: TaylorMade GTX black
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x #7

2023 Callaway Paradym Driver Tester

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Bunkers - need to find a practice bunker, I guess .. still struggle getting out and onto the green.

I followed Monte's bunker technique in his Use the Bounce 2 video.  Watched it over and over, then review it from time to time.  It works.  I was horrible out of bunkers and that made me apprehensive whenever I got in one, which is a recipe for a bad shot.  Now, I will take on a difficult pin over a bunker if I feel it's the best shot at the time because I know that I can get out of the sand and reasonably close to the pin.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Let me ask you a question.  Why was only hitting one fairway a bad thing?  You still have to hit an approach shot even if you hit the fairway.  Were your drives  considerable shorter and you were hitting significantly more clubs into greens?  Did you have to pitch out because there wasn’t a way to hit an approach shot on the green?  Fairways hit can be an overrated stat 

I was usually in the other fairway or behind trees so it led to some pitch shots that cost me strokes as well as punch outs that forced me to lay up on some par 5's.

Usually I only get 3-4 FIR on 9 with the misses being a couple feet into the rough which doesn't bother me. This round was bothersome due to the situations I put myself in off the tee.

Breakdown of WITB powered by logo.png

• Bag: IMG_0027.png.e6846f84153716d55d1dc74325faf77d.png Player IV DXR Pro
  • Driver: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png AEROJET LS 9° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662Tour Driven 60g Stiff
  • 3W: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png AEROJET Max 15.5° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662Tour Driven 70g Stiff
  • 3H: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png KING Tec (2023) 19° -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 Tour Hybrid Proto 85g Stiff
  • Irons: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png KING Tour MiM (4-9) -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Wedges: Titleist_golf_logo.png SM9 46°F & 50°F -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Lite Stiff
  • Wedges: Titleist_golf_logo.png SM9 54°S & 58°M -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 C-Taper Regular+
  • Putter: cobra-golf-logo-freelogovectors.net_.png 3D Supernova -KBS_480x480.png?v=1577912662 CT Tour Putter 120g
  • Ball: Titleist_golf_logo.png #23 ProV1x (2023)