TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

IMG-1659.jpg.3d627936810e2d5da586651f89f1fc36.jpgIMG-1660.jpg.cb7a6ff886399650a63b1de7b8f9b0d5.jpg

... Those positions just look soooooooooo good! 🤩

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Broke even - pretty good day on the course. I like doing 9 holes + a range session. I recently started adding in my approach distances to the middle of the green to get my stats on Shot Scope more accurate. It also helps me calm down a bit when I compare my results to those of the pros. Knowing that the pros are on average 18ft from the hole from 100yrds out keeps my results in perspective for me. 

BOGC - 06.04.23.jpg

Shot Scope - 06.04.23.png

Driver: Titleist TSI3 9.0*

3W: Taylormade Stealth 15*

3H: Ben Hogan VKTR 18*

4H: Sub 70 24*

Irons (5-PW): Titleist MB 712

Wedges: Callaway Forged (2012) 60*/56*/52*

Putter: Evnroll ER2v

Ball: Pro V1/ Pro V1x (left dash)

7 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Those positions just look soooooooooo good! 🤩

Coming from you thats saying something!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

21 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Yes, yes it does.

It would be fantastic if somehow I made a leap and could consistently shoot in the high 70's or low 80's, but I understand the statistics. I've been at or below my handicap for three weeks now - a serious blow-up round is likely right around the corner. I'm mostly just hoping I can minimize the damage when it comes.

I have found scoring to run in plateaus (spelling?)

You can be "stuck" in a regular average for whatever time span, like always 82-88 ie, and then suddenly you're banging 5-6 stroke better then that all the time. Its weird how that happens. smaller increments as you get lower obviously. So dont assume you've got a "blow-up" headed your way. You've probably just settled into a different plateau...  plateau plateau plateau.... isn't that a fun word suddenly?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

so about a week ago, I began trying a different swing, actually just a different wrist position, and it just hasn't been working out. Started out +5 thru 6 today, and said snuff is enuff. Went back to the "Freddy", and shot -2 for the rest of the day to card a nice tight 74.

Im just happy I was able to remember the Freddy, and was able to slip back into that swing like a pair of worn in sneakers.

Its the same old question, why do I always feel the need to try something different, when Im playing lights out...

ps, the Maxfli balls are sick

Owen and I got out to Tanna Farms in Geneva yesterday with our friends Mark and Randy.  They rode in together and showed up at 2:48 for our 2:50 tee time.  This put Randy in a bad mood which lingered over the first few holes.  Luckily the first hole is a short par three so we were back on pace rather quickly.  

Owen and Mark played their usual brand of good golf, shooting somewhere in the mid or upper 80s.  They actually both overshot the green on a short par four.  Mark did have some putting issues, leaving a few putts woefully short.  Randy played really well, striking just about everything solid, which thankfully brought his mood back up.  It was his first round in about six weeks due to a thumb injury and it was good to get him back out there.  He didn't keep score but it was probably the best I've ever seen him play.

Now me...I had one of my worst rounds ever.  My entire golf swing has left me.  I lost well over a dozen balls.  Somewhat ironically, as I was searching for one of my many lost balls I found one branded with a plumbing company on one side and an outline of a toilet on the other.  A pretty apt description for my golf swing at the moment!  After the first couple holes, once it became apparent that my game wasn't showing up, I decided to imbibe pretty heavily.  It really had no effect on my round, sadly.

While tee-to-green was awful, my putting was actually pretty solid, capped off by a roughly 80 foot putt that lagged and just burned the edge of the cup and led to a tap in par, one of two for the day.  Overall I shot a ghastly 59/63 122 (+51).  It was bad enough that Owen asked me twice "What happened to you today/yesterday?"

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

I checked off the sub80 round box at Granite Falls South Course today with a 38/41 😍.  No doubles and opened up the first two holes with 3 putt bogies.  Not too hard on myself about the first putt on #1. It was about 45 feet and through the worst part of the green.  I bet I could have putted a dozen balls from there and maybe got one within 2 feet. I've put that pin location and approach shot position into the archives... do not repeat 😆.

I birdied #9 and I needed a par on #18 to shoot 80 but was graced with a 10 foot birdie dropping - now leaving only Granite Falls North as the last of the four courses to shoot in the 70's. Not sure what my goal will be after checking that off as sub70 is about as likely as winning the lottery.  Maybe just shooting a personal best (<74) at any of the courses?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

12 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

I went out for 9 last night to see if i had enough game to play in the league this week after sitting out last week.  I was 6 over after 7 holes before deciding i was not doing my back any good.  I think another week or two on the DL and having a sub that can play to their handicap is best for the team.

Sorry to hear about the back.  Having spent the better part of 3 months playing through discomfort and not playing well was a real bummer.  Hope you're feeling better soon.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Not so well, I thought, but ended up with the same 47 for 9 holes as last few 9s when I thought I was playing a bit better...

Hit the Paradym X driver 6 times (opted for a hybrid on the short Par 4 #9) and had 1 good one, 4 into the rough but all playable and one that I just blocked right into trouble.

Still working on getting the feel for this club head and shaft - it definitely has potential but otoh it definitely has been helping me (fingers crossed knock on wood) not slice off the tee.

On the other end of the game, my putting was problematic .. I knew the greens were faster than usual but yet I still kept blowing my first putts waaaay way past the hole .. leading to several 3 putts......

Back to the practice green!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played my main course yesterday (Par 72).  Greens were recently aerated and sanded and are MUCH slower than we are accustomed to.  This will be a problem later.

Start off with a perfect drive, approach, pitch, and a 2-putt par on a long par 5.  Even

Second hole is a par 3, I hit it to about 25ft, drain the putt for birdie.  -1

Third hole is another par 5.  Big drive, on in two, leave the eagle putt 3ft short, make the birdie.  -2

Fourth hole is a position hole off the tee.  Hit a perfect 5wd, have 90yds left, flight a wedge to 10ft, make the birdie putt. -3

Fifth hole is a long par 4 but if you hit a big drive and get it over the hill it shortens it up.  I bust driver up the left side and have 120yds in.  Pin is tucked behind a green side bunker, so I err long.   Try to lag it close, get it to 4ft.  The par putt normally breaks a good amount.  I pay it just outside the right edge… it never moved an inch and hopped on the way to the hole.  Three putt bogey.  -2

Sixth hole is another par 3.  Hit it on, two putt par.  -2

7th hole is another Par 5.  Blast driver in the fairway, 5wd to 8ft from 255yds, 8ft for eagle.  Don’t give it enough pace for the line, miss low side (rare for me).  Birdie. -3

8th hole is a par 3 with the hole in the very front with bunkers guarding left and right.  If you miss it below the hole, it comes off the green.  I hit it to 6ft past the hole.  Make the birdie.  -4

9th hole is a par 4.  Huge drive up the middle.  Flip wedge into the green.  12ft for birdie.  Tracking but stops breaking, miss high side.  -4 32 opening with a missed makeable eagle and a three putt par.  Needless to say I’m in the zone and having a blast.  Round of my life easily in reach!

And then golf gives me the middle finger and I can’t figure the speed of the greens on the back and I have 4 three putts and shoot +5 on the back.  Le sigh…

I’ve learned I need to get more comfortable being substantially under par at given points in my round.  It is happening much more frequently lately, but there is a pressure you start to feel. 

Final stats:

FW: 8/13

GIR: 16/18

Putts: 36 (makes me mad because my previous three rounds were 30, 31, 30 putts). 

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

1 hour ago, DriverBreaker said:

Played my main course yesterday (Par 72).  Greens were recently aerated and sanded and are MUCH slower than we are accustomed to.  This will be a problem later.

Start off with a perfect drive, approach, pitch, and a 2-putt par on a long par 5.  Even

Second hole is a par 3, I hit it to about 25ft, drain the putt for birdie.  -1

Third hole is another par 5.  Big drive, on in two, leave the eagle putt 3ft short, make the birdie.  -2

Fourth hole is a position hole off the tee.  Hit a perfect 5wd, have 90yds left, flight a wedge to 10ft, make the birdie putt. -3

Fifth hole is a long par 4 but if you hit a big drive and get it over the hill it shortens it up.  I bust driver up the left side and have 120yds in.  Pin is tucked behind a green side bunker, so I err long.   Try to lag it close, get it to 4ft.  The par putt normally breaks A good amount.  I pay it just outside the right edge… it never moved an inch and hopped on the way to the hole.  Three putt bogey.  -2

Sixth hole is another par 3.  Hit it on, two putt par.  -2

7th hole is another Par 5.  Blast driver in the fairway, 5wd to 8ft from 255yds, 8ft for eagle.  Don’t give it enough pace for the line, miss low side (rare for me).  Birdie. -3

8th hole is a par 3 with the hole in the very front with bunkers guarding left and right.  If you miss it below the hole, it comes off the green.  I hit it to 6ft past the hole.  Make the birdie.  -4

9th hole is a par 4.  Huge drive up the middle.  Flip wedge into the green.  12ft for birdie.  Tracking but stops breaking, miss high side.  -4 32 opening with a missed maleable eagle and a three putt par.  Needless to say I’m in the zone and having a blast.  Round of my life easily in reach!

And then golf gives me the middle finger and I can’t figure the speed of the greens on the back and I have 4 three putts and shoot +5 on the back.  Le sigh…

I’ve learned I need to get more comfortable being substantially under par at given points in my round.  It is happening much more frequently lately, but there is a pressure you start to feel. 

Final stats:

FW: 8/13

GIR: 16/18

Putts: 36 (makes me mad because my previous three rounds were 30, 31, 30 putts). 

what a great post, thank you for describing your round in such great detail, especially the great front 9.. We, as golfers, focus way too much on the negative, dont know why, just our DNA I suppose, anyway, thank you for that... 

committed to performance excellence

@Jim Shaw believe me, I kicked myself for that three putt par and missed eagle putt for way too long during the round.  Rather than thinking, “Keep playing, more birdie looks will come,” I kept my mind in the past tense too long. 

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Was the conductor of the bogie train today it seems. Fortunately 4 birdies saved the day… but a couple of long drives!

14 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Not so well, I thought, but ended up with the same 47 for 9 holes as last few 9s when I thought I was playing a bit better...

Hit the Paradym X driver 6 times (opted for a hybrid on the short Par 4 #9) and had 1 good one, 4 into the rough but all playable and one that I just blocked right into trouble.

Still working on getting the feel for this club head and shaft - it definitely has potential but otoh it definitely has been helping me (fingers crossed knock on wood) not slice off the tee.

On the other end of the game, my putting was problematic .. I knew the greens were faster than usual but yet I still kept blowing my first putts waaaay way past the hole .. leading to several 3 putts......

Back to the practice green!!

I FEEL your pain on the putting front- I do ok from tee to green- then I'm pushing/pulling misreading hitting too hard/soft. Just take out the dice and them a throw- that'd equal the number of putts per green lately

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 115 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

I took yesterday off to regroup a bit from the beating I took on Sunday, but got back out and played the front nine at River Heights with Owen today.  On Sunday my playing partners were telling me that I was basically all arms but for some reason I couldn't do anything about it.  Today I was able to get some rotation back into my swing and while the results weren't great they were definitely a big step in the right direction.

Driver was still a little suspect which put in me in some tough spots at times.  Still mostly dead-pulling to the left.  Irons were better.  Still left of my intended target but I'm starting to realize that's just my actual shot shape and need to start aiming accordingly.  I pulled each of my long clubs once; none of them went well although only one of them was a good idea to begin with.  Wedges were good.  As with my irons, I stood a little more upright which put me in a better starting position.  Putting was rough but definitely more of a focus issue; too often I just walked up and hit rather than taking a moment to assess.

Hit a couple of great approaches on 2 (only GIR) and 3 (sandwiched between two lost balls and a three putt).  Popped a really good drive on 5.  Owen played really well and he's riding a lot of confidence into an outing we're playing on Friday with a couple of friends.  He went (+8) 44 and I went (+16) 52.  

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

30 minutes ago, JerryB said:

I took yesterday off to regroup a bit from the beating I took on Sunday, but got back out and played the front nine at River Heights with Owen today. 

Nice.  Whiskey for the sorrows and duct tape for the scratches, and right back up on the horse.   Someone's got to play those nines, it might as well be you.

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

13 minutes ago, MacTourney said:

Nice.  Whiskey for the sorrows and duct tape for the scratches, and right back up on the horse.   Someone's got to play those nines, it might as well be you.

It was wild, man.  I'd never taken such an enormous step backwards before!  Post round Sunday and much of yesterday, I just kinda sat around trying to figure out my round like this:

Screenshot2023-06-06172234.png.8ee79c3cf5134a0968a3f1b58db39c30.png

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

1 hour ago, JerryB said:

I took yesterday off to regroup a bit from the beating I took on Sunday, but got back out and played the front nine at River Heights with Owen today.  On Sunday my playing partners were telling me that I was basically all arms but for some reason I couldn't do anything about it.  Today I was able to get some rotation back into my swing and while the results weren't great they were definitely a big step in the right direction.

Driver was still a little suspect which put in me in some tough spots at times.  Still mostly dead-pulling to the left.  Irons were better.  Still left of my intended target but I'm starting to realize that's just my actual shot shape and need to start aiming accordingly.  I pulled each of my long clubs once; none of them went well although only one of them was a good idea to begin with.  Wedges were good.  As with my irons, I stood a little more upright which put me in a better starting position.  Putting was rough but definitely more of a focus issue; too often I just walked up and hit rather than taking a moment to assess.

Hit a couple of great approaches on 2 (only GIR) and 3 (sandwiched between two lost balls and a three putt).  Popped a really good drive on 5.  Owen played really well and he's riding a lot of confidence into an outing we're playing on Friday with a couple of friends.  He went (+8) 44 and I went (+16) 52.  

Unfortunately we have all been there. One day this game is easy and you think I have this figured out. Then the next day it’s like the first round ever and nothing works! I have shot 68 and 90 this year within the same two weeks!

Play like a champion today!

I played in our league this AM. I don't like early morning tee times particularly. But, cool, mid 50's lots of wildfire smoke in the area blocking the sun, even though the winds were in the upper teens. High altitude I guess. Shot 45 for 9. Up and down. Hard time getting any consistency. I did debunk one myth this morning. Trees are not 90% air. All four of them were wood. 🤨

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

On 6/5/2023 at 3:29 PM, Sluggo42 said:

I have found scoring to run in plateaus (spelling?)

You can be "stuck" in a regular average for whatever time span, like always 82-88 ie, and then suddenly you're banging 5-6 stroke better then that all the time. Its weird how that happens. smaller increments as you get lower obviously. So dont assume you've got a "blow-up" headed your way. You've probably just settled into a different plateau...  plateau plateau plateau.... isn't that a fun word suddenly?

Maybe I have reached a new plateau? I hit the ball pretty well tonight and once again shot my handicap (+6, 42) in league. I had 2 doubles, 2 bogies, 5 pars. The two doubles were a result of trouble off the tee. I feel like it could have been a blow-up if my short game wasn't pretty stout. I also felt like irons were pretty good, but it was very windy and swirling, so tough to pick the right club even with Arccos telling me what to do.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Didn't make it to the course but did sneak a simulated round in over lunch at the TopTracer range by the office.

Working on consistency with the driver and a consistent pull with my approaches.

Found a nice feel with my front hip initiating the downswing that straightened out my approach shots with pretty much everything from gap wedge to 5i.

We'll see if it translates to league tomorrow. 

Dr: :taylormade-small: Stealth 10.5°

Woods: :taylormade-small: M4 - 3W 15°, 5W 18°

4i-PW: MacGregor MT86 OS

50.08F/54.10S/60.08M: :vokey-small:

Pu: :ping-small: Ketsch Counter Balance

Ball: :Snell: MTB Prime

Pushcart: :Clicgear: 4.0

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V6 Shift

Other: :Arccos:

17 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

The course was empty after noon as temps got into the 90's but there was a breeze so it felt better.  However, at 13% humidity, it was drier than a popcorn f@rt. I like playing when it's cooler... but not winter cooler.  😂

… Cooler than got into the 90s?!? It was 107* when I played yesterday and with 15mph winds I am glad I had a sweater in my bag. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

12 minutes ago, chisag said:

… Cooler than got into the 90s?!? It was 107* when I played yesterday and with 15mph winds I am glad I had a sweater in my bag. 

LOL... it's going to be 100º tomorrow.  If I play it will be early.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Side bar: By the time I figured out how to hit a reg flex driver vs me normal stiff.  Think I could play either flex really.  I’m not gifted with high swing speed at all it’s just what im used to.  It’s a LIGHT shaft but called S flex.  Mamiya ust helium.  Just so light love it.

With the ping set I was using (full rental ping set I s*** you not)… it was all reg flex.  I will say that 3w in the ping 425 set was just scary good… at least till I got tired haha.  Then I couldn’t hit it at all.

G425 driver was amusing. I could not for the life of me in reg flex not over draw it.  I had to almost cast out to right field to even get something that wouldn’t snap hook.  When I finally got that down though… holy s***.  Predicable placement.

IMG_5976.png.3f75848a9d8c127c27c0889028fa7b37.pngIMG_5975.png.f36ce3cc617f4e13c6cd3d389f400827.png

I can see why the G425 driver has the following that it does.  The irons were not bad but I didn’t hit them particularly well when I did my fitting a few years ago either.

The 60* wedge (a glide 3) was quite fun to use and the g425iron set it’s S wedge (assuming 56*) was an absolute joy to hit out of the sand.

my dad I forced to play an entire jpx hot metal set all the way through the woods.  Overall really unique opportunity to try premium clubs on a honestly decently hard course.

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

Played nags head golf course Tuesday was surprised it wasn't that busy we got off 1/2 hour early. The course was in nice shape, greens were receptive but surprisingly fast. Shot 82 with a double bogey on the last hole my only one of the day. Be safe and have fun. 

Frank musolino 

Played 9 this morning with my 6 and 3 year old in tow. Shot a 52 and took a penalty stroke on two holes. Both those holes resulted in triples, and I had a triple on a par 3 where I could not get out of the sand. 5 bogeys and one double rounded out my scoring. Did not strike the ball off the tee nearly as well today as I did yesterday in league, and was not able to make any one putts. All two putts and one three putt, but my putting was probably the strongest part of my game today. Concentration wasn’t great as I was trying to corral my boys at least half the round, but it was still fun to get out and I’ll take the score considering I was not as focused as I was in league last night. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review