#5026 Kenny B

Kenny B

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 7,338 posts
  • LocationKennewick, WA
  • Handicap:11

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:53 AM

I shot an 82 today. My driver has been horrid lately. So I have been favoring my 3 wood and driving iron. Left a couple birdie putts short, that is frustrating. But I am striking my irons well.

However I hit the best shot I will probably ever hit in my life today. I holed out from 175 yards for my 1st Eagle ever!

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Congrats!!  Now you can't say you've never had an eagle!  Nice, huh?

#5027 Kenny B

Kenny B

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 7,338 posts
  • LocationKennewick, WA
  • Handicap:11

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:00 AM

Played 9 two days in a row.

"A Tale of Two Cities"

Traveling in NC after going to step son's graduation from Step 2 of Marine training. First stop was North Shore GC (Sneads Ferry).

Please note the following caveats before I post my score:
* Played from the way way waaaaay up Red Tees
* Rating is only 68.9 with a slope of 126
* Par 36 at 2427 yds
* Took 1 Mulligan on #2

So... I went Par, Par then Bogey the rest except for one hole was Double; so ended at +8 for a 44.

Career best to date :)

Either had an extra shot to the green - as after #1 (which I hit ok strangely enough) I could not get off the tee decently if you paid me! - or an extra putt .. had 3 x 3-putts. On that double I had both an extra shot to the green and a 3 putt.....

Felt loose and was mostly making good contact.

Today...
Played the Back 9 at Oak Island GC, Caswell Beach NC. Played from the Golds rated a lowly 67.3/116, 2635 yds.

Felt tight and constricted and could not hit a tee shot .. or much else .. even if you'd held a gun to my head...!

Started off with a Double, then alternated Bogey or Double except for my MAJOR blow-up hole where I earned myself a 12. Yep, 12 on a somewhat but not ridiculously hard Par 5. Hit the water twice. TWICE! In two different places, too, not like i screwed up the penalty shot after the first one. Who does that on one hole??!!?? Sheesh.........

Not much else was working well. Had one good, one decent hybrid shot; a few OK-ish but not great irons and one good wedge shot. Did get out of one greenside bunker ok in one (whew!), otherwise short game was weak and putting so-so.

So ended at +17 for 9.
OUCH!

Maybe tmrw?

Are you sure?  Has anyone ever held a gun to your head?   :D

I have hit the water twice in two different locations more than once on our par 4 #3.  Pond on the left all the way to and in front of the green.  Then hit in a bunker.  Took a 9... maybe it was a 10; lost count.

At least you are out playing.  Enjoy the scenery.

#5028 MattF

MattF

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts
  • LocationTallmadge, OH
  • Handicap:16

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:42 AM

I don't think what I did yesterday qualifies as playing golf - worst round in a long, long time. I should have stopped keeping score, but wanted to see just how bad it was. 98. I was hitting almost everything off the toe. When natural shot shape is straight/fade, the toe shots off woods were ratcheting off to the left, which is death on the back 9 of the course I was playing. The only bright spot was putting is still pretty solid.

I'm tempted to somewhat blame the amount of manual labor I was doing Monday (a huge tree fell behind my house, so hours of chainsaw operation), but I didn't feel overly stiff or sore.

I need to hit the range, badly and perhaps mix in a lesson or six.

All in all, it was more fun than anything else I could have been doing at the time, but frustrating nonetheless.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Where did you play? Ever need a partner, give me a yell.

In the bag:

:mizuno-small:JPX-EZ Driver 11.5°U Fujikura SIX XLR8 S flex

:mizuno-small:JPX-EX 3 wood 16.5°U Fujikura SIX XLR8 S flex

:mizuno-small:JPE-EZ 5 wood 19°U Fulikura SIX XLR8 S flex
21° Maltby KE4 HDI Hybrid UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
23° Maltby KE4 HDI Hybrid UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
25° Maltby KE4 HDI Hybrid UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
Irons: Maltby 6-9 DBM Forged UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
Wedges: SCOR 46°, 50°, 54° Nippon Pro

:yes-small: Putter: Yes! Tracy
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130
Balls: Snell MTB

Throw me another ball, will ya?

As American as apple pie, but still as Aussie as a meat pie!

#5029 MaxEntropy

MaxEntropy

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationAkron, OH
  • Handicap:~18

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

Where did you play? Ever need a partner, give me a yell.

Brandywine, down in the valley.

Have you ever played Boulder Creek in Streetsboro? It has became one of my favorites in the area.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

#5030 Rusty1885

Rusty1885

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Handicap:2

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:16 PM

Not a good round today, it started bad and stay bad I have no idea how I shot 79.

My vice is nicotine, though I quit smoking 4 years ago I vape. I left my vape at home, we had a 5:30 tee time at a local muni. I didn't want to be late so I went without it.

We were the first group to tee off. I par the first couple of holes. On the second tee there were 2some of older Korean guys. They tried to sneak pass the rest of the groups waiting on the first tee. I was about to tee off and the cut through the fairway to park next to our tee box. I stepped back. Then proceed to my routine, they started grabbing things out of their bags, balls, club, and tees, I stepped back, my brother said, he's teeing off. They stopped.

For the next 2 holes they'd be hitting up in us, they are shorter hitter so I'm over my second shots and they are already driving up and stay about 60 yards back. Then the yapping starts as they wait. Finally on the 4th green before I even putt they hit to the fringe. It's on! I walked back and just asked them please stop doing this there are holes open ahead of us, if they are in a hurry just skip. One of them apologized and the other in retaliation drove the cart onto the fringe.

I told my brother to call the shop and I walked back to the green and just told them they can't be driving up to the green like this, though polite I guess my inner A$$hole came thru pretty clear. They pull the car to the path and started behaving and a few holes later rangers came and talk to them.

Now I'm pumped and nothing to calm me, played the rest of the round pretty wired. But hey on the bright side I had 2 hole out one from 57 yards and another from 39 yards. Driving while in the fairway was pretty wild. Most my approach were short and ball striking was poor. My shortgame really saved me.

Sorry for the rant.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      19 Jul
    DutchSpy

In my Ogio silencer bag I stash the following clubs: Driver TM R11S/ Fujicura blur 45 gr , 3,5,7W TM Burner, Irons 5-sw TM Rbladez, Lob TM 60 rac, Putter Odussee Metal-x, balls Pinnacle Gold

• Photo
      17 Jul
    liv2golf

Anyone have the Srixon Z565 or Z765 driver in play? Thinking of moving to the Srixon from my Titleist and was wondering what everyone's opinion was.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors