TheWahoo

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, MD
  • Handicap:18

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:37 PM

This past week end, I played in a scramble tournament and it was one of the most enjoyable outings that I have experienced.   A young buck with whom I have played golf quite a bit asked me if I would like to fill a team.   It was to benefit the sports programs at a local college that he and a couple of his buds are alums and played on its baseball team.   So the team was three young bucks and an old coot.   I felt like Phil at the President's cup.  Needless to say, we did not use any of my drives, but a couple of my second shots and I did get lucky and was able to pull some chips, pitches and putts out of my butt.  I don't know if they fully understood how enjoyable and appreciable it is to an old coot like me to have been invited and a part of their team.  Of course, there were a few good natured old man jokes, but that made it even more fun for me and I gave them a few wait til you're my age and when you grow up jokes.  We finished second.   

#5837 Rickp

Rickp

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida
  • Handicap:15

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

Early morning a bit humid for an 81, 40-41. A double bogey on each nice kinda hurt but swing is getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
Rick

#5838 Undershooter30

Undershooter30

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,264 posts
  • Handicap:0.0

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:19 PM

Played in a local clubs Ryder cup style event this passed weekend. Played terrible Saturday. Should have either swept or tied maybe one match. Instead we tied the fourball, won the scramble and lost the alternate shot. Overall a split for Saturday's matches.

Sundays singles went much better. I only hit 5 greens but shot 70. Ended up scrambling well and an eagle helped. I think I ended up winning 4 and 2.

I'm sure it had to be demoralizing for me not to hit any greens and yet somehow be up 2 after 4 holes  :D. I think through 8 I was 3 under and had only hit 3 greens. And that was with a lip out bogey. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 10.5* set to 8.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.5 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Tour Issue Mizuno FliHi 3i w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 465ct X
          Ben Hogan PTx 23*- 47* w/ Project X 6.5 coated matt black

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 54* and 58* w/ rifle spinner shafts

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- ProV1X

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

#5839 cksurfdude

cksurfdude

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,375 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • Handicap:~18

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:55 PM

Played atypically well .. really well. Finished my local short 9-Hole course with a +7 .. It's a Par 35 (just one Par 5) so a personal best 42*
* with 1 Mulligan (tee shot went ZINGing straight left into the woods)

And that was with one Triple where after I'd pulled another tee shot left .. to find it in a really bad lie .. with an awkward stance .. I went brain-dead and needed *three* shots to clear it to a good layup spot....

So I had...
4 Pars
4 Bogeys
1 Triple
and hit 4 fairways and 3 greens.

Yea!
(I love this game .. again .. after not liking it so much after a really pitiful practice round just a few days ago.)

WITB^ of a right-handed 61 y.o. "aspiring" ;) player ...

Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (Kuro Kage Silver Tini)

Callaway XR16 5W  (Motore Speeder Red)

Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)

Cobra King OS 5i-9i (Recoil 807)

Callaway Apex CF16 PW (Recoil 760)

Callaway MD3 50-10/S (R300) and 54-10/S (S200)

Callaway X-Jaws 58-08

MLA Tour XDream Black Edition w/Forward Golf grip.

^ currently ... subject to change at any time!

#5840 Kor.A.Door

Kor.A.Door

AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members
  • 2,958 posts
  • LocationFort Mill, SC
  • Handicap:5.5

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:02 AM

Day 2 of the MGA championship, well it did not go as planned, the front nine was 5,5,4,5,4,5,6,3,4. 1 par, 2 birdies, 1 double and 5 bogeys. I was 7 over through 7 holes. Not the start that I wanted, but finished the front with 2 birdies, almost chipped in for eagle on 9. Missed 2 legit birdie putts on the back, came up just short both times, and missed a couple other birdie chances but didn't make any, finished the back with a 40. So 7 over after 7 holes, and finished with a 81. 2 over for the last 11 holes, on a day when I didn't bring the best swing, and had a horrible start, I finished strong and had a good time.
Lefties are always in their Right Mind

#5841 MaxEntropy

MaxEntropy

SPY ANALYST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationAkron, OH
  • Handicap:~18

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:16 AM

I've been out of the loop for a while, but a little over a week ago, the wife and I took a mini vacation to Niagara-on-the-Lake. Played 9 on what is addressed at the oldest course in North America. The wife taxied me around, and I hit balls. Sliced every wood I hit, but my irons are starting to come back after a lesson and couple trips to the range. I can now feel what I'm doing wrong when I do it, but getting better. I made a lot of 6-10 foot putts and still shot 46. I thought I had a pic of a sign near the 8th green that it is still in the same configuration it was in 1875. Must be on the wife's phone.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Our Sponsors