How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Finally able to get back out to play after weeks of packing and moving and then unpacking.  Played our new home course, Diamante Country Club in Hot Springs Village, AR.  Did not handle my wedges worth a flip and putting on unfamiliar greens left much to be desired, but did walk away with an 85.  Not within my expectations for my handicap but, to be fair, I haven't played much in the last 2 months and my back has been barking as a result of the moving.  But, I'm playing again, have met up with some good folks, and have signed up to join 3 groups so far (Wed, Fri, Sat.  During the off season, the course does 11 am shotgun starts and the men (as well as the ladies) have groups set up where you sign up if you want to play or not rather than forming your own foursome (which you can also do if you chose to do so).

It's a really nice course, with undulating terrain.  The Bermuda fairways are dormant currently, but the greens are fast and true.   The signature "Los Tres Diablos" holes (13,14, &15) is quite a test of 3 par 4 holes that require a good drive and an accurate second shot with a mid iron to the greens.  #18 is a great finishing par 5 hole and I have a great view of the tee boxes and fairway from our deck.  Life is good!

Glad to hear the move and restart went well for you Carl.  Your still on the hook however for the 2022 PNW Meet-up - so you might as well start working on that kitchen pass now. 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

3 hours ago, CarlH said:

Finally able to get back out to play after weeks of packing and moving and then unpacking.  Played our new home course, Diamante Country Club in Hot Springs Village, AR.  Did not handle my wedges worth a flip and putting on unfamiliar greens left much to be desired, but did walk away with an 85.  Not within my expectations for my handicap but, to be fair, I haven't played much in the last 2 months and my back has been barking as a result of the moving.  But, I'm playing again, have met up with some good folks, and have signed up to join 3 groups so far (Wed, Fri, Sat.  During the off season, the course does 11 am shotgun starts and the men (as well as the ladies) have groups set up where you sign up if you want to play or not rather than forming your own foursome (which you can also do if you chose to do so).

It's a really nice course, with undulating terrain.  The Bermuda fairways are dormant currently, but the greens are fast and true.   The signature "Los Tres Diablos" holes (13,14, &15) is quite a test of 3 par 4 holes that require a good drive and an accurate second shot with a mid iron to the greens.  #18 is a great finishing par 5 hole and I have a great view of the tee boxes and fairway from our deck.  Life is good!

Pictures please!

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

14 hours ago, chisag said:

... I have been fighting a nasty case of tendonitis in my right elbow and have not played for 10 days.

Kind of odd for this to flare up all of a sudden... have you been doing some other activity that might be responsible?  My forearm compression brace/wrap worked wonders even prior to my getting the composite iron shafts.  I'm not sure I need it anymore (probably just placebo at this point), but it feels strange playing without it and I don't want to go through that annoying pain. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Kind of odd for this to flare up all of a sudden... have you been doing some other activity that might be responsible?  My forearm compression brace/wrap worked wonders even prior to my getting the composite iron shafts.  I'm not sure I need it anymore (probably just placebo at this point), but it feels strange playing without it and I don't want to go through that annoying pain. 

I’m living with the elbow pain and doing the exercises.  The lack of feeling in 2 fingers is annoying but not painful. 
Orthopedic Doc said to eliminate all of this is surgery, nope not right now.  New knee first on list.

• Sad 7

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

... Anything is possible. One of the problems with aging is a minor injury you pay little attention to can turn into something worse. Playing through pain was the way all athletes born in the 50/60's were raised and that might have been somewhat OK in my 20's but many of us know by experience it doesn't work once you get past 50. So it is possible I aggravated it in some way and then daily golf made it worse. It was hurting but manageable and then it seemed like one round too many increased the pain exponentially and I walked off after 11 holes, then took the 10 day break. 

• Like 6

Driver:     :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 10.5* ... AD-MT SR 
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 5-Pw Forged Tec/4i FTx ... KBS TGi 85S
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

47/45:92 today with terrific weather, 50* at tee time warmed up to 71*.  Still not playin* well but could not putt today.

• Like 9

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

I joined the Ladies group when they made the turn and walked the back nine with my wife's group which only had 3 players.  It's the easier nine holes to walk, and I was tired and sore... mostly from being old!

I am still playing my MacGregor VIP 1025M irons and hitting them well.  Shot 38 (+3) on a chilly 41º day.  I had left my 7i in my hitting bay, and I only needed to use it twice... both on par 3's!!!  Took a little off my 6i once and hit an 8i stinger on the other; GIR and par on both.

• Like 7

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

41/42 at Mesa Del Sol yesterday.  This should have absolutely been another sub 80 round but I managed to blow it.  Putting for birdie on #9 from ~7 feet and walked away with a bogie 🙄.  I had two other great chances for birdie on the front and neither dropped.  Then, on #12, 4 putted 😬.  Granted, it was a really long putt just off the opposite side of the green, across the two tiers, and a sloped pin placement - but I was hacked at myself for missing so bad and opted to step in quickly and finish rather than mark and let the fire burn down 🤣.

But, on the plus side, I won 3/4 KP's and 13/18 wolf's... netting $3.30!

• Like 6

Exec 9 this morning, 55*, little foggy & no wind.  Shot a 4 over, no birds.  
It was like walking wounded with all of my 4some having some ailment or at least waiting on scheduled replacements.

• Like 7

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I played yesterday at one of my locals.  I played... meh....  I just could not get my head in the game.  I was distracted with work and other assorted things going on.  I just hate when that happens.  I find it much like when you wake at 2 or 3 in the morning and cannot turn your mind off to go back to sleep.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Bag        1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png     C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                Epic Flash
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons       635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges 635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter       default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                  Huntington Beach  soft 10.5 C
  • 2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.1a396eb0e7a56229c153cfe6bb5b7435.jpg                            2021 Tester

Seemore3.jpg

53 minutes ago, Paul Hedrick said:

I played yesterday at one of my locals.  I played... meh....  I just could not get my head in the game.  I was distracted with work and other assorted things going on.  I just hate when that happens.  

I always had that problem in the company golf league. Run out the door from work, throw on some shorts and race to the first tee. No warm up and your mind is still solving work problems. Then to top it off your playing with people from work and conversations always somehow get back to work. It usually didn't make for a good round of golf. 

• Like 5

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Played in my first 2 Day Major for the US AM Tour down in the La Canetera Course, Palmer ( soon to be taken down to build house, shame its such a great course) and the Resort Course, in San Antonio, TX.
First day I was able to play to a solid 82 considering that I shank a 9 iron into the woods on the par 3 to take a 7, my only other in the score card and a improvable chip in on 18th. 
Second day with a 4 stroke lead was cruising along to start the round, when the weather change to 30-40mphs winds and cold winds. Then it was survival for everyone to make it to the club house in one piece. 

Game was ok, not spectacular but decent and didn't crumble under pressure of competition. 

Came out a victorious at the end , first day lead was huge and help to preserve the lead while I was leaking a little oil coming into the finish line.

• Like 8

Driver:  TaylorMade Stealth HD - 9.0 with  NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: TourEdge Exotic C721 13.5 with Hrdz RDX Blue Stiff
3 -Hybrid TourEdge Exotic C721 with Hrdz RDX Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: TourEdge Exotic C721 with KBS 80 Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
Wedges: Taylormade MG3 - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: ER10 Outback Mallet, 34in
Balls: TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:   LX5 Watch

TESTING: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch