How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

15 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

First off, happy birthday to your wife and if she's a bigger golf nut than you, you got a good one.

That left handed 7 iron shot is hard to pull off and that's impressive! I'm glad the two of you were able to get out and enjoy the day together. 

She is a nut - she'll will go out in temps that I would only ski in....but she drinks fireball and I don't!

On the LH swing, I was completely ready for a whiff and as surprised as anybody that the ball went the right direction!  I tried a couple practice swings and settled on gripping it cross handed.

• Like 7

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

2 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

She is a nut - she'll will go out in temps that I would only ski in....but she drinks fireball and I don't!

On the LH swing, I was completely ready for a whiff and as surprised as anybody that the ball went the right direction!  I tried a couple practice swings and settled on gripping it cross handed.

Fireball is the approved energy source from the “Bacon Boyz”.  
I cannot even swing a club RH !!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Fireball is the approved energy source from the “Bacon Boyz”.  
I cannot even swing a club RH !!!

There are times when I can't either!!  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

20 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

There are times when I can't either!!  😂

It happens wether RH or LH!

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

After the big wind yesterday, my wife and I had plans to play this morning.  At 9am it was still quite windy (15mph) for a 42º temperature, so we called and cancelled.  Around 1pm it had warmed up to a balmy 47º and the wind was down to 10-12mph and the sun came out... briefly.  So we headed to the course.  It's colder down by the river, but we decided to play anyway.  We opted for our push carts since it's easier to stay warm walking.  No warmup since we were burning daylight.  

I missed the 1st fairway (not unusual) but managed a wedge shot from the rough to the back of the green with a back pin.  Hard L2R breaking putt uphill and into the wind... 3-putt.  Arrrgh!  Fairway and tap-in par on #2.  Down the middle on #3 and an 8i into the green with a "Red" flag pin; nice shot straight at the pin... pin was in the middle of the green!!!  Couldn't get any more middle; came up short and no up and down!  Arrrgh!  I hit every fairway on the remaining holes and parred holes 4-9.  So, a +2 round of 39. My wife shot a very nice 42 after a birdie-par start.  We played in one hour and 40 minutes, managing to keep the foursome in 2 carts in sight and losing the 2-some in a cart behind us.

Bad weather moving in this week; rain tonight and all day tomorrow, the temps drop into the 20's at night with snow flurries likely.  Might not be able to play for awhile.

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Christmas Goose comp on Saturday and shot my best ever score of 83 for 39 points playing with 15 shots 😃

Had 6 pars & 12 bogeys, really pleased to keep any DB's off the card and getting up & down was really good. Had 3 or 4 putts pull up just short and just missed to birdy putts that I should have really made. 

Driving was a bit off but I didn't try anything daft if I was out of position.

Really starting to see the benefit of the slightly more forgiving MP54 compared to the MP32's and taken another 0.9 off the handicap..

I won the comp by a point too 🏆

Edited by DStar
  • Like 7
  • Love 2

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 🆕

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

8 hours ago, DStar said:

Christmas Goose comp on Saturday and shot my best ever score of 83 for 39 points playing with 15 shots 😃

Had 6 pars & 12 bogeys, really pleased to keep any DB's off the card and getting up & down was really good. Had 3 or 4 putts pull up just short and just missed to birdy putts that I should have really made. 

Driving was a bit off but I didn't try anything daft if I was out of position.

Really starting to see the benefit of the slightly more forgiving MP54 compared to the MP32's and taken another 0.9 off the handicap..

I won the comp by a point too 🏆

Have you been using the putter you made and if you are how’s it playing?

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

30 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Have you been using the putter you made and if you are how’s it playing?

I have indeed. Really pleased with the performance, lines up great, rolls really well. I'm just lacking a little confidence to give the ball enough poke...will bode well for the summer when the greens speed up again.

• Like 3

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 🆕

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

1 hour ago, DStar said:

I have indeed. Really pleased with the performance, lines up great, rolls really well. I'm just lacking a little confidence to give the ball enough poke...will bode well for the summer when the greens speed up again.

That’s great! You did a nice job making it so enjoy it.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Shot 46/43:89 today with no birdies. Again, chipping hurt.  Putting was okay. 

• Like 8

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

On 12/13/2021 at 9:17 AM, DStar said:

I have indeed. Really pleased with the performance, lines up great, rolls really well. 

Sounds like it's time for that call to MGS staff and offer to send D-Star Putters to 4 testers 👍.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

Monday & Tuesday 2 completely different Exec 9’s. 
Monday struggled with everything except pitch/chip game.  Unfortunately that was not enough to save a decent score, +6😱
Tuesday started 3 bogies then woke up and ball found the middle of club face.  2 Birds helped the cause for a +3.

• Like 6

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Still in the 50s in Ohio and got out for 9 holes yesterday. I had a birdie, and overall played well, hit 6 greens. The birdie was a terrible drive I got away with having a clear shot to the green and hit my gap wedge to 8 inches. I have next week off, so maybe one more round before Christmas if the weather holds.

• Like 4

Take Dead Aim

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: Titleist 714CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM5 & SM6 50/54/58

Putter: Odyssey Versa #7 32"

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Was able to figure out a reason to travel to South Carolina for work and had enough time to get to play golf one of the days.  Played at True Blue for the first time and really enjoyed the course.  I was a single, but ended up playing with the foursome in front of me who were playing quickly and playing the same tees as me.  Had a great round minus about 4 bad shots over the whole day.   Hole of the day was the par 5 9th that I eagled.  Hit a great 2 hybrid from 237 into wind and had 8 feet and was able to make the putt.

Blue Tees - 6812 yardage (not much roll out on drives so played pretty long)

Score: 75 

FIR: 11/13

GIR: 11/18

Putts: 31

image.png.8a64f433f8c6e6eb575078c5c85ee6b2.png

image.png.d93ec2d5ff0a772381be2455890ed679.png

• Like 8

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

1 hour ago, juspoole said:

Was able to figure out a reason to travel to South Carolina for work and had enough time to get to play golf one of the days.  Played at True Blue for the first time and really enjoyed the course.  I was a single, but ended up playing with the foursome in front of me who were playing quickly and playing the same tees as me.  Had a great round minus about 4 bad shots over the whole day.   Hole of the day was the par 5 9th that I eagled.  Hit a great 2 hybrid from 237 into wind and had 8 feet and was able to make the putt.

That's a great round on that course for sure. From the blues it was a 72.6 rating and a 139 slope. So many waste areas I lost count.

• Like 2

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Definitely on my list the next time my in-laws rent a place in Pawleys.  You played slightly down the road at Caledonia yet?  Another Strantz gem.

• Like 2

:taylormade-small:  Driver: 2016 M2 -- Fujikara ventus red  

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood RBZ Stage 2 -  Diamana Blue Board 

:taylormade-small: 2 Hybrid RBZ Stage 2 -- True Temper Elevate Tour (shares duty with 3I depending on the day)

:Sub70: 699pro - 3I Driving Iron KBS Tour (shares duty with the 2 hybrid depending on the day)

:Sub70: 699pro - 4I, 5I - 639CB 6/PW -- True Temper Elevate Elevate Tour

:taylormade-small: RSI2 -- 4/PW- Nippon Modus 115 (Testing)

:cleveland-small:Cleveland CBX2 48° & 54°-- TT Elevate Tour 

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe 58° -- TT Elevate Tour 

:bettinardi-small: Innovai 6.0 CTR

:srixon-small: Ball: Zstar XV Divide

Well done, True Blue always played long!!

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

18 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

That's a great round on that course for sure. From the blues it was a 72.6 rating and a 139 slope. So many waste areas I lost count

18 hours ago, Rickp said:

Well done, True Blue always played long!!

Thank you, it was a great day for sure - Besides one drive that put me behind a tree, I was hitting better than I ever have.  Also helped to join the group of members ahead of me for some insight to each hole.  Really fun round.

18 hours ago, Syks7 said:

Definitely on my list the next time my in-laws rent a place in Pawleys.  You played slightly down the road at Caledonia yet?  Another Strantz gem.

Not just yet, I had actually planned to play there instead, but they had a tournament going on.  Apparently it worked out for the best as the members I was playing with said they have recently lost 6 of the greens and it's not up to par with True Blue at the moment.

Also with my game off the tee, the tighter courses are usually tough for me.  Length usually is no issue, but keeping them straight off the tee can be a challenge at times.  Luckily I had it clicking the other day.  

True Blue will certainly be on my list if I'm back in the area.

• Like 4

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"