How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

From Friday.  Weird day.  Weirder than 43/44 an 87 would indicate.  I had a lesson the day before and try as I might I couldn't banish technical thoughts from my head which made for a very mixed striking day.  I just kind of rolled with it and had a very feast and famine type of day.  At times I was locked in, others I was floundering around in the dark.  My old downswing and older chipping technique were fighting against the stuff I learned yesterday.  I hit some truly great shots and some head scratchers that had me visiting parts of the course I'd never had to recover from before.  😑.  Including a beautiful 8 iron on a par three that I pulled that hit behind a greenside bunker, struck something solid and had me pitching back into the green from 70 yards away just off the green of another hole... and I came within 1/2" of getting up and down! 

Off the Tee:  Either in the center of the fairway 250-270 out or 150 yards left, right, up, down, etc.

Woods/Hybrid:  Okayish, struck well but not at all on line.  I hit one to pin high on 17 from 235 that was 30 yards left of the green next to a drainage swale.  

Irons: See the driver.  Either throwing darts or an unpredictable mix of everywhere.

Wedges:  Same as the rest.  Either the yips or putting me in position to get up and down.

Putter:  4-3 putts but also 5-1 putts -- most of them beyond 10 feet.  🤷‍♂️   I was just a little off from very long range.  On the 3 putts I was pretty far out from the pin (beyond 35 feet) and left myself 5-6 feet out.   Brushed those just to the side of the cup and tapped in for the 3rd one.

All things considered I'm pretty happy with an 87, especially with 4 doubles.  Headed to the range tomorrow to work on the drills that will start to solidify some of these swing adjustments.

Edited by Syks7
  • Like 7

:taylormade-small:  Driver: 2016 M2 -- Fujikara ventus red  

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood RBZ Stage 2 -  Diamana Blue Board 

:taylormade-small: 2 Hybrid RBZ Stage 2 -- True Temper Elevate Tour (shares duty with 3I depending on the day)

:Sub70: 699pro - 3I Driving Iron KBS Tour (shares duty with the 2 hybrid depending on the day)

:Sub70: 699pro - 4I, 5I - 639CB 6/PW -- True Temper Elevate Elevate Tour

:taylormade-small: RSI2 -- 4/PW- Nippon Modus 115 (Testing)

:cleveland-small:Cleveland CBX2 48° & 54°-- TT Elevate Tour 

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe 58° -- TT Elevate Tour 

:bettinardi-small: Innovai 6.0 CTR

:srixon-small: Ball: Zstar XV Divide

6 hours ago, Syks7 said:

From Friday.  Weird day.  Weirder than 43/44 an 87 would indicate.  I had a lesson the day before and try as I might I couldn't banish technical thoughts from my head which made for a very mixed striking day.  I just kind of rolled with it and had a very feast and famine type of day.  At times I was locked in, others I was floundering around in the dark.  My old downswing and older chipping technique were fighting against the stuff I learned yesterday.  I hit some truly great shots and some head scratchers that had me visiting parts of the course I'd never had to recover from before.  😑.  Including a beautiful 8 iron on a par three that I pulled that hit behind a greenside bunker, struck something solid and had me pitching back into the green from 70 yards away just off the green of another hole... and I came within 1/2" of getting up and down! 

Off the Tee:  Either in the center of the fairway 250-270 out or 150 yards left, right, up, down, etc.

Woods/Hybrid:  Okayish, struck well but not at all on line.  I hit one to pin high on 17 from 235 that was 30 yards left of the green next to a drainage swale.  

Irons: See the driver.  Either throwing darts or an unpredictable mix of everywhere.

Wedges:  Same as the rest.  Either the yips or putting me in position to get up and down.

Putter:  4-3 putts but also 5-1 putts -- most of them beyond 10 feet.  🤷‍♂️   I was just a little off from very long range.  On the 3 putts I was pretty far out from the pin (beyond 35 feet) and left myself 5-6 feet out.   Brushed those just to the side of the cup and tapped in for the 3rd one.

All things considered I'm pretty happy with an 87, especially with 4 doubles.  Headed to the range tomorrow to work on the drills that will start to solidify some of these swing adjustments.

It took me a good 3 months for my "new" swing to ingrain itself. You'll likely see weird stuff happen for a while.

• Like 5

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0

Hybrid: :Sub70: 949X Pro 2 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

38 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Saturday was my last round before shoulder surgery.  I shot a 49/42:91 and had several tries at birdie.  I did par the last hole, #18 which is one of the hard3st holes on the course(#3 handicap).

Looking ahead, I am positive that my shoulder will be so much better and I can rehab with a strong Spring ahead of me. 

Good luck with the surgery.  Did my shoulder while ago and it’s been great, you’ll be back better than ever. 

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

39 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Saturday was my last round before shoulder surgery.  I shot a 49/42:91 and had several tries at birdie.  I did par the last hole, #18 which is one of the hard3st holes on the course(#3 handicap).

Looking ahead, I am positive that my shoulder will be so much better and I can rehab with a strong Spring ahead of me. 

Best wishes with your surgery and rehab.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Hoping for a successful surgery and a quick recovery. 

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

23 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

As far as the cart and the problem goes, my major issue was how my bag is set up.

Try this.  I found this layout for a 14 divider bag very helpful all around for (Push cart, cart, and carry)  Putter in top well, Drivers, Woods, Hybrids down the left.  Irons left to right from top with wedges on bottom.  Keeps it pretty solidly organized and easy to find stuff in almost every situation.

PXL_20210917_175654800.jpg.3ae1b510bae8616da47004d399aae359.jpg.585071196538dc4cffa1a45430f34d18.jpg

4 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Good luck with your recovery.  Keep up with your Physical Therapy after it's done.  My FIL & father both had knees replaced.  One did all of his PT work and the other didn't.  I'll give you a guess which one is having problems again.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

:taylormade-small:  Driver: 2016 M2 -- Fujikara ventus red  

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood RBZ Stage 2 -  Diamana Blue Board 

:taylormade-small: 2 Hybrid RBZ Stage 2 -- True Temper Elevate Tour (shares duty with 3I depending on the day)

:Sub70: 699pro - 3I Driving Iron KBS Tour (shares duty with the 2 hybrid depending on the day)

:Sub70: 699pro - 4I, 5I - 639CB 6/PW -- True Temper Elevate Elevate Tour

:taylormade-small: RSI2 -- 4/PW- Nippon Modus 115 (Testing)

:cleveland-small:Cleveland CBX2 48° & 54°-- TT Elevate Tour 

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe 58° -- TT Elevate Tour 

:bettinardi-small: Innovai 6.0 CTR

:srixon-small: Ball: Zstar XV Divide

First round of the new year and I played pretty well.    40/36:76   8 FW, 12 GIR, 34 putts.  

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

First round of the new year and I played pretty well.    40/36:76   8 FW, 12 GIR, 34 putts.  

Well done!!

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

2 hours ago, Syks7 said:

Try this.  I found this layout for a 14 divider bag very helpful all around for (Push cart, cart, and carry)  Putter in top well, Drivers, Woods, Hybrids down the left.  Irons left to right from top with wedges on bottom.  Keeps it pretty solidly organized and easy to find stuff in almost every situation.

PXL_20210917_175654800.jpg.3ae1b510bae8616da47004d399aae359.jpg.585071196538dc4cffa1a45430f34d18.jpg

I'll give that a try! I feel like is going to be a work in progress to get happy with how the bag is set up. I've played so long with a certain organization that's optimal (to me) for riding. I like the way everything there in your bag is easier to find. 

• Like 4

Monday morning 9, 63*, light wind & cloudy.

Par, Birdie, Par start then Bogie, Par, Dbl Bogie and final 3 holes Birdie, Birdie & Par.  
Fun morning with even Par 9.

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

47/44 for a 91 on Saturday. Went from hitting gentle fades 4 days earlier to pull hooks in the first 7 holes. Couldn't get comfortable with my wedges all round but am chalking that up to the persistent rain we were up against. 

Most importantly, one birdie and zero 3 putts! 

• Like 6

Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Driver

Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Irons

Mizuno MP R12 Wedges

TM Daytona 1 Rossa

Finally got out after 3 weeks off due to the removal of my gallbladder..

stunk to high heavens… felt lousy. Turns out it was the first day of a 5 day flu- even though I had the flu shot! Can’t catch a break lately it seems.

did I mention I stunk? Peeuuuuu!

anyways, feeling a lot better today, so off to the lake tomorrow…

• Like 7

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Tuesday morning 45*, cloudy & 12-14 mph north wind.  Miserable morning, have no clue what I shot!  Lost 1 ball and was happy I finished.

One guy left after 4th hole, should have  left with him.

• Like 7

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

15 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Tuesday morning 45*, cloudy & 12-14 mph north wind.  Miserable morning, have no clue what I shot!  Lost 1 ball and was happy I finished.

One guy left after 4th hole, should have  left with him.

Here, he would have been called a wuss for leaving.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Here, he would have been called a wuss for leaving.

Air Temp is not the problem, north wind in the teens can be nasty.  
He’s getting over the Flu so he gets a pass…..this time.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

So when is 93 a decent score? Today. 

38* with 10+ mph winds when I teed off. It “warmed up” to 43* entually, but the wind made it feel below freezing.

I played with my Tuesday league. We usually have between 40-50 players in 2 flights, but today we had 24 knuckleheads, lol. They combined everyone into one flight and played Gross Stableford. Somehow I managed to finish 3rd despite missing my number by 5.

Tough day at the office, not a lot of fun. I’m playing a 2 man tournament that starts Thursday, I’m just hoping I don’t get sick. I feel something coming on right now. 🙄

• Like 7

:ping-small: G425 Max 10* Distanza 

:callaway-small: 2018 Rogue 15* Quaranta

:callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 18* 20* & 23* Cypher

:cleveland-small: Halo Launcher XL 6-DW Cypher

:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58* DG 115

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide 34”

:OnCore: Elixir Yellow round things

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+ 14 way stand bag