How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

@chisag, sorry to hear that.. just goes to show what lengths we will go to to protect things we hold dear top our hearts...

So how did I play, well 1st time out since Sept.. it's been a very long 4 months. work, weather, Vacation at Christmas.. So i got out Sat. local 9 hole course was offering $20 all you can play.. So i grabbed Grandson and headed out. Was worried about the the Frost. No frost delay.. Had to wait on 1st tee for 1 group of 3.. Struggled on 1st hole then settled down. Had a tough time judging green speed as some still had some light frost/water.. the course was SUPER wet to the point where alot of the low spots were almost to wet to walk on.. Hit the ball well after the 1st couple of holes.. Shot a 43 to par of 33. 10 over not great but had 2 nice birdie looks, unfortunatley did not convert either.. and 1 turned into a bogey due to sketchy green.. Had a great day with Grandson. he's ready to play almost everyday.. Hopefully get out more frequently this spring and Summer.. 

• Like 6

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

28* this morning in Central FL!!!  Heavy Frost so breakfast with the “Boyz” instead.  I don’t care who you are or where you live 28* is cold🥶

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

12 minutes ago, Rickp said:

28* this morning in Central FL!!!  Heavy Frost so breakfast with the “Boyz” instead.  I don’t care who you are or where you live 28* is cold🥶

Yeah I would have opted for some breakfast too!

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:wilson_staff_small: D200 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Yeah I would have opted for some breakfast too!

or stay in bed..

Driver:  TaylorMade Stealth HD - 9.0 with  NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: TourEdge Exotic C721 13.5 with Hrdz RDX Blue Stiff
3 -Hybrid TourEdge Exotic C721 with Hrdz RDX Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: TourEdge Exotic C721 with KBS 80 Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
Wedges: Taylormade MG3 - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: ER10 Outback Mallet, 34in
Balls: TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:   LX5 Watch

TESTING: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch

Played first round of the New Year over at The Bridges, in Gunter, TX. Always enjoy this track in the winter you can get away with some missed hits, but in the summer grass is high and no forgiveness.
Working on some swing changes, primary swing path, i gotten to much over the top causing a permanent cut of the ball.
But i could see that new changes are coming along, I like they way I was striking the ball with Driver and long Irons. More of a small fade than a cut, it will get better as i get used to the changes.

The new TaylorMade MG3 wedges are the real deal, first time on the course that they were money, I have to get used to them they are a little longer than my Cleveland RTX 4 and way better stopping power.

Also the new TourEdge C721 3 Hybrid was money, pretty consistent striking , straight and long.

Hopefully the weather will stay in the mid 55-65, instead of that brutal 25degrees of last week. 

• Like 8

Driver:  TaylorMade Stealth HD - 9.0 with  NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: TourEdge Exotic C721 13.5 with Hrdz RDX Blue Stiff
3 -Hybrid TourEdge Exotic C721 with Hrdz RDX Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: TourEdge Exotic C721 with KBS 80 Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
Wedges: Taylormade MG3 - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: ER10 Outback Mallet, 34in
Balls: TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:   LX5 Watch

TESTING: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch

Was able to get out in PHX today with an old friend and a new friend of his. Played a course called San Marcos in Chandler. (First grassed course in AZ, apparently, 1920’s maybe?) Very cool parkland course; started slow but played steady and posted a smooth 79! (38-41) Haven’t broken that magic number in quite a while! Only happens when you don’t pay attention to your score!!

• Like 8

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Nippon N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

On 1/24/2022 at 11:23 AM, Rickp said:

Yes. 28° is cold, but I’ve played in it against my better judgment.  Not much fun when you are playing on frozen ground.  There is no stopping a ball on the green, and yes the course was open.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yes. 28° is cold, but I’ve played in it against my better judgment.  Not much fun when you are playing on frozen ground.  There is no stopping a ball on the green, and yes the course was open.

28* was doable 20 years ago, not any more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

On 1/22/2022 at 2:26 PM, chisag said:

... Thanks to you and others. Posted this before but I had a very enlightening experience after my 2nd back surgery in '95. First day of rehab I was complaining to the girl next to me doing the same exercise. Poor me, can't play for another 5 months, why me, a second surgery is just unfair, little pity rant. I asked her of she was recovering from back surgery and she said "No, I have terminal cancer and 6 months to live so I am just trying to keep up the quality of life for the time I have left". She was 27. I started to apologize and she held up her hand saying "I am not looking for your pity. Just enjoy every day like it is your last".

... To say this had a profound effect on me is an understatement and while not always successful, I have tried my best to do just that. A ruined cart, rangefinder and remote is just money. My injuries were far from life threatening so I just thought about all the people in the world so much worse off than me and this incident was merely a small insignificant event and I am grateful I was able to recover so quickly. 

Ya know, this story hit home and brought me back to when one of my best buddies lost his 30 year old son to melanoma cancer. Hardly anything can compare to losing youngsters and every time we grouse about some bad luck we’re having, it’s rarely comparable to what that family dealt with.

yet with that Chisag, nice tumble… **cringe**

• Like 5

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

played this morning with a 2 club wind, it was nice reaching a tough par 3 with a smooth 6 iron. Birdied 2 of the par 5’s to bring the score into decent territory. Got a little sunburn tho as the hat was impossible to keep on

• Like 6

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

16 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Got a little sunburn tho as the hat was impossible to keep on

You were wearing the wrong one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I'll keep you cool, baby.

We’re in the middle of the coldest stretch I remember since I moved here almost 12 years ago.

Our courses have been closed most of the last two weeks, and the few days they haven’t first tees we’re pushed back to at least 1030 when they took the tarps of the greens.

No golf until at least Monday, and I’m chomping at the bit. I’ve had 3 league dates and two tournaments postponed. After spending the Holiday season up on Long Island, I’ve only played 5x since mid November. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

:ping-small: G425 Max 9*(set at 10*) Distanza 

:callaway-small: ‘18 Rogue 15* Quaranta

:cleveland-small: Hy-wood 18* Cypher

:cleveland-small: Halo Launcher XL 4-DW Cypher   

:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58* DG 115

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide 34”

:OnCore: Elixir Yellow round things

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+ Black stand bag 

Friday Bacon Boyz 7:30 Tee Time.  A chilly 42* & 8 mph wind.  First time out after my fall so treading slowly.  I played 4 of the 9 holes, 2par 3’s & 2par 4’s.  Split them with 2 pars & 2 bogies.  
Some minor pain but no bad.  After our cold spell beginning of the week I’m going to give it a few more holes per round.

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Friday Bacon Boyz 7:30 Tee Time.  A chilly 42* & 8 mph wind.  First time out after my fall so treading slowly.  I played 4 of the 9 holes, 2par 3’s & 2par 4’s.  Split them with 2 pars & 2 bogies.  
Some minor pain but no bad.  After our cold spell beginning of the week I’m going to give it a few more holes per round.

Go easy, Rick. Listen to your body.

The good thing about living where we live is we know it will warm up soon. Those golf courses aren’t going anywhere. I’m thinking about an over 50* rule this year. I’m so over those low 40’s and damp rounds. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

:ping-small: G425 Max 9*(set at 10*) Distanza 

:callaway-small: ‘18 Rogue 15* Quaranta

:cleveland-small: Hy-wood 18* Cypher

:cleveland-small: Halo Launcher XL 4-DW Cypher   

:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58* DG 115

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide 34”

:OnCore: Elixir Yellow round things

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+ Black stand bag