How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

59 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Finally, our Spring Blitz two day tourney arrived this past weekend.  My anxiety level was high as I was now returning from 9 weeks of rehab after shoulder surgery.  We had 37 contestants. Day 1, is hot 44/46: 90. No birdies and my driver was not cooperating.  Still, that placed me in 8th place at +1 for my points.  My points were 17, down drastically from 27 last Fall, mostly due to my injured rotator cup from the July auto accident.  Day 2 both my driver and putter showed up to play, shooting 42/42: 84 and taking 3rd place with +8.  First place was tied at +12.  I was very proud as my putter was knocking them down from 8 - 15 feet to save par or bogey.  Just possibly my game is turning around…..

Glad you hear you are back out on the course.  Hope the shoulder continues to do well. 

• Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter: Auditions ongoing 

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Didn't think I was going to be able to get for a couple weeks. Got the taxes done and few chores so the wife and I played 9 with our neighbor couple. The ladies called it after 9 so my bud and I finished out the round. Started out rough with a quad on #1, bog on 2 dbl on 3, see where I'm going. I did have 1 bird and 2 pars on the front for a 46. Back 9 went 2 dbls, 1 bog and 6 pars for a 41 on 9 holes I've never played, tot 87. I'm good with that after a few rough holes. Driver was erratic but when it was on it was a thing of beauty. been working on getting rid  the dreaded over top move and things are coming back nicely. 

Hitting up Sub 70 location for a proper fitting of my 699 pro's. Could be a few weeks before I get out again. If needed I'll use the old set and see what happens. Hopefully I get the 699's back before my trip to AZ but that would be pushing it I think for that quick of a turn around time. 

remember a shot is a shot no matter where it's at on the course. It doesn't know what the shot before did, Move forward and leave the past in the past but learn from it. 

• Like 9

Epic GBB driver 10.5 turned down to 9.5 Hzruds 6.5 smoke shaft. 

Titleist U15 1 iron 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

19 minutes ago, chisag said:

... What a bizarre Phenix round of golf yesterday. Started off cloudy and windy around 75* with 15mph winds. A "storm" blew in around hole #5 with droplets of water which I wouldn't even call a sprinkle but sandy gusts up to 40mph. The sand storm got so bad on the approach to the par five 5th, we could not see the green from 100yds out!?! Hard to stand still to putt. At least the 9th was straight downwind and I hit a 340 yd drive LOL. It carried to the downslope, something I am not capable of even with normal winds. But stopping a wedge was impossible and landed on the front to a back pin and still rolled onto the back fringe. #10 is a birdie more often than not par 5 but into that 40mph wind it Tok driver, 17* super hybrid and a knock down 5 iron to just short of the green with a front pin. 

... By the 14th hole the wind was completely gone, the sky turned partly cloudy with sun and blue patches and the last 5 holes were ideal conditions. 🤪

Yea, we had heavy winds here in Yuma all day and into the evening.  We also had some pretty heavy rain for about a 2 hour period.  The car (just washed last week) looked like a specked dirt paint job 😡... back over to the car wash early before the hordes showed up.  Rain storms that coincide with dust storms = no Bueno... unless you own a car wash 😆.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

15 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yea, we had heavy winds here in Yuma all day and into the evening.  We also had some pretty heavy rain for about a 2 hour period. 

... Good for Yuma. We need rain desperately here in Phoenix. Supposedly the Monsoon season will be average to above average rainfall so here's hoping they are correct. 

• Like 3

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... LinQ M40X 6F3
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 5-Pw Forged Tec ... Steelfiber i80R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

You guys in Phoenix and Yuma need to quit sending all that wind to the east. We don't know how to play in it here in Georgia! 

Graham Marsh loses his hat as he tees off into a strong wind on No. 16 during the first round of the Champions Tour’s FedEx Kinko’s Classic in Lakeway, Texas.

• Haha 7

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  7 - PW T100S, 4 -6 T200 all with Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff
Wedges:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts                                                                                                                                   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 & Maxfli Tour

2 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

You guys in Phoenix and Yuma need to quit sending all that wind to the east. We don't know how to play in it here in Georgia! 

... Thankfully I had plenty of experience in Chicago. Pin was on the left edge of a 173 yd par 3 yesterday and I hit a low cut starting 30 yds left of the green that started fading about 5 yds then took a right turn and ran onto the green almost sideways. Happy with par there. While we can get some wind in the spring maybe 10-15 days, the rest of the year is pretty calm. I remember last Spring lamenting the wind and wishing we could have some wind free days and then summer hit with temps around 110 and above without any breeze at all and I regretted my lamenting. 🤪

• Like 6

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... LinQ M40X 6F3
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 5-Pw Forged Tec ... Steelfiber i80R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

Got a new set of iron   Tour edge E with graphite shifts.  Wanted to try it out on the course.   Had hurt my left knee didnt play for couple of weeks   Excited to get out as it was warmer today 

my swing was awful. Too much arms and not proper body rotation.  I had six lost/OB and quit scoring after 7 holes after realizing I couldn’t put pressure on my knee 

just played out front 9 and time for rehab for another week. I’m going make sure my turning and extension strength on my knee is better before trying to play again 

• Like 9

I didn't play well today.  End of story.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at N) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*)-- Mitishibishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 19* and 24* -- Fujikura Atmos R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R +1/2 inch 3* up

Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 52*, 56* and 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge shaft

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX  

:Arccos:

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Played my first round with the swing change, shot 91. 1 birdie, 2 pars, 9 bogies, 6 doubles. Obviously not where I want to be but I also understand the new swing is a “go backwards to go forwards” approach and I could tell after the first 9 it was starting to click some. When I did it all correctly hit it great, but when I did not it was worse than before, which makes sense. Drove it well besides a couple holes, stunk in the fairway for the most part, chipped very well and putted so so. 

Excited to play more with this new swing and get more and more used to it! 

• Like 8

New swing still helping, and had a few really nice shots with it. Shot a 78, with 2 doubles, gah!

7th hole has 2 waters on left, with the first one kind of sticking into the fairway a bit.

hit a hot drive, low and pulled, but hot. It skipped 3 times and skipped up onto a strip of grass between the lakes. So I had 163 to a front pin. Trusted a good 6 iron and landed almost pin high, but it settled about 20’ past. They punched and sanded earlier, not to mention a small puddle from the sprinklers, next to the pin. Threw a put down the left sine and watched it bounce its way into the cup for a birdie.

so, not sure what to call it, like a sandy, but water. So a watery?

• Like 8
  • Hmmm 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 5-AW

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (second best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Bacon Boyz this morning.  We had 2.25” rain last night so surprised that we were allowed out, cart path only.  
Wasn’t as wet as I thought it would be but no roll and greens were a little slow. Traps we’re a mess, more like mud.  
We picked up a 4th who played from the Tips, another guy who doesn’t know his limitations.  I had a decent day, driver, irons hybrids all OK but putter still not playing nice.

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Today is the anniversary of my marriage proposal to my wife (I did it on this day so I could remember it... smart huh?).  So my wife suggested we go the course where I learned to play this stoopid game and walk 18 holes.  It's very flat... in the floodplain of the Yakima River.  We haven't played this course since 2015.  Called for a tee time; pro said anytime after 11am; we got there at 11:20 and got right on... a bad sign for a Friday which is probably the busiest days at our course.

Caught the group in front on Hole #2; waited 10 minutes, and it was like that the entire front 9.  Fortunately, a single walker joined us on #4... more waiting.  As its turns out, there was a mini-tournament for one of the businesses in town ahead of us; only two groups... an 8-some and a 7-some!!  😱  

IMG_1551.jpeg.3a8fddee3c0b06a45889c4b55673b55d.jpeg

Believe it or not, this group is on the tee box.  Looks pretty rough, huh?  The greens were worse.  It has always been a crappy course, but cheap which is why I kept playing this stoopid game 30 years ago.  😂  However, it was never this bad.  Like I said, I haven't played this course in 7 years; might be another 20 years before I go back... I'm 74.

We walked in to the parking lot from the #15 green after 4 hours and 10 minutes.  Don't know my score, but I did hit some monster drives on the rock hard "fairways"; they just bounced in funny directions.  I also had some monster approach shots with short irons; couldn't land balls on the green, had to land them in front of the greens and some still went off the back... and the greens were running maybe 7 on the Stimp!!

Oh well, something to do on our "anniversary".

Happy Proposal Anniversary!

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list